Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: CNN Poll: Giuliani leads
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:39 pm 
Offline
MODERATOR

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 1017
Likes: 281
Liked: 340
Romney behind Giuliani! Hopefully Giuliani will run to dilute the share of moderates and pro-choice voters. ABR = Anything but Romney

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/27/cnn-poll-gop-2012-field-still-up-in-the-air/

Romney 15
Huckabee*
Giuliani 16
Trump*
Palin 13
Gingrich 8
Paul 12
Cain 10
Bachmann 7
Pawlenty 5

_________________
He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:00 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
German4Huckabee wrote:
Romney behind Giuliani! Hopefully Giuliani will run to dilute the share of moderates and pro-choice voters. ABR = Anything but Romney

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/27/cnn-poll-gop-2012-field-still-up-in-the-air/

Romney 15
Huckabee*
Giuliani 16
Trump*
Palin 13
Gingrich 8
Paul 12
Cain 10
Bachmann 7
Pawlenty 5


:floor

You know we're in a bad spot when Giuliani, the greatest crash and burn nominee of 2008 (setting aside Thompson, maybe), thinks he has a shot of winning. Oh Lord, what have you left us with.

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:13 pm 
Offline
Major

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 321
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
The only polls I trust this early in the game are the ones holding up my tomato plants. P-O-L-E-S


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:23 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Texas
Likes: 554
Liked: 523
:lol: Y'all are cracking me up! Granted there is a tinge of hysteria to the laughter, but it is funny in an excrutiatingly ironic sort of way! :?

My gosh, I never thought I would prefer Guiliani to someone else, but I would actually vote for him over Romney.
:barf

God please send us a leader after your own heart who can unite us & return our country to You before it is too late!
:pray



Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: justgrace
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:38 pm 
Offline
Private

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 2:47 am
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
Why are 2 liberals leading in the polls?!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:01 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 4844
Likes: 1174
Liked: 782
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
:lol: Y'all are cracking me up! Granted there is a tinge of hysteria to the laughter, but it is funny in an excrutiatingly ironic sort of way! :?

My gosh, I never thought I would prefer Guiliani to someone else, but I would actually vote for him over Romney.
:barf

God please send us a leader after your own heart who can unite us & return our country to You before it is too late!
:pray


Amen to that prayer! And 100 "likes" to you!

_________________
Image



Post by justgrace Liked by: janelles
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:51 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
Romney over Rudy? The latter never retracted his pro-choice view did he? I think I'd take a gamble on the fact that Romney sincerely changed his mind (or was lying when he said he was pro-choice originally) over Rudy the unapologetic pro-choicer.

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:29 pm 
Offline
General
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:14 am
Posts: 1202
Location: Dallas, Ga
Likes: 36
Liked: 71
I would vote for Rudy over Romney. With Rudy, what you see is what you get. The abortion issue will have to be decided in the courts. He said he would appoint judges that would interpret the constitution and not appoint activists.

Rudy would make good decisions for our country just like he did in NYC and he is a strong leader. All Rudy needs is for Mike to give him his stamp of approval, make Mike his VP and experience will win a presidency. The two are also very friendly with each other.

With Romney we are currently dealing with version 3.0 but Rudy has never changed.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:50 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:58 am
Posts: 3019
Likes: 0
Liked: 190
I would also vote for Giuliani over Romney and Romney over Palin...


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:11 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Texas
Likes: 554
Liked: 523
Miserere wrote:
Romney over Rudy? The latter never retracted his pro-choice view did he? I think I'd take a gamble on the fact that Romney sincerely changed his mind (or was lying when he said he was pro-choice originally) over Rudy the unapologetic pro-choicer.


In our parish I had to deal with one woman who was leading entertaining Bible studies with heterodox theology, but with her, she was always upfront about what she believed & I could at least reason with her.

(At least I was able to convince her that she was mistaken in teaching people that the reason priests used to lead the Mass with their backs to the congregation was because they thought they were better than them :roll: - I so hate the '60's. For the uninitiated, it is still done in some places & it is because the priest is part of the congregation and faces the Lord in union with them)

There was another who was our DRE at the time who was like nailing jello to the wall - she always would nod her head & act as if she was agreeing with you while doing something totally other (& heterodox) at the same time. She was there less time than the other, but did a lot more damage because so much of it was behind people's backs & it wasn't found out till much later.

