Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
ArkansasJohn wrote:
You guys believe in too many conspiracy theories.

Just so that everyone knows, ArkansasJohn has been banned from this forum. We have had strong reasons to believe that he's Jason Tolbert for some time. As those of you who've been here for a while will remember, Jason was once a big Huckabee supporter and even became a moderator here at HucksArmy. However, he eventually became disillusioned with Mike (to say the least), and made his feelings known here at HucksArmy in a very inflammatory way before he was eventually forced to leave. He keeps a blog where he continues to post negative articles and comments about Huckabee.

Many of us suspected Jason might try to come back as a different user, so when ArkansasJohn signed up and began posting occasional negative articles and comments the moderators began to investigate the possible link between him and Jason Tolbert. What we found convinced many of us (myself included) that Jason was posting as ArkansasJohn in hopes of stirring up dissension and/or gaining access to information here that he wouldn't otherwise have access to for the purpose of using that information on his blog.

We decided to wait until now to ban Jason mainly just so that it would be easier to keep an eye on him. If Mike ever does decide to run for public office again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jason try to come back under a different username, so I'm not going to detail all of the many ways in which he tipped us off (and there were plenty) so as not to make it more difficult for us to spot him the next time around (if there is a next time). But do know that while we don't take banning users lightly, we have and will continue to do our best to protect the very good thing that we have going here at HucksArmy from those who would seek to undermine it, even now that Mike is out.

For that reason I just wanted to explain our decision to everyone, and I wanted to allow Jason an opportunity to read our explanation of our decision. He has my email address so he can email me if he'd like to respond.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:41 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I too have wondered if it might be Jason. Good Job.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
We need a baseball umpire emoticon giving someone the "you're outta here" gesture! :lol:

Very sad little man Jason must be. But good detective work from the HA admin. team! :like

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:32 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
aricle wrote:
TheValuesVoter wrote:
And, lastly, from a Scriptural standpoint, I do not feel that I am under any obligation to vote for a person whom I do not choose to vote for. Voting is a civil manner that we should take extremely seriously as both citizens of the United States and as God's representatives on earth. However, there is no Scriptural guidance for what we should do if we don't like the candidate choices. My choice is to vote for the best person who meets my personal "must haves."

I agree, and I would add that my "must haves" are based on what is righteous.

I think this is a very difficult subject for many, especially older generations. I reject the premise that voting one way or another affects today and today only. The very reason we have choices today that are mediocre and lacking is because of the voting choices of the past, say, 30 or 40 years.

When we start abandoning voting for our principles, a.k.a. social-conservative issues, the choices we're presented in the next cycle will only be as good as where we set the bar when we voted last. When we continue this pattern, voting for 'the best candidate presented to me even though they violate several of my core principles' will never cause anything to change, but somehow we think it will miraculously. (Look up Einstein's definition of insanity.)

Look at what happened in 2008. The fact that Obama was elected, regardless of whether that was because of the strength on the Dem's side, caused the major event in November 2010. Does anyone really think that 2010 would have happened if McCain would have been elected? Unfortunately, I believe it's going to take several cycles of people like us standing up for our principles, and possibly writing in candidates, to force the political class to change their ways. Otherwise, some of us will always feel like we have to pick the lesser of two poor choices.

This is really difficult to understand when one's frame of view of any election encompasses only a few years, but I'm not suggesting that of anyone here, so please don't misunderstand me.

Just remember that we get the leaders we deserve, and if we choose to abandon our principles, then why should we expect any different from our elected leaders?

And this is why I wrote in Mike Huckabee last time. If the GOP cannot find a candidate that answers the social conservative's need, then we deserve another four years of Obama. Let me quote Atlas Shrugged..."Senor d'Aconia, what do you think is going to happen to the world?"
"Just exactly what it deserves."
"Oh, how cruel!"
"Don't you believe in the operation of the moral law, madame?" Francisco asked gravely. "I do."

