Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Quote:
Today, effective immediately, I have withdrawn my candidacy to become the Republican Party’s nominee for the Office of President of the United States of America.

Your generous, inspiring support of my campaign made it possible to take our message of restructuring government, reforming the big bailout banks and peace through strength directly to the American people at a grassroots level. On Main Street, in Iowa, New Hampshire and all across our great Nation, people understand this message is the way to transcend our challenges, revitalize our economy, defend our freedom and bequeath our exceptional nation to our children. The Democrats and their lobbyist, Barack Obama, disagree. They’ve grown big government’s spending, taxes, red tape, deficits and debt and prolonged this recession. Yet in their irresponsibility, the Democrats remain united in their party unity behind Barack Obama.

It is time for us to do the same. We cannot unite America if we divide the movement of Principled Conservatism. The time has come for the Tea Party and the Republican Party to come together to serve and save this great nation. Thus, upon having withdrawn my candidacy, I have endorsed Governor Mitt Romney to become our Republican Party’s nominee. We must unite behind the candidate best capable of defeating Barack Obama on November 6, 2012—Mitt Romney is that candidate.

The actions of the Administration and the Democratic Senate show what America knows: we are being neither led nor governed. Our struggle continues. The American people deserve leadership in Washington that understands America’s exceptionalism is not our burden but our birthright; and that America’s ultimate strength and salvation remains the unfathomable grace of God and virtuous genius of her free people. This is why I have decided to seek re-election to continue to serve as your United States Representative for Michigan’s new 11th Congressional District; and, I am committed to promoting and implementing a platform of principled conservatism.

Truly, Michigan and America’s best days are ahead of us because of you. Together we will transcend our challenges; revitalize our economy; defend our freedom; and bequeath our exceptional nation to our children. If I am again entrusted to be your servant, I would continue to be honored to work for you.

Thaddeus McCotter

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:37 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Why are so many people deluding themselves into thinking that Romney is somehow a good option?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Given the current field, who else could he endorse?
Although, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't be endorsing any of them.
Wonder what Romney promised him?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Why are so many people deluding themselves into thinking that Romney is somehow a good option?
Maybe out of necessity. Fear of Dubya, pt. 2. Maybe many Republicans are not resigned to having another 'deer in the headlights' as head of the party. I'm not saying Perry is dumb, but I'm he's far from someone I could be proud of supporting.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:17 pm 
***** General

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Given the current field, who else could he endorse?
Although, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't be endorsing any of them.
Wonder what Romney promised him?

I can't imagine Romney promised him anything. I mean, what could Romney gain from his endorsement? McCotter's endorsement affects maybe three people nationally, four if you include me.

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Maybe out of necessity. Fear of Dubya, pt. 2. Maybe many Republicans are not resigned to having another 'deer in the headlights' as head of the party. I'm not saying Perry is dumb, but I'm he's far from someone I could be proud of supporting.

I hear you, but, does that mean one has to support Joe Isuzu instead? Romney is the political equivalent of a cross between Inspector Gadget and the Transformers. No matter what issue is important to you, he backs it. Are you a TEA Party dude? No problem ... Here comes Mitt who won't raise taxes (only fees). Are you pro-life? So is the Mittster. On the other hand, do Social Conservatives freak you out? No biggie - he is a "moderate." Hate Obamacare? Love Obamacare? Either way, the Omnipositional Mitt has you covered.

What happens when a person with no firm set of beliefs gets power?

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 3 bmk2307, ConservTexan, justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
TheValuesVoter wrote:
TheValuesVoter wrote:

I hear you, but, does that mean one has to support Joe Isuzu instead? Romney is the political equivalent of a cross between Inspector Gadget and the Transformers. No matter what issue is important to you, he backs it. Are you a TEA Party dude? No problem ... Here comes Mitt who won't raise taxes (only fees). Are you pro-life? So is the Mittster. On the other hand, do Social Conservatives freak you out? No biggie - he is a "moderate." Hate Obamacare? Love Obamacare? Either way, the Omnipositional Mitt has you covered.

What happens when a person with no firm set of beliefs gets power?
None of that matters now. These endorsers have read the writing on the wall: Romney's the man. They've seen enough of Perry to know that he'll stumble. They want to be on the winning team. They want to kiss the ring early and hope that Romney remembers them.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:46 pm 
***** General

None of that matters now. These endorsers have read the writing on the wall: Romney's the man. They've seen enough of Perry to know that he'll stumble. They want to be on the winning team. They want to kiss the ring early and hope that Romney remembers them.

The trouble with Perry isn't that he'll stumble now, it's that he'll stumble against Obama. I think that's what they're worried about, and it's a perfectly legitimate concern.

In other words, Romney's getting these endorsements by process of elimination. No one else is endorsable.

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
On Frank Luntz's segment of analysis of the debate on FoxNews, his polling group really were impressed most by Romney and converted to him over Perry. :?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:25 am 
Private

Liked: 12
justgrace wrote:
On Frank Luntz's segment of analysis of the debate on FoxNews, his polling group really were impressed most by Romney and converted to him over Perry. :?

Yes they did, which leads me to believe that they are superficial listeners who haven't been following things for very long. I cringed when I heard Luntz' segment.

The bright spot of the evening was that the FAIR-TAX keeps getting mentioned and seems to be more acceptable. If there is any silver lining to an Obama administration (never thought I'd utter such a thing) it's that the need to throw out our present tax structure is gaining acceptance. Obama's latest insistence on raising taxes on the wealthy has brought national attention to the insidious nature of our tax code.

Of course, I would have preferred that MH bring this conversation to the forefront from the White House...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:56 am 
Major

Liked: 90
The fact of the matter is that McCotter is no dummy like some people on the right. He said he is supporting the person with the best chance to beat Obama. Now, unless he wants to put his support behind Guiliani (who polls best against BHO) but of course isn't running (and isnt a real republican), he has to support Romney. It was the same thing for TPAW. Perry is going to look like Bachmann before long and Mitt will be back on top.....at least until Mike jumps in.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:39 am 
***** General

McCotter on DC morning show on endorsing Romney, (video here: http://www.tbd.com/blogs/news-talk/2011 ... 12936.html)

"I've endorsed Mitt Romney...a lot of people were surprised by that, because of how quickly I did it. But I'm the kind of the guy, where if I go to any restaurant the first thing I ask is if they have meatloaf. I know what I need."

:) Then he went on to say he looked at electability, looked at economy as the number one issue and Mitt's experience re. that, looked at the fact that Mitt's been through the process before and been vetted, and picked Romney.

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:37 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
My 19 year old was soooo upset. She's still young and a little bit idealistic. Poor thing had already had a horrible day the day before so this news was just the final straw. She doesn't like Romney or Perry or Cain or Bachmann. She liked Pawlenty and McCotter and of course her ideal would be Huckabee.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:36 pm 
***** General

juditupp wrote:
My 19 year old was soooo upset. She's still young and a little bit idealistic. Poor thing had already had a horrible day the day before so this news was just the final straw. She doesn't like Romney or Perry or Cain or Bachmann. She liked Pawlenty and McCotter and of course her ideal would be Huckabee.

Is she a Red Eye fan? I'm always curious about how folks become McCotter devotees; he's a bit of an acquired taste. :)

G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:25 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
Yes, she is!! She absolutely loves that show, lol!! She's a night owl so it is totally her cup of tea. She refers to Gutfeld as "Greg". No last name, just Greg. Cracks me up! :floor