Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:16 am 
Major

Liked: 90
FirstCoastTerp wrote:
Mike has done and does a lot on the abortion issue. There doesn't have to be a conflict between multiple causes.

I know he has. In fact the one time I was able to see him speak live was when he was the key note for an event locally to help raise funds for our local crisis pregnancy center. All I am saying is that I see things like this or helping tsunami victims or sending mosquito nets to the jungle or whatever else, and they are all good causes. But anyone throwing around numbers like 30,000 in 3 months deserves to face the true facts of what murdering our own kids really looks like.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:21 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
MIKE HUCKABEE: "A lot of attention has been focused on a recent commercial campaign I participated in for the ONE Campaign. The commercial is meant to be controversial and grab attention to help fight FAMINE and I am glad that it has. Having said that, I did not use profanity in the filming of this commercial or at any other time in my life. The F-word being referred to in the ad is Famine and I am proud to be a part of the ONE campaign in helping fight it."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:24 am 
Major

mxnwilson wrote:
MIKE HUCKABEE: "A lot of attention has been focused on a recent commercial campaign I participated in for the ONE Campaign. The commercial is meant to be controversial and grab attention to help fight FAMINE and I am glad that it has. Having said that, I did not use profanity in the filming of this commercial or at any other time in my life. The F-word being referred to in the ad is Famine and I am proud to be a part of the ONE campaign in helping fight it."

So according to Mike he is saying "let's put a famine end to famine"???? He should have said, "I didnt use profanity. I said that we should put a freaking end to famine" or he should have said that he did use it to bring attention to the f-word that does real damage: famine. But that quote doesnt even make any sense.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
karrboy84 wrote:
FirstCoastTerp wrote:
Mike has done and does a lot on the abortion issue. There doesn't have to be a conflict between multiple causes.

I know he has. In fact the one time I was able to see him speak live was when he was the key note for an event locally to help raise funds for our local crisis pregnancy center. All I am saying is that I see things like this or helping tsunami victims or sending mosquito nets to the jungle or whatever else, and they are all good causes. But anyone throwing around numbers like 30,000 in 3 months deserves to face the true facts of what murdering our own kids really looks like.

Actually, he has, and I'm sure he will continue to be one of America's strongest pro-life voices. We need Huckabee to be our President as he would sign a Pro-Life amendment and try to overturn Roe v. Wade! He would overturn Obamacare that will pay for abortions. Mike Huckabee stands for life wherever, and that is one thing this ad does point out: that the starving child in Africa is as precious as ones here. The little Israeli baby killed by an angry mob was just as precious, too. And the sad thing is that wherever freedom from government tyranny is not in place, thousands or millions are being indiscriminately killed, daily. Yes, America's tolerance of a right to abortion is abhorrent, and we pray that soon the pro-choice "rights" will end.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:53 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
FirstCoastTerp wrote:

Indeed! A child is a child is a child. To not think otherwise is cold-hearted. I am shocked that anyone who is so strongly pro-life would be upset at any effort to feed starving children. It may not seem as important, but if it was you or your little child starving day after day until death, you might change your mind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:20 pm 
Major

IowaforHuckabee wrote:
FirstCoastTerp wrote:

Indeed! A child is a child is a child. To not think otherwise is cold-hearted. I am shocked that anyone who is so strongly pro-life would be upset at any effort to feed starving children. It may not seem as important, but if it was you or your little child starving day after day until death, you might change your mind.

You are missing my point. The point is that at least the starving children got a chance at life. Should we help them? Of course. But it just upsets me that people worth over a billion dollars (bono is worth 900 mil) can spend so much money and effort on something like this and not give any effort towards bigger issues. I retract any statement that may have made people believe I dont want hungry kids fed. Lets stop starvation....I would just prefer that we work on the true terrors of this age before trying to rally the troops behind a "less significant" (solely in terms of numbers) issue.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:25 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
Gosh lighten up....religious folks can be so ate up and legalistic...when u come against things like this...the world mocks christians for the wrong reason. Look all through the old testament God used incredibly seemingly foolish things to shock the world by his prophets. Eating cows dung...sleeping on your side a certain amount of days...outrageous things....why....to shock folks.

Post by dadof5 has received Likes: 2 mxnwilson, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:39 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I respect everyones oppinion here but I watched the video and thought it was a good ad. I thought Mike showed that though folks can be totaly opposite in views, they can come together for a good cause. I dont think Mike was wrong for doing it.

Post by FL4Huck has received Likes: 2 mxnwilson, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:58 pm 
General

Liked: 71
steves wrote:
FiscalConservative wrote:
How disappointing!! Huck has proven that he is just a politician no better than the rest! What upsets me most is that Huck lowered not only himself but the Name of Christ! Oh look....a Christian is willing to join the world to get his face out there!! No wonder the world does not take us seriously!!

Hey Tolbert.....how'd you hack into FiscalConservative's H.A. account???

Well it wasn't Tolbert but actually FiscalConservative's wife hacking her hubby's account. I am not shocked that she had a stronger reaction to it than me because that is just the way we operate. We would be too boring without it.

