Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:52 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Quote:
The allure of an unsettled presidential contest appears to have given Huckabee second thoughts. In a brief interview, he said he wasn't irrevocably out of presidential politics for the next four years. "Who knows what might happen? I don't want to put myself in a box," Huckabee said, while insisting he wasn't trying to play games about a revived candidacy.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 8913.story

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 3 akprayingmom, Grandville, GrannyT
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:30 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
This has happened too many times to be an accident. He appears to either be trying to convince himself or he is already convinced and is trying to convince others...like the people who need to get behind him instead of fighting him.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, Grandville

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:24 pm 
Corporal

Liked: 10
One small example of yet another intriguing quip....Instead of saying at the end of his TV show in reply to "It's not too late" he said, "Well- we'll see". He could have easily said "Well- not this time." He didn't.

Post by ThatMan Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I really wish Governor Huckabee would get back in this race. He is clearly heads and shoulders above ANY of these weak candidates and I would surely hate for RICK PERRY to take this nomination simply because he is the alternative to the current crop. At this point, folks are so eager for ANYONE else, that Perry might just take off if Governor Huckabee stays out. If Huck is back in...that's a whole different ballgame...

Post by nrobyar has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, Steadfast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 92
If it makes any of us feel any better... Chris Matthews and Co do not think Perry will get in. Discussion tonight briefly mentioned how Huckabee and McCain dislike Romney. The pundits are working themselves in a frenzy- I understand, as it gets harder to face each day life without GH in the race.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I don't know about you guys but I'm really pretty tired of FOX's new love affair with Rick Perry....Just sent them this email...

What's with FOX and it's love affair with Rick Perry? Could it be you are feeling a bit guilty about taking away the "rib eye steak" of the GOP (Gov. Huckabee), luring him in with your fat paychecks and cushy job offers? So now, it seems, you are trying to toss us a "bone" and pushing Perry down our throats. True, the current candidates are SO WEAK we are grasping at any straw to find someone we can connect with, but Rick Perry...REALLY!!!! I want my steak back.....

Post by nrobyar Liked by: janelles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
nrobyar wrote:
I really wish Governor Huckabee would get back in this race. He is clearly heads and shoulders above ANY of these weak candidates and I would surely hate for RICK PERRY to take this nomination simply because he is the alternative to the current crop. At this point, folks are so eager for ANYONE else, that Perry might just take off if Governor Huckabee stays out. If Huck is back in...that's a whole different ballgame...

This is a good point. Huckabee's chances of a successful late entry go way down once Perry gets in. Two southern governors in the race might make it hard for either of them to win.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
From a poll today at dickmorris.com

In the survey, which has a 95% confidence of a margin of error of + or – 4%, Perry got only 5% of the primary vote. The following were the vote totals in the survey:

Mitt Romney 23
M. Bachmann 12
Ron Paul 12
Newt Gingrich 5
Herman Cain 5
Rick Perry 5
Tin Pawlenty 3
Rick Santorum 2
Jon Huntsman 1

Even in the South, Perry ran a distant fourth with only 9% of the vote, behind Romney at 22%, Paul at 13%, Bachmann at 10% and barely ahead of Gingrich at 7%, Cain at 6%, Pawlenty at 3%, Santorum at 2%, and Huntsman at 2%.

Commenting on the results, Dick Morris said “Rick Perry shows weakness in the polling that might cause him to reconsider running for president. As Governor of Texas, he is already well known, particularly in the South. If he cannot produce more than a 5% vote share nationally or do better than 9% in his region, he is not showing much strength.”

http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/morris-p ... gop-field/

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 pm 
***** General

Yeah, there was a poll in the Austin paper over the weekend indicating that Perry had only 9% support in Texas. Ron Paul even had more at 10%. And there's an argument that, well, he hasn't announced yet so that accounts for the low result. But that doesn't work because Palin beat him too and she hasn't announced.

It just confirms what the Texans here at HA have been saying.

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Rick Perry has enough well known baggage that those who are interested shouldn't have far to look to realize that he is NOT the candidate the TEA Party (& virtually everyone else) has been looking for... the support he's seeing now is simply indicative of how little known he is outside this state - at the moment.

And as soon as people see his similarities to Dubya, most recognize that it's too soon for our country to re-elect George W. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:30 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
ThatMan wrote:
One small example of yet another intriguing quip....Instead of saying at the end of his TV show in reply to "It's not too late" he said, "Well- we'll see". He could have easily said "Well- not this time." He didn't.

That's exactly what he told my husband when they shook hands on Huckabee's book tour (A Simple Government). My husband said, "I hope I am shaking the hand of the next President of the United States." To which Huckabee quietly replied, "Well, we'll see." I remember feeling a little concerned, like Oh please be certain. And then when I stood in line there were too many of these kind older ladies telling him, "I just love your Huckabee show. I hope you won't run for President so we can keep watching it." I wanted to stop them!

It must be such a tremendously hard decision personally to run for President. The thoughts must go back and forth... I think I am needed by America. They don't respect me (the Left, or the Right). Someone else might do better. But the signs say I might. Who does God have in mind to run? Me? Not me? How can I? How can I not? Can any man or woman survive the next political race in this climate of personal destruction? It would be great personal sacrifice, but I love my country, my people. But my family...What do I do, God?

We know that Governor Huckabee is human and must have gone back and forth in his mind, until he got the clarity of the decision he felt was from God. The peace that passes understanding assured him. But he also has left a crack in the door for God to open it. As a Christian, I know I must say to God, "Your will be done." Also, I know that God's ways are higher than our ways. As we pray--for understanding, acceptance, etc.--I do not think it is wrong to also pray, "Lord, please open the doors for Gov. Huckabee to run for President someday, if it is Your will. Our country needs someone like him. Have mercy on America."

