Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: User Watch List
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:22 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
Brett, I think you handled it fine. Several mods spoke to the issue so it's not as if you were the only one and didn't know what any of us thought. I personally have no concerns with the actions you have taken or anything you have written.

I think it is generally a good rule to make sure to get feedback from other mods/admins before acting, but that isn't always possible because sometimes issues need to be addressed quickly. I would add that you have been a mod for some time and have shown yourself to act reasonably and according to the rules and tenor of HA, so we trust your judgment. Plus, if we had to, we could unlock the thread and post further if there were a reason to do so (which I don't think there is in this case).

I.e., It's all good!! :lol:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:34 am 

Liked: 152
All-in-for-Mike went off the deep end. I split the topic and moved the comment to the members only forum. Should it be retitled and archived :?: I had trouble with my computer and couldn't see who reported the comment or whether or not someone sent any kind of warning to All-in-for-Mike.

I have had some very heated discussions with Shelby and other obnoxious Romney supporters before that led to me being banned from Hannity's forum forever. They kept asking the same question that I answered several different times that I finally asked them if they were mentally challenged. They reported me and I was banned. Challenging Romney supporters on several different blog sites is totally taboo. I haven't been back to them since 2008.

Edit: Now I can see that Brett was the one who reported it. Can non mods see a post after it has been reported?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:54 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
GrannyT wrote:
All-in-for-Mike went off the deep end. I split the topic and moved the comment to the members only forum. Should it be retitled and archived :?: I had trouble with my computer and couldn't see who reported the comment or whether or not someone sent any kind of warning to All-in-for-Mike.

I have had some very heated discussions with Shelby and other obnoxious Romney supporters before that led to me being banned from Hannity's forum forever. They kept asking the same question that I answered several different times that I finally asked them if they were mentally challenged. They reported me and I was banned. Challenging Romney supporters on several different blog sites is totally taboo. I haven't been back to them since 2008.

Edit: Now I can see that Brett was the one who reported it. Can non mods see a post after it has been reported?

Yes I reported it. I wasn't sure how to handle it, so I just reported the post seeing that there were some mods online at the time. But yes that post clearly stepped over the line in personal attacks on both Romney and a Romney supporter. I did not send a PM because I was waiting to see what you all thought the course of action should be. Should it be just a PM saying to chill out, a formal warning, or a temporary banning to cool off?

EDIT: I just refreshed and AIFM just posted this comment on the same thread:

Quote:
A short while ago, I posted a nasty remark about another candidate. Just want to thank the Mods for doing their job!
LOL

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:11 pm 
***** General

All-in-for-Mike has been a solid poster here for a long time. I don't think this is ban-worthy, but it might be nice to send him/her a PM just letting him/her know understand the frustration and the need to vent, and we're happy to do our jobs and make sure we stick to vertical politics without overreacting every time someone crosses the line, but that we don't want to see this become a pattern.

I'd send the PM but I've really got to go get some things done right now.

Just my two cents!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Wow, I am impressed with your moderator talents GrannyT. I would not have known how to cut out just that comment and move it.

I am going to delete it all together. No sense in keeping it. All in for Mike has already said he was glad it was removed.

I'll send him the pm.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:28 pm 
***** General

Thanks ConservTexan, good teamwork everybody!

As moderators I think this is a very crucial time to make sure that emotions don't run too high and things don't get out of control.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:58 pm 

I sent this PM to All-in-for-Mike

Quote:
I split the topic, moved it to the member only forum and locked it. I feel your pain :!: I have had some very heated discussions with Shelby and other obnoxious Romney supporters before that led to me being banned from Hannity's forum forever. They kept asking the same question that I answered several different times that I finally asked them if they were mentally challenged. They reported me and I was banned. Challenging Romney supporters on several different blog sites is totally taboo. I haven't been back to them since 2008.

I do not "hate" Romney but his supporters have turned me off to him so much it will be very very hard for me to vote for him if he wins the nomination!!! I wish I were more like Christ.

To which I received this reply:
Quote:
Thank you, Granny T.

I am just devastated and really struggling.

If I were able to edit my post about stupid Romney, I forgot to add that I hate the way he deceitfully changes his stupid positions every time he tries to run for another office.

And then I sent this:
Quote:
If you find Shelby posting and are allowed to comment to his/her post; maybe you should ask if Shelby is being paid by the Obama administration to turn people off toward Romney and if so she/he deserves a raise because supporters of other candidates wouldn't be interested to vote for Romney after all the vial things she/he says about their candidates.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:15 pm 

ConservTexan wrote:
Wow, I am impressed with your moderator talents GrannyT. I would not have known how to cut out just that comment and move it.

I am going to delete it all together. No sense in keeping it. All in for Mike has already said he was glad it was removed.

I'll send him the pm.

Debbie,
I don't always remember everything that Ken taught us when I was part of an online training when I first became a moderator. Ken also posted tutorials to help with some of the issues we face.