If America elects another Obama, she gets what she deserves. That means America is corrupt because her people are corrupt. At least the majority of Americans. So, as to voting...let me quote Mike (and others), "Here I stand, I can do no other." I will not compromise my principles or my one vote, to contribute to the masses when the masses are wrong. I can act, I can voice my opinion and perhaps sway many, but my one single vote is on my conscience. I do not take it lightly. I do not carry the same guilt as those who pulled the lever for Obama. I voted for the best man to fulfill my absolutes and I will do so again, if there is one offered.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
cschande wrote:
ArkansasJohn wrote:
You guys believe in too many conspiracy theories.

Just so that everyone knows, ArkansasJohn has been banned from this forum. We have had strong reasons to believe that he's Jason Tolbert for some time. As those of you who've been here for a while will remember, Jason was once a big Huckabee supporter and even became a moderator here at HucksArmy. However, he eventually became disillusioned with Mike (to say the least), and made his feelings known here at HucksArmy in a very inflammatory way before he was eventually forced to leave. He keeps a blog where he continues to post negative articles and comments about Huckabee.

Many of us suspected Jason might try to come back as a different user, so when ArkansasJohn signed up and began posting occasional negative articles and comments the moderators began to investigate the possible link between him and Jason Tolbert. What we found convinced many of us (myself included) that Jason was posting as ArkansasJohn in hopes of stirring up dissension and/or gaining access to information here that he wouldn't otherwise have access to for the purpose of using that information on his blog.

We decided to wait until now to ban Jason mainly just so that it would be easier to keep an eye on him. If Mike ever does decide to run for public office again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jason try to come back under a different username, so I'm not going to detail all of the many ways in which he tipped us off (and there were plenty) so as not to make it more difficult for us to spot him the next time around (if there is a next time). But do know that while we don't take banning users lightly, we have and will continue to do our best to protect the very good thing that we have going here at HucksArmy from those who would seek to undermine it, even now that Mike is out.

For that reason I just wanted to explain our decision to everyone, and I wanted to allow Jason an opportunity to read our explanation of our decision. He has my email address so he can email me if he'd like to respond.

Glad he is gone. Way to capture the enemy and do away with him. Here is what his buddy Kevin had to say Saturday night on a HA member's facebook wall where everyone else was offering sympathy and support. These guys' true colors are shining and it "ain't" pretty. HA is a bright spot in most of our days, but bitterness brings darkness to even the brightest places.

Quote:
Kevin Tracy: I'm happy! I would have had to end my hiatus from politics to campaign against him to right that wrong in my life four years ago. The universe fixed it for me, which is happy. Truth be told, I knew he wasn't going to run after Thune said he wouldn't run after discussing the idea with Huckabee. That was kind of a red flag about his mind set. It was just another fundraising and attention ploy.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Quote:
If America elects another Obama, she gets what she deserves.

Yes, but do America's children?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:10 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 14
ArkansasJohn's reference to Matthew 19:16-23 concerning Mike really has no foundation. Even though I agree with the premise that Mike likes making the money more than the idea of a long tough campaign. He is not doing what he is doing in spite of the Kingdom of God, but with eager enthusiasm for the work of the Kingdom.

More suitable verses concerning Mike should be:

“Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and in teaching. For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn. And, The laborer is worthy of his hire.” - 1 Timothy 5:17-18

Post by jdbrown Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:57 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
Would have preferred he waited a little while before peddling his new product though......
Calling All Parents And Grandparents!
Give your family the foundation they need to follow in your footsteps and grow up to be proud, responsible Americans
Have you heard? I've just co-founded a new company with a very important mission - to get kids across the USA excited about learning history. In fact, it's called Learn Our History, and it's changing the way kids discover our nation's most important stories.

But WHY did I do it? Because I needed to. I couldn't stand by while schools around the country let their history teachers twist the facts about America's most significant stories for the sake of political correctness. And I couldn't let another day go by while the only way kids are learning something as important as American history is through boring textbooks and dull lectures.

