Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
How I'm feeling today.....

I cried all the way through church this morning... went out to the nature trail to pray and cry some more...then came home and went to bed. TOTALLY unlike me!!! I hardly ever take naps (makes me feel woozy) and almost NEVER cry.

I've never been someone who is prone to depression, or even frequent bad moods. I usually bounce back from setbacks very quickly, and tend to have energy to tackle the world most days. But today.... picture, if you will, the scene from the movie "Braveheart," where William Wallace finds out that it's Robert the Bruce who is behind that mask...and that it's Robert the Bruce, the man he believed in, who has let him down. William Wallace looks stunned, then drops his sword, just lays down in the grass, and no longer cares if he gets killed.

If you'll pardon another movie reference... The sentence that keeps going through my mind is a line from the movie Steele Magnolias: "I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special." Like TVV wrote, none of the other candidates inspires me in the least. I'm glad that a few of them are trustworthy on the pro-life issue, but as people, they just don't have that special something to inspire excitement or confidence.

I'm just devastated. Personally, looking at my life, I feel like Cinderella....I work and work, day and night, for 3 and a half years... and then one day the Fairy Godmother comes and says, "I have a special announcement tomorrow... Wait for it..... OK, here it is: You do NOT get to go to any ball, and furthermore I'm quitting as Fairy Godmother...and you can look forward to working as a maid for the rest of your life but without anything magic to look forward to."

I'm just devastated. Do we have a little animated icon that shows someone curling up in the fetal position with their head under a pillow?
:thud

I am with you, Dear one. This is sooo hard. I could not sleep last night and had to have a nap this afternoon. We never expected this end. We could see all the signs pointing to a winnable election for Huckabee. (And he agreed on Fox News Sunday that several days ago he was leaning toward running.) But of course the candidate has to be willing and feel it is God's calling to enter such a brutal process.

As my husband told me, we will just have to wait and see how the Governor plans to proceed. My DH also said that really there was no other way to announce than to his television audience, especially since he had promised to do it that way some time ago. Back then, he probably thought it would be a "Yes, I'm in" announcement. Huckabee has such a deep concern for this country; my hubby and I cannot see him just being happy playing guitar and talking to folks on a television program. We are trying to keep in mind the 600 radio stations and the two million plus people he has an opportunity to communicate his message with each week.

And, did you notice on Gov. Huckabee's interview with Chris Wallace that he said he didn't rule out a run sometime in the future? Just not now. Also, I liked it when Huckabee answered Wallace's question about how he knew God was speaking to him. He responded: "Does God speak in an audible voice?..No, it's a lot louder." He called this a very personal, intimate decision.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:06 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
He could be thinking he can enter late.... maybe as late as next year and still win the nomination. He seemed awlfully sad today on Chris Wallace's show. Im like others not wanting to even think about it to get my hopes up.....

But something just doesnt add up. I think this may be a To Be Continued Moment...... This election is not over, so do not lose hope. I am going to go about my life and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I am feeling like all of you. Last night I was shocked. Today I have been very sad. I think it is going to take me a few more days to get through all the stages of grief. Because it is the end of a dream. I have not gone out reading other websites because I was not interested in what they had to say. Won't be interested in listening to the radio talk show hosts tomorrow either.

I really respect Mike Huckabee's decision. I loved that he asked us all to pray for him for clarity, discernment, on this major decision. We did and Mike Huckabee took the time to listen to what God was telling him. I love that he had the courage to tell the whole world that message. And he reaffirmed it today on FNS with Chris Wallace, telling Chris he heard God loud and clear. Ego and vanity could have kept Huckabee in the race. But humility and faith kept him out. I can live with that!

I hope that HucksArmy will still be here throughout this whole 2012 process. It is the first website I go to in the morning. I like the friendships I have made, the support group that we have, the inside jokes and the prayer requests, and that we all admired the principles that Mike Huckabee championed.