TUTORIAL: Quick-mod Tools:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12605

TUTORIAL: Moderator Control Panel:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12607

TUTORIAL: Mod actions on member posts:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12606

I don't think any of them went into quite as much detail as Ken did when he trained several new mods that were added at the same time during the 2008 primary season. The quick-mod tools doesn't go into detail of some of the other options available by clicking on that link at the bottom of the page. One of the options is to "Split topic" then click "Go" It gives you an option to check the comments you want to move (a tiny little box to the right of the comment) then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Go". It ask if you want to leave a shadow topic and you click "Submit" I then went through the process to move it to the members only forum. I think Ken taught us an easier way to do it all at once; but my memory isn't all that good and I lost my notes from the conference call/training session.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:41 pm 
***** General

Well I just disapproved a message of someone who joined on Saturday: andrew1229649 He said he was sorry about Huckabee and hoped we would look at Ron Paul. (Not those exact words, but something like that, I forgot to copy it down)

Here is how I responded to their message about Ron Paul:

Quote:
Welcome Andrew,

We appreciate your support of Ron Paul.

While Mike Huckabee is no longer in the race, we at HucksArmy are still going to support the principles that Mike Huckabee espoused.

We will all look at other candidates. But now is not the time to solicit for Ron Paul.

And certainly HucksArmy is not the place.

We will seek out the Ron Paul forums if we are interested.

Thank you.

Post by ConservTexan has received Likes: 3 bmk2307, GrannyT, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:01 pm 
***** General

ConservTexan wrote:
Well I just disapproved a message of someone who joined on Saturday: andrew1229649 He said he was sorry about Huckabee and hoped we would look at Ron Paul. (Not those exact words, but something like that, I forgot to copy it down)

Here is how I responded to their message about Ron Paul:

Quote:
Welcome Andrew,

We appreciate your support of Ron Paul.

While Mike Huckabee is no longer in the race, we at HucksArmy are still going to support the principles that Mike Huckabee espoused.

We will all look at other candidates. But now is not the time to solicit for Ron Paul.

And certainly HucksArmy is not the place.

We will seek out the Ron Paul forums if we are interested.

Thank you.

If it's okay with you, I think I might use this wording in the future. Very nice.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
I vote that it is time to stop being tolerant of Jason/Arkansas John and ban him for good.

It has been obvious who he was from the start and the last thing the Army needs now is his cynicism.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:35 pm 
***** General

Southern Doc wrote:
I vote that it is time to stop being tolerant of Jason/Arkansas John and ban him for good.

It has been obvious who he was from the start and the last thing the Army needs now is his cynicism.

I just posted telling him we're about to do that. Maybe we should wait and see how he responds, or maybe we should just give him the axe now. The only value I saw in keeping him around was the fact that at least we won't have to worry about other new members being him under a different name.

If we do ban him, we need to make sure we don't give away the fact that we could see his IP address and knew he was using the same computer he posted from as Jasontcpa. That way if he does try to come back later he might make the same mistake and make our jobs easier on us.

If ya'll want to ban him now, say the word and I'd be happy to do the honors.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:38 pm 
General

Liked: 52
I agree that it might be easier to know who he is by letting him stay around...of course there's nothing that would keep him from restricting his "AJ" name use and creating a new username as well, I suppose.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:06 pm 
***** General

I say ban him. If it takes until page 20 something to show up and talk about Huckabee not running, then he really was not a supporter after all.

I would not mention that we know his ip address though. That way we can keep a look out for it.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:16 pm 

ConservTexan wrote:
I say ban him. If it takes until page 20 something to show up and talk about Huckabee not running, then he really was not a supporter after all.

I would not mention that we know his ip address though. That way we can keep a look out for it.

To make it easier to watch, I'll post it right here:
Quote:
ArkansasJohn
Post subject: Re: THE DECISION (Huckabee Show Discussion Forum)
Unread postPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 am
Sergeant
IP: 67.162.193.28

Liked: 6

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:18 pm 
***** General

ConservTexan wrote:

Alright. That's 3 votes for banning him (me, SD, and Debbie). I say let's get one more mod on board with banning him and I'll drop the hammer. I'll also leave an explanation of our decision in the thread (we became convinced he was Jason), though I won't go into detail in order to avoid tipping him off.

Any other yes votes out there, and anyone still want to make the case for allowing him to stay around before we ban him?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
cschande wrote:
ConservTexan wrote:

Alright. That's 3 votes for banning him (me, SD, and Debbie). I say let's get one more mod on board with banning him and I'll drop the hammer. I'll also leave an explanation of our decision in the thread (we became convinced he was Jason), though I won't go into detail in order to avoid tipping him off.

Any other yes votes out there, and anyone still want to make the case for allowing him to stay around before we ban him?

I just read his most recent posts. He's showing his true colors, and he's clearly not a Huckabee supporter. I say it's time for him to go.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:52 pm 
***** General

Alright. I'll ban him and leave a note in the thread that he'll be free to read as a non-member. Others will also be able read it so they'll know we don't just go around banning people without good reason.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:58 pm 
***** General

Yup agreed. Thanks to GrannyT for taking down that information. I really would have liked to have seen his response though. I imagine it would have looked something like this:

:shock:______________Image ______________ :killthepc ______________ :balling

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:18 pm 
***** General

Alright, we need to make a decision about mantei. Are we ready to start letting new users who've just signed up start posting about their preferred candidates?

I feel like if we're going to start doing that we need to edit the forum guidelines first.

I don't know about ya'll, but that's not a task I really have the time or the energy to tackle right now, but I feel like it's only fair that if we start letting users like mantei post about Cain we should let new users post about Paul, too, and we're going to need some specific guidelines in place before we start doing that.

Anyone up for tackling this challenge?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next