Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:12 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Southern Doc wrote:
Also, someone who does believe is the idea of "special providence," whereby God has a specific directed path He wants you to walk, MUST leave open every possibility as they are not the captains of their own path nor do they hold the complete set of Charts. They only know that they will take their bearing from the Morning Star.

I agree with you Southern Doc. Anyone following God must do it on a daily basis. I have been fooled many times thinking I knew exactly what God had planned when he answered my queries only to find out later that, while I was not 'wrong' in discerning His will, His plan became clearer and more defined especially in the sense of timing!

God changes His mind...or at least it seems He does. Perhaps He knows all along when His people will pray and beseech Him to act in particular ways and how He intends to respond. While I can't think of any right now, the Bible has examples of situations where people pleaded with God to intervene, or change His mind or a prior edict.

Wait, how about this one? God's chosen people, the Israelites, spend 400 years of bondage/slavery in Egypt. Then God tells Moses He hears the cries of His people and sends Moses to deliver them. Of course it gets worse for the Israelites in the meantime while God is preparing Pharaoh's heart and Moses' faith. Maybe that is a poor example. How about the King that got 8 more years of life?

Post by Indiana4Huck Liked by: justgrace
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I like things in black and white, gray makes me anxious. So the Huck is in, Huck is out, Huck may get back in, is uncomfortable to me. As someone who was very sad that Huckabee decided not to run, I don't want to get any type of hope up, only to have it be dashed to the ground again.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: Huckabeliever

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
There are three possible answers to prayer:
--Yes
--No
--Not Now

Mike said in his statement that "for now" the answer was no. So I could take that as a "not now."

If God chose to arrange things so that Mike was begged to enter the race because all the other GOP posers were falling apart or shooting their themselves in the foot (Gingrich, Romney) or not running, I can see a scenario where next fall he could enter.

But I'm not holding my breath about it. When he withdrew a few weeks ago, I was devastated and I don't want to get my hopes up again like that.

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I don't think it's gonna happen but I am one that would like to hold out hope that it may because I am really not happy with any of these other candidates. Of course Gov. Huckabee has spoiled us for anyone else...At this point, I don't even plan to vote in the primaries. I WILL vote in the general because that will be a vote against Obama, not for the Republican candidate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
beezwax wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:
Why is he saying this just a few weeks after saying God didn't want him to run?

I am probably one of the more secularized posters on this site so let me give you my take on this.

The more spiritual a person is the more that person falls back on that dimension for reasoning. Nothing wrong with it. GH may have both a logical and spiritual reason for his decisions but he initially uses the spiritual explanation because that is his comfort zone.

I think he is starting to divulge some of the logic for his decision. :wink:

I personally don't see anything wrong with "why" a person chooses a path in life. As long as that choice doesn't harm another persons life directly (especially mine :wink: ) I am happy with their reasoning.

Yeah, but by Huck not running and thus Obama likely getting another 4 years to reek havoc on this nation...........well, we're all getting harmed directly in a big way! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 am 
***** General

Yes, and if Gov. Huckabee feels that 4 more yrs. of Obama is detrimental to the country and all the polls show he is the best one to go up against Obama and everything he said he needed to happen for him to run has happened, I just don't get where he says he is spiritually not lead to run...I mean, he is always talking about how his daughter said "why didn't somebody do something" so, how can he not "be the one to do something" when he has been given the talents/gifts by
GOD. Many people can be tv talk show hosts/pundits but few can be commander in chief...Gov. Huckabee has a great calling, IMO, than to just be a talking head at FOX...True, that is the easier and more lucrative job but it is not important and Gov. Huckabee is capable of great things. I guess we, on here, feel the disappointment more than most because we were all so positive Gov. Huckabee would run and it really crushed us all when he made that announcement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:50 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
I just heard The Judge say on Fox and Friends that he is going to ask Mike Huckabee on his show today if he is going to run for president or not.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:52 am 
Captain

Liked: 29
Indiana4Huck wrote:
Southern Doc wrote:
Also, someone who does believe is the idea of "special providence," whereby God has a specific directed path He wants you to walk, MUST leave open every possibility as they are not the captains of their own path nor do they hold the complete set of Charts. They only know that they will take their bearing from the Morning Star.

