Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Live from Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Those are great pictures Shelley. Thanks for sharing!

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: justgrace
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
ConservTexan wrote:
Those are great pictures Shelley. Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome! I know Grace has some too....can't wait to see them :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:27 pm 
***** General

justgrace wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Quote:
Huckabee at the straw poll: ‘America needs Iowa to happen’

Josh Hafner

1:23 PM, Aug 13, 2011
Mike Huckabee, former Arkansas governor and 2008 Iowa caucus winner, softly plucked a bass guitar while candidate and gospel singer Herman Cain bellowed what could be his campaign’s anthem:

“Hold on just a little while longer/Everything’s going to be all right.”

Huckabee stopped by Cain’s Iowa Straw Poll tent today (wearing a Fox News press badge) to perform to a big crowd after jamming with Michigan Congressman Thad McCotter that morning.

Huckabee came out of nowhere to take second in the 2007 straw poll, a shock that helped bolster his campaign toward caucus victory. His Huck PAC has a tent at on the grounds today, but Huckabee said he came out to show his support for the entire GOP field.

“They believe the right things,” he said. “I love them, and whoever it is (that gets the nomination), they’re going to have my support.”

After slinging his guitar off his neck and exiting Cain’s tent, Huckabee said that Iowa is and should be critical of the presidential election process.

“Candidates don’t just come here and pop in and make a speech and collect 35,000 a plate and leave,” he said. “They’ve got to sit and talk to people and they’ve got to answer tough questions, and America needs Iowa to happen.”

Yet for all of the importance that Hucabeek placed on the state’s role, he offered cautionary advice for today’s straw poll winner.

“Don’t assume what happened in the straw poll is tantamount to winning the caucus,” he said. “You’ve got to go from here to build on it. It’s a platform. It’s not a determination point.”

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2 ... to-happen/

We Team Huck members were kept SO BUSY meeting Iowans stopping by the beautiful Huck PAC booth that was created by Randy Davis that I never made it to any of the other tents of the candidates.

My husband loved the Iowa Straw Poll! He was going to go to the Iowa State Fair but he never made it there on Saturday. It was too much fun and too interesting seeing all the hoopla and (truth be told) going from candidate to candidate's tent and taking advantage of free food. Pawlenty had too long a line but I think had barbeque beef. My hubby said that Michelle Bachman not only won the poll vote but also the food contest. I would hate to see the food bill!!! She served some sort of roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy stack in a bowl, topped with a cherry tomato to make it look like a sundae, with ice cream cups for dessert. Hubby brought Shelley and me hot dogs and juice pack from Ron Paul and the energy group. Hubby kept us supplied with Herman Cain's Godfather's pizza. and fruit pops from the McCotter campaign.

No, it wasn't all about food! :wink:

Just about.

But Michelle came in first with food, too. The lines at the Santorum and Pawlenty campaign were too long so we didn't taste theirs. I got tickled that one guy came by and asked where Huckabee's Arkansas watermelon was that he had in the 2007 Iowa Straw Poll. I answered that we had the water but not the melon! And Shelley kept me busy refilling the big tub of water bottles on ice and keeping the candy buckets filled! :wink:

The biggest candy consumers were not the Huckabee fans! Huck people are so polite and sweet and a few even asked, "May I have some of this candy (or water)?" They were the sweetest fans I know. Even Janet Huckabee told us several times thank-you for going the extra mile and being the last to fold up the booth. We stayed until almost six when the results of the poll were announced and every person who wanted to sign up for the Huckabee book drawing had stopped by.

Shelley is a great organizer and a sweetie! And I'll tell you more about some other Huck fans pretty soon. Stopping for dinner in Omaha!

Grace - be sure and thank your husband for keeping me fed throughout the day! He was soooo thoughtful!

Post by Steadfast Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:48 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I wanted to mention that it was so great to finally meet Janelles and get one of her famous hugs and also NavyQueen and her wonderful, hard-working girls and husband. They hung around the whole day and passed out hundreds of registrations for a free Huckabee book drawing, as well as giving out information cards and answering questions. I had great visits with Kelli and thank her for the little break walking around. Also, it was great to meet Janelle's sister and friend. There is an instant comraderie and friendship among Huckabee supporters. It really doesn't surprise me.

I think HuckPAC gave out around ten books and a few T-shirts. By about one o'clock we ran out of water, ice, and the nice oval Huck stickers everyone seemed to be wearing around the grounds!

Also, BD Bopper, your name was mentioned by someone asking where you were this year! You were missed.

It was great to also meet Loretta (thanks for the birthday cake for Sarah (Huckabee) etc., Barbie (praying together), Sandra, and Randy M (a great worker). I know I am missing some. It was great to meet Hogan Gidley (thanks, Shelley, for the introductions), Lori, Randy D and his wife, and of course best of all to greet Governor Huckabee and his wife, Janet.

Shelley, tell me who I am missing?? I will try and get the photos up today. Also, I missed viewing the Huckabee Show on television :( because we were on the road, etc.. I only found the first portion with Michelle Bachmann on YouTube. Can we get copies from Fox News?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:32 am 
***** General

Attachment:
File comment: NavyQueen and family all the way from Nebraska!
141.JPG
141.JPG [ 64.75 KiB | Viewed 538 times ]

Post by Steadfast Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
Great photos! I was hoping to catch Huckabee's show last night, but they didn't rereun it for some reason.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:51 am 
Major

Liked: 90
Thanks to everyone who posted pics! These are awesome. Saddens me again that Huck isn't running when he obviously has alot of support. Fun to hear about all the action anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Miserere wrote:
Great photos! I was hoping to catch Huckabee's show last night, but they didn't rereun it for some reason.

I know the feeling! I stayed up until 10 pm for the Huckabee show but John Stoessel was on instead. And then I set the alarm for 2 am and again it was Stoessel. :-(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 pm 
Captain

Liked: 29
justgrace wrote:
Miserere wrote:

I know the feeling! I stayed up until 10 pm for the Huckabee show but John Stoessel was on instead. And then I set the alarm for 2 am and again it was Stoessel. :-(

Fun to see the photos. How cool you all could meet! I looked for the Huckabee show on Sunday, too. :(