Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 13
GAVoter4Huck wrote:
WinningGuy wrote:
I guess it's Herman Cain for me now. I hope he get's Huck's endorsement.

Herman Cain???? You've got to be joking right. If he ends up as the Republican nominee, I will tell you now I will vote for Obama.

Huh? You really must despise Herman Cain. I'd rather open the phone book put my finger down on the page and vote for whomever than Obama.

Post by VertiCon Liked by: QuoVadisAnima
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:02 pm 
***** General

lrobb wrote:
Huckabee correctly estimated Obama had the better chance of winning re-election based on all the polls and historical precedent.

Obama is easily beatable. The lustre has worn off, for all that glitters is not gold. Sometimes its something like shinola.

2012 will be a referendum. If Obama is re-elected that just proves America is over, because it proves the stupidity of the electorate.
All hangs on the economy (and foreign wars). Lyndon Johnson broke precedent in 1968, as did Ford in 1976, and Bush-41 in 1992.

The question is whether a majority of thinking voters will show up in 2012 --as they did in 2010, or whether a majority of highly-emotional/highly-ignorant voters will show up as they did in 2008.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:09 pm 
***** General

christopher.wilkerson wrote:
Also, why the early endorsement for Haridopolos for Senate?
Haridopolos gave Huckabee an early endorsement in 2008.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
ValuesVoter,

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure comparing Republicans-who-aren't-Huckabee to Nixon is fair.

First of all, back then the Democrat party was probably the more pro-life party of the two. As Richard John Neuhaus said (in other words), in the '60s if you'd have told him the GOP would become the party for unborn rights and the Democrats the party of death, he'd of told you you were crazy.

Since pro-life became a plank of the party we've had some bad nominees, but those are more the exception. One way to ensure muddle-headed judges is to let the Democrats win.

I'm watching Huckabee on Hannity now and he's talking about working hard to get 60 R's in the senate, get more R's in Gov Mansions, get an R in the WH: in fact re. the GOP presidential field he said, "Any one of them would be better than Barack Obama." He's absolutely right.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: goalieman

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:13 pm 
***** General

goalieman wrote:
aricle wrote:
I have a feeling that God has something more important for him in the future. I don't know what that could possibly be, but an event like this has to make one wonder.

Beck's time slot on Fox. :wink:

I think that is a high possibility (if Huck didn't run). I have thought it ever since I heard Beck was leaving.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:25 pm 
***** General

TheWatcher wrote:
Dare I say...what about supporting Ron Paul?

Besides any problems on the issues (and possible racially insensitive background) -- the cold hard facts are he is too old, and too shrill. But, I think he adds to the the debate.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:08 pm 
***** General

Miserere wrote:
ValuesVoter,

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure comparing Republicans-who-aren't-Huckabee to Nixon is fair.

First of all, back then the Democrat party was probably the more pro-life party of the two. As Richard John Neuhaus said (in other words), in the '60s if you'd have told him the GOP would become the party for unborn rights and the Democrats the party of death, he'd of told you you were crazy.

Since pro-life became a plank of the party we've had some bad nominees, but those are more the exception. One way to ensure muddle-headed judges is to let the Democrats win.

I'm watching Huckabee on Hannity now and he's talking about working hard to get 60 R's in the senate, get more R's in Gov Mansions, get an R in the WH: in fact re. the GOP presidential field he said, "Any one of them would be better than Barack Obama." He's absolutely right.

Excellent points. Before Reagan, cultural conservtives were a minority in the Republican party. The Republican party was something like an extenstion of the Business Roundtable in the east, and Rotary clubs in the midwest.

Post by VertiCon has received Likes: 2 QuoVadisAnima, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:04 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
VertiCon wrote:
Huh? You really must despise Herman Cain. I'd rather open the phone book put my finger down on the page and vote for whomever than Obama.

:floor That's exactly how I feel!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 am 
***** General

GAVoter4Huck wrote:
...I will tell you now I will vote for Obama.
Besides, those who vote for Obama in 2012 are committed leftists, or (proving the English proverb) fools.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" -- English proverb, and ready-made 2012 campaign slogan.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:36 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
Miserere wrote:
ValuesVoter,

Good point - and that wasn't really what I was trying to do (I warned I was thinking out loud :) ).

I guess my point is that sometimes, picking a guy who doesn't have true convictions and firm character (like Nixon in my opinion) but who is viewed to be better than the other guy (like Humphrey) doesn't work out well. Sometimes, the end result is no better, and, as someone else pointed out, bad things can also happen when political parties learn that people are willing to settle.

Anyway, as I said earlier, I hope everyone follows their own convictions and I hope that there is somebody out there that I can vote for in 2012.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:32 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
TVV, there are many things I have thought of saying, but just don't have the energy left for it tonite. As I prepare to shut things down over here, though, I can't help but thinking that Jesus died on the cross between two thieves (my dad would say that's just a synonym for politicians! :lol: ) - and the lesser of the two evils went with Him to paradise that day.

