Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Posted a few minutes ago on Mike's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mike-huc ... 2542568616
Quote:
Sincere Thanks.

by Mike Huckabee on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 11:57am.

As many of you likely know, I have decided not to run for President of the United States. This was a very difficult decision for me. I knew that whatever the decision, it would greatly affect my immediate family, my Huck PAC family, my friends and my supporters.

This decision was even more difficult to bear because all the factors in the weeks and months past seemed to be lining up perfectly for another run. However, during my prayerful, quiet and reflective moments prior to my announcement I received not only clarity, but also an inexplicable inner peace - a Philippians 4:7 kind of peace that "passes all understanding."

There is nothing I love more than being out on the campaign trial and getting to know your stories; your hardships, your triumphs, your hopes and dreams - after all, that's what makes this country great. But I know that under the best of circumstances, being President is a job that takes one to the limit of human capacity. For me, it is unthinkable to seek that position without an inner confidence that I would be undertaking it with God's full blessing.

I can't know or predict the future, but I know for now my answer is clear and firm.

Following this decision, we should turn our sights to Huck PAC and it's exponential growth in the coming months. We must grow our ranks and remain vigilant, working together to shape national policy, help elect good conservative Republicans to all levels of government and mobilize to shed light on a White House that seems bent on keeping this country on the wrong path.

Together, standing firm, with one voice, we can affect the positive changes this nation needs. We've done it for the past two years and we can do it for many years to come. And with that in mind today, I am rededicating myself to fighting for and communicating the principles of common sense, Constitutional government, and civil discourse that I believe are critical to the survival of our great Republic.

In the past, I've counted on you to support these important political efforts. As this new chapter begins in our lives, I hope and pray we can continue to do the same, together.

There will be much more to follow in the days ahead. God bless you all.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:32 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:

Quote:
Sincere Thanks.

As many of you likely know, I have decided not to run for President of the United States. This was a very difficult decision for me. I knew that whatever the decision, it would greatly affect my immediate family, my Huck PAC family, my friends and my supporters.

This decision was even more difficult to bear because all the factors in the weeks and months past seemed to be lining up perfectly for another run. However, during my prayerful, quiet and reflective moments prior to my announcement I received not only clarity, but also an inexplicable inner peace - a Philippians 4:7 kind of peace that "passes all understanding."

There is nothing I love more than being out on the campaign trial and getting to know your stories; your hardships, your triumphs, your hopes and dreams - after all, that's what makes this country great. But I know that under the best of circumstances, being President is a job that takes one to the limit of human capacity. For me, it is unthinkable to seek that position without an inner confidence that I would be undertaking it with God's full blessing.

I can't know or predict the future, but I know for now my answer is clear and firm.

Following this decision, we should turn our sights to Huck PAC and it's exponential growth in the coming months. We must grow our ranks and remain vigilant, working together to shape national policy, help elect good conservative Republicans to all levels of government and mobilize to shed light on a White House that seems bent on keeping this country on the wrong path.

Together, standing firm, with one voice, we can affect the positive changes this nation needs. We've done it for the past two years and we can do it for many years to come. And with that in mind today, I am rededicating myself to fighting for and communicating the principles of common sense, Constitutional government, and civil discourse that I believe are critical to the survival of our great Republic.

In the past, I've counted on you to support these important political efforts. As this new chapter begins in our lives, I hope and pray we can continue to do the same, together.

Thats very nice, I dont think I will be donating to Huck Pac any longer though. I will be donating directly to candidates that I support. I noticed no one has donated to Huck Pac since he announced he wouldnt be running. I am not surprised. I greatly respect Mike Huckabee, and his decision. But the only reason I was supporting his Pac was in hopes it would provide him with political capitol for a 2012 run. I will be here if he changes his mind to run. But im taking a break for a while.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:33 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 14
Amen! It is time for us all to move forward. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I joined Huck PAC in early 2008, several months before coming here to HA. I am eagerly awaiting the changes I hear are coming there. To me one of the greatest things Gov. Huckabee did was to endorse other conservative candidates for office. No other PAC or person's endorsement was more highly sought by conservative candidates in 2010 than Huckabee's. And of 127 candidates he endorsed, over 80% were victorious. That was also the best record among Presidential hopeful's PAC's.