I think we do Mike Huckabee a disservice by disbanding. We all may end up voting for a different candidate in the primaries. But I believe we will all be fighting for the same principles.

I hope that everyone sticks around.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan has received Likes: 3 Grant, justgrace, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:14 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Does anyone know the best way to contact Fox News? I want to tell them what I thought of their Trump plug last night.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:35 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Huckabeliever wrote:
Does anyone know the best way to contact Fox News? I want to tell them what I thought of their Trump plug last night.

According to http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/huckabee/index.html:
huckmail@foxnews.com

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:39 pm 
** General

Grant wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:

According to http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/huckabee/index.html:
huckmail@foxnews.com

Thanks. I hope Huckabee doesn't read it and instead it goes to a producer or someone.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:45 pm 
** General

Just sent Fox this message.

Quote:
I am a Mike Huckabee supporter who was very upset after his announcement last night on his show. What made it worse was to see Donald Trump come on the tv and make a "Huckabee Alert" and rub salt in Huckabee supporter's very fresh wounds. It was extremely distasteful and hurtful. Whoever okayed that should be ashamed of themselves. They should have taken into account that Huckabee was going to be shocking a lot of people that night and should have rejected Trumps "announcement".

Very disappointed,

Courtney *****

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
I suppose I feel a bit numb today about all this. There is a lot going on in my life (our beloved foster granddaughter is supposed to go to her birthfather whom she's never lived with and we are devastated and praying for a miracle, we are in the midst of adopting a little boy from the Congo and there are many, many ups and downs in the process, and so on...) - and I really, really hoped there would be the joyful distraction of Mike's announcing he would run for president. To be honest, I still can't believe it.

I feel as though I understand it personally - I appreciate his decision-making process, I appreciate his honesty, I appreciate his seeking after God. In the quiet of my house hearing what he said, I was shocked but accepting.

It's when I step back and think about all it means that I am a little overwhelmed. No Mike Huckabee running for president? Did we hear right? The reality of it is sinking in, and it's hard. I support his causes - but I supported him as the standard bearer for those causes. I supported his style of vertical politics along with his causes. No one else blends the two. No one.

Sorry to vent. As I said, there are big things in my life right now, and they take up most of my thoughts, prayers, emotions, and plans. But there was a place set aside for Huckabee 2012, and it's jarring that that place is empty.

Praying for him tonight, for us, and for our country...

Post by chapelccino Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:24 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 2
Huckabeliever wrote:

Quote:
I am a Mike Huckabee supporter who was very upset after his announcement last night on his show. What made it worse was to see Donald Trump come on the tv and make a "Huckabee Alert" and rub salt in Huckabee supporter's very fresh wounds. It was extremely distasteful and hurtful. Whoever okayed that should be ashamed of themselves. They should have taken into account that Huckabee was going to be shocking a lot of people that night and should have rejected Trumps "announcement".

Very disappointed,

Courtney *****

Don't you think its possible the video from Trump was as much to cheer him up. Look, he has wanted to be President probably for his entire life. It's not a decision he took lightly. We are all talking about how down we are... Come on. He's just as bummed. He may be "at peace", but that doesn't mean he necessarily likes the idea of not running. I'm at peace that God is going to take care of me, but that doesn't mean that I enjoy the present amount of $$ in my bank account. (Do you follow? Being at peace doesnt mean you are in love with the decision you've made.) This was not easy for the guy.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Trump could've sent it to Huckabee directly then. No, this was meant for Huckabee's supporters and that's what chafes...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:31 pm 
** General

TheMatman wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:

Quote:

Very disappointed,

Courtney *****

Don't you think its possible the video from Trump was as much to cheer him up. Look, he has wanted to be President probably for his entire life. It's not a decision he took lightly. We are all talking about how down we are... Come on. He's just as bummed. He may be "at peace", but that doesn't mean he necessarily likes the idea of not running. I'm at peace that God is going to take care of me, but that doesn't mean that I enjoy the present amount of $$ in my bank account. (Do you follow? Being at peace doesnt mean you are in love with the decision you've made.) This was not easy for the guy.

