Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Still haven't made a decision who to support, but you don't have to support him to enjoy this interview Pawlenty did on CNN. The host tried her hardest to defend Obama, but he wasn't having any of it. She appeared to be flustered and he just kept sticking it to her. He may not be doing too great in Iowa according to some (although he seems to be picking up steam from what I've observed with this Huckabee-like townhall trip around the state), but looks much better in Ohio according to their straw poll. As for the gay marriage part, he could have been stronger, in my opinion. "Elevated" seems to be his key word. But I loved the first part of the interview.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:16 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
I think he did a great job in this interview and the one on CBS. I have been tweeting with Tony Perkins, and he said he is very satisfied with his positions in both interviews!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Don't get your hopes up, Maxine. I bet the same "Christian" leaders like Perkins will back the "marriage and life are state's rights" candidate, Rick Perry. They will back another fake conservative this time around just they they backed the fake in 2008, Mitt Romney.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:53 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Perry will also have the full backing of the globalists. This has been one of their possible plans all along. They always plan for contingencies so if Perry crashes they probably have someone else lined up, or more likely, they will get one of the others
behind them. Most politicians will sell out for money or are already vulnerable to blackmail.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

You're probably right, Lori, but I don't really have any hopes built up. For now, however Tpaw is my favorite of the ones who are in the field. I suppose his "lack of charisma" doesn't make that much difference since I have learned to realize that some of the most effective evangelists are not necessarily the loudest ones. Actually, I never did consider Ronald Reagan all that Charismatic other than the time he said, "Tear that wall down." lol!! One thing for sure, none of them are gonna be as good as Gov. Huckabee, but we can only deal with the hand we are dealt. :)

Post by mxnwilson Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
If the election were tomorrow I'd vote Pawlenty.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I never thought of Reagan as charismatic - he just talked like a regular human being instead of the usual politispeak garbage, so I was able to sit & listen to him. Huckabee has the same gift. Pawlenty does not have the gift.

Still, if the election were held today, I would vote for Pawlenty as he comes the closest to the experienced executive leadership our country needs right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:04 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
I'm another one that would vote for him if the election were tomorrow. Along with my husband and my daughter. I do know that a friend of mine from MN likes him. She's a conservative voter who is very pessimistic about politicians in general (she bought the ethics accusations against Huckabee because they fit her paradigm). She said he was a good governor who took the state in the right direction. She's actually a very low income person with MS and no health insurance that doesn't want government health care. I wouldn't vote for him on her say so alone but it does add some credibility to his candidacy. Again, I would prefer Huckabee but at this point he's not running so....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:01 pm 
***** General

I wonder how many people are supporting the candidates who spark fireworks in the polls, but will go with the unattractive, but solid experience candidate when it comes down to brass tacks? Perhaps we'll find out in the Straw Poll...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:43 pm 
***** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I wonder how many people are supporting the candidates who spark fireworks in the polls, but will go with the unattractive, but solid experience candidate when it comes down to brass tacks? Perhaps we'll find out in the Straw Poll...

It's a good question. At this point I'm a McCotter supporter and a Pawlenty voter, so I'm an example of that. :)

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:53 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
mxnwilson wrote:
You're probably right, Lori, but I don't really have any hopes built up. For now, however Tpaw is my favorite of the ones who are in the field. I suppose his "lack of charisma" doesn't make that much difference since I have learned to realize that some of the most effective evangelists are not necessarily the loudest ones. Actually, I never did consider Ronald Reagan all that Charismatic other than the time he said, "Tear that wall down." lol!! One thing for sure, none of them are gonna be as good as Gov. Huckabee, but we can only deal with the hand we are dealt. :)

I would also vote for Pawlenty if the election were held today. I would be tempted to write in Huckabee, though that would be a lost vote. Ronald Reagan was perhaps not charismatic as much as he was considered sensible, inspiring, and of good character. A politician people could respect and trust. Sounds a great deal like Gov. Huckabee, but we do not have that choice (the best possible candidate) at the time.
:balling

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:58 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
Been away for a bit, but wanted to stop in and post. Not long after the Huckabee announcement I posted that I was leaning toward Pawlenty as my first choice. I felt (and still feel) that he is the only one that can be elected who is for the common man and not in the pocket of big business. My problem though is how Pawlenty has conducted his campaign. Of course there was the missed chance to go after Romney on his Healthcare bill in that debate, and the overall dull performance. But what really upset me was the direction his campaign took right after Sarah Huckabee came on board. I'm not saying she was responsible, but it seemed a little too much to be coincidence.

