Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:21 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
http://arkansasnews.com/2011/06/01/huck ... ntial-bid/
Quote:
Huckabee: Door open to 2012 presidential bid
Posted on 01 June 2011

Arkansas News Bureau

LITTLE ROCK — Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says his exit from the 2012 Republican presidential race is not etched in stone.

Appearing today as a guest of the Clinton School of Public Service, the surprise 2008 GOP presidential contender said he did not slam the door shut to running next year when he announced two weeks ago that he had decided against throwing his hat into the ring.

“Everything is still open. I haven’t closed doors. I found long ago that that’s not the smart thing to do,” Huckabee told reporters after a speech at the Clinton presidential library.

But Huckabee acknowledged several factors prompted him to bow out of the 2012 GOP race, not the least of which he said was the difficulty he sees in defeating Democratic President Barack Obama.

He said the key for Republicans next year will be to focus on Obama and not engage in a bruising primary that would leave the eventual GOP nominee badly damaged going into the general election.

Let's pray!! :pray

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:35 pm 

Liked: 340
Wow...!
:pray

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
Someone told me this was regarding a VICE PRESIDENTIAL run. Hmmph.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:41 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Run Mike Run! A-L-L-R-E-A-D-Y
Otherwise we will likely be saddled with a defeat with Fox News Wonder Herman Cain.
Remember, with no primary competition, an army of Obama supporters may change
their registration to make sure the loser Cain gets the nod in the primary.
Only worse thing may be them backing Mitt.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

Post by melopa Liked by: Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Since he was at Clinton's presidential library, I'm gonna have to ask him to define what the word "everything" means when he says, “Everything is still open." Everything depends on what the meaning of the word everything is.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: ColoradoMom4Huckabee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:33 pm 
Major

Liked: 0
What ?!
He was in before he was out, and now he might be in again ???

This is the weirdest run-up to an election ever. Even weirder than LAST time.
And I thought THAT was weird.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
He said he didn't feel like jumping into an empty pool.

The question is, will an empty "pool of candidates" be so shallow that the establishment and talkers look not just for another choice, but for Huck?

And what would it take for him to take the dive?

This statement does indicate he still has his trunks.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 4 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, IowaforHuckabee, justgrace, Steadfast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
Someone told me this was regarding a VICE PRESIDENTIAL run. Hmmph.

Looks like his remarks WERE about a VP run:

Quote:
Echoing Trump, Mike Huckabee leaves his options open, telling reporters he wouldn't close the door on being someone's runningmate.

“Everything is still open. I haven’t closed doors. I found long ago that that’s not the smart thing to do,” said Huckabee.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this item quoted an incorrect report that Huckabee was talking about the presidential race.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... stage.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 92
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/c ... 2XwpgbkujP

A group of Iowans just traveled to attempt to convince Christie to run for President. This trip has gotten a lot of press.

My idea is that a group of Huckabee supporters make a visit to Gov. Huckabee to urge him to reconsider and announce he IS running. Our wishes are just as important and newsworthy as a bunch of Iowans who think they know what is best for the rest of us.

I know where we could find a bunch of awesome people who would make such a Huckabee Trip.

Post by janelles Liked by: Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm 
***** General

At the 1:45 mark he concludes his "why he decided not to run" answer with "It's going to be a brutal process, don't rule anything out for the future." Hmmm...

At the 4:45 mark, again on plans to run, he closes with the following, "I'm not even thinking about changing my mind, right now." Hmmmm....veeerrrryyyy interesting. :D :tinfoil :tinfoil :tinfoil

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/H ... px?rss=315

Quote:
Although he said he has publicly announced he would not seek the nomination, he is flexible.

"I'm not going to put myself in this impossible box and say under no circumstances never, ever, ever. Whether it's next year or four years I can't do that because I don't know," said Huckabee.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:41 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Why is he saying this just a few weeks after saying God didn't want him to run? scratch

edit-I am in no way trying to disrespect Huckabee. I am just very confused. We were all so hurt when he announced he wasn't running and don't want to see it happen again if he tries to start the speculation up again. Just get in or get out please!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:52 pm 
***** General

I think what he is saying is what he has said for a long time:

"IF I'm not going to run into enemy fire to my front and "friendly fire" from the rear, sure...I'll run. But that won't happen. IF that dynamic changed by some strange series of events that no one thinks likely, sure...I'll run."

Perhaps if the GOP and Talkers get scared enough anything is possible.

Also, someone who does believe is the idea of "special providence," whereby God has a specific directed path He wants you to walk, MUST leave open every possibility as they are not the captains of their own path nor do they hold the complete set of Charts. They only know that they will take their bearing from the Morning Star.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: beezwax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:50 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
Drudge just picked it up!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
This is in his May 14th announcement on his show.....

Quote:
I can’t know or predict the future, but I know for now my answer is clear and firm. I will not seek the Republican nomination for President this year.

He likes the words "for now."

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:08 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
Southern Doc wrote:
"IF I'm not going to run into enemy fire to my front and "friendly fire" from the rear, sure...I'll run. But that won't happen. IF that dynamic changed by some strange series of events that no one thinks likely, sure...I'll run."

As much as I can not picture GH as second fiddle it would be a very good political move for the GOP nominee to choose Mike Huckabee for VP.

Hopefully the "friendly fire" would stop and resources could be used to combat the true enemy.

They would have to muzzle Glenn Beck and keep him from promoting some 3rd party Libertarian candidate.

Sean Hannity would not be a problem.

It may prompt Rush Limbaugh to run for office on the TSH ticket. :wink:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
Huckabeliever wrote:
Why is he saying this just a few weeks after saying God didn't want him to run?

I am probably one of the more secularized posters on this site so let me give you my take on this.

The more spiritual a person is the more that person falls back on that dimension for reasoning. Nothing wrong with it. GH may have both a logical and spiritual reason for his decisions but he initially uses the spiritual explanation because that is his comfort zone.

I think he is starting to divulge some of the logic for his decision. :wink:

I personally don't see anything wrong with "why" a person chooses a path in life. As long as that choice doesn't harm another persons life directly (especially mine :wink: ) I am happy with their reasoning.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:40 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
I mentioned this on another thread, but I'll say it again. Does anyone else remember a while back when GH said something about running IF the GOP got behind him? And we said that would take a miracle? Maybe THAT's the miracle we need to pray for (and maybe this is the opening for the GOP leadership to take the ball & run with it!!!)

(Everytime I get my addiction under control something has to go & restart it! :lol: )

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 2 All-in-for-Mike, justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Southern Doc wrote:
He said he didn't feel like jumping into an empty pool.

The question is, will an empty "pool of candidates" be so shallow that the establishment and talkers look not just for another choice, but for Huck?

And what would it take for him to take the dive?

This statement does indicate he still has his trunks.

SD, not only are you a great teacher, you are so funny - not just historical, but hysterical! :lol: .......still has his trunks...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:47 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
We all see it, and I'm sure Mike does also. This year is so weird, anything is possible; so no, he can't rule anything out, anything can happen. He seems to have more faith than most of us do in those that are currently running though; then again, what else is he going to say? He is vertical and polite.

The last President from Hope was out before he was in. Let's Hope that happens again.

Post by IowaforHuckabee has received Likes: 10 Chadballer, Indiana4Huck, janelles, justgrace, navyqueen, ohiorepublican09, Peter, QuoVadisAnima, Southern Doc, Steadfast