I agree with you Southern Doc. Anyone following God must do it on a daily basis. I have been fooled many times thinking I knew exactly what God had planned when he answered my queries only to find out later that, while I was not 'wrong' in discerning His will, His plan became clearer and more defined especially in the sense of timing!

God changes His mind...or at least it seems He does. Perhaps He knows all along when His people will pray and beseech Him to act in particular ways and how He intends to respond. While I can't think of any right now, the Bible has examples of situations where people pleaded with God to intervene, or change His mind or a prior edict.

Wait, how about this one? God's chosen people, the Israelites, spend 400 years of bondage/slavery in Egypt. Then God tells Moses He hears the cries of His people and sends Moses to deliver them. Of course it gets worse for the Israelites in the meantime while God is preparing Pharaoh's heart and Moses' faith. Maybe that is a poor example. How about the King that got 8 more years of life?

That king was Hezekiah. Over thirty years ago my dad was suffering with lymphoma. He prayed that the Lord might spare him like he did Hezekiah. The Lord instead decided Dad was to be spared all of the heartaches in this life, and He took Dad to be with Him where there will be no tears. It is good that we pray, and then it is wonderful that the Lord who knows all will answer, not the way we think He should, but the way He, in His wisdom, knows is best. I have prayed that the Lord will give our country a capable leader like Mike Huckabee; I am confident that He will answer as He knows best for us. Wow, the pressure is off! :D But my puny mind still wants it the way I think is best. scratch

Post by maryjthom has received Likes: 2 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:45 am 

Liked: 152
I hope God leads Gov. Huckabee to run; but unfortunately I have spent most of the money I had saved on gas, motel, and food since my son was hospitalized over the last week. It'll be mostly gone by the time we get back home. My daughter and her four kids didn't have the money for this trip. She took my credit card for the trip home and is sending it back down here with her dad. She and Brad are VERY close. It was VERY hard for her and the kids to leave...but she had to get back for work and wanted her dad to be able to drive my van down because I can't get up into his big van. She also didn't want me to have to take the trip back when my husband is coming down.

So, I won't have the money to donate. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
GrannyT wrote:
I hope God leads Gov. Huckabee to run; but unfortunately I have spent most of the money I had saved on gas, motel, and food since my son was hospitalized over the last week. It'll be mostly gone by the time we get back home. My daughter and her four kids didn't have the money for this trip. She took my credit card for the trip home and is sending it back down here with her dad. She and Brad are VERY close. It was VERY hard for her and the kids to leave...but she had to get back for work and wanted her dad to be able to drive my van down because I can't get up into his big van. She also didn't want me to have to take the trip back when my husband is coming down.

No worries, God knew all along! Don't forget that Granny!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:55 pm 
Lieutenant General

GrannyT wrote:

Don't worry. If Mike decides to get in now it will be because he will have loud heavy voices begging him to run. And with that will come the financial backing necessary. God doesn't waste anything. Glad you had the money available when YOU needed it!

Post by Indiana4Huck has received Likes: 3 justgrace, maryjthom, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:01 pm 
Lieutenant General

bmk2307 wrote:
I just heard The Judge say on Fox and Friends that he is going to ask Mike Huckabee on his show today if he is going to run for president or not.
I think one of the reasons Mike made his announcement (not his decision) was to stop all the questions about whether or not he was running. And yet, the questions keep coming!! I am torn between giving up and continuing to fight. If Mike hadn't said it was spiritual, I wouldn't have given up. And yet, because it was spiritual, I still have hope. :?