Right around that time he started attacking Bachman. Now I'm not a big Bachman fan, but I thought this was completely the wrong direction to go. Where I felt he needed to get more aggressive is with Romney. Bachman is so easy of a target that it looks like you're picking on her and just piling on with the rest of the mainstream media. On the other hand Mitt was getting away with doing and saying nothing and just trying to coast into the nomination. Thankfully a few picked up on this and have called Romney out on his complete lack of leadership. He has adopted the Obama Strategy of "Leading from Behind." I mean it is so bad that I have even been considering voting for Perry. And if Pawlenty doesn't step up, and I'm forced to choose between Perry and Romney then I'll have to choose Perry.

We'll see how things go in the next debate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
WalterCan wrote:
Been away for a bit, but wanted to stop in and post. Not long after the Huckabee announcement I posted that I was leaning toward Pawlenty as my first choice. I felt (and still feel) that he is the only one that can be elected who is for the common man and not in the pocket of big business. My problem though is how Pawlenty has conducted his campaign. Of course there was the missed chance to go after Romney on his Healthcare bill in that debate, and the overall dull performance. But what really upset me was the direction his campaign took right after Sarah Huckabee came on board. I'm not saying she was responsible, but it seemed a little too much to be coincidence.

Right around that time he started attacking Bachman. Now I'm not a big Bachman fan, but I thought this was completely the wrong direction to go. Where I felt he needed to get more aggressive is with Romney. Bachman is so easy of a target that it looks like you're picking on her and just piling on with the rest of the mainstream media. On the other hand Mitt was getting away with doing and saying nothing and just trying to coast into the nomination. Thankfully a few picked up on this and have called Romney out on his complete lack of leadership. He has adopted the Obama Strategy of "Leading from Behind." I mean it is so bad that I have even been considering voting for Perry. And if Pawlenty doesn't step up, and I'm forced to choose between Perry and Romney then I'll have to choose Perry.

We'll see how things go in the next debate.

Good to have you back, WalterCan!

I am sorry to hear this. The more I have seen and heard of Pawlenty's ideas and experience the more he seems like a good candidate. Of course, none come up to Huckabee's level, in my mind :( I admire Bachman, too, and think the attacks on her by the liberal media are grossly unfair. But I have just not seen too much that is beyond the expected put-downs of opponents. That is one thing that Gov. Huckabee hated about politics--having to attack your friends! Could you give us an example? I guess I have missed the attacks you mention from Pawlenty's camp.

One would hope conservatives would be above personal attacks and spreading untruths.

Meanwhile, Romney seems to be keeping so low-profile that he does not draw attacks, probably for good reason. He is counting on the more conservative candidates to do his work for him. He does not want his record examined, especially the fact that Romneycare is so like Obamacare and that he is weak on social conservative issues of life and traditional marriage. Meanwhile, Bachman is surging in the polls and therefore Pawlenty must feel he needs to counteract this somehow. The ads I have seen by the Pawlenty camp were quite good and attacked the problem, not the opponent. But you must know about some of the internal problems or other ads that are not fair, WalterCan. Could you share those?

It is indeed hard to run a political race without resorting to attacks that too often get out of hand and become personal. Republicans do not need this divisiveness. Vertical politics anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:45 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Walter Can,

I would not like such attacks either if those rumors were actually true. Of course there have been several statements issued by both Pawlenty and Bachmann that may appear as attacks and have certainly been reported by the media as such, but this interview in which Simon Conway apologized to Tpaw says more than I ever could. I will also try to find a link to an article in which Michele Bachmann "attacks" Pawlenty in some statements that were later proved to be false.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/60267.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:24 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Okay, I have found the link to the article in which Bachmann had given three different statements about Pawlenty that were proven to be entirely false. There was only one statement in which Tpaw had given on Bachmann, and that was the one in which he had stated that her record was "non existent." So, I would say that these statements are for the most part answers to questions that have been asked by the reporters. Also, in that New Hampshire debate, all the candidates were given opportunities to challenge Romney on his flip flopping on the abortion issue and all passed up the opportunity. It seemed as though they had all decided before the debate to focus only on attacking President Obama.

