Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:30 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
It's getting down to the wire! If Gov. Huckabee is going to get in, he'll have to do it soon. I know we all hope he pushes open that cracked door and decides to step through.

I'm starting this thread to give us a place to write a message to the Governor...perhaps he might even read them.

We have some excellent writers here at HA...I can't wait to hear your messages.

Give it your best shot folks!

Post by Steadfast Liked by: akprayingmom
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:11 am 

Liked: 57
Governor Huckabee Your our best chance at beating Obama. We cant trust Romney, who knows he would choose for the supreme court, or even vp. You are a very good debater, unlike some of the current candidates. We would have your back if you enter the race. When you win the Presidency your good friends Chuck Norris, or Jon Voight could perhaps take your timeslot at FNC. Please run for President you are the only hope we have.

Post by Texan4Huckabee has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, GrannyT, janelles, Steadfast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:19 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8hEUaQ0CA

We need you Gov Huckabee to be the October surprise!

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, bmk2307, GrannyT, Steadfast, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:47 am 

Liked: 152
Gov. Huckabee,
I cannot get enthusiastic about any of the current candidates. Please reconsider! We need "A Simple Government"! Step up and "Do the Right Thing"! America needs you to lead us "From Hope to Higher Ground"! I'm tired of living in Obamaland! Please help us change our country back to small Hucktowns :!:

What are you waiting for :?: Help us paint the country red!

Donna

Post by GrannyT has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, All-in-for-Mike, Grandville, Steadfast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:16 am 

Liked: 9
Who will speak up to protect freedom of religion?
Who will speak up to protect our freedom of speech?
Who will speak up to protect our children?
Who will speak up to protect our health, and repeal Obamacare?
Who will protect Israel, from those who wish to destroy her?
Who will protect us from Government overreach?
Who will put a going out of business sign on the I.R.S.?
Who will protect our businesses from excessive regulations?
Who will speak for the unborn, and the Human Life Amendment?
Who will speak for the unemployed, and those who embrace the FairTax?
Who will speak for our families, with a Constitutional Amendment protecting marriage?
Who will, if not you Governor Huckabee? Who will?

Post by CherishAmerica has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, All-in-for-Mike, dadof5, Steadfast, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:50 am 
Major

Liked: 90
Mike,
6 months ago you lead every national poll for the GOP nomination and often lead Obama by multiple points. 5 months ago you broke our hearts with the news that you would not seek the GOP nomination. 4 months ago Donald Trump shot up the polls as a candidate that told it like it is, but he quickly faded. 3 months ago Michelle Bachmann was the flavor of the month as a strong conservative and tea party darling, but her lack of experience quickly sent her numbers plummeting. Less than 2 months ago Rick Perry was picked as the next best things: a long term governor of a strong souther state, but he dropped faster than he rose. Less than a month ago Herman Cain started moving back up in the polls and someone who supports the fair tax and has developed his 9-9-9 plan (which is unconstitutional) as something that can be explained to voters. He is also a strong conservative, but hasn't held even a low office. He will soon be seen as a candidate that cannot compete in the general and he too will fall.

The GOP has tried to talk everyone from Mitch Daniels to Chris Christie to Rudy Guiliani to get into this race. The mantra has been "anyone but Mitt" for so long. But each of those other candidates is lacking in some way. We need someone who has the governor experience of Perry, the conservative values of Bachmann, the gameplans and speaking ability of Cain, the establishment support of Romney, the issue-oriented strength of Santorum, and someone who can actually win in the general. There is only one person who fits the bill. That is you! Please Mike, do the right thing and run!

Post by karrboy84 has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, All-in-for-Mike, GrannyT, Steadfast, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:15 am 
Corporal

Liked: 10
Governor-

As I sit here I really have no clue what to type. As I have passed along many dozens of letters to you- I had the opportunity to read most of them. It seems almost like...."what else can be said?" I do want to be crystal clear on one thing, however. Whatever you are lead to do, whether it is different than what you are currently doing- or- getting into this race--I will support you 110 %.

I can fully understand in a human sense why you would NOT want to go down the Presidential path again. You no doubt love what you are doing and you are excellent at it. You can at some level have an influence on the culture and do it without the constant attack dogs nipping at your heels. Still- my own human desire is to see you in this race, but when I pray I always approach it as Jesus did in the garden when He prayed, "Not my will, but Thine be done."

