Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:43 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I am not one of those who would try to speculate on possible motives as to why Huckabee didn't run. I honestly don't believe he made this decision based on what he thought his chances were. I think he really felt he could win, and I agree. I've seen nothing in any data to convince me otherwise. I believe he made this decision for purely spiritual reasons. He believes God has a particular path laid out for him and running for President this cycle is not part of that plan.

I also think there is too much being made of Obama's chances to win. I think a number of candidates could beat him, and if someone can get some momentum going, and the economy continues to be in the shape it is in I could see Obama losing by the same margin he beat McCain by.

Do not look at polling data in head to head matchups with Obama right now. The only ones that might have some validity to them would be where the Republican is well known such as Palin, Romney, Newt. The others could easily make up that distance and be ahead by the end of the Republican convention.

Even if Huckabee likes the nominee, and even if he felt the nominee was going to win; I don't see Huckabee accepting a VP slot. That would be a tremendous demotion from what he is doing now. There is nothing more obscure than the office of Vice President. I'm surprised there are those of you who would wish that on him :D

Post by WalterCan Liked by: QuoVadisAnima
 Profile Send private message