Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:52 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I had a vague knowledge that Glenn Beck would be traveling in Israel, but this tells more.

Here is an Op-Ed in the Arutz7/IsraelNationalNews.com by Dr. Emmanuel Navon, a professor in Tel Aviv, founder of the Navon-Levy Group, and member of the Ariel Research Center for Defense and Communication, among many other titles.

It's hard to not agree with Beck's characterization of the UN...
I Stand with Glenn Beck

Quote:
The UN and the so-called human rights NGOs “have become bullies and grotesque parodies of the principles they pretend to represent. They criticize free nations and spare the unfree. They denounce nations like Israel and America, who have high standards for freedom, and leave alone nations that have no freedom at all. They are nearly comical in their double-standards. Whatever moral force they once had is spent.”

If those words of truth and common sense had been pronounced by Tzipi Livni, Israel’s mainstream media would be applauding. But since those words were pronounced by Glenn Beck near the Temple Mount during his “Restoring Courage” event last week, we are told that they reflect insanity and constitute an obstacle to peace.

The American NGO “Media Matters for America,” whose declared purpose is to “correct conservative misinformation in the U.S. media,” has consistently been on Glenn Beck’s case. Among Media Matters’ backers is George Soros who, incidentally, also gives money to J-Street. Media Matters has been instrumental in getting Beck fired from Fox News. [Other conservative conservatives, like Palin, Bachmann, and even Huckabee have felt their misinformation campaigns.]

In the US, the likes of Georges Soros are trying to silence Glenn Beck. In Israel, most journalists are at pains to describe him as a wacko who should be ignored.

Jonathan Lis from Ha’aretz called Beck’s event in Jerusalem last week a “circus” and he couldn’t hide his dismay at Beck’s decision to honor Rami Levy and the Mayor of Itamar.

Rami Levy was honored because his recently-opened supermarket in Gush Etzion provides a model of coexistence between Jews and Arabs, and because he donates food both to the orphans of the Fogel family and to Muslims during Ramadan.

As for the Mayor of Itamar, he was honored because it is in his town that the Fogel family was savagely murdered this past March. But since both Rami Levy’s model of coexistence and generosity and the tragedy of the Fogel family are beyond the “green line,” Ha’aretz has to treat them with scorn.

As for Tal Schneider from Israel’s business daily Globes, he called Beck an “extremist” because Beck opposes the establishment of a Palestinian state as well as the division of Jerusalem, and because he blames radical Islam for many of the world’s ills.[This sounds crazy, for a Jewish (presumably) analyst calling for the division of Israel's capital, Jerusalem!]

Most Israelis oppose the division of Jerusalem. Are they also “extremists”? And was Samuel Huntington an extremist for stating that “Islam has bloody borders”?

Jonthan Lis and Tal Schneider used similar words to express their distaste of Glenn Beck. Lis wrote that “an Israeli crowd would not have identified with Beck’s messages.” As for Schneider, he wrote that “Israelis, even when they tend to be right-wing, are deterred by the extremist messages of a foreign Christian.”
[So...liberal Jews believe Christians and right-wingers are the dangerous enemy, not the Muslim terrorist groups that want to destroy Israel??]

What Lis and Schneider mean by “Israeli” is the small social fringe that they represent: liberal, urban, and secular. But most Israelis are not WASPs (White Ashkenazi Sabra Paratroopers), and many of them actually do identify with Beck’s message. Tal Schneider has no problem with “the extremist messages of a foreign Christian” when the latter is named Jimmy Carter.[So, in Israel, they have liberals, too! ;-) ]

Jonathan Lis and Tal Schneider are not Glenn Beck’s only Israeli foes, of course. Those foes include strange bedfellows, such as Rabbi Yosef Shalom Eliashiv (the recognized leader of Ultra-Orthodox Lithuanian Judaism), and Yariv Oppenheimer (Director of the left-wing “Peace Now” movement).

