Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:33 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
Well they don't know anymore than we do, but obviously a little buzz has been generated.

http://www.kuar.org/kuarnews/35878-fact-or-fiction-will-huckabee-enter-race.html

Quote:
Fact or Fiction:Will Huckabee Enter Race?

1 hour ago By Beth McEvoy

Speculations are escalating online that former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee might still run for the republican presidential nomination. In May Huckabee said he would not run but may have had a change of heart.

Political analyst Jay Barth of Hendrix College says many in the Republican Party, especially conservatives, are still looking for a candidate to support after Rick Perry’s failure to be a strong frontrunner. Barth says with the presidential field clouded, supporters are looking for additional candidates like Sarah Palin or Mike Huckabee.

Barth says, "Huckabee did incredibly well in Iowa in 2008 and knows how to put together a campaign, so he might do a lot better than some of the other possible candidates were hearing about."

Only a few weeks remain before filing periods begin to close in some early states and Barth says that means the public will know very soon if Huckabee really intends to run for the G.O.P. spot or whether it is just rumor.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
What I would give to be a fly on the wall in the Huckabee household this week and next week.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere has received Likes: 2 All-in-for-Mike, Chadballer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
Perfect scenario.......G.H. schedules a major speech on Columbus Day (Oct. 10) concluding with his announcement that he has decided to run. He would be joined on stage by Gov. Christie, Gov. Daniels and Rep. Ryan who then all speak for a few minutes and give their endorsement (evangelical endorsements roll in over the next week or so)
(Then Trump holds an NYC fundraiser that evening raising $10mil)....... :shock:

Post by steves Liked by: Grandville

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
Here's another Draft Huckabee blog post:

http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2011/09/ ... -huckabee/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:50 am 
Major General

Liked: 54
That would be great.

I kind of suspect that if he does decide to run he will first announce on his show that he has been receiving quite a few requests from various people including some important conservative leaders to reconsider his previous decision concerning the 2012 race. Because the time is short and an answer must be given to these important people in a timely manner he will be making an announcement regarding his reconsideration on his show the following week.

Of course, we would know then that his decision was probably to run because otherwise he would not bring the matter up at all. But, it would cause a lot of speculation and make a good buildup introduction.

Naturally the suspense would be very difficult for all of us Huckabee supporters, but by now we ought to be getting used to it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:48 pm 
***** General

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/ ... 8Y20110930
(Reuters) - Mike Huckabee has been approached by Republican and conservative activists unhappy with the current crop of presidential hopefuls and he is considering entering the fray, two sources who have spoken with Huckabee told Reuters.

The former Arkansas governor, who made a splash by winning the Iowa caucuses as a candidate in 2008, announced last May on his Fox News show that he would not enter the race.

But the conservative Huckabee, who appeals to evangelical Christians and is seen as an effective campaigner, is taking another look at jumping in, said the two sources, who are close to Huckabee. They spoke to Reuters on the condition of anonymity.

"He is entertaining the request for conversations about it," one of the sources said. "I do not think it is a complete 100 percent 'I'm reconsidering' but he hasn't shut the door on it."

One of the sources said Huckabee was urged to enter after the recent stumbles of Texas Governor Rick Perry, who appeals to a similar right wing of the Republican party.

Huckabee is a former Baptist minister and takes solid right positions on matters important to the Republican base -- including abortion and gay marriage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm 
***** General

steves wrote:
Perfect scenario.......G.H. schedules a major speech on Columbus Day (Oct. 10) concluding with his announcement that he has decided to run. He would be joined on stage by Gov. Christie, Gov. Daniels and Rep. Ryan who then all speak for a few minutes and give their endorsement (evangelical endorsements roll in over the next week or so)
(Then Trump holds an NYC fundraiser that evening raising $10mil)....... :shock:

Oh well..............
By Julie Hirschfeld Davis
Oct. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney will be endorsed by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie today, according to a person familiar with matter who wasn’t authorized to comment publicly.
Romney, in New Hampshire for a debate tonight with seven other Republican candidates, added to his schedule today a news conference in Lebanon featuring an unnamed “special guest.”
Tonight’s debate, sponsored by Bloomberg News and the Washington Post, will take place at 8 p.m. and be focused exclusively on the economy and jobs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:17 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 14
Don't these people realize that if we nominate Romney, we won't be able to attack Obama-care, since it's basically a clone of Romney-care? The biggest weapon in our arsenal will be defused, and the risk of an Obama reelection grows exponentially. Especially if Occupy Wall Street gains momentum, and Obama is able to ride an anti-capitalism wave into the election.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:54 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
Rudy said he isnt running. Christie has announced his support for Mitt Romney. Perry dropped even faster than he went up. Cain has NO executive experience. Primaries are possibly going to be held in DECEMBER. Its game over friends. I have been one of those who kept hope alive. I chanted and posted like a crazed fan over at r412 and said time and time again the path that would allow huckabee to get in. Palin didnt run and now neither is Rudy. There isnt enough vote splitting out there to give Huckabee one final chance. It is too late.

