Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
My husband just emailed me that Mike will be on Hannity tonight.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:11 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I will not be watching. I do not care to see Hannity gloat.

Besides, I will be watching Dancing With the Stars. :wink:

Post by Huckabeliever Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Is this where Hannity is going to call Huckabee his good friend? :roll:

Is this where Hannity is going to say he is shocked, shocked that Huckabee is not going to run, and that he was actually going to support him? :roll:

Is this where Hannity will repeatedly ask Huckabee about Romney? :roll:

Maybe I will tape it and not watch it until I come on here and y'all tell me that the coast is clear.

I just don't like or trust Hannity. I would have preferred Huckabee be on with Greta instead. She would have been more neutral in her questions.

But, we shall see.....

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan has received Likes: 3 All-in-for-Mike, goalieman, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
My husband just emailed me that Mike will be on Hannity tonight.

OK...I guess my day can get worse. :wink:

Great, now I get to see Hannity talk about how great Huck is now that he won't run. And of course ask who does he think is helped most of the real candidates.

At least this time he'll be correct when he speaks of Mike pulling out of Florida.

No...wait a minute!

Mike will be LIVING there now.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 4 goalieman, GrannyT, justgrace, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I won't be watching FOX at all for a while. I don't want to continue to watch Governor Huckabee because I have to start mending so I can get behind another candidate and watching Huckabee will not allow that to happen.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:11 pm 
** General

I switched it over for a second and caught the very end. Hannity said he will try to get Trump's other video and will air it tomorrow night. Then he said that Dick Morris would talk about Huckabee's "big announcement" and about Trump's "bombshell decision". Huckabee's decision not to run was WAY more bombshell than Trump's, Mr. Hannity!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:19 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
Ok one thing, I noticed..... Huck said he wouldnt rule anything out for the Future, then he mentioned July, 4yrs, 8yrs..... I think the fact he mentioned July means he may revisit the Idea at a later time this year. He is by no means saying this, but at the same time HE originally said he didnt want to get in until late if you read reports from Ed Rollins.

I think if no one is polling well, and he feels led, his show is down in ratings. There is a chance he may consider getting back in.

Just my feeling.

Post by charleslawlesss Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
charleslawlesss wrote:
Ok one thing, I noticed..... Huck said he wouldnt rule anything out for the Future, then he mentioned July, 4yrs, 8yrs..... I think the fact he mentioned July means he may revisit the Idea at a later time this year. He is by no means saying this, but at the same time HE originally said he didnt want to get in until late if you read reports from Ed Rollins.

I think if no one is polling well, and he feels led, his show is down in ratings. There is a chance he may consider getting back in.

Just my feeling.

I heard it as "I'm not saying July, but maybe in 4 years or 8 years". So no, he is out this round.

Oddly, Hannity didn't ask about VP.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:32 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
charleslawlesss wrote:

Just my feeling.

I heard it as "I'm not saying July, but maybe in 4 years or 8 years". So no, he is out this round.

again, Hucks said hes not ruling "ANYTHING OUT" as of right now he is out. No question. Im just saying anything can happen. Why mention July at all....

Post by charleslawlesss Liked by: jrebe

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:43 pm 
Private

Liked: 11
charleslawlesss wrote:

Just my feeling.

I have to agree. When asked about if the door was open Huck said he wouldn't rule out anything. Even Huck knows that the future is unknown.

You know, I don't post a lot on here, but still, it seems like people on here are a little too quick to abandon him. I'm not saying Huck will change his mind, but really? The Iowa caucus isn't until February... What if he did get back in as late as September? Everyone on here seemed so pro Huck until Saturday and suddenly people are trying to convince people to vote Pawlenty, Bachman, etc. when we all have MONTHS to decide.

I don't need to decide yet. Origionally Huck wasn't even going to decide until July or August, so I'm not going to look into anyone else until October, which still would give me several months to decide on another candidate.

It's better to think things out carefully than make rash and hasty decisions.

Post by jrebe has received Likes: 10 charleslawlesss, christopher.wilkerson, Craig88USC, dadof5, GrannyT, justgrace, Miranda, sandra, TheValuesVoter, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
jrebe wrote:
charleslawlesss wrote:

Just my feeling.