Also, while HuckPAC may have raised less total dollars than Sarah PAC or Romney's PAC, it also gave far more to candidates. According to percentage given to help candidates, Huck's was the best. I know of only two gifts Sarah PAC gave, and one was $10,000 for Lisa Murkowski. That seems impossible, but I am pretty sure that is right. (Murkowski did not admit defeat in the primary and challenged Republican Joe Miller as an Independent write-in, but she now caucuses with the Republicans and kept her committee job). Huckabee endorsed Miller, a true conservative. Murkowski is a RINO with insider political connections (kick-backs, etc.), and Sarah claimed to support Miller.

We are hearing a little about HuckPAC really coming out strong with new goals. Hope everyone sticks around. Governor Huckabee has so much he plans to do to help conservatives gain the governorships, regain the Senate, and help conservatives take the new House seats. This is as important as getting a conservative President.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:54 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
I believe the donation ticker was just reset when this thank you was posted on Huck PAC.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
charleslawlesss wrote:
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:

Quote:
Sincere Thanks.

Thats very nice, I dont think I will be donating to Huck Pac any longer though. I will be donating directly to candidates that I support. I noticed no one has donated to Huck Pac since he announced he wouldnt be running. I am not surprised. I greatly respect Mike Huckabee, and his decision. But the only reason I was supporting his Pac was in hopes it would provide him with political capitol for a 2012 run. I will be here if he changes his mind to run. But im taking a break for a while.

Charles - you will be missed here at HA. Thank you for your wonderful videos, and for caring about GMH and about us.

I am probably looking at a break for a bit, too, although I know I'll be back, whether or not Mike announces. I need to focus on getting our household more organized and catch up on our homeschooling (we were sick for almost 3 months this year).

I say all this with tongue-in-cheek, since I know how hard it is to break addictions, and this is a strong one!

EDIT: I know - - I'll start tomorrow!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:32 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
I am probably looking at a break for a bit, too, although I know I'll be back, whether or not Mike announces. I need to focus on getting our household more organized and catch up on our homeschooling (we were sick for almost 3 months this year).

I say all this with tongue-in-cheek, since I know how hard it is to break addictions, and this is a strong one!

EDIT: I know - - I'll start tomorrow!

What's Not...you took the words right out of my mouth!! I, too, need to pull back and get my life back together. As a total Huck-a-holic, I was tending to neglect my family a bit, stay up too late (note the time of most of my posts), and spend too much time & energy on my two addictions, Huckabee and politics. I did this because, for me, I considered my work promoting of Mike Huckabee to be my pro-life ministry. During the day I'm not available to be a phone counselor or crisis pregnancy counselor. But I had hoped to elect a pro-life champion. I have another candidate in mind, that I'll keep my eye on. But it won't be nearly the same.

I, too, said, "I need to cut back" -- and yet I've been back here every night this week (and sometimes more than once a day!!).

I'm sorry to hear y'all have been sick. Hope all is better now.

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:57 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Dittos on the need to cut back. I promised myself that I would wait till I'd had the chance to deal with what has happened & being here with you all has helped. I'm not leaving, but I need to go back to checking in no more than once a day max.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:52 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Dittos on the need to cut back. I promised myself that I would wait till I'd had the chance to deal with what has happened & being here with you all has helped. I'm not leaving, but I need to go back to checking in no more than once a day max.

I had to go cold turkey for almost a year since my life got too busy.

When Glenn Beck made his stupid comments a month ago and Huck responded I "knew" the campaign had begun and fell off the wagon.

Now I am hooked again on a "bottle" that just got taken away. :balling

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
Two things:

1). I know Mike titled his message "Many Thanks," but for me personally, it felt a lot more like, "Thanks, folks, and could you please keep donating, and also please buy my videos. I'm doing great, please keep helping me."

2). See the new thread started today by SouthernDoc for "HAA -- Hucks Army Anonymous," where Huck-a-holics can gather for their 12-step addiction to HA.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:43 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
On the private forum on facebook "Mike Huckabee for President 2012" their has been some unusually hard criticism against Mike Huckabee from his former supporters.

