Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:25 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
It's time for a break!

I want to leave you for now with one of my favorite photos. You will see why if you look carefully. I had to chuckle because this must be a "sign"! Remember the to-do in the media about the "floating cross" on one of Huckabee's campaign ads in 2008? It was really the framework of a bookcase behind him.

Well, I like this hidden message, which I know was not intended, but Oh well!

"Running for President" appears just to the left of Michael R.'s ear! :wink: It is a sign in the booth next to HuckPAC.

Attachments:
63560085.jpg [282.2 KiB]
Downloaded 244 times

Post by justgrace Liked by: ConservTexan
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:03 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
LOL! I love that floating message!

...interestingly - that the gal working that booth next door came over near the end of the day and told me that she was truly impressed because our booth was hoppin' all day long....

hey!....it's all about the "product" and "message"....and at the center of why we were at the straw poll...a man of integrity with a message that resonates with "the folks!"

Grace - wonderful pics....what a day! I wish every member of Huck's Army had the opportunity to do an event like this. Every time I get together with folks who support Gov. Huckabee it confirms that he has the BEST supporters around. This man told us all that he is not running for prez, yet people drove/flew to Iowa from Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, California and Kansas to help promote his PAC/message. I think that says a lot.

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 2 GrannyT, justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:23 am 
Major

Liked: 90
Wow, these pics were all so great. I dont know what will happen over the next 4 years, or even over the next 4 months....but I think im ready to committ some time to Iowa if/when Huck ends up running...even if we win this year and its in 2020. Thanks for the pics!

Post by karrboy84 Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:25 am 
Major General

Liked: 54
I have been reticent to express my thoughts on whether or not Huckabee will run for president in 2012 because, well, my thoughts are just my thoughts. But, as things are unfolding, I have raised my guess to a 50/50 chance compared to my former 40/60 that I had following his announcement not to run back in May.

At the beginning of this year and even a few months before that, Huckabee was being asked every day when and if he would enter. It was really quite annoying. His response was a consistent, “My race, my pace,” along with frequent suggestions that if he entered it would be later rather than earlier. At that time I was thinking July through November, even with my personal preference for the very latest period possible. My thinking was that he could essentially get paid to “campaign” and shape the discussion while avoiding months of pre-warfare attacks. By a late entrance he could much better assess Obama’s re-election potential, and remember, he consistently said that that was his only real criteria. He expressed no concern as to who else entered the race, it was solely on whether or not he felt he could actually win the White House.

I think all of these previous expressed sentiments still stand. Fox forced him to make a declaration back in May, and truthfully, it was to his advantage to do so. From January to then, he had been the frontrunner in the polls, and Obama’s minions were beginning to train their guns upon him. Huckabee was at the top and had no place to go but down. At that early stage it would be difficult to sustain such impressive strength through even the present, much less into the primaries and beyond.

On at least two occasions that I heard, when asked about his plans earlier this year, Huckabee brought up the fact that Bill Clinton did not get in the race until November and of course he went on to win. I think, in doing this, he was giving an indication that he might very well do something similar, and that it might even be a preferred and effective path.

Therefore, and considering the present and foreseeable economic state of the nation, I am raising my estimation of Huckabee’s entrance in the race for the White House officially to a 50/50 proposition. He may not know it yet, but I think that is about right. Further decline in our economic situation in the next couple of months will only cause me to raise that chance even higher. My guess is that if Huckabee is not already on the fence, he soon will be, and I don’t think it has anything to do with whoever else is in or might enter the race, even as Huckabee indicated earlier this year. If he enters he is going for the win, and if he enters he will be convinced that he can indeed win it all.

Post by byourCreator has received Likes: 6 ConservTexan, janelles, justgrace, karrboy84, QuoVadisAnima, Steadfast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:50 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Those are GREAT pictures!! It looks like so much fun. Looks like Team Huck/Huckabee was represented very well!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 92
Just noticed the floating cross type of pic...

There is a heart earring dangling from my Huckabee supporter ear....

Not one to call attention to my ears but will in this instance.

Post by janelles Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

janelles wrote:
Just noticed the floating cross type of pic...

There is a heart earring dangling from my Huckabee supporter ear....

Not one to call attention to my ears but will in this instance.

I never noticed. Thanks, janelles. Also, I noted the answer to the question, "Running for President" on the guys' t-shirts: Huck and Team Huck! :wink:

Post by justgrace Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:03 am 
Site Admin

Back to earth! I hope you do not mind more photos, because justgrace is not done. Hardly ever is this photo bug and Huckanut done. :wink:

Here is partly why Huckabee has so many fans. They love how friendly and approachable he is, almost as if you are the dearest of family members. We're "just folks," as we might say in the Midwest or South.

Attachments:
63560082.jpg [821.09 KiB]
Downloaded 161 times

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:06 am 
Site Admin

Randy Davis is a talented, much-loved member of Team Huck. And he is very creative. He made sure that Gov. Huckabee saw this new "book" cover.

Attachments:
63560080.jpg [938.7 KiB]
Downloaded 161 times

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:16 am 
Site Admin

Shelley has to get the Governor to sign more books for the drawing. She calls one person whose name is drawn every 20 minutes or so, and they eagerly stop by for their book at the HuckPAC booth.