When is/was the interview with the Judge?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! LOOK AT THIS:

http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/9746529920 ... t_id=87937

This is way more than just VP. Mike just opened the door to being drafted from the republican national convention. This of course would not happen, but what it does is opens the door, even ever so slightly. Recent national polls have 7 candidates with 8-16%! There is no front runner. If that continues and Perry doesnt enter the race, Mike could wait another couple of months still to get in. As long as Mitt, TPAW, Gingrich, Palin (if/when she gets in), Bachmann, Cain, Paul, Huntsman, and even Santorum and Johnson stay in the race then no one is going to be able to consistently hold over 20%. That means we could get to september and Huck could jump back in. He'd immidiately pick up almost all of Cain voters, a large chunk of gingrich voters who are just voting as southernors, parts of the palin/bachmann/santorum socon/tea party vote, and parts of the tpaw/mitt "who can beat obama" vote! He'd be at 25% within weeks! This is a big freakin deal!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:16 pm 
Lieutenant General

karrboy84 wrote:
HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! LOOK AT THIS:

http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/9746529920 ... t_id=87937

This is way more than just VP. Mike just opened the door to being drafted from the republican national convention. This of course would not happen, but what it does is opens the door, even ever so slightly. Recent national polls have 7 candidates with 8-16%! There is no front runner. If that continues and Perry doesnt enter the race, Mike could wait another couple of months still to get in. As long as Mitt, TPAW, Gingrich, Palin (if/when she gets in), Bachmann, Cain, Paul, Huntsman, and even Santorum and Johnson stay in the race then no one is going to be able to consistently hold over 20%. That means we could get to september and Huck could jump back in. He'd immidiately pick up almost all of Cain voters, a large chunk of gingrich voters who are just voting as southernors, parts of the palin/bachmann/santorum socon/tea party vote, and parts of the tpaw/mitt "who can beat obama" vote! He'd be at 25% within weeks! This is a big freakin deal!
I was not encouraged by his responses. :(

However, I do think it is encouraging that we could influence his decision by sending Huck friendly delegates to the convention!! And we don't need to get on board just yet for anyone else which might encourage or produce a front runner. That would put the nails in the coffin for our hopes of a President Mike Huckabee in 2012.

And I am encouraged that it is still "news worthy" to ask him the questions. Shows there is enough interest in his getting in or the news outlets wouldn't be showcasing him. :pray

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
GrannyT wrote:

How wonderful that you had that money saved for this emergency. God is so good. He knows our needs long before we do. I'm sure Mike would be far more happy for you to use it this way, for this emergency that you needed it for, then for his campaign, regardless of whether he were running or not.

Post by IowaforHuckabee has received Likes: 2 Indiana4Huck, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:17 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
Seeing this story earlier today was the first I've been interested in politics since May 14th. :)

Post by Matthew Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
It sure seems to me that this at least opens the door to the possibility - however unlikely - that the GOP leadership might just come to him & ask him to run. They have to see how important it is to regain the WH from the dark (Dem) side even if they can't control GH like they would wish.

Earlier this year, I would have said it was about a snowball's chance in hades, but with all that we have seen since, I'd say the odds have improved up to a snowball's chance in FLORIDA!!! (Get it? Get it? :lol:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
It sure seems to me that this at least opens the door to the possibility - however unlikely - that the GOP leadership might just come to him & ask him to run. They have to see how important it is to regain the WH from the dark (Dem) side even if they can't control GH like they would wish.

Earlier this year, I would have said it was about a snowball's chance in hades, but with all that we have seen since, I'd say the odds have improved up to a snowball's chance in FLORIDA!!! (Get it? Get it? :lol:)

Oh, we get it all right. :P

Maybe some of our Iowans here could answer this, but how much of Huck's 2008 apparatus in Iowa would still be in place if he decided to get in the race in, say, September? Just seems to me that by then most of those people would have gotten behind another candidate by then.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:08 pm 
***** General

I would say we should spend our time sending letters to the GOP hdqtrs stating how weak the candidates are, how strong Huckabee could be against Obama, and the role they need to play in getting him into the race...If there is a chance it could happen, the party will have to be behind the man...Huckabee, of course...

Post by nrobyar has received Likes: 2 goalieman, janelles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 92
Iowa Huckabee supporters just met today. The core group is intact and will be prepared for whatever would happen.

Post by janelles has received Likes: 3 All-in-for-Mike, GrannyT, justgrace