Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Direction
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:36 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I don't think we should be so haste to change the name of the group while we are all still hurting. Even if Huckabee never runs for another office again, it just feels WRONG to change the name. We have had so many discussions about issues that weren't about Huckabee but that were important to us. I never expected to find a group of people that I have so much in common with and I am so appreciative of each and every one of you here!!!!

I love Huck's Army!! :)

Post by Huckabeliever Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 4
justgrace wrote:

We are Huck's Army. In a way we serve at Huck's command. We are here to serve him in whatever way we can, in the mission to restore America and return more conservative values and candidates to government. We are a forum for discussion of ideas, too. But beyond that we exist as a support group for each other to share concerns and ideas in this cultural and political battle to preserve freedom and justice for America. I am not one of the founders or moderators here, but that is how I look at HA.

Our greatest days could actually be ahead of us.

Spot on. I would include this in a new mission statement, if there ever was a need to update it.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:33 pm 
***** General

Huckabeliever wrote:
I don't think we should be so haste to change the name of the group while we are all still hurting. Even if Huckabee never runs for another office again, it just feels WRONG to change the name. We have had so many discussions about issues that weren't about Huckabee but that were important to us. I never expected to find a group of people that I have so much in common with and I am so appreciative of each and every one of you here!!!!

Yes, the name should stay. Agree.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Huck'sArmy2.0? Or would that be 3.0? :lol:

Maybe we could be Huck'sArmy: The Next Generation!

Sorry, I'm self medicating with bad attempts at humor because if I eat anymore chocolate, I'm going to get sick. :D

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: Southern Doc

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:51 pm 
Major General

Liked: 24
Huckabeliever wrote:

I would keep the name the same as wll and work towards promoting his values he promoted we shared as well as candidates who do. Maybe all those candidates, not just those running for president.

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

Post by bobrocky has received Likes: 3 justgrace, maryrae, tdavisjr

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
That makes sense - what brought us all together here is the desire to support/ fight for Huckabee's values & principles. Maybe we can't have the candidate, but we can continue to support/ fight for those same values & principles.

Eventually, we will have to discuss the 2012 roster in terms of those values & principles. Unless God raises up another, it is pretty clear that we will not all go the same direction there. This is what breaks my heart the most as the current field is so divisive that it virtually guarantees Obama's 2nd term. We desperately need a candidate that can rally Reagan's "3-legged stool".

At any rate, I think we will need to make new rules on how we will handle those discussions to reduce the brushfires these discussions & their inevitable disagreements will cause.

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 3 gagoesforhuck, Huckabeliever, justgrace

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 pm 
***** General

bobrocky wrote:
I would keep the name the same as wll and work towards promoting his values he promoted we shared as well as candidates who do. Maybe all those candidates, not just those running for president.

Bingo!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:16 pm 
***** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Eventually, we will have to discuss the 2012 roster in terms of those values & principles. Unless God raises up another, it is pretty clear that we will not all go the same direction there. This is what breaks my heart the most as the current field is so divisive that it virtually guarantees Obama's 2nd term. We desperately need a candidate that can rally Reagan's "3-legged stool".

This is sad, but so true. We all are drawn to people for very different reasons. I can tell you that for the past year my activity has dropped off a bit because I tried to focus on what to do next post-Huckabee 2008 Primaries and it kinda got me in some trouble with some of the members here. But, if we focus on these shared values and principles regardless of the candidate or politician, then we can make Obama a one-termer and make the country even better in the process.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/H ... cErkg.cspx

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I just wanted to let everyone know that the moderators are taking note of everyone's comments about the future and are beginning to bring ourselves to start discussing what the future of this forum will likely look like.

As others have said, there will be a future for this Army. There has to be.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:08 pm 
Captain

Liked: 11
There's no reason Huck's Army couldn't be an unofficial arm of HuckPac and Governor Huckabee's other political and issue efforts. Since ending his run in '08, he has sent out numerous emails, Facebook posts, and calls to action on Huckabee urging us to take action on various issues.

As one of the other post-ers alluded to, even though who he is as a person is an integral part of the equation, the other, perhaps bigger reason we are here is that we resonate with the issues for which he advocates. Life, family, Fair Tax, etc.