Attachments:
63560079.jpg [756.99 KiB]
Downloaded 161 times

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:19 am 
Site Admin

And Loretta gets him to sign a quilt!

Attachments:
63560077.jpg [372.49 KiB]
Downloaded 271 times

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:25 am 
Site Admin

The ever-present reporters stop by the HuckPAC booth/tent. Finally, a fan gets impatient and yells, "Let us [the people] talk to him!" But Governor Huckabee takes every opportunity to talk to everyone, and he gives the reporters ready answers to questions I would have to research and ponder all day! He is one of the greatest spokespersons for conservative values at the Straw Poll! That is why he is there.

Attachments:
63560075.jpg [700.77 KiB]
Downloaded 271 times

Post by justgrace Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:01 am 
Site Admin

Well, I was wondering when it would happen. The board has reached the limit here with me! Quota of attachments met.

So, I may try to post the really good photos of the rest of the day on another thread. :wink:

But for now, ponder with me the reason Governor Huckabee came to the Iowa Straw Poll. I think it was to help conservative candidates, promote Huck PAC, meet and thank the people who have helped him, and help express conservative values in a friendly and convincing way. Obviously, he also came as a reporter, broadcaster, and show host for Fox News, too. He was on the Hannity show on Friday night at the Iowa State Fair, and then he conducted important interviews on his own live Huckabee show on Saturday night.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Awesome! Thank you, Grace, and everyone else who posted pictures - I love your smug mugs! So fun to have a window on the most important part of Ames! :wink:

I'm dying to know - how did Huck react to Randy Davis' book cover?

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Thanks for all the pictures!

I wish I could have been there. But the pictures are the next best thing!

What a great Huckafamily!

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Awesome! Thank you, Grace, and everyone else who posted pictures - I love your smug mugs! So fun to have a window on the most important part of Ames! :wink:

I'm dying to know - how did Huck react to Randy Davis' book cover?

Here is an email from Randy that he has given me permission to post here. He is swamped at the moment, so asked me to post it in answer to your question. Be sure to read the book titles at the bottom. As you can see in the picture, Mike loved it. It is one of my favorite all time photos. Not only does it show Mike's sense of humor and how tickled he was by it, but also the look on Randy's face when he is teasing, which he does a lot (two friends having a fun moment). Also, because my best Huckabee friend, Janelles is in the background with a big laugh also enjoying the moment. He wrote "To Randy - My best supporter in the world! Mike Huckabee" on the back of the book then gave him a hug.

Quote:
Just before the Straw Poll I made up a "spoof book cover" and put it around one of Governor Huckabee's actual books. When he came to the Huck PAC display that morning I asked him if he would sign something for me. He said "Sure- I'd love to." So I took this "book" from my brief case and said I had picked it up recently at Barnes and Noble...when he saw it he really laughed hard then he read the cover again a couple more times and laughed again. I used some of his former book titles in the red print at the bottom of the book cover. He then joked I better put it in a brown paper bag somewhere and said I was a troublemaker. :-)

I noticed he was writing more on the back of it than just his autograph....you can see the sequence of photos below. Janet also got a kick out of it and wanted me to show their daughter Sarah a little later in the day when she stopped by the booth.

Randy

P.S. This was a "joke" ....so don't let people think this is an actual book.

Attachment:
jokehuckbookA.dat.jpg
jokehuckbookA.dat.jpg [ 55.03 KiB | Viewed 1492 times ]

Attachment:
huckreaction.dat.jpg [51.57 KiB]
Downloaded 245 times

Attachment:
bearhug.jpg
bearhug.jpg [ 27.98 KiB | Viewed 1492 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Thank you so much for sharing that! I have tears in my eyes right now -- for multiple reasons...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Fantastic book cover. Love the hint that "doing the right thing" for Mike would be running for president.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:37 am 
Site Admin

[Thought I'd try to see if the "board" would let me add a few more photos to finish my journal. Thanks so much, IowaforHuckabee, for the terrific email and photos from Randy Davis! Great inside story! Also it is good to have a photo of the book with better resolution than my little camera provides.]

Barbie Miller (here with her husband and Janet Huckabee) helped start and run a national prayer team for Governor Huckabee's Presidential election. She and Amy Walker are a blessing!

We are winding down the busy day, and Barbie just led us in a prayer of thanks. Unfortunately, I did not get that wonderful picture as we joined hands and prayed in our huddle, but I trust God did! And that He heard our earnest pleas and words of thanksgiving for the day.

Attachments:
63560035.jpg [638.95 KiB]
Downloaded 207 times

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:12 am 
Site Admin

Not sure why the "board" will not allow me to post the rest of the photos here, but I think it has something to do with one person hogging too much of the space it takes here for photos! :wink:

But if I can find a way, I really want to post about 10 more photos of the rest of the day. These are some of my favorite photos, as we wind down the day, get pix with the Governor, and get a behind-the-scenes view of what a Huckabee FoxNews show, recorded live from Iowa, is like.

Any ideas?