Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
While a relatively few demonstrators protesting outside Reliant Stadium, inside it is a powerful movement not expected by most of the news media. The youth have turned out in force. It is estimated that over 50,000 calling for revival in America.

Just now, you may wish to catch a little of the speaking and praying at the webcast:
http://www.theresponse.com

Pretty awesome stuff!

Post by justgrace Liked by: GrannyT
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
I've been taking the opportunity to join in fasting and prayer for our country today. I just listened to Gov. Perry's address and prayer. You can find it here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/und ... _blog.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Sorry to be glib, but since they're in Reliant, I hope some of them sent a few prayers to the stadium's team. We need it.

But here in central Tex we're three hours from Houston. Dallas is fourish hours from Houston. Wonder how many made the drive there. Though of course there's four million plus people in greater Houston metro to draw from.

Maybe someone from HA was there.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

I probably need to change the title. The official number is over 30,000. Also, there were over 80,000 hits on the webcast live stream.

It sounds like there were bus and van loads of youth that came. I must say I was quite touched by the love and enthusiasm of these young people for Christ Jesus.

Here are some tweets at The Response:

Billy Humphrey1 wrote: The Response USA is the most diverse prayer mtg Ive ever been to. Secret Service, elected officials, every race, denomination, & 1000s of ppl

Gov Perry addresses the stadium that he called to prayer, "I love this country. The only thing I love more is Jesus Christ."

I wish you could see what I see. This is the Body of Christ here to honor the name of Jesus. Luis Cataldo, Director of the Response

Gov Sam Brownback leads in prayer, "Heal our land by Your grace, Lord."

Hate nothing but sin.
Fear nothing but God.

J. Robinson: God is here.

Also, I love the cry of the youth of this nation to overturn abortion on demand:

We survived Roe;
Roe won't survive us!

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, Peter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
I've been taking the opportunity to join in fasting and prayer for our country today. I just listened to Gov. Perry's address and prayer. You can find it here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/und ... _blog.html

For some reason, I can't get the video clip to come up on the page?

We participated in our home as well, joining our prayers & sacrifices to everyone else's for our country. It went pretty well - and God allowed us lots of little trials throughout the day to offer up! :wink:

I couldn't miss the discrete little digs they made at Perry such as:
Quote:
Texas Governor Rick Perry, expected to make a decision about a potential 2012 presidential run within the next two weeks, gave a speech and prayer at his revival rally in Houston Saturday.

and
Quote:
With the cadence of a charismatic preacher, Perry read from the Old and New Testaments before delivering a final prayer.

Our local news said that there were over 30K at Reliant also. They emphasized that the majority of evangelicals who attended were supportive of Perry & would likely vote for him - they discussed it only from the political angles, repeated about the small handful of protestors two or three times, & seemed to be making the implication that this was a covert political rally despite all the efforts taken to keep it neutral. Disappointing.

And what bothers me most of all is that I do hope that our fellow Christians are not so easily manipulated as this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

I do not have a link for this since it was an email, but I think Joel Rosenberg would be happy for you all to read his impression of the Call to Prayer event.

Quote:
"WE NEED ANOTHER DUNKIRK": 30,000+ TURN OUT TO PRAY & FAST FOR AMERICA AND ISRAEL

By Joel C. Rosenberg
(Houston, Texas, August 7, 2011) -- The year was 1940. The moment was one of the darkest in the history of the English people. More than 300,000 British troops suddenly found themselves pinned down in northern France. Nazi forces were bearing down on them. The Brits didn't have enough ammunition or supplies. At any moment, Hitler's forces would launch a ferocious attack. The Brits faced imminent annihilation. Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his advisors thought at best the navy could rescue 20,000 to 30,000 before it was too late. Others feared even that might not be possible. And the stakes couldn't have been higher. If so many forces were wiped out, Hitler and the Nazis would invade the British Isles -- and win.

