Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:19 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Maybe Mike will endorse a military veteran.
I'm tired of all the chicken hawks sending our men and women to die, ultimately for the elites and their globalist agenda.. I don't decry those who did not serve, I considered volunteering, but was talked out of it by my brother returning from Nam, as well as my dad who served in the south Pacific in WWII. My uncle who died as a Japanese POW never lived to see me, so I guess he couldn't weigh in. At least I was subject to the draft and would have served if drafted, not seeking multiple deferments like Dick Cheney. The problem with a lot of these candidates is their lack of restraint to put our troops in harm's way for any conceivable reason.
Why not consider the guy who got more donations from the military than all other Presidential candidates combined in 2007. Naw, won't happen. He's not even on the list of potential endorsements.
Mike was the only candidate I could switch my vote for, as a way of keeping out the more power hungry wannabees, if any one of the others get the nomination and I guess I'm voting 3rd party or writing in Paul, guaranteed if he receives the treatment he received from the party last time. The party he has been elected and reelected in multiple times.
West would at least be a veteran, but I'd really have to consider his foreign policy before supporting him.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:25 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 14
I think Mike will avoid endorsing anyone until he has a chance to have each candidate on his show. And, even then, he may not want to endorse anyone to prevent stepping on any toes. Mike will undoubtedly support the subsequent nominee.

Post by jdbrown Liked by: boxerpaws60

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:41 pm 
Private

Liked: 0
Thought you folks might get a kick out of this
THE DEBATE LIBERALS FEAR
(thanks to both you folks for the help)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:05 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
I will never even consider voting for Rick Perry because of the shoddy way he treated Gov. Huckabee in 2008. He tried to get him out of the race, berated him that he didn't have a chance. There is a video of Perry on youtube talking to reporters and he says "who do I want to endorse, that would be Mike Huckabee, who do I think can win it's Guiliani." When a reporter said "you said you'd like to endorse Mike Huckabee, he said I said that??? I meant to say GUiliani. He DID think Huckabee was the best choice, thus the slip of the tongue...I just don't like the guy for that reason...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:07 am 
Private

nrobyar wrote:
I will never even consider voting for Rick Perry because of the shoddy way he treated Gov. Huckabee in 2008. He tried to get him out of the race, berated him that he didn't have a chance. There is a video of Perry on youtube talking to reporters and he says "who do I want to endorse, that would be Mike Huckabee, who do I think can win it's Guiliani." When a reporter said "you said you'd like to endorse Mike Huckabee, he said I said that??? I meant to say GUiliani. He DID think Huckabee was the best choice, thus the slip of the tongue...I just don't like the guy for that reason...

Guiliani was hardly pro life.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:13 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
Pawlenty is on Hannity tonight. He is growing on me. I know he has treated Mike well.

Maybe a Pawlenty/Cain ticket?

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:13 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
juditupp wrote:
Grant wrote:
Pawlenty, I hope. T-Paw may lack charisma, but he's a two term governor (from a blue state), reliably pro-life and pro-family, fiscally conservative, and has stated that the Fair Tax is "a good direction" (I think he can be convinced to support it :wink:).

Thanks for the fair tax info. I was perusing his website and found nothing on that. That's an important factor for me for sure. The fact is, that's what won me over to Huckabee. I was supporting Brownback but when I found out that Huckabee supported the fair tax and I already knew that Brownback didn't so I switched.

I got the info from this web site: http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2011/02/tim-pawlenty-in-iowa-our-country-needs-be-prosperous-and-good-to-continue-to-be-great/

Pawlenty isn't a supporter yet, he supports a flat tax. He has reservations about the Fair Tax, but he has stated that it's "a good direction." If he learns more about the Fair Tax, I think he would consider endorsing it. Someone should send him a Fair Tax book, or he and Huckabee should grab lunch and discuss the Fair Tax. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:17 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I was wondering what happened to the list of 2012 candidates that someone posted back when we were trying to figure out who would be GH's competition. Please help me fill in anybody I've missed:

Running:
Rick Santorum
Tim Pawlenty
Newt Gingrich
Mitt Romney
Herman Cain
Ron Paul
Jon Huntsman

Potential:
Sarah Palin
Michelle Bachmann
Rudy Giuliani
Mitch Daniels
Rick Perry

Out:
Haley Barbour
Donald Trump

Waiting on God:
Mike Huckabee

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson and former Louisiana Gov. Buddy Roemer are also running, I believe. But neither candidate stands much of a chance.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:00 am 
Major

Liked: 34
Maybe the public would consider David Petraeus? He's a popular general and certainly has a lot of experience in leadership. I just wonder what his politics are like. He seems to have followed protocol to a T and kept his mouth shut on politics. The only thing I know is that Moveon.org attacked him a few years back, but everyone else came to Petraeus' defense (R's and D's) and bashed the ad.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I forgot to mention Herman Cain - I noticed that his campaign site doesn't mention any social issues. It's all pretty much ecnomic issues with immigration thrown in for good measure. I have to agree - with GH out of the running, social issues are likely to be pushed to the background now.

I'm just starting to research the other candidates. I cannot vote for anyone who will not stand up for life and biblical marriage. And I don't mean lip service, either. I want someone who has a solid, biblical core and lives out his/her Christian walk in all areas of his/her life. I pretty much know nothing about Herman Cain, so I googled his views on abortion. I was greatly encouraged to read this:
Quote:

Herman Cain Blasts Planned Parenthood, Abortion Biz Attacks Him
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 3/15/11 6:24 PM

During a presentation before a set of conservative bloggers in the nation’s capital today, likely Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, a pro-life businessman, bashed the Planned Parenthood abortion business — which went after him in return.
Cain said he supports revoking the federal taxpayer funding for the abortion business: “I support de-funding Planned Parenthood. “Tactically how [Congress] does it…I can’t tell you.”

The African-American then went further and talked about the racial overtones behind the founding of the abortion business by Margaret Sanger.

“You probably don’t hear a lot of people talking about this,” Cain said. “When Margaret Sanger – check my history – started Planned Parenthood, the objective was to put these centers in primarily black communities so they could help kill black babies before they came into the world.”

“It’s planned genocide. It’s carrying out its original mission,” he said. “I’ve talked to young girls who go in there, and they don’t talk about how you plan parenthood. They don’t talk about adoption as an option. They don’t say, ‘Well, bring your parents in so we can sit down and talk with you, and counsel with you before you make this decision.’”

In a statement to CNN, Veronica Byrd, Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s director of African-American Media, responded to Cain’s comments, saying he is using “inflammatory and divisive language based on race to achieve extreme political goals.”

“Herman Cain is clearly out of the mainstream by supporting an extreme proposal that would bar Planned Parenthood health centers from receiving federal funds for any purpose,’ she said. “The care that Planned Parenthood provides benefits all women, especially African-American women who experience higher rates of illness.”

But black women also experience higher rates of abortions, according to national and state-level statistics.

A February report the Centers for Disease Control issued showed abortions fell in 2007 to their second lowest level in the last 10 years. But, looking at the women from the 25 areas that reported abortions and cross-classified race/ethnicity data for 2007, black women accounted for 34.4% of all abortions despite being less than 20 percent of the national population of women. The CDC found black women had the highest abortion rates (32.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years) and ratios (480 abortions per 1,000 live births).

Still, Bryd cited for CNN a study she claims “found that fewer than one in 10 abortion clinics are located in predominantly African-American neighborhoods” even though new abortion centers Planned Parenthood recently built in Houston, Portland and Chicago are located in the heart of minority communities.

Cain is a businessman who is the first Republican to start an exploratory committee to gauge the potential for running a campaign for the GOP nomination to take on pro-abortion President Barack Obama in 2012. Little known outside of fiscally conservative circles, where he has been a fixture at Tea Party events pushing lower taxes, Cain is a national talk radio show host who resides in Georgia.

In January, Cain also went after Planned Parenthood.

