Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:13 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
Randy Davis is collecting letters to send to the Governor.....chalkart@netins.net

my letter......

We love ya hear in Tennessee. You've been an incredible example of service to this country. May 14th was a very low day for me but I know you agonized over this decision and you hear from the Lord. We are struggling with the candidates that are before us. You put the bar just too high and spoiled us. We are just praying for one more chance in Hope, Ark. You made a connection with so many Americans the last go around. Your words have given us hope. Hope for the future. Hope for this country. Words can't express my gratitude. We are still waiting for you to surprise us on your show with a different announcement. I think I'll get more excited than when the Saints won the Super Bowl or the Tigers won the national championship. We love you Mike and are praying that God moves on your heart. Ready for the HUCKABOOM 2.

Post by dadof5 has received Likes: 3 goalieman, justgrace, WhatsNotToLike?
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
This is either extreme coincidence or something else at work here, because I was going to make a brief reappearence here to make a plea for Huck to reconsider his decision not to run back in May. Needless to say, my email has been sent to Mr. Davis. 8)

Let's look at this current field of, umm, candidates...........

A guy who can't put a sentence together in a debate (Perry).

A slick used car salesman who will say anything and take any position in order to try and win the nomination (Romney).

A guy who cashes his wife in every ten years for a younger one (Gingrich).

A guy who lost his last election by almost 20 points (Santorum).

A woman who couldn't debate the marriage issue with the great intellect, Jay Leno (Bachmann).

A guy who's position on foreign policy mirrors that of Code Pink (Paul).

Cain is a great guy, maybe the only one getting any polling numbers worthy of my vote (love McCotter, but seriously, Thad, I'm polling higher than you are!).

Short of someone like the Gov. of Virginia getting into the race, we need Huck to get back into this thing.

Respectfully submitted,
Goalieman (also known as Beelzebub by some of a particular theological persuassion). :wink:

Post by goalieman has received Likes: 4 dadof5, Miserere, QuoVadisAnima, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
My letter,

It is your duty to run for president. I know that's unfair of me to say, but I know you know life isn't fair. The living God sustains us now not for comfort. Nothing worth doing is easy. Nothing President Washington did for this country was easy. Nothing President Lincoln did for this country was easy. Yet we look back and admire their standard of sacrifice. Moreover, we enjoy the fruit of their service constantly. American order has always required extraordinary sacrifice; so it always will. What are we to do? As Lincoln said, "it is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us - that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain - that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom..." It is time for you and me to face the great task remaining before us. For you, I'm afraid to say that means presidency. The times are too consequential to settle, to retire, and to leave government to the ambitious opportunists. You're the only one I know who has what the country needs. St Anatolius didn't want to be bishop of Laodicea, but the people seized him and wouldn't let him say no. Consider yourself seized. It's the sensus fidelium: the sense of the faithful. You're going to have to trust us.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, dadof5, higgybaby4huck, juditupp, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:40 pm 
Captain

Liked: 29
My letter...

Governor - you know this opportunity will most likely never come again, when the stars are aligned for you as they are at this moment. Conservatives are searching for someone to rally behind. You remember when your father took you to see the Gov of Arkansas when you were a boy? Little did he know that his son would someday be the Gov of Arkansas. Just imagine if he had known that his boy would someday be the President of the United States of America.

You know in your heart that you would be a better President than any of the current candidates. We know that too. Our country needs you Mike. God told you "no" a few months ago. It wasn't the right time then but is He truly saying the same thing to you now? If not, I pray you announce your candidacy. To do nothing would be to risk being haunted by "what if" for the rest of your life. Most importantly, our country needs you to move back the ancient boundary stones set forth by our forefathers.

Post by colinashley has received Likes: 3 akprayingmom, dadof5, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:12 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
I hope he reads all these letters. He has inspired all of us. For such a time as this.....we see destiny....it is so plain to see. Lord you have raised up leaders in the past after your heart. We want your will. If it is your will, put such a fire in your servants belly that he will know that your hand is upon him and he will humbly receive this calling.

Post by dadof5 has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Here's mine -
Quote:
Governor Huckabee,

The saints and prophets of Scripture, in their prayerful efforts at discernment, asked the Lord for an objective sign of His will rather than relying on their own subjective efforts - recognizing the vulnerability of the process to personal inclination.

Clearly, the wisdom of Providence was involved in your earlier decision as the other candidates have effectively been their own undoing. The way has been made even more clear now than it was before, but the time to enter is nearly past, and more than ever all of the objective signs are pointing affirmatively to your call to run.

Your country desperately needs your service, sir! We need you to be the someone to do the something, or it appears that the sun will finally set on the city shining on a hill.

Praying without ceasing for a leader after God's own heart,

Grace *****

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:04 pm 
Private

Liked: 19
My Letter,

Every day I look for news that you have reconsidered a run for president and will enter the race. I have followed you since 2007 and have watched as I saw what I believed to be God positioning you for a successful run for the presidency. I was devastated when you announced you were not running. Frankly, I didn't understand it because I truly believed your heart and God was in it, but I had no choice but to respect what you felt God was leading you to do. I thought the window of opportunity was then with the polls putting you up there, but God knows what he is doing and that window of opportunity is wide open again. People are not happy with the present candidates.
Please prayerfully reconsider. You are so talented. You have filled the role of a talk show host honorably, but such a time as this calls for a man with extraordinary God given talent to communicate and leadership abilities such as you have! This country needs you now!
I am praying that you will be able to discern His will clearly. Respectfully, Peggy Pitts

Post by peggyp Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:31 am 
Corporal

Liked: 10
All of your letters thus far have been sent to Governor Huckabee (personally) as of 11 pm Monday evening CT. I started sending them in groups on Friday evening....Sunday evening and again tonight.

I did get a positive response of appreciation for the letters - but obviously no signal as to anything else. The good news is he did not categorically say "no-not this time" either. (He could have)

Randy Davis

Post by ThatMan has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, bmk2307, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:34 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Thank you for doing this, Randy! We'll keep storming heaven!

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:52 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
goalieman wrote:
This is either extreme coincidence or something else at work here, because I was going to make a brief reappearence here to make a plea for Huck to reconsider his decision not to run back in May. Needless to say, my email has been sent to Mr. Davis. 8)

Let's look at this current field of, umm, candidates...........

A guy who can't put a sentence together in a debate (Perry).

But he "looks so Presidential."

A slick used car salesman who will say anything and take any position in order to try and win the nomination (Romney).

You say that like it's a "bad" thing.

A guy who cashes his wife in every ten years for a younger one (Gingrich).

It's really more like a "rent to own" operation.

A guy who lost his last election by almost 20 points (Santorum).

Clearly that will give us an even greater element of surprise!

A woman who couldn't debate the marriage issue with the great intellect, Jay Leno (Bachmann).

But think of the potential match-up in a VP debate.

A guy who's position on foreign policy mirrors that of Code Pink (Paul).

How can 6,000 linked laptops spamming political blog polls be wrong?

Cain is a great guy, maybe the only one getting any polling numbers worthy of my vote (love McCotter, but seriously, Thad, I'm polling higher than you are!).

That's just because you have higher name recognition.

Short of someone like the Gov. of Virginia getting into the race, we need Huck to get back into this thing.

Respectfully submitted,
Goalieman (also known as Beelzebub by some of a particular theological persuassion). :wink:

I am sorry but that domain name has been taken for some time and in the current state of the economy all jobs are in demand so I doubt he'd give it up.

Sincerely,
Legion

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?