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, janelles, Miranda, Steadfast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 13
At the risk of offending some, I think its more likely than not that Huck will enter in late summer or the fall. I think that was always his plan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
That is the best offensive statement I have ever heard.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, Miserere

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:57 pm 
***** General

VertiCon wrote:
At the risk of offending some, I think its more likely than not that Huck will enter in late summer or the fall. I think that was always his plan.

I think it's a 33.3333..% chance he gets in. More likely he doesn't than does. Nevertheless, I recently purchased a 2012 Huckabee bumper sticker so I'm prepared if I turn out to be wrong (also bought it with some vague, unformulated, superstitious hope that the mere purchase of the sticker will somehow influence GMH towards running).

Hope springs eternal at HA.

But don't his public statements contradict the theory that he's always planned to enter at some later point?

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:14 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
I think the #1 reason huck is afraid to get in is money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 13
Miserere wrote:
But don't his public statements contradict the theory that he's always planned to enter at some later point?
Whatever one makes of it, Huck sometimes parses his sentences so that he can "revise and extend his remarks" later. He said, "I know for now..." [READ: as of 5-14-11.]

As I wrote on May 17:
Quote:
This whole thing might have been about a deadline from FOX. (I.e. FOX says decide by mid May.) And, Huckabee may have been literally serious about not deciding until summer. And so, Huckabee was saying, 'if I have to decide now, then the answer is no.' That is, the answer was no to having his hand forced. But, if he does get peace in the season that he first anticipated he would know, then he could reverse himself for the very reason that he decided no at this point in time.

We do this all the time. If a car salesman says, 'you have to decide today if you want this car in order to get the deal I'm offering'. Some would rashly buy the car. But many would say, 'if I have to decide today, then I don't want the car.'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:04 am 
Major

Liked: 90
VertiCon wrote:
Miserere wrote:
Whatever one makes of it, Huck sometimes parses his sentences so that he can "revise and extend his remarks" later. He said, "I know for now..." [READ: as of 5-14-11.]

As I wrote on May 17:
Quote:
This whole thing might have been about a deadline from FOX. (I.e. FOX says decide by mid May.) And, Huckabee may have been literally serious about not deciding until summer. And so, Huckabee was saying, 'if I have to decide now, then the answer is no.' That is, the answer was no to having his hand forced. But, if he does get peace in the season that he first anticipated he would know, then he could reverse himself for the very reason that he decided no at this point in time.

We do this all the time. If a car salesman says, 'you have to decide today if you want this car in order to get the deal I'm offering'. Some would rashly buy the car. But many would say, 'if I have to decide today, then I don't want the car.'

I hope the presidency isnt a used car:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:21 pm 
***** General

karrboy84 wrote:
VertiCon wrote:
Miserere wrote:

As I wrote on May 17:
Quote:

I hope the presidency isnt a used car:)

Or that Huckabee is a used car salesman!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:42 pm 
***** General

VertiCon wrote:

VertiCon, I am genuinely surprised at the cynicism you express here.

I look back at Huck's 2008 run - the floating cross, the negative ad mess, the VP pick, etc. The cynics all believed these were calculated, and in my cynicism there were times I was suspicious, but in hindsight, I now genuinely believe that they were: providential, an honest blunder, and simple truth (in that order).

I have no doubt that, if Huckabee ends up running after all, there will be many a pundit who "admires" Huckabee's strategy & cunning, but I honestly believe that IF Huckabee runs, it will only be because he believes God wants him to.

There will be many a person who will accuse Huckabee followers like myself of naivete, but I choose to trust Huckabee until he proves untrustworthy. Cynicism is a worldly trait, & though I admit to being worse than average, it's not one that we should embrace. (It also is a form of negativity that takes years off one's life!)

I've always liked this story about St. John Cupertino:

One day, the brothers, laughing at John's foolish gullibility, decided to play a prank on him. So when they were all out walking later, one shouted, "Look! A flying pig!" and as John searched the sky for it, they were all beside themselves laughing . As they chided him for his credulity, he simply stated, "I would rather believe that pigs can fly than believe that my brothers would lie to me."

And all the brothers were silent.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 pm 
***** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
VertiCon wrote:

VertiCon, I am genuinely surprised at the cynicism you express here.

I look back at Huck's 2008 run - the floating cross, the negative ad mess, the VP pick, etc. The cynics all believed these were calculated, and in my cynicism there were times I was suspicious, but in hindsight, I now genuinely believe that they were: providential, an honest blunder, and simple truth (in that order).

I have no doubt that, if Huckabee ends up running after all, there will be many a pundit who "admires" Huckabee's strategy & cunning, but I honestly believe that IF Huckabee runs, it will only be because he believes God wants him to.

There will be many a person who will accuse Huckabee followers like myself of naivete, but I choose to trust Huckabee until he proves untrustworthy. Cynicism is a worldly trait, & though I admit to being worse than average, it's not one that we should embrace. (It also is a form of negativity that takes years off one's life!)

I've always liked this story about St. John Cupertino:

One day, the brothers, laughing at John's foolish gullibility, decided to play a prank on him. So when they were all out walking later, one shouted, "Look! A flying pig!" and as John searched the sky for it, they were all beside themselves laughing . As they chided him for his credulity, he simply stated, "I would rather believe that pigs can fly than believe that my brothers would lie to me."

And all the brothers were silent.

Yes, this is what I was getting at with the question I asked. You finished my thought much better than I would've!

G.M. Hopkins.