So, yes, I would rather have a Guiliani who promises to appoint pro-life judges than trust a Romney who promises to do so. In fact, this is one of the reasons that I would even consider supporting Romney over Palin - because Palin is not just libertarian in most of her views, as well as a guaranteed loss in 2012, but she is also erratic & unpredictable (apparently even to those fairly close to her). At least with Romney, we would have a better chance of getting him to submit to pressure from the GOP leadership.

All of them are very much on my repugnant candidates list, though, and I am begging God that we will not have to make such difficult choices to limit the evil set loose in our country.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:42 am 
Offline
General
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:14 am
Posts: 1202
Location: Dallas, Ga
Likes: 36
Liked: 71
QuoVadisAnima wrote:


So, yes, I would rather have a Guiliani who promises to appoint pro-life judges than trust a Romney who promises to do so. In fact, this is one of the reasons that I would even consider supporting Romney over Palin - because Palin is not just libertarian in most of her views, as well as a guaranteed loss in 2012, but she is also erratic & unpredictable (apparently even to those fairly close to her). At least with Romney, we would have a better chance of getting him to submit to pressure from the GOP leadership.




This assumes Romney would listen to the people's wishes over the republican leaders which of course he would not. I know what you are saying, if it came down to Romney or Palin, I'd have to choose Romney begrudgedly.

I want a politician that uses his own rudder to steer his course. I can respect that even if I do not agree with him or her on every position. Palin and Romney do not meet this test for me. The more I think about Guliani, the more I think I could support him given the current field of candidates. I have great respect for Cain, but at the end of the day, I do think that Cain's lack of elected experience will be too much for him to overcome and beat Obama. I also respect Pawlenty and santorum, but they have not yet excited the masses.

For the time being, I will be watching Guliani to see what he does.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:40 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Miserere wrote:
Romney over Rudy? The latter never retracted his pro-choice view did he? I think I'd take a gamble on the fact that Romney sincerely changed his mind (or was lying when he said he was pro-choice originally) over Rudy the unapologetic pro-choicer.


In our parish I had to deal with one woman who was leading entertaining Bible studies with heterodox theology, but with her, she was always upfront about what she believed & I could at least reason with her.

(At least I was able to convince her that she was mistaken in teaching people that the reason priests used to lead the Mass with their backs to the congregation was because they thought they were better than them :roll: - I so hate the '60's. For the uninitiated, it is still done in some places & it is because the priest is part of the congregation and faces the Lord in union with them)

There was another who was our DRE at the time who was like nailing jello to the wall - she always would nod her head & act as if she was agreeing with you while doing something totally other (& heterodox) at the same time. She was there less time than the other, but did a lot more damage because so much of it was behind people's backs & it wasn't found out till much later.

So, yes, I would rather have a Guiliani who promises to appoint pro-life judges than trust a Romney who promises to do so. In fact, this is one of the reasons that I would even consider supporting Romney over Palin - because Palin is not just libertarian in most of her views, as well as a guaranteed loss in 2012, but she is also erratic & unpredictable (apparently even to those fairly close to her). At least with Romney, we would have a better chance of getting him to submit to pressure from the GOP leadership.

All of them are very much on my repugnant candidates list, though, and I am begging God that we will not have to make such difficult choices to limit the evil set loose in our country.


Well, if Giuliani promised to appoint pro-life judges and sign pro-life legislation, then I'd have to agree with you.

As to the ad orientem, it's my preference, but unfortunately I've never seen it done in the novus ordo. Maybe with the mass retranslations coming in the fall we'll see more priests face east once again. One can hope. :)

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:59 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:21 am
Posts: 2747
Location: Arkansas
Likes: 200
Liked: 653
This whole conversation reminds me of the Kissenger quote regarding the 1980's Iran-Iraq War, "The truly regretable part is that only one can lose."

(actuallly I have a great deal of respect for Rudy, but only as mayor of NY)

_________________
"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY