Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:36 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
I now firmly believe that Huckabee will not get into the 2012 race. At first I was optomistic, I thought that even though Huck got out of the running, if there was no good contender to the right of Romney that he would get back in to win Iowa.

Now I believe that Huckabee will not get in no matter what the circumstance. If Huck and Bachmann both run, Huckabee will be to the left of Michelle Fiscally. And I dont believe that is where Huckabee would want to be. or would he?

I dont believe at this point that Michelle will be stopped. I believe it will be Bachmann vs Romney.

I do not believe Palin will run.

I think that Huck and Palin will endorse Bachmann.

Could Huck be bachmanns VP?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
It's still real early, I think anything could happen, but I think you're probably right in your conclusion the he won't get in.

I wouldn't say he's to the left of Bachmann fiscally. I'd say her style and substance is probably more libertarian. But basically, the GOP is on the same page fiscally: budget cuts, no tax rate hikes, tax reform, entitlement reform.

What's more distinguishing is how compelling and articulate each candidate is in discussing the issues and let's not forget experience. On that score, Huck would dominate and would have a clear path to victory.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:17 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
With the all anointed ones running in this race, I'd actually have to consider voting to reelect The puppet in chief, except he turned out to be quite the war monger too.
The only candidate actually once endorsed by Reagan, and the only military veteran in the field won't win in the primary and Huck will probably not run.
It matters not what the rest may say, I could no more believe them than Beelzebub himself.
The thread title maybe should just read No Hope for 2012.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
I agree that he will not jump in as a late comer. His credibiility would be attacked brutally. He also would instantly find himself the target of a previous GOP circular firing squad.

The best timing for Huck in this election cycle is as VP. He would generate so much excitement for us Huck Lovers that there would be no way the ticket could lose.

The Huck Haters on our side would have to stop their venom in order to win the election.

And there actually may be less Huck Haters on the other side of the aisle. scratch

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I have felt for a while that Huckabee would not reconsider. He really is enjoying what he is doing. I am not talking about the money. I am talking about his show, radio, giving speeches, and especially jamming on bass with various people. You can tell he loves his job-which makes it not really a job. So why give that up?

The GOP primary will eventually become a bloodbath, with a fight to the finish. Then the beat up winner will have to go against Obama and all is media buddies who will be covering for him. It is a victory worth fighting for, but maybe Huckabee can get his HuckRepublican message out better by not being a candidate.

Here is a picture of how I have felt about politics for the last month since that awful May 14th announcement:

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan has received Likes: 3 All-in-for-Mike, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Me too, Debbie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
ConservTexan wrote:
I have felt for a while that Huckabee would not reconsider. He really is enjoying what he is doing. I am not talking about the money. I am talking about his show, radio, giving speeches, and especially jamming on bass with various people. You can tell he loves his job-which makes it not really a job. So why give that up?

I hope that's not the case. Washington probably would've enjoyed the plantation life more than risking his life leading the continental army. Adams would have enjoyed spending more time with his family than stepping up and serving in the congress and diplomatic service, etc. I'd like to think that Huck is sensitive to the fact that duty tends to be less enjoyable than other possible opportunities.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:21 am 
Major

Liked: 90
Im going to have to disagree; and here is why: The scenario that I have given on this site and race42012 was actually polled in a Fox poll yesterday. They included Perry, Rudy, and Palin. Romney led with 18% and 6 candidates were between 5% and 13%. That is the type of field that will need to take shape for Huck to run. He would HAVE TO look at those numbers and realize people are still not unified and have not found that one candidate to rally behind. Perry said he is waiting until August to decide, which is crazy. Palin apparently has already decided and just isnt telling anyone. Rudy doesnt really have any need to jump in before September, and I wouldnt be surprised if he waited til the 10th anniversary of the Sep11 attacks to get in. So don't lose hope yet. If we can get Rudy and either Perry/Palin in, things will be set up nicely for a Huck Comeback!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:54 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Anything can happen. Use this time to enjoy your summer.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 2 janelles, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:29 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
Bachmann/Huckabee is a real possibility.

