Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:42 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
Quote:
July 14, 2011 - 08:30 PM
A Failure To Lead
by Mike Huckabee

America is crying out for leadership – and not loud or vitriolic leadership – but instead, purposed principled leadership that will provide solutions to the massive problems facing our great nation.

That leadership, no matter what the political spin masters tell you, needs to come from one person - the President of the United States. So, with the country and world watching and waiting, the President decides the best way to “lead” is by scaring the American people saying that he couldn't guarantee Social Security checks would keep going out if a deal isn't reached by August 2nd. The truth is, there's no reason for those checks to be held up unless the government does it deliberately.

It's sad to see President Obama try to turn up the heat on negotiators by using scare tactics against our seniors. After all, it was President Obama who told House Republican leaders to "stop trying to frighten the American people". I guess he meant no one could use those tactics but him. This was the same man who as a Senator said 4 years ago that RAISING the debt limit was because Bush was not showing leadership. He really ought to read some of his own lofty speeches about leadership.

No wonder the American people are confused. Of course, if the people inside the closed-door meetings don't really know what's going on, then how can we?

Bottom line: Dispensing misinformation for political advantage is the wrong way to show leadership. Storming out of a meeting, as the President reportedly did the other day, is also the wrong way to lead.

And now come word that Moody's has placed America's AAA bond rating on review for possible downgrade. Moody's Investors Service cited the "rising possibility" that the debt limit wouldn't be raised on a timely basis.

Again, the President's failure to lead on this issue has actually led us to the brink of a major financial crisis. There is no time for the President to wait for someone else to step forward.

So far, the only thing coming from the White House is game playing and theatrics. It's time to lead, Mr. President.
http://www.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=Blog ... og_id=3498

Quote:
America is crying out for leadership – and not loud or vitriolic leadership – but instead, purposed principled leadership that will provide solutions to the massive problems facing our great nation.

*sigh* Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?..... :(

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 5 Chadballer, IowaforHuckabee, justgrace, Peter, QuoVadisAnima
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:21 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Too bad that because of Huckabee's decision, that leadership won't come anytime soon I'm afraid :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:07 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
Quote:
There is no time ... to wait for someone else to step forward

Think it through Mike.

Think it through GOP.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 5 All-in-for-Mike, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, IowaforHuckabee, Iowans Rock, janelles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:20 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 10
I pray that God is showing Mike that he needs to step up and fill this great void in leadership. Despite Mike's announcement a couple months ago Mike can now announce that because of the lack of leadership he will now enter the race. He will get criticized by some for announcing one thing and then doing another but I think Mike, as good of a communicator as he is, can explain to the American people why God has now given him a peace to run.

Post by Grandville Liked by: janelles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
I think G.H. has forfeited his right to speak on the "leadership void".

Post by steves Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
steves wrote:

Too true.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:05 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 10
I still think he can step in and be the leader that we all know he is. He can't however lead from the sidelines.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
I just saw a commercial for the Huckabee show this weekend. It said, "As D.C. debates, the Gov reveals his strategy for saving our economy."

Hmmm.... "his strategy...."
Coming on the heels of his "Failure to Lead" piece, I'm beginning to wonder if Mike is missing being in politics. Not getting my hopes up, just wondering...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
steves wrote:

You are absolutely right. Mike, in his own way, is kind of part of the problem at this point.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:52 pm 
General

Liked: 41
I don't understand how Huckabee has forfeited his right to speak on this because we all have freedom of speech. Huckabee, as well as anybody else, can speak on anything they want.

I did read all 800 comments on his Facebook page on Huckabee's statement about Obama's lack of leadership,and on every page of 50 comjents, there were at least 10-12 people who asked Mike Huckabee to get back in the race because our country needs him and they would vote for him. I hope he is reading these comments. With him going to Israel in Feb, 2012, I don't see how he could jump back into the primary. Isn't that about the time for SC's primary? He needs lots of time to campaign there because it would be critical for him to win there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:52 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I am genuinely puzzled at what to make of this "leadership deficit" commentary aimed at Obama. Does he really not see how hypocritical it looks? Or is he opening the door to jumping back in?

I must confess the whole debt debate mess this week, on top of Sarah going over to TPaw, and then Huck announcing a return trip to Israel in Feb has me feeling very depressed over our country's future at this point, as well as what appears to be an increasing unlikelihood for Huck to get into the race.

I am currently praying that God will grant us a sign of hope to fight the discouragement.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
America IS crying out for leadership and Governor Huckabee is the one who needs to lead.....It does appear that he is part of the problem because he is not heeding the call to lead, but rather sitting on the sidelines. I just saw him being interviewed by Laura Inghram and he was saying how none of the candidates has become "the one." In other words, they all stink.....Why can't he see how much his decision to "sit this one out" is going to hurt the entire country. I know he said he is not so egotistical as to think he is the only one who can do the job, but too bad that he ran his last campaign so effectively that we have come to believe that he is...

