Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:50 pm 

Liked: 57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaasyOwWs7M

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:54 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
I've always liked Joe. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
A guy on the panel (no idea who) said "there are people around the president who agree with you on that." :(

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 3
bmk2307 wrote:
A guy on the panel (no idea who) said "there are people around the president who agree with you on that." :(

He is name is Mark Halperin, I believe he works for Time magazine.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Im sure Obama is feeling pretty good about things right about now...He probably feels like he can slide right into a second term with no problem and I tend to agree. We have the most lack-luster group of candidates in the most serious election period in history. I don't see anyone coming out of nowhere to beat him...Im sure Huckabee knows this and that is why I am so disappointed in his decision. It appears that he chose FOX over the American people.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:37 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
nrobyar wrote:
Im sure Obama is feeling pretty good about things right about now...He probably feels like he can slide right into a second term with no problem and I tend to agree. We have the most lack-luster group of candidates in the most serious election period in history. I don't see anyone coming out of nowhere to beat him...Im sure Huckabee knows this and that is why I am so disappointed in his decision. It appears that he chose FOX over the American people.

It wasn't that he chose FOX over the American people. He chose God over the American people. He chose to follow his faith rather than the needs and wants of the country that he dearly loves. He chose God's prompting rather than man's prompting. (And don't think for one minute that he doesn't feel terrible about letting us down.) Without God's "go-ahead" it would be impossible to accomplish the things that need to be done in the White House and Mike knows, believes, respects and honors that. I think he is probably in some ways mourning the loss of what could have been and what he thought was going to be and is trying to process it all, just like we are; however, he has the full understanding, knowledge and peace that he is doing "The Right Thing" according to his beliefs. If someone doesn't share those beliefs, it is very hard to understand. If you do, then you "get it", even if it is sometimes hard to joyfully swallow.

He loves his job at FOX, but I believe he would have given that up without hesitation if he felt God leading him into the race. Despite what many would want us to believe, he is not the type of man that would choose wealth over duty when called by his "Commander in Chief". To think otherwise is to dishonor a great patriot and a faithful man of God.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:17 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I still respect Mike and can't imagine not watching him anymore. Today,every time they mentioned him on tv, I ran into the room to see what they were saying. I have been thinkng about him all day and I asked myself what would I have done if I were him. Would I choose to:
(A)spend every night and day defending myself,fighting my own party and the democrats and be miserable
(B)spend everyday,at peace with myself,enjoying the awesome life that God has given me

I think the biggest problem for some of us is that we are living in such hard times right now. The whole world seems to have gone crazy and I think we were looking at Mike to be our great savior, when we should all be looking up. We have been thinking more of what WE needed than what Mike needed. There is no doubt he could have won this race, but for what ever reason, the Lord has different plans for him.
I cant imagine not having this board to come to and I hope it keeps its name. We are all Hucks Army, and we are still needed in the battle for our nation.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Huckabee leaving the race does aid Obama by taking out someone who could unite the actual conservative middle America voters and have been well insulated against the playing of the race card (though I was always sceptical that Huck could dent Obama's lock on African-American voters [which is not really much greater than any Dem] I did think Huck would not energize minority voters to vote AGAINST the GOP candidate).

That said, the 2012 race was never really going to be about the GOP nominee no matter who that was. It was, and will be, about Obama. Re-elects are retrospective elections and Obama is highy exposed. The economy is very weak and fragile as is the national mood. Obama will need a real and publically discernable uptick in the economy to prevail. If he gets it he wins. If he doesn't he MIGHT lose.

Only MIGHT lose though. He has a very ruthless and talent campaign crew (actual governing - not so much). They will do all they can IF the economy is in the doldrums still to turn the election into a referendum on the failings of the GOP nominee.

For Huck that would have led to a subtle, or not so subtle, attack on him as radical in the only area where the claim has any weight - his faith.

As much as I would like to see Huck in the ring, I too looked at the coming fight as likely to be the most vicious in our history. The secularist and the homosexual rights community rightly see the Christian conservative movement as their primary foe or obsticle. That is why they are giving to Obama's re-elect in record numbers already. I was ready for a full blown culture war because it's going on whether we recognize it or not. But a campaign in 2012 against Huck was going to provide a real opportunity for an economically failed Obama to shift the debate to whether there really was a global flood? Should men be considered as the "head" of a household.? Was the world created in six days? etc. etc. etc.

Now Huck would have worked to put Obama and his actual record of administration back at the center, but Huck had also shown last time that he would never back away from giving a direct defense of his faith if asked. I tought he' likely be able to pull it off but I didn't frankly look forward to the wholesale attack on faith that was going to come.

So Mike being out is good news for Obama. But not as good for his re-elect as we here might think.

Obama can be beat. But now, Obama must beat Obama.

The Republicans will simply need a reasonable placeholder who can collect the office when Obama forfeits it. At this point T-Paw, or Daniels (who I think it has been annointed by the party men) would do. Maybe others, but the ones in the mix of candidates now start to run the risk of Obama again shifting the race back to them and they are more exotic and quirky and thus exposed to the strategy.

We shall see.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 2 goalieman, justgrace