Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:13 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
Seen this quote from a transcirpt from the Huckabee report. Wondered If Gov. was still pondering taking the plunge at a later date. Link and partial quote below.

Full story at..
http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2011/07/ ... rvativism/

Mike Huckabee had some words to say about his own non-candidacy, Chris Christie, and Rick Perry this week on his Thursday, July 21st, 2011 Huckabee Report broadcast:

A couple of months ago, I was under intense pressure to announce whether I planned to run for President. At the time, the pundits were saying that any serious candidate had to get into the race right away or it would be too late. Well they forget they are the only ones who want campaigns to drag on for for two years. I said then that it was possible the eventual GOP nominee might not even be in the race yet. Now, with summer more than halfway over, it’s still true.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I think we are all still hoping.

Plus on last night's show Huckabee wore the purple tie that he wore to the Republican National Convention. That was the special tie that Sarah Huckabee went and bought for her Dad to wear for all of us.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
If only that were true....I still say these are the worst batch of candidates I have ever seen. Perry is no better than the others. I really like Bachmann the best but, let's face it, she is just not ready for this.... so, it's Pawlenty by default...The American people will not put another inexperienced person in the WHITE HOUSE after the fiasco with Obama.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:31 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
nrobyar wrote:
If only that were true....I still say these are the worst batch of candidates I have ever seen. Perry is no better than the others. I really like Bachmann the best but, let's face it, she is just not ready for this.... so, it's Pawlenty by default...The American people will not put another inexperienced person in the WHITE HOUSE after the fiasco with Obama.

Im with you.. I leaning Bachmann, I just cant pull the trigger with Pawlenty. Perry makes me sick to my stomach, leaving me with Deja Vu.. Romney from the South.

Not one of these candidates can hold a candle to Huck. I think Huckabee most closely lines of up with Bachmann as far as where they sand on the issues... I know she cant debate like Huckabee, I know she doesnt have the charisma like Huckabee, or the Widson, or experiance.... But on issues, I believe she may be closest. Its like the old Pepsi commercial.. Aint nothin like the real thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:50 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Well, this could be the final signal that we were looking for, showing us that Huckabee will not be reconsidering for 2012:

from gop12.com twitter

Quote:
GOP12
Inbox: HuckPAC guy, Hogan Gidley, joins consulting firm working for Santorum

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:23 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
I'm very sad to hear Gidley joining Santorum. On the other hand, if Huckabee is reconsidering, I'm pretty sure he's doing it privately by himself, not talking to any advisors yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
Im going to try and get a FPP to post this, but wanted to post it here to get things rolling:

"This past Saturday, the official Ames Straw Poll ballot was set, and it included several surprises as far as who was not included. The ballot will be (in alphabetical order):

•Michele Bachmann
•Herman Cain
•Newt Gingrich
•Jon Huntsman
•Thad McCotter
•Ron Paul
•Tim Pawlenty
•Mitt Romney
•Rick Santorum

...But the bigger news that everyone was waiting on was the exclusion of Rick Perry and Sarah Palin from the ballot. As it turns out, the committee voting on the ballot was split down the middle as to whether or not to include Perry and Palin; it came down to a 5-5 vote. The tie was broken by Iowa GOP Chairman Matt Strawn, who made the decision not to include the two potential candidates.

The compromise that the Iowa GOP worked out was interesting, though. For the first time ever (to the best of my knowledge), the straw poll ballot include a spot for write-in votes. Prior to this year, write-in votes were not allowed at Ames and were discarded. Now, however, Perry and Palin fans can go to the poll and write in their preferred candidate. It remains to be seen how big of an impact any write in votes will have, but my guess is not very much. Of course, Strawn indicated in that he has already heard from people who said they will travel to Ames to write in Mike Huckabee’s name.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm 
Major

What?! This is our chance! In 2007 there were 14,302 voters at Ames. GMH recieved 2587 votes, good enough for 2nd. This year Romney is not in Iowa for this poll so his numbers will great decrease. Palin and Perry aren't selections either although they could be written in just like GMH. The big difference is that Perry and Palin didn't run in 2007. They have no Iowa people. And neither of them are announcing before Ames. Mike would be the only guy receiving much attention in the write in votes.

2007 was the 2nd highest vote turnout at Ames ever. We can probably take away at least 3000 votes from that total. Mitt's people wont be there and there are alot of people who don't like any of the candidates. Lets say then that there are 11,000 votes total.

Everyone expects Bachmann and Paul to finish in the top 3. TPAW could be in that mix and so could Cain...but Cain supporters would flock back to Huckabee if there was a write-in campaign for Huck. Romney will still get some support, but not top 5. Santorum will also get some evangelical support.

So lets say that Bachmann, Paul, and TPAW finish 1-3 in that order. There is a good chance they take 70% of the vote between the 3 of them (based on 2007 polling). This leaves only 30% for the other 5 candidates plus write ins. If GMH could somehow capture about 8-10% of the total, it would be a sure fire 4th place in a poll he wasnt listed on for a race he isnt running in! That means if he can get about 900 votes he'd take 4th. If TPAW really is doing as poorly as some say, GMH might take 3rd with 10-12% of the vote.

So what happens now? Where do we go from here? Can a ground effort be formed for a write-in campaign in less than 3 weeks? Can someone explain how the Ames voting even works (who gets to vote?).

Lets do this!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
Wouldn't that be something........for G.H. to WIN the Iowa straw poll on write-in votes! Is it unrealistic to imagine that a pedal to the metal write-in campaign led by our formidable Iowa grassroots Army could produce 5,000 votes?
Talk about sending a message to the GOP!
If there's anything that might cause him to reconsider - this would be it......

Post by steves has received Likes: 2 QuoVadisAnima, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
How many votes did the first place winner of Ames get last time?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:11 pm 
Major

Mitt won it last time with 4516 last time. GMH took 2nd with only 2587. I would have to assume 30% of the vote would take 1st. It would have EASILY last time. Iowans can pay $30 to vote in the poll. 3000 votes would be about 30% id say. So all we need is $90K right? :) Im in Illinois but id send $30 to an iowan to vote for GMH! This needs to get posted as a topic to itself and we need to get people fired up. Are there facebook pages it can be posted on?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:54 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
karrboy84 wrote:
Mitt won it last time with 4516 last time. GMH took 2nd with only 2587. I would have to assume 30% of the vote would take 1st. It would have EASILY last time. Iowans can pay $30 to vote in the poll. 3000 votes would be about 30% id say. So all we need is $90K right? :) Im in Illinois but id send $30 to an iowan to vote for GMH! This needs to get posted as a topic to itself and we need to get people fired up. Are there facebook pages it can be posted on?

Me too!