Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 0
I was and am a huge Mike Huckabee supporter,

He inspired me in my late 40's to continue my education making my dreams come true, "doing the right thing" in the process.
If Gov. Mike Huckabee will not run in 2012 it will be a huge mistake. Yes, president Obama will be hard to beat and fight against in 2012. However, what are the options left? Will Gov. Huckabee endorse Gov. Mitt Romney and in doing so implying and trying to convince us that in voting for Gov. Mitt Romney we are just "doing the right thing"? The patriotic choice as GOP backers, against our principles? I DON'T THINK SO.
I understand that Gov Mike Huckabee have a nice living now, and the financial picture it is a lot better now than it was in 2008. However, Gov. Huckabee does not suppose to forget that he is where he is now, because of us (me), his faithful supporters that he so much inspired in the last years. I just have the feeling that he choose WHAT HE WANTED TO DO, instead of WHAT HE KNEW THAT HE HAS TO DO,...which is nothing less than "DOING THE RIGHT THING."
If he stick with his actual choice of not running in 2012, I think is only a matter of time until his TV and Radio ratings will start decreasing slowly but noticeably.
Than he will realize his mistake, and will try to correct it but it might be too late as his credibility might be lost. Why wait until it might be too late. People who you trusted to stand behind you all this years, are still trusting you to "DO THE RIGHT THING" Gov. Huckabee. In the last two years even if I was at home or working, I always called my wife or my kids asking them to set up the TV ON HUCKABEE SHOW, each Saturday and Sunday. I do not know if I am willing to continue to do the same...

You might not winn the 2012 elections (although I seriously believe that you will), but at least you can rest assured that you did the right thing. Did you have the same assurance from GOD in 2008 (when you made the decision to run) as you now claim that you have it not to run? I AM NO IMPLYING (by far), that you are somehow lying, but there are times in our lives when we will rather be tempted to hear from GOD what we want to hear instead of what HE tells us to do. If GOD told you not to run, I CAN LIVE WITH THAT, but if you THINK that you heard Him saying something that sounds to you as NOT RUNNING, you have to leave with your self for the rest of your life, knowing that you "DID NOT DO THE RIGHT THING," when you should have. You might not have the strong financial support from the people who are backing you, but they are doing the best they can, trying to hold on on their houses, while contributing what they can to support people they trust, NOT building new houses, AS SOME OTHERS DO. I am not trying to be harsh on you, Gov. Huckabee. I am still trusting you to do the right thing, while I am trying to do the very same. I really hope that you (Gov. Mike Huckabee) will be able to read this message (if you are still interested in what some of the Huck's Army have to say), and think about it. And I really hope that the Administrator of the Huck's Army will not delete this message. I apologize to you all, if I sound so negative, but I have to say it as I see it. And I am not seeing very well...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
You are saying some things we may have all thought for a moment. But it gets down to trusting God to be in control of one's life. For Mike Huckabee, that is more than a Sunday sermon truism. He would not run unless he felt God was giving him the go-ahead and the peace of mind. He called it the "peace that passes understanding." In other words, many people will not understand.

I still pray that somehow this nation will repent of the way they treated Huckabee the last time around, especially many in the Republican establishment and the talk show world. It was hideous. In such a climate, it is like trying to swim upstream in mud. Progress, if made, is done at tremendous cost, not only financially but personally and for the sake of the country. No matter what you do or say, you are attacked by the likes of Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, and Rush Limbaugh and called a liberal when you are the very opposite. What does it do to ones' testimony as a Christian, for the unity of the Republican Party, and to one's own health and usefulness to spend a year and a half being crucified? When maybe God has something else that better suits His timing for now for Huckabee?

I still pray that maybe Huckabee will be selected as the V.P. or find some pathway to eventually becoming President. We have to realize, we do not like for others to make our decisions, and neither can we decide for Huckabee to do what he feels now is not in God's plan. We can pray that God could change His mind, and then change Huckabee's mind.

Mike's wife, Janet Huckabee, has faith in her husband's hearing God correctly. Recently she said that she trusts the decision because she could count on one hand the times Huckabee has been wrong on a major decision. We'll have to trust his wisdom and instincts.

Have a little faith. I am saying that to myself, too.

I've often told my children when life takes a turn. God doesn't waste anything. All the preparation and experience will be put to good use, somewhere, somehow.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 5 beezwax, Craig88USC, GrannyT, IowaforHuckabee, janelles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I feel exactly the same way as GOD WILL PROVIDE....as a matter of fact, I could have written that myself....Many of you on here may not be willing to admit it but I'll bet you agree. How many times in the BIBLE did GOD's chosen ones try and deny the calling at first. All I know is that Governor Huckabee has been given too many gifts and too much talent to just waste away at FOX being just another talking head. Many could do that job but FEW can do what Governor Huckabee is capable of. I am so saddened to see MITT ROMNEY beating Obama in the polls when that honor should go to "THE GOV." I feel we should be sending these thoughts to Huckpac where, at least, chances are he will read them...

Post by nrobyar Liked by: Indiana4Huck