Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 pm 
General

Liked: 41
After watching the interview with Cavato, I think Mike Huckabee would reconsider getting into the race IF he had big money donors who would be willing to give him BIG bucks....AND if some of the Pawlenty campaign contacts him to be on his campaign.

We will see....................... :pray

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Vote For Truth wrote:
After watching the interview with Cavato, I think Mike Huckabee would reconsider getting into the race IF he had big money donors who would be willing to give him BIG bucks....AND if some of the Pawlenty campaign contacts him to be on his campaign.

Those comments by Huck are certainly NOT ways to say "NO!" They are ways to appeal to the adults that might still be left in the GOP about the realities of what is needed and what they can expect of him, or any, truly viable solution to our crisis of leadership. His comments were totally about his willingness to dive in BUT ONLY into a full pool. That has been his position from the first and still is. The question remains:

Are the rainmakers scared enough at the prospect of a nominee they like even less than Huck (because they judge them more likely to loose primarily) to fill the pool?

Cain has nearly surpassed Romney. Florida has now broken rank and defied the party. We are on the edge of an anarchy and every real conservative who values stability, predictablity, and order has got to be terrified. They were afraid of Mike last time because they thought him unpredictable or unstable. Now they are looking at such wild scenarios as a radio host cancer survivor with ZERO political exerience; a junior legislator who has made a carreer of rejecting party instruction and voting against everything; a polarizing, unlikable former speaker with a "Clinton Proplem"; the only "Republican" complaining today about the death of an enemy of the U.S. killed by drones; or Romney (you fill in the down side- mine is that he's the biggest proven underperformer around). ANYTHING is possible as a result.

Let's see how long they can take the strain. :D

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, Steadfast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:00 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
Southern Doc wrote:
Vote For Truth wrote:

Those comments by Huck are certainly NOT ways to say "NO!" They are ways to appeal to the adults that might still be left in the GOP about the realities of what is needed and what they can expect of him, or any, truly viable solution to our crisis of leadership. His comments were totally about his willingness to dive-in BUT ONLY into a full pool. That has been his position from the first and still is. The question remains:

Are the rainmakers scared enough at the prospect of a nominee they like even less than Huck (because they judge them more likely to loose primarily) to fill the pool?

Cain has nearly surpassed Romney. Florida has now broken rank and defied the party. We are on the edge of an anarchy and every real conservative who values stability, predictablity, and order has got to be terrified. They were afraid of Mike last time because they thought him unpredictable or unstable. Now they are looking at such wild scenarios as a radio host cancer survivor with ZERO political exerience; a junior legislator who has made a carreer of rejecting party instruction and voting against everything; a polarizing, unlikable former speaker with a "Clinton Proplem"; the only "Republican" complaining today about the death of an enemy of the U.S. killed by drones; or Romney (you fill in the down side- mine is that he's the biggest proven underperformer around). ANYTHING is possible as a result.

Let's see how long they can take the strain. :D

I agree completely... There was no "No" in the interveiw. Matter of fact, I think he confirmed that he is actually more Open than he has been since his decision in May.

Anyone got 50 mill in cash lying around?.. Trump.. I know Trump was going to endorse Huck if Huck got in. Maybe Trump is someone we should think about contacting. Then convince Ed Rollins to rethink the impossible. Huck has opened the door to the possiblity. My friend who is somewhat of a body language expert watched the interveiw several times with me. My friend said that his body language said that Mike seemed very regretful when talking about his decision not to run.

Post by charleslawlesss Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I think we should all go to HuckPac and post on there because Governor Huckabee will see it. We need to ask him to just tell us what he needs in order to run and we'll work to get it for him. He sounded like, with the proper support in place, he might reconsider. Of course, I realize grassroots alone would probably not be enough to get him in...but we can all try to make addn'l contacts with people in places that might be able to make it happen. I believe Donald Trump would be a big contributor to a Huckabee campaign.

Post by nrobyar Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Here is what I tweeted directly to Donald Trump:

@realDonaldTrump Would love to have seen your second video clip for Huckabee's May 14th show. Are you ready to command a $50 mill Superpac?