I have to agree. When asked about if the door was open Huck said he wouldn't rule out anything. Even Huck knows that the future is unknown.

You know, I don't post a lot on here, but still, it seems like people on here are a little too quick to abandon him. I'm not saying Huck will change his mind, but really? The Iowa caucus isn't until February... What if he did get back in as late as September? Everyone on here seemed so pro Huck until Saturday and suddenly people are trying to convince people to vote Pawlenty, Bachman, etc. when we all have MONTHS to decide.

I don't need to decide yet. Origionally Huck wasn't even going to decide until July or August, so I'm not going to look into anyone else until October, which still would give me several months to decide on another candidate.

I agree completely with your point about having ample time before anyone has to pick some other candidate for the GOP 2012 primary. I'd encourage everyone to be very cautious not to "rebound" to a quick choice simply as a means of helping them handle their disappointment at Huck bowing out of the 2012 race.

But I don't really think folks here are "abandoning" Huckabee. He himself has said that his answer to running is NO for "this year." Could things change? Sure. Many still hope so by some device or twist of fate or Providence. But Hope and Change is a thin strategy. I understand that the good folks here have taken Huckabee at his word, as they always have. His word was no.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 5 All-in-for-Mike, goalieman, GrannyT, justgrace, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
jrebe wrote:
charleslawlesss wrote:

Just my feeling.

I don't fault anyone for "trying out" another candidate quickly. Different people grieve in different ways. But I do totally agree that I will not be deciding on another candidate any time soon. October sounds about right.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
I don't think it's that folks are abandoning Gov Huckabee so much as taking him at his word when he says, "I'm not running."

We shouldn't pretend as if he's still undecided. He said he's not running to the entire country in a deliberate, planned manner.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Did anyone else catch this, because this made me a little bit mad :x

"The little piece we did at the end was kinda fun."

That statement was in regards to the Donald Trump stunt.

I don't know about y'all, but that was awful inconsiderate to put that there. Huckabee had to of known that many of his supporters would be devastated, and then to add that was almost like a punch to the gut.

I am not happy about that.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:07 pm 

Liked: 57
I don't think Huckabee knew of Trump's videos. Huckabee told his producer his decision and she put the tape in.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
ConservTexan wrote:

I don't know about y'all, but that was awful inconsiderate to put that there. Huckabee had to of known that many of his supporters would be devastated, and then to add that was almost like a punch to the gut.

I haven't been on the boards (been out of town) so I don't know how much this has been discussed, but I just need to vent this out.

I felt the same way. First of all, the way the announcement narrative was going I was sure he was leading up to saying he was going to run. I was laughing out loud I was so happy. The shock of the conclusion was made worse by the way it was slightly misleading.

The Trump clip at the end was really strange. At one point I was thinking, "What on earth? Is this an implicit endorsement of Trump?" That's almost how it seemed. The best candidate had just said he won't run and then the worst candidate comes on abruptly. I guess it was more for the general audience than the base (us). Now that Trump has dropped out I feel better about it.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere has received Likes: 2 QuoVadisAnima, sandra

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 4
Texan4Huckabee wrote:
I don't think Huckabee knew of Trump's videos. Huckabee told his producer his decision and she put the tape in.

Why? For what purpose? If it's to have a little fun, like he suggested, then I don't think it was a wise move. Actually, I think the whole hour stuff wasn't a wise move from the beginning.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:25 pm 

Liked: 57
Like I said I don't think Huck knew of the videos until it played. Only his producer knew of the videos IMO.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 4
IowaforHuckabee wrote:

LOL. That would have been the dumbest question he could have asked. How could you ask a guy who was virtually leading in all the polls for the nomination if he would settle for VP. Actually, if Mike said he was open to it then I would find it very hard to accept his reasons for not running.

Look guys, I know we are all trying to make sense of this; but at this point we just have to let it be. For Mike, this was a very personal and spiritual decision and there is probably nothing we can do or say to persuade him. I accept his personal decision and he said he will support the nominee, whomever it would be since they would be a great upgrade from Obama

Post by tdavisjr has received Likes: 2 jrebe, justgrace

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:38 pm 
** General

ConservTexan wrote:

Huckabee said that?? The Trump segment was so hurtful and if Huckabee knew that was going to be played after telling us he wasn't going to run then I am very disappointed in Huckabee.