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2 ... tatements/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:12 pm 
Lieutenant General

When I use the word attack it can mean a legitimate confrontation of your opponent or it could be a personal attack. So attack by itself just means in my mind being aggressive. I should have clarified this. Right after Sarah Huckabee came on board the campaign seemed to be the time that Pawlenty focused on Bachman and went after her on experience. That's a legitimate "attack" on her experience or lack thereof. So my issue is not with the nature of what was said, but the person he chose to focus on. Choosing to focus on Bachman showed me that the campaign was looking for an easy way to get back in the race.

As I said in my earlier post they probably just looked at the polls and how Bachman was surging in Iowa and decided the best thing to do was go after her support in hopes that support would come to him. In my view a serious long-term analysis of the race would indicate that the best course of action was to start becoming aggressive toward Romney. I still feel that is the case, and there is still time to get the campaign on track. They need to stop looking for the easy answers and the easy targets.

The one thing I saw where Pawlenty took what appeared to be a cheap shot on Bachman was in regards to the news about her headaches. He made a statement right afterward that to the effect that the President has to be ready at all times. I don't think anything should have been said, and again it indicated to me that the campaign was looking for a shortcut to votes rather than doing the hard work of taking on Romney and the establishment.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:33 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

WalterCan,
Although I'm not in any way trying to change your mind on your opinion, I feel there is a need to present the other side of this matter. Gov. Pawlenty has clarified his response to a reporter after being asked his opinion on this.. I think it would have been very unwise for any opposing candidate to exploit this leak to the media as they know how the media would spin it. On the Greta show the other night, she confronted Pawlenty on his remarks. He stated that he was referring to ALL the candidates who would have to overcome certain health challenges and not necessarily Michele Bachmann. I personally don't believe any of the candidates would exploit this possibility and especially Pawlenty since his own mother died when he was only a teenager.

Now as far as the competitive arguments between Bachman and Pawlenty, I think it pertains more to the fact that both are in a tight race competing to be the winner of the Iowa Straw Poll. After that, I feel that all will be focused on Mitt Romney since he is still the front runner--plenty of time to target him. I'm not sure where the idea that Sarah Huckabee is playing a role on the Bachmann competition, as I have been following her on Twitter for a long time, and she has never tweeted any negative comments on any of the candidates.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:34 pm 
***** General

I don't see why Bachmann is an easy target; she's at the top of the pile, it comes with the territory. I think Pawlenty might be trying to take the Romney-alt position so ergo he goes after Bachmann. Once he's in her position then he can go after Romney voters more effectively.

G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:59 pm 
Lieutenant General

I'm not saying for certain that Sarah was the person behind the strategy to target Bachman. It could have been pure coincidence that at the same time she came on board is when the Pawlenty campaign started targeting Bachman in their remarks. Whoever made the decision to do this is wrong in my opinion, and to be honest I see it is very amateurish. It's looking at the race from a very narrow and superficial perspective.

Bachman didn't rise in the polls because people are very excited about her being President. She rose in the polls because there was a political vacuum to be filled, and she filled it. Iowa voters were looking for a person with strong conservative values and someone who had some fight in them. Cain was slipping, and she was probably seen as the default person to go to at the time. The answer is not to try and take her down but to show the voters looking for that alternative that you are the one that can take up their cause and fight for the values they believe need to be fought for.

In all honesty I have seen a lot of mistakes in the Pawlenty campaign. As for the remarks on the headaches, anyone should know that anything you say after the media frenzy on that issue that it is going to get used in that regard. You've got to be smart about what you say. I'm not sure I buy into the thought that "it applied to all candidates." But regardless, if Pawlenty wants to get back in this race he's going to have to make some changes or he could be out even before the Iowa Caucus starts.

Again, I still think that out of all that are in the race that Pawlenty is one of the few that could make some real changes and be an effective President for the conservative cause. I think electing Romney could actually set the Conservative cause back by at least 10 years, and Perry concerns me as being another George Bush. Bush and Perry may mean well and honestly try to do the right thing, but the establishment is going to put their people around them and most major policy decisions are going to be decided by the elite power players. Pawlenty could be the exception, but I fear he could be one of those in a long list of history who had potential and burned out before they ever got started.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:47 pm 
***** General

While I agree with a lot of your perspective, believe me when I tell you that Perry is not Dubya - as I've said before, he's more like Romney but with street smarts. He is the king of political expedience and would definitely be status quo RINO politics - definite setback.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: juditupp