Think he will reply? :wink:

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Just wait until the next debate. Let the big donors watch one more debate where it becomes painfully obvious to the world one more time how subpar the GOP field really is. They'll have an epiphany. Maybe that will come the moment Romney and Perry go into their annoying stepbrother routine, bickering like junior high school kids while the world watches in horror at the thought of either of them being President. Maybe it'll come when Bachman once more utters some statement that is positively not factual. It could be when Cain reminds the world again of his past health challenges and his lack of political experience or when Santorum reminds everyone that no one else in the debate is paying attention to him. At some point, these fat cats will think to themselves about the possibility that no candidate on their side is going to be in position to capture the passion of the country. They'll think to themselves "... these guys don't give me a lot of hope. A lot of hope. Hope? Wait a minute. We have a guy from Hope!"

I give it about another two to three weeks and even the Manhattan conservatives will start sounding less hostile to Huck. What other real options do they have?

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 3 All-in-for-Mike, ConservTexan, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
ConservTexan wrote:

@realDonaldTrump Would love to have seen your second video clip for Huckabee's May 14th show. Are you ready to command a $50 mill Superpac?

Didn't something like that happen with Ronald Reagan? He was about to quit running when the right donor came along...?

Post by justgrace Liked by: Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:41 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
In Trade now has Huckabee making an announcement at 19.5 and Christie making an announcement at 16

Huckabee's 19.5 has not gone down after the denial, but Christie's was up to 24 today.

Interesting....

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:44 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Wow, amazing really. I was giving up hope. I still don't have a lot of it, but at least the race is getting interesting again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:15 am 
Captain

Liked: 57
ConservTexan wrote:

Debbie, here's my tweet:
@realDonaldTrump: R U ready 2 support a cnservative who really could take back the WH & get r nation back? plz help fund a super Pac HUCK12
:pray :pray :pray

Conservatives need to stop :wall and draft a real fiscal & social conservative who cares more about the needs of the country than his election—Draft Huck 2012!

Failure is only a few seconds away from success.

Post by akprayingmom has received Likes: 4 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, IowaforHuckabee, justgrace, Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:04 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 24
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Just wait until the next debate. Let the big donors watch one more debate where it becomes painfully obvious to the world one more time how subpar the GOP field really is. They'll have an epiphany. Maybe that will come the moment Romney and Perry go into their annoying stepbrother routine, bickering like junior high school kids while the world watches in horror at the thought of either of them being President. Maybe it'll come when Bachman once more utters some statement that is positively not factual. It could be when Cain reminds the world again of his past health challenges and his lack of political experience or when Santorum reminds everyone that no one else in the debate is paying attention to him. At some point, these fat cats will think to themselves about the possibility that no candidate on their side is going to be in position to capture the passion of the country. They'll think to themselves "... these guys don't give me a lot of hope. A lot of hope. Hope? Wait a minute. We have a guy from Hope!"

I give it about another two to three weeks and even the Manhattan conservatives will start sounding less hostile to Huck. What other real options do they have?

http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/09/ebca ... .html#more

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/hpv.aspx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
conservativevoter,

As a mom with several kids whose immune systems are in various states of dysfunction, & therefore, vulnerable to damage from hyper-stimulation by vaxes, I am totally onboard with what you have posted.

And as a pharmacist, I will add that most people do not realize that the clinical studies done on new drugs & vaxes are too small to turn up all the possible problems that a drug or vax can cause (assuming the pharma co. actually wants to know - Vioxx, anyone?), and that it is impossible to do larger scale studies, so the users of every new drug or vax are de facto guinea pigs.

BUT I have not really bothered defending Bachmann on this because she is unable to articulate it properly; I believe that she is actually damaging this cause more than she is helping. It just illustrates further her unreadiness for the highest office in the land, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
But the argument in the first link (written by attorneys, by the way) seems to be: juries have awarded damages based on the perceived effects of vaccinations, ergo vaccinations are bad.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:17 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
it's actually my mother's opinion as an RN, that as a country, we're overvaccinated, which is of course why the flu mutates every year.

Edit: not to hijack the thread or anything :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Miserere wrote:
But the argument in the first link (written by attorneys, by the way) seems to be: juries have awarded damages based on the perceived effects of vaccinations, ergo vaccinations are bad.

I believe that the VICP is designed to have specially appointed judges decide the cases - no juries.

They don't determine whether or not the vax is at fault, however. Their only task is to look at the claim & evidence presented to determine if it is reasonably possible that the vax was the cause.

It takes some effort, but I have been looking into it because I have such a seriously vested interest in the answer & the possibility is definitely scientifically credible.

