Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:02 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
http://www.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=Blog ... og_id=3473

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
The problem with Mike's statement is that Obama didn't "suggest[] borders of Israel go back to pre-1967 borders," though that's the way the AP had been reporting it.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:07 pm 
Captain

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110519/ap_ ... stinians_1

Please explain the confusion.....where does Obama stand on this?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:09 pm 
Captain

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05 ... st-speech/

here is the full text of Obama's speech

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:10 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
dadof5 wrote:
http://www.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=3473

I'll tell you what. The Pres keeps on this course, there is trouble a brewing.

If there is something that was intentionally intended to provoke Israel, then this was it.

I will say, there is no Republican more qualified to speak to this issue than Michael Dale Huckabee.

cschande

This is a direct quote from Obama's Speech

"The United States believes that negotiations should result in two states, with permanent Palestinian borders with Israel, Jordan, and Egypt, and permanent Israeli borders with Palestine. The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05 ... z1Mp6BsVTd

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:14 pm 
Captain

The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states. The Palestinian people must have the right to govern themselves, and reach their potential, in a sovereign and contiguous state.

........Stand up for Israel......

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
dadof5 wrote:
The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states. The Palestinian people must have the right to govern themselves, and reach their potential, in a sovereign and contiguous state.

He said "1967 lines," not "pre-1967 lines," that's all I was saying. I don't know enough about the history of US calls for peace between Israel and Palestine to be able to make an educated comment as to what kind of a shift in policy his statements represent.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
He would make a great Prez. :balling

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Netanyahu responds:

Quote:
Reacting to Obama's speech, Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a full withdrawal from the West Bank, saying the 1967 lines were "indefensible" and would leave major Jewish settlements outside Israel. Netanyahu rejects any pullout from east Jerusalem.

Netanyahu heads to the White House on Friday and said he would seek clarifications.

You can read the full AP article here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110519/ap_ ... 55YWh1MTk2

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 pm 
***** General

Hmmm, I wonder how Danny Danon feels knowing Huckabee is not running...

Quote:
Knesset members on the Right expressed outrage on Thursday night at US President Barack Obama’s call for the creation of a Palestinian state based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps in an exchange of territory for security.

They called upon Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to reject Obama’s plan when he meets with him on Friday in Washington.

“Barack Hussein Obama adopted the staged plan for Israel’s destruction of Yasser Arafat, and he is trying to force it on our prime minister,” said Likud MK Danny Danon. “All that was new in the speech was that he called for Israel to return to 1967 borders without solving the crisis. Netanyahu has only one option: To tell Obama forget about it.”

National Union MK Michael Ben-Ari also slammed Obama’s speech, calling it “a landmine with pretty wrapping.”

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2 ... ew-arafat/

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:29 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
In the end it appears Isreal may have needed a President Mike Huckabee much worse than America needed a President Mike Huckabee...

(back to my break) :)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:12 pm 
***** General

I was thinking that since Huckabee is not running, he would make one great Ambassador to Israel when the Republicans take over the white house in 2012.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Wonder if any of our current class of candidates has or will comment on this situation? You can bet Romney won't, as his strategy is to just play it safe and hope the rest of the GOP field either fails to gain traction or shoots itself in the foot (e.g. Newt). Huck could've ran with Obama's fumble here if he had..................oh, never mind. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
goalieman wrote:
Wonder if any of our current class of candidates has or will comment on this situation? You can bet Romney won't, as his strategy is to just play it safe and hope the rest of the GOP field either fails to gain traction or shoots itself in the foot (e.g. Newt). Huck could've ran with Obama's fumble here if he had..................oh, never mind. :(

I could see Romney weighing in on this one. I think he's tried to stake himself out as a neocon/hawk on foreign policy as much as anything else, and this is a great opportunity for him to get some attention in that regard.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Here is an article with reactions from several candidates.

Romney said Obama threw Israel under the bus.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_mideast_republicans

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:35 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Yep, we give many times as much foreign aid collectively to Israel's enemies than to Israel.
Then we abuse Israel's sovereignty by using the leverage of that money given to
undermine Israel's security by dictating what she is to do.
At one time or another, all that money becomes a ball and chain.
In the end it makes us more isolated as everyone drooling at our bankrupt table
except, perhaps Israel, really hate us anyway.
It even ends up driving Israel away, when taken to these extremes.
Our insane foreign policy treats the great nation of Israel as a little brat child and not the competent adult that she is.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
bmk2307 wrote:
Here is an article with reactions from several candidates.

Romney said Obama threw Israel under the bus.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_mideast_republicans

Wow, Mitt actually said something brave (or politically calculating..............I'll go with the later). 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:37 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
This is one of the worst foreign policy proposals I have seen from a sitting President in my life-time. It isn't just that the proposal is bad, but the message it sends at this time in history is completely baffling. We've just had Abbas walk away from negotiations and negotiate a deal with Hamas essentially leaving Israel high and dry in the negotiating process. Egypt is moving more toward an Anti-Israel position. And the Prime Minister of Israel is set to visit within 24 hours who we've just blind-sided!

Netanyahu has publicly maintained since he came into office that going back to pre-1967 borders is a non-starter and makes Israel too vulnerable. The Obama administration is well aware of this so to propose this right before he is to visit is a major affront. It sends a message to Hamas and all of Israel's enemies that the U.S. will reward bad behavior and ask Israel to give up their rights just for the sake of mideast political correctness.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:39 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
cschande wrote:
dadof5 wrote:

He said "1967 lines," not "pre-1967 lines," that's all I was saying. I don't know enough about the history of US calls for peace between Israel and Palestine to be able to make an educated comment as to what kind of a shift in policy his statements represent.

I don't know enough about America's policy statements, but yesterday on radio and television I heard Hannity talk about Pres. George Bush's 2004 promise to Israel that we would never make them give up their land. However, Condoleeza Rice seemed to try to make Israel give concessions. I agreed with Hannity on television last night that it is suicidal to make Israel give the West Bank to the terrorists (Hamas and Fatah) and leave only an eight mile wide land bridge between north and south parts of Israel. Hannity also mentioned that every one of the land accessions that Israel has made have been after being attacked by the Egyptians or other Arab states. That includes the 1967 war and those previous and after.

Now, what does Obama mean by saying that Israel would only have one border according to his plan: the one with Palestine (the state he hopes to forcefully make, along with Hamas, Fatah, and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt)? This sounds ominous. And then he says that Palestine will border Egypt, Jordan, and Israel. He hopes Americans are too dumb to know what this means! It would mean that Palestine would also take over the Sinai Peninsula, and the Suez canal, cutting off the most important shipping lanes from Israel. It would mean surrounding her with hostile enemies, dividing her capital city of Jerusalem, giving her most holy sites to the terrorist control. This is for lack of a better word, an evil, evil plan. Obama basically agrees with the terrorists--Israel does not have the right to exist.

We really need to pray for Netanyahu as he comes to America to again plead with this President.

Post by justgrace Liked by: HuckyinKentucky

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:18 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Gov. Huckabee is asking for comments on his FB wall in support of Israel. Please leave one:

https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee

Post by Steadfast Liked by: justgrace