Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:17 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... owl1_r1_v4
Mitt Romney is scheduled to sit down for an interview with a 2008 rival for the Republican presidential nomination, Mike Huckabee, this weekend, The Caucus has learned.

Could an important endorsement be in the works?

Mr. Huckabee will tape the interview with Mr. Romney on Friday, and it will be broadcast on his Fox News show, which airs on Saturday and Sunday evenings at 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Promos for the interview are set to broadcast Thursday afternoon on the network.

The men have had a tense relationship since 2008, when a surprise victory in the Iowa caucuses by Mr. Huckabee, a former governor of Arkansas, upended a carefully designed plan by Mr. Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts, to win the state that year.

During the lead-up to the caucuses in 2007, they traded increasingly hostile barbs. Mr. Romney accused Mr. Huckabee of being soft on the death penalty; Mr. Huckabee asked in an interview whether Mormons believe “that Jesus and the devil are brothers.” Mr. Romney said to his rival: “You make up facts faster than you talk.”

But the passage of time and Mr. Huckabee’s decision not to enter the race in 2012 may have softened the feelings between the two a little.

The interview could be just that. But an endorsement by Mr. Huckabee would go a long way toward helping Mr. Romney earn support among conservatives and Christian voters, especially in Iowa, where Mr. Huckabee is especially popular in those communities.

No word yet from representatives for Mr. Huckabee or Mr. Romney.

Still, Mr. Huckabee is no fan of Rick Perry, the governor of Texas and a rival of Mr. Romney this time around. In 2007, Mr. Perry endorsed Rudy Giuliani over Mr. Huckabee at a critical time when the support of a fellow, Southern governor would have helped Mr. Huckabee’s campaign.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
When Huck interviewed Gingrich, Santorum, McCotter, and the others on his show, were those for endorsements? Of course not.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere has received Likes: 2 All-in-for-Mike, Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
Miserere wrote:
When Huck interviewed Gingrich, Santorum, McCotter, and the others on his show, were those for endorsements? Of course not.

Definitely and if Mike doesn't change his mind with his position he SHOULD NOT endorse until Primary is over because of his position with his program.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:55 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
I think he's going to be cordial and hopefully mend some ole wounds. If Huck decides to get in he needs to make it clear with Mitt and others their debate is with Obama. You can express your differences respectfully and still be competitive.

Post by dadof5 Liked by: christopher.wilkerson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:14 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
I would rather he not be too kind. Many people still don't know who the "real" Romney is and GH would be doing no one a favor by giving him a pass on his record. Personally, I hope Huckabee is tough on Romney, esp. with the healthcare plan. Remember how he was with Ann Coulter when she first appeared on his show? It would be great if he would show clips of Romney's flip-flops.

Post by Miranda Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:15 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
This should be interesting. I hope Huckabee has lost neither his wisdom nor his backbone.

Post by byourCreator has received Likes: 3 akprayingmom, All-in-for-Mike, GrannyT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:30 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Even though I don't like Mitt Romney, I believe he is very smart. Just as Fox News saw that Mike Huckabee was leading in lots of polls and Mitt Romney had a health care speech that fell very flat with the pundits, now I believe that Mitt Romney might have heard some speculation that Mike Huckabee might jump back into the race. By coming on Huckabee's show and being friendly and maybe even hinting at VP, Romney will try to stop Huckabee's thoughts about jumping back into the race for President. Huckabee wouldn't have to fundraise or get a good campaign together (if any or left) or even have to leave Fox News and make all that extra money for his new house until after Romney (if he is the nominee) needed to choose a VP and be in a very good place to run for Pres. in 2016 if they lose, or 2020 if Romney/Huckabee would win in 2012.. I wouldn't doubt that this scenario is possible. I just hope and pray that Mike Huckabee sees through this and makes his decision based on God's will and HIS desire to be President. Mike Huckabee NEEDS to have a fire in his belly to win if he decides to run.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I think this might be the moment we have been dreading. I don't think Romney is coming on the show to be attacked, and I don't think Huckabee would offer the invitation if that's what he planned on doing. The interview may allow Huckabee to voice his concerns about Romney's candidacy, and allow Romney to answer them satisfactorily. It may be that this interview will be used to justify the coming endorsement.
I've said this before..are we prepared for that? I think I can handle it, but I'm worried about some of the rest of you. I don't want you to go Tolbert because of Mike Huckabee's political strategy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
I think this might be the moment we have been dreading. I don't think Romney is coming on the show to be attacked, and I don't think Huckabee would offer the invitation if that's what he planned on doing. The interview may allow Huckabee to voice his concerns about Romney's candidacy, and allow Romney to answer them satisfactorily. It may be that this interview will be used to justify the coming endorsement.
I've said this before..are we prepared for that? I think I can handle it, but I'm worried about some of the rest of you. I don't want you to go Tolbert because of Mike Huckabee's political strategy.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
I don't want you to go Tolbert because of Mike Huckabee's political strategy.

:lol: :runforhills :barf

Had to click a few emoticons to that comment you made!

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
I think Mike just wants to get a final answer on the whole Jesus' brother question from Mitt. :eatingpopcorn

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 4 All-in-for-Mike, ConservTexan, Iowans Rock, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Southern Doc wrote:
I think Mike just wants to get a final answer on the whole Jesus' brother question from Mitt. :eatingpopcorn

Doc, you and Christopher are cracking me up, tonight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But just for the record, I would never go Tolbert!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I dont feel Governor Huckabee should make any endorsement. He said only a few months ago Mitt Romney was not his first or second or even third choice, but if he was the nominee he would do everything he could to help get him elected. NOw, to endorse him would be a very bad move, IMO.

Post by nrobyar has received Likes: 2 Huckabeliever, miracleshappen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
nrobyar wrote:
I dont feel Governor Huckabee should make any endorsement. He said only a few months ago Mitt Romney was not his first or second or even third choice, but if he was the nominee he would do everything he could to help get him elected. NOw, to endorse him would be a very bad move, IMO.

Interesting. At the Iowa Straw Poll one of the guys in the Fair Tax tent told me for sure that Huckabee was going to endorse Cain. (Don't know where he got his information.) I think Huckabee will not endorse Romney until no one else is left.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Huckabee did state that he would not endorse in the primary, FWIW. I thought it was ironic considering his frustration that so many evangelical leaders took the same stance back in 2008. But I guess since we had several decent social conservative choices at that point, he did not want to pick one over the others. I guess. 'Course, where does that leave us now?

He knows his endorsement is political capital so I guess it will depend if he sees an opportunity to make the most of it. I'm still desperately hoping that he will endorse himself!

:D

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 2 Steadfast, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:53 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
Romney needs Mike to close the deal. I don't trust him. Mike has to walk a fine line.....where he needs to be direct and ask some serious pointed questions and vet Romney but at the same time not be obnoxious.

Post by dadof5 Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
Here is a picture off of twitter from the taping today if you want a preview. Almost looks like a "Meet the Press" setting.

Attachments:
heorp.jpg [62.93 KiB]
Downloaded 149 times

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:16 am 
***** General

Is it just me or does that photo just give you the willies?

Post by BDBopper has received Likes: 2 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 am 
Major

Liked: 22
Huck wants the VP spot. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:35 am 
***** General

californiaforhuck wrote:
Huck wants the VP spot. :roll:

The only reason Huck SHOULD be asked by anyone to be their VP is if Rubio passes up on the opportunity