Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vice President Huckabee
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:31 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
Hi Guys,

I know I may be wishful thinking, but I cant help but imagine Mike Huckabee as Vice President for 2012 and President in 2016.

Would he turn down the opportunity? He would add a ton of experience to a potentially inexperienced nominee (Cain for example)

What are your thoughts? Any potential scenarios come to mind?

Let me hear your thoughts :)

Christopher

Post by californiaforhuck Liked by: DFCSTech
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
californiaforhuck wrote:
Hi Guys,

I know I may be wishful thinking, but I cant help but imagine Mike Huckabee as Vice President for 2012 and President in 2016.

Would he turn down the opportunity? He would add a ton of experience to a potentially inexperienced nominee (Cain for example)

What are your thoughts? Any potential scenarios come to mind?

Let me hear your thoughts :)

Christopher

Well, to be veep in 2012 and then President in 2016 he'd have to be rude enough to resign from his party's ticket to challenge the incumbent. :) Unless, of course, you meant that we'll lose in 2012 so he'll be the frontrunner in 2016.

I won't rule it out personally. Maybe this is his path to the White House that Providence has staked out.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:42 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
Exactly what I meant thanks for clarifying :)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
It just wouldn't make any sense to me that Gov. Huckabee would accept a vp spot when he didn't run for president. I mean, if he doesn't believe he is lead to become president, why would he accept a spot that could lead to that?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:23 pm 

Liked: 152
Mike Huckabee said that he doesn't think anyone would choose him as VP. But, he also said the same thing he said in '08 - it's a job no one turns down if offered to them. Some candidates might need Huckabee to help their ticket. There have been a few Romney supporters that have said VP Huckabee could help get more SoCons and evangelicals to accept Romney if he wins the nomination. I wouldn't be shocked to see him added on the VP lists of several candidates.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:49 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 12
Who do you think is most likely to ask him if nominated?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
I doubt that he would accept a VP position. He would overshadow whoever the President is, take a serious pay cut, and probably not be able to really enact his agenda anyway, especially if someone like Romney won. On top of all of that, because of the weak GOP field, there is a big chance that by accepting a VP spot, he could be grabbing a seat on a losing ticket.

The Veep job is extraordinarily important for the continuity of government but entirely unappreciated. Thinking back to the times I've seen Joe Biden sitting stone faced behind President Obama during the State of the Union addresses, I can't help but wonder if he was wishing he was riding on an Amtrak train somewhere. I mean, what do you really have to do with all your time? Fantasy Football?

On the other hand, one fascinating thing I thought about is what would happen if Ron Paul somehow got the nomination and asked Mike to be the Veep. That would be really intruiging and would likely cause a lot of election predictions to need to be recalculated.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:20 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
He might consider it as "God opening the door". He's not anti being President or Vice President. He would prayerfully consider it.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
Talk radio will totally go beserk if someone selects GH for VP.

It would have to be one courageous Presidential Candidate to go up against the Hate Huck Squad: Beck, Limbaugh, and Levin.

Coulter and Malkin have their backs. There is some pure hatred for Huck in these five.

They would probably promote some third party candidate if not run themselves if they thought Huck had a chance to eventually get in the WH.

They still have their guns loaded and ready to fire. :wall

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:17 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
As things stand right now I truly believe that Obama is getting four more years. So far, no one has what it takes to beat him. I'm not even sure Huckabee could have beat him. I guess that shows my low opinion of American voters. I would hate to see Huckabee's influence wasted on a losing ticket. He can make a bigger impact by using his Huckpac to elect lots of conservative Senators. If we can get a veto proof majority we can slow down Obama during his second term.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:36 pm 
Private

Liked: 8
I think the only reason he would be asked is if Romney was nominated. Religious pressure may force him to ask. I don't see any of the other candidates going that route. I personally don't think Mike wanted to do the primary. I think if he could have skipped the primary he would've ran against Obama. So it's possible he may accept the invite if it was offered.

I can't see Cain asking - I think he would ask a national security guy.
Pawlenty - Mike would be perceived as doubling down on the ticket.
Santorum - More doubling down.
Gingrich - Maybe???? Just to offset his personal baggage, but that's two guys from the south.
Palin - I don't see it. I don't see her picking an overt Evangelical (honestly I'm not sure).

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I can see the possibility where Daniels might ask him, though I agree that it is not a high probability.

Does anyone know when Daniels is going to announce his decision?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
beezwax wrote:
Talk radio will totally go beserk if someone selects GH for VP.

It would have to be one courageous Presidential Candidate to go up against the Hate Huck Squad: Beck, Limbaugh, and Levin.

Coulter and Malkin have their backs. There is some pure hatred for Huck in these five.
:wall

Boy, you really nailed it. The Huck Hate Squad.

I had hoped that Ann Coulter would stand down after the time Mike took her to the woodshed on his TV show, but she is someone who just cannot stand to be wrong...nor can she stand to be berated or humiliated.

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
Romney is the one who needs Mike the most, but is the LEAST likely to ask. I think Mitt would rather wear a shirt from the clearance rack at K-mart than admit that he needs Mike for anything. (You can add a sixth member to the Huck Hate Squad.)

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 21
GH's response to Jay Leno regarding the VP slot got me thinking the same thing. If the GOP nominee ends up being Romney, Huntsman, Cain, Christie, Daniels, Paul (I know, HIGHLY unlikely) or Gingrich, I think GH is the clear "front runner" to be the VP pick. He "shores up" such a large bloc of voters, as well as provides the social conservative ground troops.

If GH loses as being the VP on the ticket, his Presidential chances would not be over, unlike if he loses as the Presidential nominee. In fact, he'd be the clear GOP front runner for 2016.

...and the plot thickens.