I am more and more dissatisfied with the candidates we have....so unenthused with Romney and the rest.... :balling

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:47 am 
Lieutenant General

I'm trying to like Bachmann, but her lack of executive experience is bothering me.

Plus, her church believes that the papacy is the antichrist. Before I came to Ireland I might have considered that, but my impression of the Catholic Church is actually very good. And the one of catholics, even better :) I have been to mass several times and it's really nice.

Does she agree with her church on this one? I don't know, but it's still bad judgement to be a member of a church with such a doctrine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:35 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Wendero wrote:
I'm trying to like Bachmann, but her lack of executive experience is bothering me.

Plus, her church believes that the papacy is the antichrist. Before I came to Ireland I might have considered that, but my impression of the Catholic Church is actually very good. And the one of catholics, even better :) I have been to mass several times and it's really nice.

Does she agree with her church on this one? I don't know, but it's still bad judgement to be a member of a church with such a doctrine.

She just ditched her church. Don't think her decision was influenced in any way by principle,
but more a preemptive move for the sake of political expediency.
Clueless as she is, fortunately for her, she submits quite well to her handlers.
Her type is what I just can't stomach about political puppets.
I'm glad she left, but if not for political expediency, she may have remained there for life. Perhaps a clue to how she will stand by her appointments when the going gets tough.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/ ... cal-views/

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:57 am 
Lieutenant General

Wow, now I lost even more respect for her... :(

Huckabee, where are you when we need you? :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:11 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I hope we have a large amount of grace with fellow Christians. Michelle Bachman has many good qualities. Of course, the particular doctrines a certain church holds, as well as any pastor's, are important but should stay out of the fodder for political debate here. Please. We agree on so much, and probably far more than we disagree. When we start running down the leaders of denominations, etc., or the particular areas of belief or practice that traditionally divide churches, we may play into the hands of the enemy, I fear. Democrats are pretty good at not running their own down. And they often win because of that. We conservatives get too exercised over the peripheral things that divide us. And not enough united on what we can agree upon.

The leadership void thing may be part of God's plan. Just look how Huckabee has escaped some of the media garbage that Bachman and Palin and Gingrich have had to face. Let them play out, let him stay out until God's timing is right. There may come a time the Republicans beg Huckabee to run. (I know, I know all about wishful thinking!)

However, I do think the situation in Israel is begging for someone who has a firm knowledge of that country and a past good working relationship with its leaders. Who would that be? Gov. Huckabee! And with him visiting Israel this week to interview Netanyahu for the Huckabee show, I can imagine he will get an earful from the Israeli leader on the Gov. running for President. I have hopes. Doesn't God often speak from Israel???
:pray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:43 am 
***** General

Wendero wrote:

I wasn't particularly cocncerned by this. Luther, and ergo traditional lutherans, thought the pope the/an antichrist; we think Luther a heretic. No news here. Now let's get back to keeping the secularists out of power.

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 am 
Lieutenant General

Being a modern protestant/herectic, what Luther said matters very little to me :) I think it's totally inappropriate to call the papacy the antichrist, and if Luther didn't agree with me on that, fine, he had good reason to hate the Catholic Church (something I'm pretty sure can't be said about Bachmann's church).

Overall, naming anyone as the antichrist is wrong because then we'll miss who it really is. The devil is trickier than we can imagine; if we think it's the papacy, then you bet it's going to be something else.

Plus, I'm kind of a pretribulationist, so I'm counting on getting out of here before something serious happens ;) :)

Post by Wendero has received Likes: 2 Chadballer, Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:21 am 
***** General

I'll take a protestant willing to stand for life and marriage who thinks I worship statues or what have you over a liberal protestant unwilling to stand for life and marriage who doesn't explicitly condemn my faith any day of the week. There's a liberal lutheran church near my parish. You can tell it's liberal based on their banners extolling their diversity (which to them probably means, "not just Germans, also Danes and Swedes!"). They wouldn't call the pope the antichrist but I bet some would call him a reactionary misogynist etc.; I'd rather have the former, at least I can wrap my mind around what that's getting at.

G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: Southern Doc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 pm 
Lieutenant General

"also danes and swedes" - that's funny :P but too true in many cases. The church I go to now, a presbyterian church in Ireland, is very very diverse. We have people from England, Scotland, US, Sweden (obviously), Nigeria, Poland, South Korea etc... :)

Best church I've ever visited. I'm swept away by how I can really feel God's presence there :) And all the people feel so real, like they really believe in God and they are so sincere and open. Not fake and plastic like the "holier-than-thou" church I used to go to in Sweden. I've learned more in one year at that church than I did in 10 years in my old church, it's like every sermon brings up some new aspect of something you'd never thought of before.

Anyway, enough with this shameless promotion of calvinist heresy ;)