Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
Steadfast wrote:
Just tweeted:

Quote:
RT @hotlinereid: #secondthoughts RT @TimAlbrechtIA: Hmmm RT @Sandy_Greiner: Anybody know WHY Huckabee is doing phone polling in IA?

Reid is Editor for National Journal and Albrecht is communications director for IA Gov Brandstad

Sandy Greiner is a state senator in Iowa. Her contact info:
(515) 281-3371 w / (641) 636-2296
http://sandygreiner.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:10 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
I'll preface my comment by admitting that I might be a wishful thinking moron by saying this, but, I do think that there is a chance that Huckabee will get into the race.

For some reason, the GOP field here reminds me of GOP Party in the 1996 Presidential Election. There were so many folks running that I'm surprised that they had room on the stage to accomodate all the podiums at the debates. There were nine candidates in that set of primaries, compared to today's ten. But none of them really stood out and none of them made the case to the country why they should be the one to replace Bill Clinton. In the end, the GOP nominated Bob Dole, a good man, a war hero, and a dedicated public servant. But we mostly all knew that he was going to lose from the very beginning. There just was no one in the field who was going to be able to stand up to the charismatic President Clinton and outshine him.

Let's be honest. There is a reason why none of the GOP candidates have caught fire yet. A number of them are good people and one or two of them could possibly one day be a good President. I know some people have taken on consolation prizes of other candidates that they like, but, we all know that the field is sorely lacking. If this continues for another couple of months and it's obvious that the GOP is going to have to actually nominate one of these candidates while the public mostly yawns, Huck is going to have to make a decision again - either to stand by his original decision or to watch President Obama get a second term. I think that given that decision, which will be an obvious one if things don't change radically in the next few months, he'll choose to bite the bullet and give it a run.

It was easier for him to make the decision this spring to not run because the presumption was that someone from the GOP field would take charge and gather momentum. However, I don't believe that any of the candidates will have sustained momentum and a few of them seem to have a Joe Biden-like high probability of making a damaging gaffe. If the field is looking the same way it is now in a few months, Huckabee will have to either run or accept the inevitability of a significant chance for another four years of policies he knows are not in the best interests of this country.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
TVV...out of all of the "what if" scenarios that have been given on here I believe that you have nailed what would most likely make Huck re-consider 2012.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
Has he lost the evangelical leaders to Perry? Can't see him jumping back in now that he's made Iowa challenging by opening the door for Bachmann and now possibly Perry.....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:50 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
With Sarah being hired on by Pawlenty.... I don't see Huckabee getting back in now.
:cry:

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:08 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
higgybaby4huck wrote:
With Sarah being hired on by Pawlenty.... I don't see Huckabee getting back in now.
:cry:

Wow, I must have missed that....this is the first time in a while that I have felt hopeless about this race.