We all know that kids learn through experience, and when that experience is fun and engaging, kids appreciate what they learn that much more. And that's what makes Learn Our History so special. Our very first product is a video series called “Learn Our History: Time Travel Academy.” Using animated videos that kids love, the series tells the tales of the Time Travel Academy, a group of friends who create an incredible time machine that takes them back in time to relive history in the making.

From the earliest stories that led to the birth of America, to the latest events that continue to transform our nation today, your kids will have a front-row seat to see it all!

Watch my special video message here.

When your kids or grandkids get their hands on the Time Travel Academy videos, you'll watch with pride while they're instantly pulled in to learn about the most important stories and people of our nation. Your kids or grandkids will be having so much fun watching the zany characters of the Time Travel Academy, they won't even realize they're learning!

I'd like to invite you to visit our new website now and watch the free sample clips from our videos. And while you're there, why not take advantage of our special offer and give your child the first video in the series, The Reagan Revolution, for the incredible price of only $9.95?

You owe it to the children in your life to give them the best education they can get. And when it comes to learning about American history, it simply doesn't get any better or more fun than Learn Our History.

Sincerely,

Mike Huckabee

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:57 am 
Lieutenant General

steves wrote:
Would have preferred he waited a little while before peddling his new product though......

The fact is, this is Mike’s mission now. There is no reason for him to have any type of delay in his mission. There is nothing wrong with him selling products or being paid to speak at events. This is his opportunity to get his message out on matters of faith and right living.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
jdbrown wrote:
steves wrote:

The fact is, this is Mike’s mission now. There is no reason for him to have any type of delay in his mission. There is nothing wrong with him selling products or being paid to speak at events. This is his opportunity to get his message out on matters of faith and right living.

Leaves a bad taste do get such a message less than 5 days after his announcement which has left so many of his supporters reeling.......just saying. BTW I love the idea behind the DVDs but they don't seem to be getting well reviewed, anybody seen one?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:27 pm 
***** General

While I don't feel quite as cynical about it, I must confess that I was unhappy to see it in my email this morning. I have to wonder if GH realizes just how upset his supporters are?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
On Sunday evening, I posted a message to Gov. Huckabee, inviting him to visit HA and read this comment thread. I posted it on HuckPAC (where it has passed moderation and appeared) and also on the feedback to his TV show. I included a direct link in both places. Wonder if he ever reads these sites any more. He used to, back in the good ole days. He SAYS he reads the show feedback, but I wonder if that job has been relegated to a producer, or (more likely) some other lower-level TV show staffer.

*sigh*

I feel like the old "Prospector" doll on Toy Story II. Previously useful and enjoyed, but now forced into early retirement, put away on the shelf, and not thought about again.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:56 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Quote:

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me." (Ex. 20:5)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:08 pm 
Lieutenant General

I find all the pouting a little amusing. We are supposed to Mike Huckabee supporters, right? I realize that “hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”, but come on folks! Mike didn’t renounce his Christianity. He didn’t decided to become a liberal democrat. He just decided not to run for office this time around. He is still very active. He still needs enthusiastic supporters.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:16 pm 

Liked: 152
Indiana4Huck wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Quote:

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me." (Ex. 20:5)

That same passage came to my mind when I first read the post. When will people realize that our decisions in life will affect our children, grand-children, great-grandchildren, and even our great-great-grandchildren. I am thankful that my forefathers cared and embarrassed that my generation didn't. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:45 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
I have been busier than usual lately and haven't said much here for awhile, but have been following the recent events. All I can say after reading some of this thread is: Keep your chin up everyone. Things are guaranteed to get better, at least for believers (Rom. 8:28).

Disappointment is His appointment. It is through great trials and hardships that we enter the future blessings God has promised. Most of those blessings will not come until we are dead or the Lord returns, but sometimes (really, many times in my experience) God even gives us blessings here and now (along with a good measure of trouble, of course).

Its funny, but Jesus told us to not worry about tomorrow and He gave as one of the reasons that tomorrow would have enough trouble of its own. Now, how is that for a rather strange basis for encouragement?