And also that God tells us that He can bring good out of even the greatest evil but 'woe to those by whom it comes'. We cannot enable evil either by commission, like Judas who willingly & actively betrayed Him; nor by omission, like Pilate who washed his hands of the unsavory decision that was placed before him & thereby permitted the death of the innocent by not doing what he could to stop it.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:16 am 
***** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
TVV, there are many things I have thought of saying, but just don't have the energy left for it tonite. As I prepare to shut things down over here, though, I can't help but thinking that Jesus died on the cross between two thieves (my dad would say that's just a synonym for politicians! :lol: ) - and the lesser of the two evils went with Him to paradise that day.

And also that God tells us that He can bring good out of even the greatest evil but 'woe to those by whom it comes'. We cannot enable evil either by commission, like Judas who willingly & actively betrayed Him; nor by omission, like Pilate who washed his hands of the unsavory decision that was placed before him & thereby permitted the death of the innocent by not doing what he could to stop it.

I think it comes back to whether voting in America is about "saying something", or about "doing something". The benefit of voting for Huckabee, and Reagan is one could actually do both.

Ron Paul might be a good illustration. Paulites belive in Ron Paul, and they hold out hope against hope that he could win. I think they are deluded on the second count. And, I suppose people could say that about us, too. But, I don't think the Huckabee campiagn was anything like the Ron Paul Quixotic adventure. And, I think that is a good point of comparison. I support Huckabee firstly because I agree with him. But, I wouldn't support him if I didn't think he could win.

Put another way, if I were certain he would lose I wouldn't support him. So, the point is since governing politics is about doing something, then electoral politics should also be about doing something. A lot of people in the Republican party are looking for the next Reagan. And, I fear that many Huck supporters fell a little too hard into the Huckabee cult of personality. I know I did. He is politically charming. But again, we are in a 230+ year experiment in self-government, and political icons come and go. But, the resposibility of the citizenry remains.

I voted for George H.W. Bush, Bob Dole, George W. Bush and John McCain, not because I was particularly inspired by them as great leaders. But, because I thought they would support and defend the Constitution of the United States (even if imperfectly) and more or less respect the genius of the American economy. I also felt they would hold at bay the growth of the welfare state, and the federal bureaucracy. (I voted for Reagan and Huckabee because they were great leaders, as well as the other reasons I voted for the others just mentioned. And, because they were/are great leaders, I expected more than what I expected from the others. But, what I expected from the others was enough to vote for them.)

I think the whole positing of "a choice between two evils" is either a myth, or a redundancy. If a redundancy, that is because the Bible tells us all men are evil. Therefore, voting for Huckabee is voting for an evil man, because he is a sinner like all of us. But I think its more proper to think of it as a myth. At least, as things currently are.

Its no accident that the Republican party is called by many "the stupid party". But, its also no accident that the Democrat party is called "the evil party". Now, this last description of the Democrats is missleading for my purpose here. I would prefer to describe the Republicans as uncoordinated caretakers of the Constitution, country and economy. I would describe the Democrats as a public menace.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:44 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 1
I would just like to support a party of the People and supporting GMH was a way that I felt that I could have a vote that was almost Anti-GOP Establishment. I guess I now feel like my other options are Ron Paul for now. I am not a rebel in the sense, but I really do not like the dictating power the Old-guard has with the Party. Huckabee was a great candidate and did not seem beholden to the establishment and I am still shocked especially in the "Tea-Party" climate that the Lord would not want him to run. It only means for me that there is another out there or that we are to go the way of other great civilizations and look up for our redemption is near.

Post by JayinCA Liked by: Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:45 am 
Captain

Liked: 26
JayinCA: Amen!! Very well said!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:07 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 6
I don't have much to say. But some how this verse comes to mind.

Quote:
Matthew 19:16-23
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”
17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:17 pm 
General

Liked: 52
ArkansasJohn wrote:

Quote:
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”
17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Is this meant to be helpful to those questioning your true colors and identity here?

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
ArkansasJohn wrote:

Quote:

And your quote brought to mind these verses from Romans 14:

"Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat."

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:26 pm 
Sergeant

Quote:
2 I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
3 Do not put your trust in princes,
in human beings, who cannot save.

4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.
5 Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD their God.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Southern Doc wrote:
ArkansasJohn wrote:

Quote:

And your quote brought to mind these verses from Romans 14:

"Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat."

And this verse:

Quote:
[This matter arose] because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.

- Galatians 2:4

AJ, please know that you were only allowed to stay so that we could keep an eye on you, and that if you take this opportunity to attempt to sow dissension in the ranks as you did the last time before you left, we will not hesitate to do what we could have done long ago and show you the door. We've known who you are for some time now. Please be respectful if you're going to stay, and please go quietly if you're going to go.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:37 pm 
Sergeant

You guys believe in too many conspiracy theories.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next