She makes a good point and I agree with her that as christains we should be different than the world. I just don't look to Huckabee for spiritual advice and support. He will have to deal with his own short commings just like anyone else.

I am willing to seperate the politician from the former pastor and still believe the best person to lead this country out of the the financial mess is Huckabee.

Like I said before, I just want someone who knows how to create jobs which my family is in desperate need of. I look to my church for my spiritual direction and encouragement.

For the record, my wife does supports Huckabee but she is disappointed with his involvement with the PSA.

Signed,
The Real FiscalConservative

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Tell her to sign herself "Mrs. Fiscal Conservative" next time so we don't worry that you've gone schizophrenic on us! :lol:

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: FirstCoastTerp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:09 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Too funny The Real FC

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:03 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
Mrs. Values Voter never takes over my HA account but she does sometimes take over the TV remote when I'm trying to watch Monday Night Football. :(

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:31 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Mrs. Values Voter never takes over my HA account but she does sometimes take over the TV remote when I'm trying to watch Monday Night Football. :(
TVV, it's called sanctification!! :floor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:31 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I saw the ad, and although I never thought Huckabee actually said the F word, I still didn't get a good feel from it, and I certainly would have advised him not to do it. It is my belief that we should keep ourselves from the very "appearance" of evil.

I haven't lost all faith in Huckabee, but I just think it is a case of bad judgment. There are a lot of different ways to bring attention to the problems of famine without giving the appearance of using vulgarity.

Post by WalterCan has received Likes: 3 FirstCoastTerp, Huckabeliever, ohiorepublican09

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:31 pm 
Captain

Liked: 26
Thank you WalterCan. I think you just explained perfectly what bothered me so about the ad...the "appearance" of evil, which, as Christians, we are admonished to avoid.

I still love Governor Huckabee, and I'm very thankful for his passionate, articulate defense of life, and his obvious love for and defense of this country.

Post by Hannamarar Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:39 pm 
General

Liked: 3
I have to say the video left a "bad taste" in my mouth and I never ever considered sending money based on the video. Maybe there are some out there that will.

If you would like a different "colorful" approach to helping the people of Africa, Daily Paintworks is raising money by artists selling their art and then donating the money. I have participated in this as an artist. I donated the money from my painting to the Red Cross/ Help Africa. A few months ago we did the same thing to help Japan and raised almost $30,000. A great feeling to be a part of something positive. And the people that buy the art have a nice piece of art.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Challeng ... E4147B5F13

Post by kuphoff Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
I respect everyone's opinion about Huck's role in the ad, and, to a large degree, understand where everyone's coming from. I certainly understand and largely agree with avoiding the very appearance of evil.

But, since this ad has caused so much discussion here, I do want to remind everyone of the true obscenity that the ad seems to have been designed to highlight. It is much worse than any word that someone can utter. And, unfortunately, it can't be simply bleeped out.

(As much as I hate profanity, I'm much, much, much more bothered by images of these poor children than I am by even the actual use of the word that is alluded to in the ad).

Please prayferfully consider giving something through any organization that will provide supplies to those who desperately need it. It doesn't have to be the agency that produced the ad. But just please consider giving something to help the poor victims.

And to karryboy's point, I agree that abortion is an evil that kills an enormous number of unborn human lives. But I don't think that we're limited to opposing just one form of evil. I, like the Governor, want to eliminate both abortion as well as to help people who are in desperate need. We aren't limited and can firmly fight for justice for both the unborn and the recently born.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 3 justgrace, Miranda, mxnwilson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:41 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Too bad the ad didn't shock people with pictures like this of the reality there instead of distracting from the issue. I absolutely agree with you, TVV, the starvation of those helpless people is the greater obscenity!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:58 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
kuphoff wrote:
I have to say the video left a "bad taste" in my mouth and I never ever considered sending money based on the video. Maybe there are some out there that will.

If you would like a different "colorful" approach to helping the people of Africa, Daily Paintworks is raising money by artists selling their art and then donating the money. I have participated in this as an artist. I donated the money from my painting to the Red Cross/ Help Africa. A few months ago we did the same thing to help Japan and raised almost $30,000. A great feeling to be a part of something positive. And the people that buy the art have a nice piece of art.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Challeng ... E4147B5F13

Thank you, Kuphoff, for the link! We are always amazed at the talent here at Hucks Army! I checked out some of the paintings there and was impressed with the quality. Is your avatar an example of some of your art? I would love to see your paintings.

There are many ways to help the cause of feeding the children. I do like World Vision and we sponsor a child in Dominican Republic as well as give extra for others. Maybe many of us could help this way in the Horn of Africa, too. Thanksgiving (we have such abundance) and Christmas (God gave His greatest gift) would be so appropriately observed by remembering the starving children and sending aid.

In this, I thank Gov. Huckabee for raising awareness of the famine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:56 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
Sometimes in our efforts to abstain from all appearances of evil, we cross the line of another appearance of evil--gossip!! :(

Post by mxnwilson Liked by: janelles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next