Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:42 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
Iowans Rock wrote:
Oh my gosh....Cain is such a HAS BEEN in my state. All of this talk of him being a contender just doesn't make sense. Most people in Iowa think he is an opportunist. His polling will drop. And what I don't get is why these so called "frontrunners" even are touting a poll where they can only tie at 17%! Put together....only a third of the electorate supports them. The UNDECIDED is the true frontrunner here at 18%.

Huckabee would blow this thing away.

Lori is right. Cain's chance at winning Iowa died while I was there. Cain went around the state in forum series sponsored by the Family Leader and fell flat on his face during the Q&A. I was at the forum in Pella and i had never been in a room that wanted so much to get on board a bandwagon before Cain got out on stage. At the end 99% of the 200 or so people there were very disappointed and it was all downhill for Cain in Iowa from that point.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
BDBopper wrote:
Iowans Rock wrote:
Oh my gosh....Cain is such a HAS BEEN in my state. All of this talk of him being a contender just doesn't make sense. Most people in Iowa think he is an opportunist. His polling will drop. And what I don't get is why these so called "frontrunners" even are touting a poll where they can only tie at 17%! Put together....only a third of the electorate supports them. The UNDECIDED is the true frontrunner here at 18%.

Huckabee would blow this thing away.

Lori is right. Cain's chance at winning Iowa died while I was there. Cain went around the state in forum series sponsored by the Family Leader and fell flat on his face during the Q&A. I was at the forum in Pella and i had never been in a room that wanted so much to get on board a bandwagon before Cain got out on stage. At the end 99% of the 200 or so people there were very disappointed and it was all downhill for Cain in Iowa from that point.

Not only that but he was caught in a lot of half-truths and did a lot of spinning. I had Huck friends who supported him contact me and say that they were taken for a ride. He was riding high in Iowa in the spring and then crashed before the straw poll. He hasn't been in Iowa for months and I don't think he has even been in any of the early voting states that much. All of his Iowa staff has left.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:56 am 
***** General

karrboy84 wrote:
First, Cain is just another guy....he moved up the charts early then plummited, then bachmann had her turn, then Perry had his turn...now people are back to cain for a little bit. At some point and time people will realize that Cain cannot win. He has no political experience at all. His best run in politics was a 2nd place PRIMARY run in 2004. He has never even run in a general election for ANYTHING. Second, I am seeing way too many things that point to Huck being interested in the VP spot. Perhaps he sees this as a better shot at being president in 2020 after Romney has 8 years. 3rd, 2016 is out of the question because Obama will lose this time around....the only question is who he is going to lose to. The ONLY way he wins is if trump, palin, etc run as a 3rd party.

My prediction (going out on a limb) but assuming Mike doesn't get in which I don't see at this point, I think Newt will be our nominee. Romney is damaged goods and nowhere close to closing the deal, Perry is free-falling, Cain is rising again because he is the hot number right now but he will fall again because he is easily distracted by the media tricks to get him to stray off topic or something stupid. Newt is the only other candidate rising in the polls (but much more of a steady methodical rise compared to Cain's recent surge). There are tons of undecideds out there and they are looking for the anti-Romney and are not going to break his way. Unless Santorum comes out of nowhere that only leaves Newt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
I agree that Cain is sizzle not steak and that the bottom line truth revealed by current polling is not his strength but the entire fields weakness.

But we need OTHERS to see that just as clearly.

There is still a very strong belt-way media meme that Romney is a solid and winning "safe" choice for the GOP. The man "the Obama team least wants to face" etc.

That is partly due to the fact that no one has really laid a glove on Romney in the debates and he has made very few mistakes on the trail. His discipline is quite good.

So here is why I WANT the Herman Cain boom to continue:

The media always pits the "frontrunners" against each other in the debates. This has allowed Romney to dispatch three weak debaters in order, T-Paw, Bachmann, Perry. But he has never had to really tangle with anyone except Newt and Santorum who are fast on their feet and they were given little chance due to the Media's obsession with trying to pit the "frontrunners" against each other in the debates.

On the 11th and 18th of this month the "frontrunners will be Mitt, Cain, Perry and Newt with the "story" all about Cain rising. That means Mitt and Cain will both be givrn the chance to deck each other. Cain has shown much more of an aggressive side lately in his comments about his rivals. I'm looking forward to seeing if he or Newt can tag Romney especially on health care.

