Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Quote:
July 25, 2011
Cain Campaign Winding Down? [UPDATED]

Herman Cain was supposed to make an appearance on the Colbert Report this Thursday night. He canceled.

Cain was also supposed to give the keynote speech at the Fayette County (Iowa) Republican Picnic on August 6. He canceled that, too.

And these cancellations come on the heels of a canceled speaking event in Cedar Falls, Iowa as well.

So what is The Herman Cain up to? It seems to me like he’s seen the writing on the wall. Without a victory or at least a surprising second place finish at Ames, he’s pretty well done. He’s watched his base of tea partiers get snatched away by Michele Bachmann. He was left with only $400,000 cash on hand at the beginning of this month – not enough to make a strong run at or after the straw poll. His flavor-of-the-month status has simply expired via a combination of self-inflicted wounds and external events.

It doesn’t cost hardly anything to give a speech. Or appear on the Colbert Report. For a lower tier candidate looking to make a few headlines and get noticed again, giving a keynote address would be a low cost / high reward proposition. Which tells me Herman Cain is about ready to fold up shop. You don’t cancel events like these — and three of them in a short period to boot – if you still are planning on making a go of it.

So my prediction? Herman Cain will stay in until the day after the Ames Straw Poll, then drop out and endorse Mitt Romney.

Cain will likely finish fourth or fifth at the straw poll. (Bachmann, Pawlenty, and Paul will finish in some order at the top; Cain and Santorum will fight it out for fourth and fifth place.) There’s no sense in soldiering on after that. He endorsed and supported Mitt Romney in 2008, saying Romney had the best leadership abilities and the “leadership qualities the United States needs.” Cain went on to note that “Romney’s leadership credentials offer the best hope for a leader with substance, and the best hope for a good President who could turn out to be great.”

I have to be honest: when Cain first announced he was running for President, I never, ever thought he would do as well as he has. I severely underestimated him. He played a great role in the beginning of this primary season. His inexperience ultimately did him in and allowed the opening that Michele Bachmann filled.

As he folds up his tent and prepares to walk back to his successful life as a columnist and radio host, I wish him the best of luck and thank him for everything he’s done and is doing to advance conservative principles in America. It was a better run than anyone expected, Herman. You can be proud of that.

UPDATE: It has been suggested that these three cancellations are merely typical scheduling conflicts inherent in campaigning. A quick look at Herman Cain’s calendar, however, quickly proves otherwise. For instance:

Total number of campaign events to be held on the day of the canceled Colbert appearance: 0
Total number of campaign events to be held on the day of the canceled keynote speech (!): 0

In fact, we can even take this further than just those two days. Herman Cain held zero campaign events today. He has none planned for tomorrow, just one planned for Wednesday, none planned for Thursday (as noted above), and one planned for Friday. That is just two campaign events all week. Doesn’t exactly sound like an “in demand” candidate to me. After just two events this weekend, he has none on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday next week, either.

Sorry to say, these cancellations certainly are not due to scheduling conflicts. They are due to a candidate who knows his time is beginning to draw to a close.

Cain’s campaign events calendar can be found here.
by Matt Coulter @ 8:49 pm. Filed under Herman Cain

http://race42012.com/2011/07/25/cain-campaign-winding-down/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
That does sound like he has seen the writing on the wall.

However, I will be sorely disappointed in, no, make that downright disgusted by Cain if he endorses Romney again after the things he has said against him (& rightly so) while campaigning.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
Looks like we will have no FairTax candidate unless someone changes his mind, and that will be severely dissapointing. As if things could get any worse.

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:29 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I originally liked Cain and thought he did great at the first debate but since then he has really been underwhelming. Now I'm back to square one with no candidate.