Rabbi Eliashiv publicly expressed his opposition to Glenn Beck. Yariv Oppenheimer organized a small demonstration against him. By contrast, Rabbi Shlomo Riskin opened Beck’s event with a blessing.

Rabbi Riskin’s message was, in substance, the following: Zionism is the realization of God’s promise to the Jewish people and we should welcome Glenn Beck for proclaiming this truth to the world.

Rabbi Eliashiv believes that Zionism is a revolt against God. For Oppenheimer, Zionism has nothing to do with God.

For here is what Glenn Beck said: “My Israeli friends, I have a message: You must not lose hope. You must not lose confidence. You must have courage. And you must draw courage from the knowledge that you were led to this land by God. Not by the hand of any man, whether his name is Balfour or Truman, does Israel exist. Israel is here because the God of Abraham keeps His covenants.”

Except for the references to Balfour and Truman, this is, in substance, what Rashi says in his comment of Genesis’ first verse: that when the nations claim that the Jews stole the Land of Israel, the Jew’s only justification, ultimately, is that God created the world and granted the Land of Israel to the Jewish people.

This is the bottom line, this is what Glenn Beck said, and this is what really infuriates those who reject this vision.

“Condemn me. Target me” said Beck. “I will stand with Israel.” These are words of courage, which have cost Beck, and continue to cost him, dearly.

Standing with Glenn Beck, in Israel, can be costly as well. This is why so many Israeli journalists and academics, out of concern for their reputation and media approval, have been at pains to distance themselves from Beck.

I am not judging them, but let me make this clear: I stand with Glenn Beck.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/10553#.Tl4ma6iZs-0

I stand with Israel, too. They represent freedom and alliance with America. I do not stand with them because they have done right all the time. Nor against them because they crucified my Lord Jesus Christ; they only picture every sinner who "was there when they crucified my Lord." But they also provided the vehicle for prophecy, promise, and the Gospel--lineage of Jesus Christ. I would not blame the current Jews for past sins any more than I believe people should say I was guilty of America's history of enslaving blacks, because I am white. And I am trying not to turn a deaf ear to people who speak, even though they are not my favorite. I want to be fair, by God's grace.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:25 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Sorry, after the hit pieces Beck did against Huckabee (which I think had a lot to do with Huckabee's decision not to run), I will never support Beck again no matter what he does!!! :fingers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:37 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Vote For Truth wrote:
Sorry, after the hit pieces Beck did against Huckabee (which I think had a lot to do with Huckabee's decision not to run), I will never support Beck again no matter what he does!!! :fingers

Believe me, I understand! I agree that Beck is not trustworthy in his words against Huckabee. And I could not watch Beck for long on television because of that, as well as a certain arrogance. I changed the title here to reflect that this is a viewpoint, not that I endorse Beck or how he conducts himself.

The title here is the one the author of the article had, that he was standing with Beck. While I agree with Beck's stance this time, sometimes the messenger is as important as the message, and yes, that is a problem for Huckabee's fans with Beck. His misinformation about Huckabee has cost Beck some popularity and respect. And it is one of several blows that have unfairly hurt Governor Huckabee. :cry: Governor Huckabee is such a decent gentleman that he will not put on the gloves to go after fellow conservatives. But that doesn't seem to keep some of them from unfairly attributing viewpoints to him. Or trying to destroy him.

I thought it was interesting that the author of this piece linked Beck's "firing" with those who did not like a conservative message. We will perhaps never know for sure the reasons FoxNews let him go.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
I also feel that Glenn Beck's remarks about Gov. huckabee were not only false, but also appalling. I definitely think Beck needs to apologize if he ever expects to be effective in his endeavors.

I also have a hard time supporting a couple of candidates for GOP nominee because of their uncalled for actions against Huck. I could vote for them, but can't promote them as i did Pawlenty because my heart just isn't in it. I realize i can't hate on all political figures because of their negativity about Huckabee, but I just find it hard to promote any of their agendas.

Post by mxnwilson has received Likes: 2 All-in-for-Mike, justgrace