The facts that the pharma co's & the related health agencies have a ridiculous number of conflicts of interest & that they have repeatedly lied, obfuscated & demonized rather than actually directly addressing the concerns raised cements it as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:00 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
Seriously people.....THE BIGGEST HUCKABEE NEWS since May and you are talking about Bachmann and vaccinations? Really?

What do we need to do to get things moving on this? The more we can do now, the better. Can we flood Fox with demands that it encourage Huckabee to run? Can we flood Trump with requests for funding? Anyone?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:08 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
karrboy84 wrote:
Seriously people.....THE BIGGEST HUCKABEE NEWS since May and you are talking about Bachmann and vaccinations? Really?

What do we need to do to get things moving on this? The more we can do now, the better. Can we flood Fox with demands that it encourage Huckabee to run? Can we flood Trump with requests for funding? Anyone?

Just vaccines in general.

The more I think about it, the more I think there isn't really any news.

Huck has just reiterated that the atmosphere is toxic and that he can't nail down the organizational side. Pretty much the same stuff he said at the Clinton library.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:43 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Miserere wrote:

I believe that the VICP is designed to have specially appointed judges decide the cases - no juries.

They don't determine whether or not the vax is at fault, however. Their only task is to look at the claim & evidence presented to determine if it is reasonably possible that the vax was the cause.

It takes some effort, but I have been looking into it because I have such a seriously vested interest in the answer & the possibility is definitely scientifically credible.

The facts that the pharma co's & the related health agencies have a ridiculous number of conflicts of interest & that they have repeatedly lied, obfuscated & demonized rather than actually directly addressing the concerns raised cements it as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, when I mentioned Bachman's tendancy to state things that are provably untrue, I wasn't even talking about the vaccine statements. I am a parent of an autistic child and we have a cautious approach toward vaccines ourselves. I think that vaccines work for many children but I agree that there are some vaccines that can be harmful to some children, despite the urging of experts (who say they are certain vaccines do no harm but aren't as certain what is causing the harm). So, there's no need to convince me that there is some possibility that a vaccine could potentially harm some small portion of the child population. But I wasn't even talking about that.

Rather, I was talking more about her saying that the President has the lowest public approval ratings in modern times (not quite), that he released all the oil from the Strategic Oil Reserve, that she can bring $2 a gallon gasoline prices back if she's eleced, that Bush did not add much to the national debt, etc. Many people on all sides, including many of her former aides, acknowledge that she tends to speak on issues without having first vetted it or gathered all the information on it.

But, as karryboy had suggested, I'd much rather talk about Huckabee than any of the other potential candidates. I mentioned the other candidates in passing. The real hope for all of us is that Huckabee might be persuaded to reconsider if the financial backers can be persuaded that their other options are not so good, regardless of whether or not vaccines can be harmful to some kids.

I'd rather personally NOT see Trump involved with GH. Trump in my opinion lacks credibility and I don't want that to transfer to GH. But I hope that everyone who has some big bucks looks and the landscape and understands that both in 2008 and today, the candidate who has the best chance of pulling both conservatives and independents, red staters and folks in purple land, people of a broad range of ethnic and racial backgrounds, etc, is Huckabee, who also is the candidate with the best chance of being the 45th President.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
How much money can a super-PAC raise, and are there limits to giving to them? I know that Karl Rove has been involved with setting up a Republican PAC to which Trump heavily donated late last year (tens of thousands of dollars).

If such a PAC gets behind Huckabee, there would not be the same limitations as if one person gives. There are ways, as someone suggested, by paying a thousand or more $ to attend a fundraiser dinner. Obama is quite skilled at this. Anyone here know the current laws regarding campaign finances?

Southern Doc, can you help us on this? :pray

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
justgrace wrote:
How much money can a super-PAC raise, and are there limits to giving to them? I know that Karl Rove has been involved with setting up a Republican PAC to which Trump heavily donated late last year (tens of thousands of dollars).

If such a PAC gets behind Huckabee, there would not be the same limitations as if one person gives. There are ways, as someone suggested, by paying a thousand or more $ to attend a fundraiser dinner. Obama is quite skilled at this. Anyone here know the current laws regarding campaign finances?

Southern Doc, can you help us on this? :pray

Yeah I'd love to know this info too. I am very curious what the differences are between a PAC and a Super PAC