Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:56 am 

Liked: 152
Chris Wallace interviewed Gov. Huckabee. Huck explained that he really wanted to run and thought he would probably decide to run. But, even though the external materials were there the internal crystals weren't.

Chris asked him to do his job as a political analyst and started asking him some questions about the 2012 field. He said some good things about Santorum, T-Paw, Bachmann, and I can't remember if he mentioned Cain or anyone else. He will not endorse anyone yet.

When Chris asked him about Romney he said that Romney left him a voice mail and that he would support him if he is the nominee. When asked about Trump he said that he had come on the side of life and would support him if he is the nominee. He sure put that rumor the T-Paw camp was spreading about him going third party to rest - without even mentioning there was a rumor.

He told us that Trump recorded two endings and didn't know which one would be played. He said he told his staff just before the show (I don't remember if he specified before the taping or the airing.)

IMHO FOXNEWS ought to use Huckabee as a political analyst even more and should ask him to be one of the host/questioners of future debates.

I'm fairly sure there will be a video or transcript posted soon to fill in the blanks more and/or correct any errors in my memory.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:26 am 

Liked: 152
I forgot to mention that Huckabee said good things about Gingrich and Palin. Mike mentioned Santorum first, then Pawlenty, Gingrich, Bachmann, Palin.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
A reminder that the replay is on at 2 pm EST (Right now) on Fox News Channel.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
He seemed impressed and surprised and maybe even a little touched that Romney had sent him a very kind message.

His eyes looked very red and he appeared very tired, however, he said that when his head hit the pillow, he slept very well, referencing the peace he felt about the decision.

Overall, though, I felt like his demeanor was a little sad and maybe even a little disappointed. Have you ever wanted to do something, but been disappointed when you felt God leading you in a different direction? That's the impression I got - happy that the decision was made, but sad/disappointed a bit that it wasn't the decision even he had expected, but confident that the decision was the right one because it had been made with God's direction.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:35 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
He seemed impressed and surprised and maybe even a little touched that Romney had sent him a very kind message.

Romney sent him a message???

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:48 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
When asked about who might benefit from this opening and rise up he mentioned Santorum and then Pawlenty. I get the feeling this is his order of preference at the moment. I really like everything Santorum has to say, but for some reason he comes across as whining when he talks. I like what Pawlenty has to say as well, but for some reason it comes across as boring and just a little short of what is needed to generate enthusiasm. I'll be watching the debate in August in Iowa to start making my decision on who I will support. I live in SC so most likely it will be down to 2 or 3 candidates by then.

I too agree that Huckabee seemed at peace but a little sad at the same time. I think of David who really had his heart set on building the Temple only to find out that he would lay the groundwork, but it would be his son that would do the actual building.

I posted this verse last night, and I'll post it again because I believe it is the theme of what has transpired.

Colossians 3:15 Amplified
15 And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

Post by WalterCan has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Huckabeliever wrote:
IowaforHuckabee wrote:

Romney sent him a message???

On Fox with Chris Wallace Mike said that Romney left him a very nice voicemail and that he appreciated it.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
IowaforHuckabee wrote:

His eyes looked very red and he appeared very tired, however, he said that when his head hit the pillow, he slept very well, referencing the peace he felt about the decision.

Overall, though, I felt like his demeanor was a little sad and maybe even a little disappointed. Have you ever wanted to do something, but been disappointed when you felt God leading you in a different direction? That's the impression I got - happy that the decision was made, but sad/disappointed a bit that it wasn't the decision even he had expected, but confident that the decision was the right one because it had been made with God's direction.

My husband and I observed the same thing. He was not so happy as he had seemed before the announcement. Maybe he has read about all our tears. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:34 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
justgrace wrote:
IowaforHuckabee wrote:

My husband and I observed the same thing. He was not so happy as he had seemed before the announcement. Maybe he has read about all our tears. :wink:

Maybe we could all stand outside his house with sad looking faces and shame him into running. :balling :balling :balling

How could he say no to a couple hundred of us balling our eyes out like that! :)