Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4695315/mike ... -decision/

Link for transcript:
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday/transcript/mike-huckabee-explains-2012-decision-rep-ron-paul-his-presidential-bid-sens-durbin-kyl-ta

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:56 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
My gut says there is somthing to this, look how sad Mike Looks, at one point when the camera is off of him you hear him sniffle. By his own admission he was running until just a few days ago.

Dont get your hopes up, but dont lose hope either. This could be a Abraham and Isaac moment here. Ive watched the videos of all the networks today. You would think Mike Huckabee was the new media darling.... Front Runner, most likable, best chance.....

Huckabee also says hes not ruling anything out for the long term, and that he is still trying to process this. Remember God works in mysterious ways.

To be continued? Could be.

Post by charleslawlesss Liked by: Landon

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:09 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
charleslawlesss wrote:
My gut says there is somthing to this, look how sad Mike Looks, at one point when the camera is off of him you hear him sniffle. By his own admission he was running until just a few days ago.

Dont get your hopes up, but dont lose hope either. This could be a Abraham and Isaac moment here. Ive watched the videos of all the networks today. You would think Mike Huckabee was the new media darling.... Front Runner, most likable, best chance.....

Huckabee also says hes not ruling anything out for the long term, and that he is still trying to process this. Remember God works in mysterious ways.

To be continued? Could be.

I agree and just told my wife this morning that it seemed a little "Abraham and Isaac" watching Huck last night. Who knows God's purposes and future plans, but Huckabee made the right decision.

I can't imagine how hard it must have been to pass at being President with everyone telling you to run, but knowing inside that God is testing your obedience and faith for another day. Even though I'm bummed, I'm excited with what Hucks faithful decision will bring next.

Post by Landon has received Likes: 2 ConservTexan, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I just think this was Huckabee's time and it won't come again....2016 will bring all kinds of new blood forward. And, quite frankly, if he didn't want it this time with a "clear path to victory", I don't think he would want it anytime in the future. Like he said, the more obstacles were removed the more internally he was wavering. I just think he didn't want it badly enough. It is so sad for our country because I truly feel that there is NO ONE who can do what Huckabee could have done for this country. I really feel Huck got sucked into the celebrity of FOX, the big paychecks and the easy/fun job vs the grueling campaign trail and, even worse the burdens of the presidency. Can't say as I blame him, just guess it kind of knocks him off that very tall pedestal that I had placed him on....

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
I just watched this for the first time.

He has peace. He knows he did what God wanted him to do, and he talked about something few people talk about - a relationship with God.

I respect that, above all else.

My view of Mike Huckabee has gone higher - and in a way, that makes it even harder.

Post by chapelccino has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, navyqueen

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I really can't feel that it is God's will for Obama to be president another 4 yrs. so it makes it hard for me to understand why Governor Hucakbee feels he should not run when the polls are showing him in the lead. There is no one else out there to go up against Obama. Huckabee said even Romney would be a far better president than Obama. So, it just doesn't make any sense (he didn't really give a reason) why he felt he should not run...what exactly spiritually made him think no...like I said, I don't blame him, just really disappointed.

Post by nrobyar Liked by: Huckabeliever

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Here is a take on this many here may not have exactly considered.
My small l libertarian side has just seen Mike's currency take a quantum leap.
The rest of me saw the same some time ago, but for different reasons.
Now that I've got you all confused, I'll spill the beans, perhaps some of the libertarian persuasion have seen this too.
I always have been a bit wary of any candidate who wants the job too much.
Sure, give it your best shot, but don't go to great lengths packaging the candidate
and the message. Barack Obama carried this to unbelievable lenghts, even siphoning off votes of candidates against the wars, as well as even many Christians.
He made himself everything to everybody. He was the quintessential example of a Madison Avenue marketed candidate.
Anyway, I see what Mike had done as him saying there are a lot more important things than being President. That makes him more like our founders. If God willed, he would have cleaned house relegating Obama to the unemployment line.
But he was not the type to crave power. Use it for good, but not become it's slave.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:26 pm 

Liked: 152
I love Mike Huckabee!

Those of us that have ventured into unfriendly territory in the blogosphere know that there are many Huckabee haters out there. The other candidates and their supporters would keep throwing everything they possibly could to knock Huckabee down. Winning the nomination would NOT be easy and defeating a sitting President would be even harder.

Rush, Hannity, and several others did there best to help anyone other than McCain and Huckabee. They already showed they would be doing that again by overlooking him in the polls.

IMHO 2008 should have been Huckabee's time but Huckabee couldn't even get the backing of many top name evangelicals because they thought he was unelectable. I still can't believe some of them had the audacity to preach to us to vote Biblical values for years and then come out and endorse Rudy and/or Mitt instead of one of their own. Sometimes people don't realize how good they have it until they lose what they had. Maybe God doesn't think America deserves Huckabee or another chance.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:23 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
GrannyT wrote:
IMHO 2008 should have been Huckabee's time but Huckabee couldn't even get the backing of many top name evangelicals because they thought he was unelectable. I still can't believe some of them had the audacity to preach to us to vote Biblical values for years and then come out and endorse Rudy and/or Mitt instead of one of their own...

This really got me too. How many times did we hear Dobson and others tell us throughout the 80's, "Vote your values and not your pocketbook." Then in 2008 they said they weren't voting for Huckabee because of fiscal issues. scratch