No, I don't really see how it was to cheer him up. I am assuming the email will go to a producer who probably made the decision to air the video.

The email wasn't in response to Huckabee's announcement, it was for the poorly timed Trump plug immediately afterwards.

If my posting the email I sent offends anyone, I will gladly delete it. I just figured since I asked for the email address to send an email that I would post what I sent.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:38 pm 
***** General

Courtney,

Not only am I glad to you sent it, but I believe you spoke for a large segment of Huckabee's supporters. I just hope it gets to the person who actually made that decision. Don't apologize for a word of it.

~Grace

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 pm 
** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Courtney,

Not only am I glad to you sent it, but I believe you spoke for a large segment of Huckabee's supporters. I just hope it gets to the person who actually made that decision. Don't apologize for a word of it.

~Grace

Thank you. I know the email is kinda harsh, but I wanted to try to convey a small bit of what I was feeling last night when watching Trump.

Post by Huckabeliever Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:49 pm 
Private

Liked: 15
I have taken the time to read through this whole thread, I do not post here often but read most of the stuff from the people who do and I have been and am today throughly impressed with your classiness. As a regular poster at race42012, the lead-up in to the announcement last night was disgusting and the comments were nasty and denigrating. Then I came over here and it was the complete opposite, disappointment but a gracious acceptance. It was refreshing and I hope you hold your heads up, the Govenor has opportunities he has never had before to influence conservative causes and I for one cannot wait to support them, and him.

Thanks again for a fresh bit of perspective. Now more than ever it is much needed :)

Post by ADB has received Likes: 8 beezwax, ConservTexan, Huckabeliever, IowaforHuckabee, Jack_Somers81, maryrae, QuoVadisAnima, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:15 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
And so the solution to the deep guano that our country in is to do what? Withdraw and wave goodbye, hugging ourselves for our ideological purity, as it goes down the drain? At least there are some Huckabee conservatives waiting in the wings of 2016 now. If you give up on reclaiming the GOP at this point, you're handing it to the very people you disapprove of. You didn't think that it could be done in one presidential cycle, did you?

Sorry, but I totally agree with Huckabee's football analogy - we may not have reached the goal YET, but we have gained a heckuva lot of yardage. Are we just going to quit & hand it back or are we going to fight till the last moment of the last quarter?

Okay, so at this point it's begging for a "Let's get back in there & win one for the Gipper!" sort of ending, except that the Gipper just informed us that he's not going to be the quarterback, but this kind of thing makes me crazy.

I'm as pro-life as it gets, but this is like the argument people were making back when we were trying to make partial birth abortion illegal. There were actually people calling it an unacceptable compromise because it was only a small fraction of the babies being slaughtered and they wanted to fight for ALL or nothing.

Politics does NOT work that way. You fight for whatever you can get! Then you work to hold your yardage while continuing to try to advance the ball. And in politics, you also can persuade opponents & by-standers to join the team. The larger the team, the better your chances of scoring. I'm not sure where things are going, but I do know that this is no time to quit and go home!
next week you can lecture us, but tonight, allow us our time of grieving!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:20 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Quote:
I've been praying for continued peace if this is really God's will for him

Yeah, that was my prayer at church this morning - that if it was really God's will then would He please grant me the same peace with GH's decision. Unfortunately, even at 46yrs of age, I still haven't learned to accept God's will graciously.

The problem here is that this is bigger than any one person - this is the direction of our country at a critical moment in history and it feels like God may have just told us "No". Our country has a potentially terminal illness & God may be declining to save her. So now the agony of wondering will there be a last minute miracle in the form of a changed mind or an alternative candidate, or will it be a long & agonizing death? I'd like a peek at the end of the story so I can just start dealing with it now. Then again, there's a good chance I wouldn't. Ugh. :-P
I totally agree with you here.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:23 am 
***** General

Wendero wrote:
Thank you Sandra. Yeah, it's a tragic situation. He was diagnosed in April (or, that's when I found out), but will have to wait until fall to get surgery. Swedish universal health care at it's best! Letting you down when you need it the most. Universal health care does actually mean rationed health care, and whoever says otherwise is lying.