He told American Family Radio’s “Focal Point” program that he is pro-life and opposes the agenda of Planned Parenthood, the nation’s biggest abortion business.

“I absolutely would defund Planned Parenthood — not because I don’t believe in planning parenthood, [but because] Planned Parenthood as an organization is an absolute farce on the American people,” he said.

Cain, who is African-American, accused the abortion business of engaging in a racist agenda. http://www.lifenews.com/2011/01/17/on-m ... -abortion/

“People who know the history of Margaret Sanger, who started Planned Parenthood, they know that the intention was not to help young women who get pregnant to plan their parenthood. No — it was a sham to be able to kill black babies,” he added.

Cain also talked about his pro-life views in general and alluded to judicial appointments.

“I believe that life begins at conception, period. And that means that I will have to see enough evidence that someone I would appoint shares that same view. I believe that the current Supreme Court is leaning too much to the liberal side,” he said. “I’m a Christian, I’ve been a Christian all my life. I’ve been a believer in the Bible since I was 10 years old. I’m very active in my church, and there is no way I would compromise my religious beliefs about the sanctity of life. And so it starts with, will they have demonstrated in their career, in some of their other rulings, if they come from the federal judge bench, whether or not they also share that.”

“Because I believe that the principles that our Founding Fathers cherished, when they founded this country, and wrote the Declaration of Independence which inspired the Constitution, they were based upon biblical principles. I want to get back to those principles as president, if I run and get elected — not rewrite those documents,” he added

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/03/15/herm ... tacks-him/

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:54 am 
Lieutenant General

BTW,Cain defended the TARP bailout

Quote:
I want someone who has a solid, biblical core and lives out his/her Christian walk in all areas of his/her life.

Sounds like the guy I'm voting for.

12 term Congressman endorsed by Ronald Reagan.

Duke medical school graduate.
Delivered over 4000 babies.
Endorsed by Norma McCovey in 2008,

On faith; "I freely confess that Jesus Christ is
my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance
in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms
come not from man, but from God."

Married to his wife for 54 years.
His children include 3 medical doctors and a Senator

USAF Flight Surgeon during the 1960s.
Received more donations from military than
all other Presidential candidates in 2007,
more than all Republican Presidential candidates in 2008.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:54 am 

Liked: 152
As I've told many people across the internet that I decided to support Mike Huckabee because I did numerous voter match quizzes and he always was my closest match. (except for the one by FOXNEWS that had some of his views wrong - but since I had done my research I realized they weren't accurate)

The "About" page at Huck PAC says:

Quote:
Huck PAC will support Republican candidates who are passionate advocates for tax reform, a strong national defense, real border security, life, the family, less government, and individual liberty.

As part of our effort to support strong Republican candidates we have formed Team Huck. Team Huck is a grassroots volunteer organization devoted to helping Huck PAC find, endorse, and elect Republican candidates who share our principles.

I expect Huck to endorse a candidate that "share[s] our principles." I expect him to endorse someone that is pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, pro-gun rights, pro-fairtax, "a strong national defense, real border security," a strong supporter of Israel, etc. I hope he endorses someone that realizes Jihad is a religious war. One of the many reasons I support Mike Huckabee is because of what he said about that subject:

Quote:
…the radical Islamic fascists who have declared war on us do so not from a political perspective but from a theological perspective… When they declare that their sole purpose is the destruction of Israel, the United States and anything that resembles us, let us be clear. They are not interested in detente. They are not interested in some type of peaceful co-existence. They are not just interested; they are solely determined for one and only one thing, and that is not our decline. It is our ultimate and absolute annihilation and destruction.

IMHO the reason God has blessed America for so many years is because of our Biblical founding and values AND because of our support of Israel. Genesis 12:2-3 "And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

If we continue on our path of going against God's "moral values" and quit supporting Israel we will no longer deserve God's blessing. Our 2012 election might be our last chance to turn back to the right direction.

Post by GrannyT Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:27 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
melopa wrote:

He did defend the original TARP bailout. I disagree with him on that, but when it comes to the mathematics and economics of it, he was right.