If he can he will help the pipe-dream by giving GOP political investors a window into the possible nightmare of Romney in a debate with Obama or in a debate with himself over his multiple choice positions on a host of issues over the years.

We want Cain to be seen as the Sharon Angle or Christine O'Donnell of 2012 in the fears of GOP elites. Someone who, inspite of obvious shortcoming, can get the GOP nomination because the party choice is too wooden or moderate for the party faithful but doomed to loose even against the worst the Dems will offer up as opponents.

Is there ANYONE else? Is the question we want on their lips.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 pm 
***** General

Very good points Southern Doc!

I also want to see Cain's rise continue cause I think he can finish Romney once and for all, just as Paul, Bachmann, and Santorum was a tag team crushing Perry, probably for good. In the next two debates Romney will be the punching bag and Cain is the one to lead that since Newt seems to be content to follow Reagan's 11th Commandment in a very strict manner (while the Media, and Obama are his punching bags).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
So what you sre saying, Southern Doc, is that Romney needs to get his hair messed up in the next debates.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Sorry, I don't see Cain doing it. I see him standing down when it comes to Romney.

The new meme out there today is a Romney/Cain ticket. That probably sounds pretty darn good to Cain.

So I do not see Cain taking a jab.

But I do see Perry trying to come back and win back the Anybody But Mitt vote.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:04 pm 
***** General

ConservTexan wrote:
Sorry, I don't see Cain doing it. I see him standing down when it comes to Romney.

The new meme out there today is a Romney/Cain ticket. That probably sounds pretty darn good to Cain.

So I do not see Cain taking a jab.

But I do see Perry trying to come back and win back the Anybody But Mitt vote.

Maybe so but that goes to the point as to why would Cain run in the first place. Becoming VP doesn't seem like the goal of a man who has survived stage IV liver and colon cancer. I think Cain is running because every day is BONUS and he is going to seize every day to the full. Running for President just seems like the ultimate bucket item. I think he's gotten nothing to loose which confuses folks on his level of wanting/needing to win.

But I don't think anyone gets to his level of professional success without wanting to win or desiring anything less the first place.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:25 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
I dont think Newt does anything...he is more establishment than Romney! When Cain fizzles one of a few possibilities will take place. We might see another round 2 for a previous leader (Bachmann climbs back up or Perry's numbers go back up with his $$), or Palin might enter the race and get a surge for a little while, or we could see someone totally new like Ron Paul get a nice lead for a while, or someone like Mike would get in and change things quite a bit.....or, most likely, Romney will run away with the nomination after people get tired of saying "who's next" and instead just say "ok, who can beat obama"....we are running out of time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm 
***** General

It's time for the pre-debate Pipe-Dream Update

Quote:
3.) Cain (formerly Bachmann six weeks ago) surges. Cain moves into the lead over Romney further showing Mitt's chronic weakness.

Polls out this evening show Cain leading in Iowa (PPP +8); leading in South Carolina (ARG +1); tied in Virginia.

4.) Cain proves resilient to attacks that would take the legs out from under a more conventional candidate as occurred with other "tea party" favorites (especially those who lost in the general) in the 2010 cycle.

He's had about a week of pounding and saying things that "should" hurt him but thus far haven't

5.) Old guard knows only Huckabee can stop Cain which they hate more than the prospect of his own success.

Oh to know the tell tale heart of the ruling elite! Clearly they are in something of a panic as they are clearly in full court "Romney is the nominee! EVERYONE KNOWS IT! Look there's Governor Christie...what? HE just endorsed Romney? Really? What a surprise that a centrist Northeastern social liberal would endorse such a staunch true conservative like Romney. Oh and by the way Perry is a religious as well as a racial bigot. And so was Cain when he made the no Moslems in his administration comment. All the money is going toward Romney now! Did I tell you that Christie endorsed Romney? Did I mention that Perry refused to repudiate the religious bigotry of his supporter? Did I mention that Herman Cain has no elective experience but he and Romney are both on top right now because they are both outsider businessmen? Now that Perry is out I guess that's the race. Too late for anyone else to get in. Really there's no reason to go on with the debate, or the caucuses, or the primary. Romney is the inevitable winner. After all he's doing better than any other GOP candidate in the field...well that we've polled...well except for "generic." Oh...and Rudy isn't going to run either. That settles it. No one else left. Just Romney. Last man standing. Besides the folks are starting to get debate fatigue. Time to wrap this up and raise the 1 billion Romney will need to win. After all it’s the money that always matters most. Mother’s milk and all that. Did I tell you about Christie?