As I recall- your decision on May 14 was no...."for now." As I remember it - you indicated back in June on a conference call you were perhaps open to looking a second time at the GOP field in the fall to see if a front runner had emerged that could carry the conservative mantle both fiscally and socially. Since the clock is running out--it is only natural your supporters are curious as to what you may be thinking. The field is in shambles and there is a hole the size of the Grand Canyon you could walk through. I don't know of any of your supporters that would want to twist your arm to run if it was going against God's plan and purpose for your life. (Maybe they exist- but I don't know any personally. )

Your situation reminds me in some respects of Elijah in the Old Testament. One of the most difficult commands to hear, and one of the hardest commands to obey, is the command to "hide." The admonition to go off and be alone, to get away from the public spotlight, to drop back and deliberately remain hidden. This is especially true if you are comfortable in the limelight, an up-front kind of person, one who is obviously gifted with leadership abilities. It's also true if you are a doer. A get-the-job-done kind of person. Of course, you have not been "hiding" completely, but as far as being a candidate this could perhaps apply.

Or, sometimes there is a capable woman, whether homemaker or career woman. Then, suddenly, they are snatched from their world of endless activity and effective involvement. God says, in no uncertain terms, "Hide yourself. Get alone. Get out of the limelight. Get away from all those things that satisfy your human pride and ego, and go live by the brook."

Sometimes sickness forces such a change. Sometimes we reach the peak of our energy output and begin to burn out, or we are about to do so. Sometimes God, without explaining Himself, simply removes us from one place and reshapes us for another.

God had two reasons for commanding Elijah to hide himself. First, He wanted to protect Elijah from Ahab; and second, He wanted to train him to become a man of God. When God says to us, almost out of the blue, "Hide yourself," He usually has both purposes in mind: protection and training.

God's ways are not our ways- His thoughts are not our thoughts. He has a plan for you. I wish I could help him enact the plan I want, but I realize that's not the way it works. I would like to think these last 4 months have been a time of waiting until He is ready to clearly wave the green flag. I have fasted, prayed, and done everything I can think of to do x 100.

As supporters we must just continue to pray that God's will be done. In fact- one way to define "God's Will" is...."exactly what I would choose- if I knew all the facts." I just don't know them all right now.
:pray
Randy Davis
http://www.chalkartist.com
641-680-2997
Ottumwa, Iowa

Post by ThatMan has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, Grandville, GrannyT, Steadfast, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:28 am 
General

Liked: 41
Governor Huckabee:

I have not been able to find a candidate who comes even close to what you can offer by being President. Yes, the attacks will be vicious, but with God's help you can rise above that and let God help you to respond correctly. As President Bush did when he was President, ignore the Washington lies, and do the best job you can do.

Please don't let Romney win the nomination. He and Perry and maybe Cain for are state's rights. You know that means that the liberal states will continue to have abortion. It is never right to okay killing these innocent babies and you are the only person who has the chance to stop them.

When you decided not to run that gave a clear opening for Romney and if Romney wins the nomination, but not the general election, we will have Obamacare forever because you know after it goes into effect, the people in Congress will not want to be responsible for taking away people's healthcare. Our country cannot afford Obamacare either now or especially for the future. Your grandchildren and mine cannot afford to pay for that program.

I have read many comments on the internet from people wanting your leadership to save our country. You be the somebody to step up, please!!!

God Bless
Ann Dodds

Post by Vote For Truth has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, GrannyT, janelles, Steadfast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:54 am 
Private

Liked: 14
I will support whoever is nominated by the people against President Obama. But the people are not well represented in the current slate of candidates. There is no one we can support with our hearts and minds and every ounce of energy we can muster. And that is what will be needed to defeat Obama and his machine. We already see what we are up against with the Occupy mobs in every city. We need a candidate who can ignite a fervor that will lead us to victory in 2012.

Governor, you are that leader. Consider this ... we have anticipated this moment since that day in April 2008 when you suspended your presidential campaign. We have remained together as a team, enlarging our ranks and readying ourselves for the challenge of another campaign. We have done this based on hope because you never promised us that you would run.

The pundits and Washington elites have tried to anoint candidate after candidate. They are looking for a hero. We are not so myopic. We recognize that what is needed is a uniter ... someone who has a clear platform that will resonate with the heart of America ... someone who will build bridges across party lines without sacrificing principle ... someone who will lead us and educate us without talking down to us. Governor, there is no one in the GOP field who fits the bill. You are that man.

I pray that the Lord will continue to show you the path you should follow. I am praying that His plan for America is for us to have a leader who loves Him and seeks to do his will. I pray that it will be you.