The actual implementation of it, and the additional bailouts, are something that he was against.

I'm not going to find a perfect candidate, but I believe he's the best choice out there.

Staunchly pro-life. A pastor, like Mike. Very intelligent. Extremely knowledgeable about the needs of business and how business works. A math whiz, that helped to keep Clinton from implementing his socialized medicine plan by destroying him with numbers publicly. An American success story, persevering against real prejudice as he grew up. Definitely the best one currently in the running.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
My biggest hesitations on Cain at this point are no political executive experience (Romney proves that business success is no guarantee of political acumen) & is there enough time for him to be electable at this point? He's an even bigger question mark/ unknown than Huckabee was at this point in the game in 2008's contest.

melopa, Ron Paul does have many, many positive qualities, but he's too old & his foreign policy views would take us from our current extreme to the other which is even more untenable. He'd be better than Obama by far, yes, but he would be about as divisive, IMO.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:33 pm 
Private

Sounds like it will be Herman Cain. :)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/50546.html

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:38 pm 
Lieutenant General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
My biggest hesitations on Cain at this point are no political executive experience (Romney proves that business success is no guarantee of political acumen) & is there enough time for him to be electable at this point? He's an even bigger question mark/ unknown than Huckabee was at this point in the game in 2008's contest.

melopa, Ron Paul does have many, many positive qualities, but he's too old & his foreign policy views would take us from our current extreme to the other which is even more untenable. He'd be better than Obama by far, yes, but he would be about as divisive, IMO.

Cain is pro fed, having chaired the Kansas City fed in the past.
I guess he is still the best choice for the majority here
but I see things a lot differently, threat-wise, hence
my choice would be different.
Sorry if my post seemed too promoting of my view of things.
I'm making my choice according to events as I see and have experienced.
Both men are solid Christians, hence I will support one and many here
will see the other delivering what is needed.
We must follow our hearts and minds evaluating the paradigm as we perceive.
I, like all here would rather have Mike running. As you know I was willing to support him as far as my vote, as he was the best for me of those likely to win.
Now I'm back where I started. God help whomever is elected.
God Bless our country. We may not deserve it, but that's what grace is all about.

Post by melopa Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
melopa wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

Cain is pro fed, having chaired the Kansas City fed in the past.
I guess he is still the best choice for the majority here
but I see things a lot differently, threat-wise, hence
my choice would be different.
Sorry if my post seemed too promoting of my view of things.
I'm making my choice according to events as I see and have experienced.
Both men are solid Christians, hence I will support one and many here
will see the other delivering what is needed.
We must follow our hearts and minds evaluating the paradigm as we perceive.
I, like all here would rather have Mike running. As you know I was willing to support him as far as my vote, as he was the best for me of those likely to win.
Now I'm back where I started. God help whomever is elected.
God Bless our country. We may not deserve it, but that's what grace is all about.

Hey, melopa, I just wanted to let you know that you should feel free to promote Paul and your "view of things." We haven't quite figured out how we're going to alter the forum guidelines yet, so I don't want to open things up to the flood of Paul's supporters who've never posted here before and might be interested in doing so now that Huck's out, but at the very least former genuine Huckabee supporters (like you) who've been posting here at HucksArmy for some time should be allowed to promote and discuss their preferred candidates.

Thanks for being so respectful and biting your tongue for as long as you did, even as others here began discussing other candidates. :D :D

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:48 pm 

Liked: 57
I'll probably support whoever Governor Huckabee endorses.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
If Santorum could demonstrate more electable qualities, then Mike should endorse him. The other night (I think on Hannity), Mike said he "adored" Santorum for his strong socon credentials. That was the highest praise he had for any of the candidates that were mentioned.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:30 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
Quote:

THAT and the complete lack of experience in ANY elected office knocks him out for me.

Plus why didn't Cain endorse Huck last time over Romney? That shows total bad judgement, imho.

I'm leaning slightly towards Michele Bachmann at this point.

This is very impressive to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Bachmann
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Bachmann

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next