BTW- I made up NONE of the above- all of it was in the news yesterday or today in various articles
6.) Huck enters citing National events (like unemployment going up further; GDP going negative) involving the economy and jobs as the reason.

This remains the one item that is most beyond effect of all the others falling into place. If he doesn't want it...well...he doesn't want it. But it is STILL there as of tonight and tonight might just open the path more clearly.

7.) Happy Halloween!

Limbaugh has now rallied to Cain and Cain may very well emerge in the next two weeks as the frontrunner in spite of the coronation of Romney by the GOP elite and their friends in the press. That is what we need because the only thing more scary to those folks than Huck walking up to Whitehouse with the keys is Herman Cain doing it instead.

Trick or Treat?

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:37 pm 
General

Liked: 71
After tonight debate, New Hamshire on bloomberg tv which no one watched, Huckabee could still win the middle of the nation.

Cain will be on decline unless talk radio steps in to help him. Perry is unispiring.

Post by FiscalConservative has received Likes: 4 IowaforHuckabee, Iowans Rock, Southern Doc, Steadfast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
But if Huckabee did step in at this point, he would need to have some impressive policy proposals ready to roll out. He can't run on the FairTax alone.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: Huckabeliever

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 pm 
General

Liked: 71
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
But if Huckabee did step in at this point, he would need to have some impressive policy proposals ready to roll out. He can't run on the FairTax alone.

Delivery would not be the issue. He just needs the right people to help him put it together. He could answer some of his critics if he would come up with an inovated and simple economic plan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:19 pm 
General

Liked: 41
I agree, Christopher, Huckabee would need a plan right off the bat to create jobs. I know he wants to go with the Fair Tax, but he needs an excellent Plan B to put out there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:31 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Well, Rick Perry has proven that when the voters are watching Obama vs Perry in the debates, that Perry will come out the loser.

Herman Cain-I like his message, I like his honesty-I like his courage to stick with his convictions. But all I remember about Cain is 999. With no real specifics.

Romney looks good in the debates because no one, I mean NO ONE, is giving him any challenging questions and no follow up. Just yesterday we find out that Romney's advisors assisted the white house with Obamacare. Why didn't anyone bring that up in the debate? So of course Romney looks good, no one is challenging him.

But as Southern Doc said, Mike Huckabee has got to want it. Does he?

As Christopher said, Mike Huckabee would have to come out with some very specific proposals right out of the gates. Has he been getting those ready?

I think America is still looking for someone besides Romney. I think it is Huckabee.

Is he willing to be the Somebody to do the Something?

We have about 10 days to find out.....

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 am 
Major General

Liked: 54
If Romney is the nominee, then Obama wins. The primary issue is, and will be, the economy in general, but the lack of jobs in particular. Romney, unlike Obama, has a business background, which he is trying to sell as an asset, but which will in reality prove to be his undoing. Why? Romney’s business was chiefly built around the departure of the industrial base from America and the resultant export of American jobs overseas in the nineties and early two thousands. Romney and his fellow investors became wealthy by buying up struggling American companies, splitting up their assets, selling them off, and exporting production overseas to a cheaper labor market. Some of this was brought out in the 08 campaign, but you can be sure that it will be highlighted to a far greater extent if he should become the nominee.

How is that going to sell to the American electorate? Romney and his associates became richer at the expense of the electorate. Romney, born into a wealthy (and political) family became more wealthy still by eliminating American jobs. People may see Obama as incompetent when it comes to helping create jobs, but will they reject him for a man who appears to be quite competent in making himself wealthy by destroying American jobs? The question put to the electorate will be, “Would you rather be under the affable, though not entirely business wise, Fezziwig or the shrewd but callused businessman Scrooge?” This is the picture they will present over and over again and how will Romney be able to answer; “I was visited by three spirits just last night and I’m a new man now”? Some people may buy it, but most will not.