You have 3 choices. One is to vote for Obama, which none of us will do. Two is to stay home; which some of you might do. The final option is to get behind Romney and attack Obama all the way to the white house. For me I am going to have to wait a little longer, but I am finally ready to see that as my best option in the very near future.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:02 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
karrboy84 wrote:
Rudy said he isnt running. Christie has announced his support for Mitt Romney. Perry dropped even faster than he went up. Cain has NO executive experience. Primaries are possibly going to be held in DECEMBER. Its game over friends. I have been one of those who kept hope alive. I chanted and posted like a crazed fan over at r412 and said time and time again the path that would allow huckabee to get in. Palin didnt run and now neither is Rudy. There isnt enough vote splitting out there to give Huckabee one final chance. It is too late.

You have 3 choices. One is to vote for Obama, which none of us will do. Two is to stay home; which some of you might do. The final option is to get behind Romney and attack Obama all the way to the white house. For me I am going to have to wait a little longer, but I am finally ready to see that as my best option in the very near future.

I refuse to accept Romney as the nominee until after the convention next year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:07 pm 
Major

Huckabeliever wrote:
karrboy84 wrote:

All that does it give Obama fewer attacks. If we make this a romney v obama by early 2012, the game is over.

But, I understand your feelings. I won't be waiting that long, but the words "GOP nominee Mitt Romney" still taste pretty nasty.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:13 pm 
** General

karrboy84 wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:
karrboy84 wrote:

All that does it give Obama fewer attacks. If we make this a romney v obama by early 2012, the game is over.

But, I understand your feelings. I won't be waiting that long, but the words "GOP nominee Mitt Romney" still taste pretty nasty.

I understand your point too. I just don't think Romney can win against Obama so I will support candidates that I think have a chance to defeat Obama. If Romney becomes the nominee
( :barf ) then I will be just like I was in 2008. I'll vote against Obama, not for the nominee.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:22 pm 
Major

How do you explain the fact that Romney has polled better against Obama than anyone else (except Rudy)? If Romney can't beat him then who can (that is actually running)?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:30 pm 
** General

karrboy84 wrote:
How do you explain the fact that Romney has polled better against Obama than anyone else (except Rudy)? If Romney can't beat him then who can (that is actually running)?

Just my personal opinion, but I think it's like 2008. People don't like Romney but say they will vote for him because they don't think the others can win. There is no enthusiasm for him.

I think Cain and Perry would do better against Obama, but I don't know if anyone can beat him. Too many people are going to vote for Obama so they can keep "Obama's stash" flowing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:41 pm 
Major

Huckabeliever wrote:
karrboy84 wrote:

Just my personal opinion, but I think it's like 2008. People don't like Romney but say they will vote for him because they don't think the others can win. There is no enthusiasm for him.

I think Cain and Perry would do better against Obama, but I don't know if anyone can beat him. Too many people are going to vote for Obama so they can keep "Obama's stash" flowing.

OK, that view would work if we are solely talking about GOP polls that put Romney up against Cain, Perry, etc. Romney might win simply because people think others cant win. But I am talking about Romney vs Obama. Cain vs Obama. Perry vs Obama. Each candidate's numbers against obama have nothing to do with whether people think that person could beat obama. I would pick any current GOP candidate (excluding johnson and kager) if I was asked who I'd vote for between them and Obama. I wouldn't pick Romney BUT NOT PICK Santorum just because I think Romney can win and Santorum can't. Therefore I am speaking specifically to any specific GOP candidate vs Obama, which has nothing to do with whether I think they can beat him. In those polls, Romney does best. That shows me that he has a better chance then cain or perry to beat obama.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
karrboy84 wrote:

Name recognition and nothing more. "Generic" Republican does even better.

There are no strong candidates. Romney is simply the best known weak candidate.

The GOP right now is favored by NOT having a clear candidate. The earlier this is a contest between Obama and __________ the earlier the Dems will have the chance to make the election a "choice" between the two. We want a referendum on Obama. A retrospective election on his administration. An early decesion on the GOP nominee does not help the GOP. If it helps anyone it is the media who will have longer to play at kingmaking and providing the paid advertising for character assassination.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:29 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 14
karrboy84 wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:
Therefore I am speaking specifically to any specific GOP candidate vs Obama, which has nothing to do with whether I think they can beat him. In those polls, Romney does best. That shows me that he has a better chance then cain or perry to beat obama.

I don't read it that way. Yes, Romney may poll better against Obama at this point, but that doesn't necessarily translate into having the best chance to beat O in the general.

First, even though the polls you are referring pit each candidate vs Obama, they are not answered in a vacuum. People are still holding the prejudice in the back of their head as to who they think has the best chance. The majority of those polled have formed their opinions by what they have casually absorbed from the mainstream media. Once the election is closer, people will begin to pay closer attention and base their opinions more on the candidates records and debate performance.

Second, the general election campaigning has not begun yet. Once Romney is attacked heavily for his duplicity, and is impotent to fire back against Obama on Obama-care, as it was based on his Romney-care plan, these numbers will sink. Other candidates currently in the race are better positioned to come out fighting, and take down Obama with an arsenal of well placed blows. Don’t forget how volatile the 2008, campaign was. At this point, McCain was considered dead-in-the water.

I was watching MSNBC earlier, <gasp> I like to hear the perspective from the other side sometimes. Their reporter pointed out that the establishment is acting like a Romney nomination is inevitable, but “they forgot to tell the electorate”. It’s clear the voters don’t want Romney, even though the belt-way keeps pushing him down our throats. Let’s not forget that Hillary Clinton was considered a juggernaut at this time in 2008 as well.