John, I missed your post in all the chaos (mostly my own inner chaos). I'm so sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you right now! I will keep you & your father in my prayers as well!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Anyone else have a hollow feeling inside right now? Not even some exciting playoff hockey and a box of chocolate mini donuts is filling the void. :(

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 am 
***** General

Indiana4Huck wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
And so the solution to the deep guano that our country in is to do what? Withdraw and wave goodbye, hugging ourselves for our ideological purity, as it goes down the drain? At least there are some Huckabee conservatives waiting in the wings of 2016 now. If you give up on reclaiming the GOP at this point, you're handing it to the very people you disapprove of. You didn't think that it could be done in one presidential cycle, did you?

Sorry, but I totally agree with Huckabee's football analogy - we may not have reached the goal YET, but we have gained a heckuva lot of yardage. Are we just going to quit & hand it back or are we going to fight till the last moment of the last quarter?

Okay, so at this point it's begging for a "Let's get back in there & win one for the Gipper!" sort of ending, except that the Gipper just informed us that he's not going to be the quarterback, but this kind of thing makes me crazy.

I'm as pro-life as it gets, but this is like the argument people were making back when we were trying to make partial birth abortion illegal. There were actually people calling it an unacceptable compromise because it was only a small fraction of the babies being slaughtered and they wanted to fight for ALL or nothing.

Politics does NOT work that way. You fight for whatever you can get! Then you work to hold your yardage while continuing to try to advance the ball. And in politics, you also can persuade opponents & by-standers to join the team. The larger the team, the better your chances of scoring. I'm not sure where things are going, but I do know that this is no time to quit and go home!
next week you can lecture us, but tonight, allow us our time of grieving!

I4H, I understand & I'm sorry. We are all dealing with it in our own ways and I don't want to alienate anyone. But based on what was said, I wasn't sure there would be a next week option since the talk was of walking away. Taking a break is one thing - we probably all need it. However, quitting the battle - and encouraging others to do so - is something we can't afford when we're outnumbered to begin with.

Frankly, the "I'm not gonna vote because I can't have my ideal" thing blows my mind because it is rejects the God given virtue of prudence (being 'wise as snakes') as well as His natural gift of reason while claiming God's approval for it - God is not inconsistent with Himself. Ideological purity is a necessity in faith, but a luxury in politics. We have to gain the political capital necessary to buy it first.

I will do my best to defer to the moderators of this board, but I honestly don't know that I can restrain myself on this subject as it is clear from 2008 just how terrible the consequences of that kind of thinking can be - you will know if something is good or bad by its fruit; is there any doubt about the fruit of 2008's election? God doesn't require us to check our brains at the door; in fact, He requires us to make use of what He has given us.

I did very much appreciate the explanation left by Lee clarifying what he meant & I apologize to him & to anyone else I may have misunderstood.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:53 am 
Captain

Liked: 26
I'm still praying for God's mercy and blessing on our beloved country, and that He will raise up the right man or woman to lead our nation back Him. As I see it, only God can fix the mess we seem to have gotten ourselves into.

That said, since the Governor's announcement I've been doing a lot of thinking and there are a couple of things that bother me:

Why, after being told that we would not know Gov. Huckabee's decision until summer, did it suddenly, seemingly out of the blue, become such a huge, hurried announcement?

The other thing I've been wondering about is whether or not the Governor could afford to give up his income to run for President. After all, he is still the breadwinner of the family...and if his income stops, how will he support his family? Would he be allowed to pay himself a salary out of campaign dollars? After all, the daily expenses of living continue. I admit to being very naive about these kinds of things.

As you can see, like so many others, I'm still struggling to totally accept the Governor's decision. He seemed so right! But then, God always knows best!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next