I repeat, if Romney wins the nomination, then Obama wins – period. It will be impossible to use the health care mandate as an issue, and worse still, it will be absolutely detrimental to use the loss of jobs as an issue. Romney and the Republicans will have one issue left, Obama is a liar. And of course we all know that multi-mouthed Mitt never told a lie in his political life, right?

Post by byourCreator has received Likes: 2 Craig88USC, twitter2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:43 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
ConservTexan wrote:
Well, Rick Perry has proven that when the voters are watching Obama vs Perry in the debates, that Perry will come out the loser.

Herman Cain-I like his message, I like his honesty-I like his courage to stick with his convictions. But all I remember about Cain is 999. With no real specifics.

Romney looks good in the debates because no one, I mean NO ONE, is giving him any challenging questions and no follow up. Just yesterday we find out that Romney's advisors assisted the white house with Obamacare. Why didn't anyone bring that up in the debate? So of course Romney looks good, no one is challenging him.

But as Southern Doc said, Mike Huckabee has got to want it. Does he?

As Christopher said, Mike Huckabee would have to come out with some very specific proposals right out of the gates. Has he been getting those ready?

I think America is still looking for someone besides Romney. I think it is Huckabee.

Is he willing to be the Somebody to do the Something?

We have about 10 days to find out.....

More than being a businessman, more than being a politician, and more than being a candidate, Romney is a salesman. He is like the pesky encyclopedia salesman from decades ago who just won't go away until you decide to buy a four year subscription to the World Almanac. He's interested in closing the deal and he'll change the pitch - or the product (himself) - as much as is necessary to seal the deal.

I will never vote for Romney under any circumstances because I believe he is more plastic and ideologically malleable than any political personality in my entire lifetime - Clinton included. I don't think he's a bad guy necessarily - I'm sure he can be pleasant to talk to and that he probably loves his family. But I think that he is willing to do, say, and become anything necessary in order to fulfill what he believes is his life's mission - to become the President and to do the one thing that his dad wasn't able to accomplish.

Honestly, if he manages to win the Republican nomination, despite all his so obvious inconsistencies, he deserves to be President and America will deserve the bad set of choices that we've chosen. Do you know how hard it is for a person to successfully invent something, brag about it and then publicly attack its offspring? That's talent. He invents Obamacare but then declares that he's going to be the one to bring it to an end? And people buy that? Again, if he pulls it off, he deserves to win and we deserve to be led by yet another rudderless captain.

[Sorry, but I can't get off the idea of how ludicrous and incredible it is that Romney's actually attacking the derivative of his own program. It's like Hip Hop Mogul Russell Simmons saying that rap music is horrible. Rush Limbaugh criticizing the lack of civility among up-and-coming political pundits. Kim Kardashian lashing out at the Flight Attendant who slid down the exit ramp last year for trying to milk his fifteen minutes of fame. If he pulls it off, he's really, really smart and we're really, really dumb].

Also, if Romney is able to successfully convince everyone that his position changes are all natural and don't reflect a lack of inner conviction - he deserves to lead the country. Also, his winning would open up a whole new opportunity for politicians to change positions for political expediency. President Obama can one day make a run for leadership of a Tea Party Group ("folks ... I was ... wrong ... about my positions. But, now I'm for less government!!"). Rudy Giuliani can get the endorsement of the National Right To Life. Dick Cheney can become the darling of the Occupy Wall Street Movement. If Romney is able to convince everyone to ignore his entire life and be convinced that no matter what he used to believe that he now agrees with them, his victory will show politicians everywhere that truly nothing is impossible. Yes, former Representative Wiener. You can join the Moral Majority ... it's only a few position changes away.