So the King of England called for a national day of prayer. That Sunday, an estimated 70 percent of the British people showed up at churches all over the country. They begged for the Lord's mercy on their fathers and sons, and for their national survival. And the Lord heard those heartfelt prayers and responded with what became known as "the miracle at Dunkirk." Hitler inexplicably delayed giving his generals the order to finish off the Brits. A great storm over Germany prevented Nazi planes from being able to take off. The British people quickly assembled some 900 fishing boats, yachts, trawlers, and other private and government vessels, and began ferrying the troops of the French beaches and back to England a few at a time. By the grace of God, nearly a third of a million souls were saved as a result, as was the British nation.

"We need another Dunkirk," said Dr. James Dobson at Saturday's national day of prayer in Houston as he recounted the famous story and called American Christians to devote themselves to prayer and fasting. "God answers prayer." He is absolutely right.

What an encouraging day during such a discouraging week. Against the backdrop of a severe financial crisis and near-crippling political gridlock in Washington, the S&P's first-ever downgrade of American debt, the increasing prospect of a double-dip recession, and the terrible tragedy of the murder of 30 American special forces heroes in Afghanistan -- including operators from the Navy's SEAL Team Six -- more than 30,000 Americans gathered peaceably here yesterday to pray for the Lord to have mercy on our country. They joined together with evangelical Christians gathered at some 1,300 satellite viewing locations in all 50 states. They implored the Lord to spare us from the judgment our many sins deserve. They pleaded with the Lord to pour out His Holy Spirit and give us a Third Spiritual Awakening. They chose, too, to pray for the Lord to bless the State of Israel and the Jewish people, and prayed faithfully and passionately for the peace of Jerusalem.

"The Response" was no ordinary prayer meeting. Personally, I've never been to anything like it, and I was blessed by every minute of it. There were no political speeches. No entrance fees. No offering. No fund-raising appeal. No merchandise sold. No light show. No entertainment of any kind. This was simply seven straight hours of prayer and fasting, heartfelt contrition and repentance, Bible reading from the Book of Joel and many other Scriptures, and wonderful worship - both modern praise songs and beloved hymns - with every generation represented along with so many races and ethnic backgrounds. Let's do more of this.

Some evangelicals were critical of "The Response." They urged people not to attend because they have serious and fundamental theological differences with some of those involved in the event. A few emailed me and urged me not to participate. I heard those concerns and I have strong disagreements with some of the participants, too. But the truth is the vast majority of organizers and participants of this prayer meeting were theologically, morally and ethically solid evangelical, Bible believing followers of Jesus Christ. They included some trusted friends and allies that I have worked with over the years like Dr. James Dobson and Shirley Dobson, Vonette Bright of Campus Crusade for Christ, Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council, Pastor Greg Matte of Houston's First Baptist, Penny Nance of Concerned Women for America, Don Wildmon of the American Family Association, among others. Such men and women see the grave crises facing our country. They believe and faithfully teach that the Bible offers the only answers. Together with the governor of an important state, they called the country to pray based on the Scriptures. And many -- including the media -- paid attention. How often does that happen? How often do government leaders stand with believers and call meetings for prayer and fasting for the rescue of America and the blessing of Israel based on the Lord's commands in the Book of Joel? How often do 30,000 American believers gather not for entertainment but simply to fast, pray and worship all day long? Yes, some feared the event was going to be political. But it wasn't. Yes, some feared what would be said or done would be theologically off base. But it wasn't. I know because I was there. I wish even more had been there, too. We need more pastors and ministry leaders to teach and follow the Book of Joel, not fewer. We need more officials to call for prayer and fasting and to be encouraged for doing so, not fewer.

I'm grateful to Texas Governor Rick Perry for helping call for this event to take place, for encourging people from all over the country to participate, for standing his ground against intense liberal and atheist opposition and even a federal lawsuit (which was dismissed), and for speaking and praying at the event despite many calls for him not to do so. Kansas Governor Sam Brownback deserves credit for coming and speaking, as does Florida Governor Rick Scott for participating by video, and Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-TX) for attending in person, as well.

More details, including some of the Scriptures that were cited at the event, are on the blog. Also links to key headlines like:

* Earthquakes rocks Israel
* More than 300,000 Israelis protest cost of living increases
* Taliban downs U.S. helicopter