I say keep Huck's Army, and let's continue posting and discussing news and issues as well as providing resources for action.

Thanks to all of you for making Huck's Army the place to go for all things Huckabee, and let's keep promoting and fighting for the issues Governor Huckabee and Huck's Army hold dear.

Post by D-Dawg has received Likes: 8 Craig88USC, gagoesforhuck, goalieman, IowaforHuckabee, justgrace, maryrae, QuoVadisAnima, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
cschande wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that the moderators are taking note of everyone's comments about the future and are beginning to bring ourselves to start discussing what the future of this forum will likely look like.

Thank you cschande. And thanks to all of you. I haven't said much since last night, because, frankly, it hurts too much to talk about it right now. But I've read all that y'all have written, and I'm agreeing with you in spirit.

I don't know yet how involved I'll be in 2012, but I do hope HA will not go away. I praise God for you all!

Post by WhatsNotToLike? Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
cschande wrote:

Thank you cschande. And thanks to all of you. I haven't said much since last night, because, frankly, it hurts too much to talk about it right now. But I've read all that y'all have written, and I'm agreeing with you in spirit.

I don't know yet how involved I'll be in 2012, but I do hope HA will not go away. I praise God for you all!

I was going to send this as a Personal Message but I thought I'd embarrass you instead.

You are a joy and a Blessing here at HA. Transparently decent and kind, you rekindle my hope that the tap root of American greatness and character is still alive and simply awaiting the chance to spring forth anew.

We have something of an inferiority complex here in Arkansas being the butt of so many jokes.

In retaliation we sometimes point out that we are not always last on so many lists. Mississippi is last. Or Louisiana. Or West Virginia.

So we say, "Thank God for Mississippi."

But I mean it sincerely when I say, "Thank God for West(ern) Virginia.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 3 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, justgrace, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
Southern Doc wrote:
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
cschande wrote:

I was going to send this as a Personal Message but I thought I'd embarrass you instead.

You are a joy and a Blessing here at HA. Transparently decent and kind, you rekindle my hope that the tap root of American greatness and character is still alive and simply awaiting the chance to spring forth anew.

We have something of an inferiority complex here in Arkansas being the butt of so many jokes.

In retaliation we sometimes point out that we are not always last on so many lists. Mississippi is last. Or Louisiana. Or West Virginia.

So we say, "Thank God for Mississippi."

But I mean it sincerely when I say, "Thank God for West(ern) Virginia.

Well, now that I've stopped bawling like a baby, thank you so much SouthernDoc. :oops: I couldn't let myself cry last night or today, but now I feel better. :)

I can't tell you how much I have learned here on HA....yes, about politics and history, but also about the genuinely fine character of Americans. For some years I had believed that that spirit had eroded away, but I was wrong. The heartbeat of all that is good and healthy and unique in our land can be heard pulsing through the threads here.

I don't know what God has in store, but this morning I had the distinct impression that, even as He was closing this door, He was opening another - maybe several others. His possibilities know no limits.

Goodnight, friends.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 4 cschande, gagoesforhuck, justgrace, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:59 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
cschande wrote:

Well then, I will put my 2 cents in. Like I said last night in another thread:

Quote:
I am so thankful to have HA to come to and work through all of this disappointment with my Huckabee friends and so glad to hear that this is not the end of this forum. There is still a lot for us to discuss, debate, inform and help each other to make decisions on; not to mention the simple enjoyment of fellowship with like-minded people. For many here, this is our third major disappointment - when Mike dropped out, when Mike was passed over for VP, and now this. For those who choose to stay at HA, we will work through this together again and then continue to fight for the principles and values that we and Mike Huckabee believe in.

Just because Mike Huckabee is no longer running for President doesn't mean that Mike Huckabee no longer exists. He is the reason this army was formed and I think it should still bear his name. Those of us who believe in Mike Huckabee the man and what he stands for, believes in, and fights for, rather than just Mike Huckabee the Presidential candidate, still care about what Mike Huckabee has to say, what he is thinking, and what his opinion is on a particular subject or candidate. I am still a "Huckabee conservative" whether he is running or not.