People hoping to choose a GOP candidate are so tired of getting visits from the kid selling newspapers, the annoying neighbor across the street, and from the Jehovah's Witnesses that the Encyclopedia Salesman doesn't look so bad in comparison. They think "he's well dressed ... he's well spoken ... he's neat ... he's polite and smiles a lot ... he's been out in the cold a long time now ... maybe I should crack the door open and talk to him. He bothers me less than the other folks.." But those who give in and settle for the Salesman, with the hope that he'll help educate the kids and ... well, we won't have to hear him knocking on the door anymore, will be disappointed in the long run. As soon as he's got your money and has what he wants, he's going to go on to his next job, going door to door selling Rolling Stone magazine, which he's been marketing to his less conservative customers - he is, after all, a salesman and wants to be everything to everybody. Want to buy a four year subscription?

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 2 Craig88USC, juditupp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:50 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
christopher.wilkerson wrote:

Is entitlement reform the opening?
From GOP12:
Did Christie abandon entitlement reform?
Steve Hayes makes a good point about Chris Christie's endorsement of Mitt Romney -- a candidate who quite clearly isn't into making significant entitlement reform.

"This [Christie] is a guy who came down to Washington last spring and gave this speech, saying 'It's time to do big things, it's time to be bold, we've got to do entitlement reforms.'

He even threatened to campaign against House Republicans who weren't pushing hard enough on entitlement reform.... he didn't say anything about entitlement reform today, he didn't get into any of those things."

Also, remember, that reportedly, Paul Ryan and Christie spoke this summer about one of the two running for president if the field didn't show appropriate interest in entitlement reform.
http://gop12.thehill.com/2011/10/did-ch ... eform.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:22 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
I pray that Huck's VALUABLE endorsement is either for Perry or Cain, but NOT Romney.

New poll out today..

“Generic” Republican and Obama, Obama wins by 5 points – 41-36.

•Despite several bad debate performances by Perry in September, when respondents watched a clip of Perry he actually gained more support than any of the other candidates and beat Obama by 6-points, 42-36.

•Now Romney had a slightly higher margin – he beat Obama by 7-points 40-33, but he did it with less support. He got less support than Perry, but so did Obama, and there were more people who were uncertain about him, which doesn’t come as a surprise — there’s clearly been a lot of dissatisfaction with Romney as the establishment candidate.

•Finally, the candidate we’re all most interested in — Herman Cain. The question is can he win the Republican primary? And can he win the general election?

•Well, he can certainly win the Republican primary. Across all treatments, when asked to choose among the eight GOP candidates, Cain won handily with 28% of the vote, followed by Romney at 19% and Perry at 12%.

•When it comes to a general election, Cain barely edged out Obama 35-34,

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
I think Romney continues to get away with the health care issue because Romneycare and Obamacare are in fact significantly different. The difference is that Romneycare is one state's answer to the problem of coverage, and Obamacare is an arguably unconstitutional, national system.

Federalism is a fundamental conservative value that Obamacare violates. Romneycare obviously doesn't violate that value. Perhaps that's why the Heritage Foundation supported it.

When you veer off towards criticizing Romneycare on other grounds, it becomes less compelling.

After all, states require us to buy car insurance so long as we drive.

It's not hard to make the small jump to saying that a state should require us to buy health insurance. It's distinct from the car insurance case since here you don't have to do anything positive (like having a car and driving it) to be required to purchase health insurance. But everyone needs health care at some point, whereas everyone doesn't need to drive.

Furthermore, it's the nature of health that one can't know when one'll lose it, unlike the car insurance case in which you can plan to drive or not.

The aspect of the program that subsidizes coverage at certain levels is coherent once you adopt the mandate. If people can't afford it, how can they be expected to satisfy the mandate requirement? The subsidization is also consistent with the fact of the safety net. If you're poor enough you can qualify for medicaid. But a certain portion of the lower middle class that isn't poor enough for medicaid also can't afford their own health insurance. To not subsidize their coverage is to incentivize poverty, in a sense.

Now, you could say no level of government should be involved in helping provide healthcare. To be consistent, this would mean opposing medicare, medicaid, community health centers, etc. But none of the Republican candidates are going to go after these things. So it's difficult to go after Romneycare and make consistent sense doing so, in theory.

You could say costs have increased under Romneycare. But Mass. apparently had the highest health costs in the country prior to the program. So there's something else at work there. On top of that, Romney wanted to let people have simpler, catastrophic plans to satisfy the mandate. This would have led to lower costs, but the Dem. leg wouldn't have it. So he isn't responsible for some of the most expensive aspects of the plan.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.