I was very blessed to know that Janet Huckabee has taken the time to read the comments good and bad this was her response to our moderator Shelley.

Thank you Shelley. Some of it has been hurtful. Let me say that I have read all of this group's comments and am at times amazed. This was one of the most difficult decisions I have seen Mike go through. I too was encouraging him to run, but at the end of the day he has to put his name on the line and his head on the pillow at night and feel it is the right way to go. No we don't all understand it but we have been married 37 years next week and I can count on one hand how many times he has been wrong. I so appreciate all of you for your support, and trust you will remain prayerful for us both. Sometimes God says now, not now and sometimes not ever but still I know God hasn't made any mistakes. Hated to speak but wanted to say thank you.
Janet :)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:15 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 14
dadof5 wrote:
On the private forum on facebook "Mike Huckabee for President 2012" their has been some unusually hard criticism against Mike Huckabee from his former supporters.

I was very blessed to know that Janet Huckabee has taken the time to read the comments good and bad this was her response to our moderator Shelley.

Thank you Shelley. Some of it has been hurtful. Let me say that I have read all of this group's comments and am at times amazed. This was one of the most difficult decisions I have seen Mike go through. I too was encouraging him to run, but at the end of the day he has to put his name on the line and his head on the pillow at night and feel it is the right way to go. No we don't all understand it but we have been married 37 years next week and I can count on one hand how many times he has been wrong. I so appreciate all of you for your support, and trust you will remain prayerful for us both. Sometimes God says now, not now and sometimes not ever but still I know God hasn't made any mistakes. Hated to speak but wanted to say thank you.

It's during the tough times that you discover who your true friends and supporters are. :roll:

Post by jdbrown Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:21 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
I am, like everyone else, very dissappointed that Huck did not choose to run (so far). But, I think that the anger toward him is uncalled for.

What would people rather have? A candidate, like Huck, who comes out and says that he isn't running and decides to stay out? Or a candidate like Fred Thompson 2007-08, who says that he is running, even though he really doesn't want to? Would people prefer that Huck did like Thompson and half-campaign until he drops out after taking valuable time, money and support from other candidates?

Also, since he is not running, does that mean he should go into exile? He doesn't cease to exist just because he's not doing what we all really wish he would do.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:03 am 
Private

Liked: 15
We are a few days removed now from the big news and thought I would offer this...

I was always convinced Gov. Huckabee was going to run for President. I have been fairly convinced now for several months that he personally did not want to. He forsees something that I am wary of, a GOP that eats its own and demands total obedience to a narrow ideology no matter how impractical such a platform would be not only in terms of electability but in actually implementing in real governing. Gov. Huckabee's sense of duty to his country and his character pushed him toward a run, a run that I have no doubt he would have made, despite his personal hesitations, had he felt peace from God about it. He did not feel that peace and made the commendable decision to follow God's lead and serves as an example to stick to your convictions even when you know they are going to alienate many of your supporters.

Talk radio, the establishment, and so-called conservatives were going to give Gov. Huckabee the fight of his life if he chose to run and all hope that they would have a change of heart should have been erased from any rational person's mind as the political conversation really picked up in earnest this year. I respect Gov. Huckabee's decision and more importantly the man himself. What he did was admirable, disappointment aside. There is a cause to fight for, and a banner here under which to fight for them. And fight I will.

Post by ADB Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:57 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
jdbrown wrote:
dadof5 wrote:

It's during the tough times that you discover who your true friends and supporters are. :roll:

I want us to keep this comment by Mike Huckabee's wife, Janet, where we can refer to it again. What an accolade from the one who knows Huckabee best--his wife! I would love to see an interview of her.

And to hear her say that in 37 years of marriage she has only known him to be wrong a few times is quite the praise. It is reassuring to us to remember that, now. There are very few things that I would criticize about Huckabee, and his views so often coincide with mine that occasionally I will think he read something I wrote here. Now that's funny. :roll:

But I do agree that Shelley (and others here) are to be admired and thanked for their faithful support.

Post by justgrace Liked by: All-in-for-Mike