I am shocked by the statement that some will no longer watch his show. It is a great show. It's entertaining and very informative. To me, that is the consolation prize of all of this - that the show will go on and I have something to look forward to watching on the weekend.

He will continue to be someone I look up to, respect, and listen to because of his character, wisdom, integrity and Christian values, and because the issues that he cares about are the issues that I care about. His politics line up with mine closer than any other candidate's ever have. None of that has changed because he isn't running for President.

I think the name should remain the same and also the forum board index for the most part. It has been set up very well and we can continue with discussion of other candidates and issues and current events; sharing, informing, and discussing (hopefully in a respectful, civil, and vertical way) as we have in the past.

I have learned so much from Huck's Army and the incredible wisdom that so many such as Doc and TVV and others have been so kind to share (I still think it would be awesome to sit in Doc's classroom - what a privilege that would be - I bet his students don't realize how lucky they are to get to experience his teaching on a daily basis). Whenever anything happens, I come here first because HA members are usually on top of the latest and strive to be well informed.

Huck's Army is who we are. It would be weird and just wouldn't seem right to go by any other name.

Post by IowaforHuckabee has received Likes: 4 gagoesforhuck, justgrace, QuoVadisAnima, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
Some things which would make sense with the cards we are dealt:

1. Continue to promote GH with friends and family. His message is more important than the Presidency.
2. Mount a campaign to have the soon to be vacant Beck time slot changed to a Huckabee time slot. He could become the "Oprah" of Conservative America.
3. The Learn Our History series needs to be donated to every school and library in America. Can we start a drive to "Adopt a School" for this purpose?
4. Lead a drive for a radio show. Talk Radio could use a man like GH. It has become so negative and conflicted. He is a natural and could be bigger than Rush Limbaugh.
5. Don't rule out 2016 but don't make it the primary focus.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:07 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
cschande wrote:

We need all of us. I cannot imagine you not being here. :pray

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 maryrae, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:59 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
I know I'm not a regular poster here anymore or a moderator or anything but to me I would draw the analogy of Huckabee not running to a beloved general who united an army and then died in battle. While we are all very upset Huckabee is not running, I think what Huckabee did was really and truly unite an army of people who up until now was scattered. The way I see it, the Republican Party wants our votes, not our candidates. They tried to put Mike Huckabee down last time, but he shone through and almost won anyway because he united us. Now that he has "gone down in battle" and decided not to run, it would be wrong for us to simply scatter and continue to be abused by the Republican Party. Yes there should be grieving and I am still very upset, but this is our best time while this is still fresh to pull together and resolve not to let things continue as they are.

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

Post by NJ Huck Supporter has received Likes: 5 Chadballer, gagoesforhuck, Grant, justgrace, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Gov. Huckabee is not going away...he just won't be on the campaign trail (this time) but he will be plenty of other places. He will still need an army just like he did between 2008 and 2010 before the Pres. stuff ramped up.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:29 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
NJ Huck Supporter wrote:
I know I'm not a regular poster here anymore or a moderator or anything but to me I would draw the analogy of Huckabee not running to a beloved general who united an army and then died in battle. While we are all very upset Huckabee is not running, I think what Huckabee did was really and truly unite an army of people who up until now was scattered. The way I see it, the Republican Party wants our votes, not our candidates. They tried to put Mike Huckabee down last time, but he shone through and almost won anyway because he united us. Now that he has "gone down in battle" and decided not to run, it would be wrong for us to simply scatter and continue to be abused by the Republican Party. Yes there should be grieving and I am still very upset, but this is our best time while this is still fresh to pull together and resolve not to let things continue as they are.

NJ, I had given up hope and was thinking of leaving. But after reading this post, I think you're right. We are still an army and there are still generals out there for us to win battles for. Governor Huckabee gave us our collective voice. Maybe it's about time we use it for a campaign. and maybe we'll find our diamond in the rough.

Post by Chadballer has received Likes: 3 NJ Huck Supporter, QuoVadisAnima, WhatsNotToLike?