I am greatly disappointed, but for some reason, I remain hopeful and assured that God knows what He is doing. I am about Huckabee’s age and I have lived long enough to experience my share of disappointment, and sometimes the disappointments seemed to all be heaped one upon another as some of you are experiencing now. But, in time, and looking back, it always seems that God brings His consolation when He says no, and even on several occasions, the end, even in this life’s experience, turned out to be something better than I had hoped for. Really, sometimes things turned out better than what I had expected.

God is good all the time! He is the standard of what is right and what is good. Have faith in Him. He is the only one that can be completely trusted to always do what is best and right. He always keeps His promises.

Post by byourCreator has received Likes: 6 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, HuckyinKentucky, IowaforHuckabee, navyqueen, Southern Doc, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:21 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
I'm not sure if this was the thread in which the fate of HA was being discussed, but I'll put this here nevertheless.

I just wanted to say that I've only been here a couple months, but I really like these forums.

We might not be able to back Huckabee this time, but we're still Huckabee Republicans. So it's natural to have place to e-congregate.

(Beware shameless Harry Potter reference) Dumbledore's Army only formed after Dumbledore was gone from Hogwarts. Perhaps Huck's Army ought to only grow now that Mike's no longer "Headmaster at Hogwarts"... (yeah yeah alright, that didn't really work).

That's my way of saying that it seems more important than ever that there be Huckabee Republicans not only sticking together but being active in the party and politics generally.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 pm 
***** General

Indiana4Huck wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Quote:

Well, this might be appropriate if I had been suggesting that we should cooperate with evil or compromise our principles, but I didn't. I was suggesting that we should save as many lives as we are able to, but I didn't say no matter what we have to say or do to accomplish it - rather I said working with the means available to us.

Quote:
I would ask you to consider the following true story: In Nazi Germany, a teacher of disabled students witnessed from a hidden spot in the woods the SS gathering the retarded & disabled children on to the back of a covered truck where they gassed them & then disposed of the bodies in a mass grave. She was unable to save any of them as they would have killed her, too.

Let's suppose that the situation had been a little different - suppose she had been able to plead to save those children who were at least capable of doing menial jobs arguing that they at least could not be called "unfit" and "useless eaters" as the Nazis liked to say. So while she still could not save them all, she is now able to save at least half of them. Could she be accused of compromising her pro-life principles? After all, she didn't lie and she didn't back down from her convictions. She would simply be recognizing the reality of the situation and using the mindset of the opposition to save as many as she could.

God does not explicitly give us the principles for voting, but like so many things that are not explicit, we still have Biblical principles as a guide. Had the teacher demanded all or nothing, perhaps expecting God to produce a miracle, she would have had to bear at least some responsibility for the deaths of those she could have saved because she could have saved them without denying God or her principles and did not. Surely God would expect her to do what she could rather than hold her responsible for what she couldn't do? Life is full of less than ideal choices. God will hold us responsible for whether or not we did all that we could - not for what we cannot do.

We certainly do need to fight for the candidates that come closest to our ideals, but when it comes down to the finish line - then we must exercise the virtue of prudence at that point. The virtues were given to us by God precisely to help us navigate these situations in life that are not Biblically explicit

The problem, I suppose, stems from that unfortunate choice of words "choosing between the lesser of two evils" as it implies that one is choosing evil either way. That is not the case. It is more accurately a matter of choosing to limit evil rather than allowing it full rein: "Thus far shalt the enemy go but no farther"

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: VertiCon

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I am curious, has anyone seen a response from Chuck Norris? He usually writes a weekly column. Wonder if he wrote anything about Huckabee's decision.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:45 pm 

Liked: 152
ConservTexan wrote:
I am curious, has anyone seen a response from Chuck Norris? He usually writes a weekly column. Wonder if he wrote anything about Huckabee's decision.

His columns are usually posted on Townhall. So, I looked for it and found the link for this week's article, "Loser-Pays Tort Reform" http://townhall.com/columnists/chucknorris/2011/05/17/loser-pays_tort_reform

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17