Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:46 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
Donald Trump made no secret to the fact he really liked Mike Huckabee. They have been reporting that he had pre recorded two messages. I think one was in case Mike Huckabee ran, he would of endorsed him.

Only reason I even mention this, Is maybe trump wasnt trying to be mean. I know we were all confused about the Trump recording after the announcement.

If Huck changes his mind I will be back, but I am going to take a break from news, talk radio, and fox for a few weeks. Try to sort out what has taken place.

Hopefully I will chat with some of you again soon.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
charleslawlesss wrote:
Donald Trump made no secret to the fact he really liked Mike Huckabee. They have been reporting that he had pre recorded two messages. I think one was in case Mike Huckabee ran, he would of endorsed him.

Only reason I even mention this, Is maybe trump wasnt trying to be mean. I know we were all confused about the Trump recording after the announcement.

If Huck changes his mind I will be back, but I am going to take a break from news, talk radio, and fox for a few weeks. Try to sort out what has taken place.

That would tend to explain the inexplicable. I hadn't thought of that.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I'll give Huckabee the benefit of the doubt that he believed this was the best way to reach as many supporters as possible in as personal way as possible factoring in the constraints placed on him by his Fox contract.

But Trump did not say that he was sorry to see Mike out of it or anything that would suggest anything more than being the first opportunistic political b%@# (redundant, I know) to not so subtly say "Hey, Huckabee supporters! Vote for me!".

Unless Trump declares he's not running or the content of the alternative recording comes out, I see no reason to believe otherwise & it just sounds like wishful thinking.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
charleslawlesss wrote:

Hope you keep in touch here!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:28 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Quote:
WALLACE: Now, immediately after your statement last night, Donald Trump suddenly appears. It was kind of funny. But could you support him for president?

HUCKABEE: You know, I'm going to support the Republican nominee. I'm a Republican. And unless a person is way out there and is not clear on issues that to me are non-negotiable like the sanctity of life. I believe Donald Trump would be better for America than Barack Obama, because he understands business. Donald Trump has taken a pro- life position. He believes that we're getting shanghaied by China, which I agree with.

By the way, a little insight here. Donald Trump takes two versions of the sort of end of the show -- one that I was running, one that I wasn't. And Donald Trump did not know which one would be used, nor did my executive producer, nor did my staff, right up until the moments before the show when I finally, of course, had to tell them.

WALLACE: Well, that's interesting. It's good they ran the right tape.

FULL TRANSCRIPT: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday/transcript/mike-huckabee-explains-2012-decision-rep-ron-paul-his-presidential-bid-sens-durbin-kyl-ta

Hmm.... I wonder what Trump said in the other version...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:57 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
So Huckabee knew Trump was going to do that? :shock:

Nothing from last makes any sense. scratch

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:09 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist here, but everyone here knows that Huckabee and Trump have met and had sit downs right>? Or at least one sit down in private.

Trump liked Huckabee, alot. Could be something to think about. Im holding out for Huckabee to have a change of heart. Cuase last night my heart said.. NOOOO!!!!!! :)

Post by charleslawlesss Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:11 pm 
***** General

Huckabeliever wrote:
So Huckabee knew Trump was going to do that? :shock:

Nothing from last makes any sense. scratch

Apparently, but that doesn't mean he approved it. He probably had no say so on the matter.

No, last night really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And today I find myself wishing that Pence were running after all... :P

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Pence is also the only other potential candidate I really liked. I wouldn't even be excited by him but I'd feel good voting for him. I feel like someone who has come to the end of a 4 yr. love affair....I am not ready to even begin to think of "replacing" Huckabee....I guess it's good he didn't string us along any more so we can "heal" some before the election really gets rolling.

Post by nrobyar Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 pm 
Major General

Liked: 23
After viewing the Wallace interview this afternoon, it appears that Mike knew and approved Trump playing the "trump" card by ending the TV program. Trump made two clips, one with a yes decision and one with no!! Upon reflection, the Trump comment is what really disappointed me about the manner in which the decision was announced. I do not like or respect this man but obviously Fox News does, he has gotten to be regular on their network. Trump will probably take the slot left by Glenn Beck, both have big egos and love media attention!

Post by sandra Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:21 pm 

Liked: 57
:-( I was hoping that Governor Huckabee would get a daily show.

Post by Texan4Huckabee Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:15 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

He was ready to endorse, no doubt about it... He wanted to drop out right after Huckabee announced... Huckabee was his guy. He said repeatedly he was waiting to see If the guy he wanted announced, that was what he was waiting on to determine if he should consider running....

I think Huckabee already knew the Donald was ready to endorse him. No Doubt about it, Huckabee would of been the only one running 2 weeks into this primary. He had it., all of it. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
sandra wrote:
After viewing the Wallace interview this afternoon, it appears that Mike knew and approved Trump playing the "trump" card by ending the TV program. Trump made two clips, one with a yes decision and one with no!! Upon reflection, the Trump comment is what really disappointed me about the manner in which the decision was announced. I do not like or respect this man but obviously Fox News does, he has gotten to be regular on their network. Trump will probably take the slot left by Glenn Beck, both have big egos and love media attention!

My husband and I have been discussing all of this, including the way Gov. Huckabee announced.

My DH pointed out several things that are true.

1) Huckabee had to have some way of communicating to his supporters.

2) The show was made up of supporters, as usual, although many others, including the curious and the political opponents, came to visit for the announcement.

3) Fox News would have wanted to hype this particular show. I do not think it was that easy for Huckabee.

4) Fox News also wanted to do the build-up for ratings, so Huckabee had to be on Cavuto and O'Reilly. On the latter, neither seemed comfortable.

5) I know for a fact that at the book signing in Wichita there were more than a few fans of his Huckabee show who told Mike that they hoped he would not run for President, because they loved his television show.

6) So he knew he would disappoint some of his supporters either way.

7) It was not necessarily Mike's idea for Trump to come on; his producer probably put that in to fill the space. And Mike (or they) may have felt this was something to lighten what was a difficult decision for Mike. We just do not know.

8 ) Because of the Fox News contract, Huckabee could not let the decision leak out. He had no way to prepare us, although I know he felt for us when he said he would disappoint many. Even his closest advisers and friends had no way of knowing, since he kept his word.

9) Mike left the door open that at some future date he may consider being President. Just not "this year."

10) All along, Mike had said that he would announce one way or another on his Huckabee show. He had a loyalty to them and to us.

Sometimes guys mean really well, but it doesn't come across that way. It's kind of like a young man who wants to ask his girl to marry him and thinks she will be absolutely thrilled when he takes her to his favorite place to pop the question. But she is really scared of horses, and he unknowingly rents a couple of them and they ride out on the trail to a scenic overlook, and she is also afraid of heights. He thinks this is the most special place, with a beautiful view for them to envision a beautiful future. To him it is the perfect spot to ask this most important question. But she says "yes" really quickly, just to get out of there. She is afraid to let him know that this was the dumbest idea of a way to ask her, because after all he meant it so well.

I think we have to forgive Mike for hurting us. He has a kind heart and would not intentionally do that. It was just awkward. But I think if we go back and reconsider his words, we will see that it was probably the best he could do under the circumstances.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 Craig88USC, HuckyinKentucky

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:37 pm 
***** General

After the news of Trump dropping out the next day & Mike saying he was amused by Trump's clips, the possibility that Trump's other clip was going to be an endorsement actually sounds quite plausible - then I could see why it wouldn't occur to him how it might be perceived by his supporters.

At the same time, if Mike had announced he was running, I can't help but think that Trump's endorsement might not have been such a great thing either...

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: Miserere