Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:19 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I'm beginning to see the parallels. Weeping prophet, Jeremiah, watching his country of Israel self-destruct for hardness of heart. Huckabee, not just weeping, but gently drawing America from destruction of its foundations. I'm even beginning to see how and why Mike Huckabee may have heard from God in the way he did, regarding answers for his decision to not run for President.

As most of you know, God prompted me to start a Prayer Group for Huckabee thread here on HA some time ago, and we have had many wonderful contributors and visitors. We prayed together before the announcement of whether Huckabee would run. And while we were surprised by God's answer, with Huckabee bowing out of the race for "this year," we should not have been quite so shocked, it seems. You might want to go to that that thread and see just how amazingly God answered these prayers, even though not as we wanted or expected. http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23913

When I went back to read the previous few days of prayers, I saw how we had prayed for God's will in Huckabee's life, not our own will or glory.

And now I am beginning to think God is using Gov. Huckabee in a more prophetic than Presidential role for America. At least now, this is how God can best use him to turn our nation back to its former values and beliefs. Like Jeremiah, the prophet to the last kings of Israel, who saw his declining nation sliding into decay and heading for destruction, Huckabee is sounding the alarm, albeit in a much different way that appeals to modern America. God led him to do the Learn Our History educational series for children (and adults love it too!). Few of us realize that he also has promoted the involvement of pastors in our nation's political arena by co-sponsoring weekend retreats for over 10,000 pastors by now (paid by his organization for pastors). And in a way that few if any popular radio and television personalities can do, Huckabee provides the climate that makes people of every background want to seek for something better for themselves and for this country. They see in his smiles goodness and his genuine affection for all. (Except for bin Laden!)

I am beginning to see the light, of how God will use Mike Huckabee, the man, for the good of America. Perhaps in this position one of the most desperately needed changes--for civility, honesty, and common sense in politics--may be possible. He was a target for tremendous venom, unfairly, of course. (Just as Jeremiah was.) Now that there is a void for Rush, Coulter, Levin, and many Rombots, etc., with no one to hate and attack since the wind has been taken from their sails, positive change may come at least to the tenor of the debate. What will they do now? Perhaps get some sense and wake up. This is no way to win elections or the hearts and minds of people by attacking and ridiculing a good, a wonderful, kind, honest, and intelligent man who actually inspires people like Ronald Reagan did. And who espouses many of the same ideas they do.

I think God was saying, "Enough!"

Maybe America will wake up, starting with evangelical Christians and so-called conservative pundits. Maybe they will see how they drove out the best President for America, before he even had an opportunity to prove that he was.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 jdbrown, Peter
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:33 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 14
justgrace wrote:
And now I am beginning to think God is using Gov. Huckabee in a more prophetic than Presidential role for America. At least now, this is how God can best use him to turn our nation back to its former values and beliefs.

I am beginning to see the light, of how God will use Mike Huckabee, the man, for the good of America. Perhaps in this position one of the most desperately needed changes--for civility, honesty, and common sense in politics--may be possible.

:like