:pray

Meanwhile, everyone have a great summer. You too, Governor.

:dive

:beach

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:04 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
Bachmann can give a good speech and she's obviously got "more on the ball" than Palin but she has no executive experience and no one from her political position has ever won a presidential nomination. She does have more charisma than any of the current other candidates but I have to agree with Pawlenty when he says he has actually done the job not just given the speeches...Pawlenty may be short on charisma but he is the most experienced of the bunch and has a good record. I don't think he can win, but he is probably going to be my pick.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Frankly, I held off on responding to this thread because the title was so unfortunate - it reeks of despair & there are no miracles in despair. As long as there is a God of miracles, there is hope for Huck - the other man from Hope - and for our country.

Is it going to take a miracle? Probably. Do I think it is likely we'll get one? Well, obviously I don't know God's mind, and I will confess to feeling very discouraged about our country's future - it does seem as though God has decided, as He so often had to do with Israel, to let us reap our harvest at last.

But to close the door on the possibilities only opens the door to despair & who wants to live there? Better to keep praying for that miracle of mercy & lean on God to deal with whatever He in His wisdom deems best.

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 6 All-in-for-Mike, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, FirstCoastTerp, justgrace, Miranda, navyqueen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:34 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Frankly, I held off on responding to this thread because the title was so unfortunate - it reeks of despair & there are no miracles in despair. As long as there is a God of miracles, there is hope for Huck - the other man from Hope - and for our country.

Is it going to take a miracle? Probably. Do I think it is likely we'll get one? Well, obviously I don't know God's mind, and I will confess to feeling very discouraged about our country's future - it does seem as though God has decided, as He so often had to do with Israel, to let us reap our harvest at last.

But to close the door on the possibilities only opens the door to despair & who wants to live there? Better to keep praying for that miracle of mercy & lean on God to deal with whatever He in His wisdom deems best.

Couldn't have said it better, QVA. Let's hope for the man from Hope (starting with an "H")! I do not know what it will look like, but I do feel that a man of enough moral courage to proclaim on television that God did not direct him to run for President "this year," has the makings of some great job for God. Yes, Gov. Huckabee talked of miracles before, and I somehow feel his miracle is coming, perhaps in a way we do not now know or understand. And yes, I worry also that America is being asked to reap the harvest of our own immorality and turning from God.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, janelles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:57 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
Remember all the complaints about Obama having no executive experience...Bachmann has none as well. That doesn't speak to the competence a good nominee should have.

A good nominee has character, competence, and vision. I think she is weak in competence. That said, I respect her character and she is a true fighter on our side. I would like to see her prove herself with greater leadership before running for President.

Remember when Cain was 2nd to Romney? Now Cain is back in 5th or 6th now. The race is fluid, candidates will make mistakes and recover over and over with some not recovering. Bachmann does have some real pull but things can and most likely will change.

Post by PrinciplesMatter Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:00 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I hope CA you don't mind that I changed the title somewhat to be a little bit less negative.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:32 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
FirstCoastTerp wrote:
I hope CA you don't mind that I changed the title somewhat to be a little bit less negative.

Thanks for the title change.
There is something of an inconsistency when "no hope" and MH are used in the same line. We sure would have a reason for having more hope if Mike was running.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Just tweeted:

Quote:
RT @hotlinereid: #secondthoughts RT @TimAlbrechtIA: Hmmm RT @Sandy_Greiner: Anybody know WHY Huckabee is doing phone polling in IA?

Reid is Editor for National Journal and Albrecht is communications director for IA Gov Brandstad

Post by Steadfast Liked by: ConservTexan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Be still my beating heart! Can there be any other reason for it than re-thinking 2012?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 10
Does anyone know what the polling questions are exactly?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:09 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Grandville,

I don't know the polling questions, but I'm guessing he's not calling to ask people about their favorite brand of cottage cheese ;)

Someone needs to email Huck PAC and ask for a comment.