Post by artistry has received Likes: 3 justgrace, Steadfast, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
Governor,
If you are satisfied with a President Obama or a President Romney then by all means, remain on the sideline.......though, I can't imagine that you are. Hoping that you reconsider. Ready and willing to support your candidacy in any way I can.
Regards,
Steve

Post by steves Liked by: Steadfast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
I think James Carville has just said it best.....
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/13/opinion/c ... hpt=hp_bn3
Republican field for 2012 is pathetic"(CNN) -- It is no secret that President Obama is in a tough fight for re-election. He is correct in describing himself as the underdog at the present time.

In an atmosphere of high unemployment, declining incomes, and worldwide financial angst you would be correct in thinking that the Republicans are on the verge of having another big year. In order for the president to win this go-round it is essential that he faces a weak Republican opponent. This opponent would undoubtedly emerge from an equally weak Republican field.

Thus far the Republican field of 2012 is a Democratic dream come true. This crop of candidates is not just weak, it is a joke.Now you are saying, "There goes that crazy Cajun again calling the opposition a joke." I can hear the men in wool sport coats with suede elbow patches scratching their chins. There is a collective harrumph from the "it's time to tone down the rhetoric" crowd of people. Before you condemn my rather provocative adjective in describing the Republican field, please consider the following:

1. It is undeniably the duty of the opposition party to field a credible slate of candidates for the nation's highest office. It is particularly important that they do so in times of national distress (and this certainly qualifies as such).

2. This situation in modern times is most analogous to the presidential primaries of 1980. To justify my deeming the Republican field an absolute joke I have compiled a list of comparable candidates for your reading pleasure. This battle of résumés proves incredibly entertaining -- feel free to indulge.

Lets start at the top by matching up the front-runners:

Mitt Romney vs. Ronald Reagan -- please hold your laughter because it's only getting funnier from here on out. Reagan stepped up as two-time governor of California who came within an inch of the nomination in 1976. He gave the keynote address at the Republican convention of 1964 and was a longtime consistent conservative for years prior to his running for president for the second time in 1980. Romney is an accomodationist technocrat who is an ideological pretzel of a man. In his four years as governor, Massachusetts ranked 49th in job creation and Katrina saved him from coming in at 50. But hey -- Romney has recently released a 59-point economic plan for recovery. Go ahead and name three of those 59 points -- see, told ya so. I have no idea why that right-wing clown in Dallas is attacking his Mormon faith -- it may be the only thing he really believes in.

This one is delicious -- Rick Perry vs. George H. W. Bush. I'm sorry, but Perry is Fred Thompson on steroids. To be clear, Thompson was actually a pretty damn good lawyer who has some intellectual heft to him -- although he hid it rather well in his 2008 race. On the contrary, Perry literally can't string two sentences together. His performance before the Values Voters Summit was universally panned. Perry couldn't give a good speech with all the time in the world to prepare. We are now told the problem is that he doesn't get enough sleep. Break out the Lunesta -- Rick Perry is coming storming back! Note to the Perry campaign: You are supposed to give him the Lunesta after the debate, not before. I know Perry speaks some Spanish but I don't believe "debate" translates to "siesta." Bush was a war hero, a successful entrepreneur, director of the Central Intelligence Agency, ambassador to the United Nations, U.S. envoy to China, and chairman of the Republican National Committee. George H. W. Bush went on to serve as vice president and president of the United States. Sorry, Rick, I don't see you filling those shoes anytime soon.

Let's match up Herman Cain vs Bob Dole. Like George H.W. Bush, Dole was a war hero, a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, became a senator, was selected as a vice-presidential running mate, and chaired the Republican National Committee. He later went on to serve as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Senate majority leader, and Senate minority leader. Herman can't even make an edible pizza. Republican or not -- you have to admit, that stuff was pretty bad.

Moving on to Michele Bachmann vs. Howard Baker (I'm sorry I couldn't help myself.) Baker served in the U.S. Navy, was elected to the U.S. Senate, was asked to serve on the Supreme Court by Nixon, and served two terms as Senate minority leader. He later received the Presidential Medal of Freedom and inspired the formation of the Howard H. Baker, Jr. Center for Public Policy at the University of Tennessee. Could you see Michele Bachmann being nominated for a Presidential Medal in the near future?! Of course, some people might say, to be fair to Bachmann, Baker has never claimed to cure anyone of homosexuality.

I haven't even spoken of former governor of Texas John Connally who, unlike Perry, served as a competent governor, served as both secretary of the Navy and secretary of the Treasury. Even I am getting tired of beating this piñata of a field. The other Republicans of the presidential primaries of 1980 consisted of Sen. Lowell Weicker of Connecticut, who was a liberal Republican and a rather influential member of the Senate Watergate committee (for those of you over 45 you can remember such a species.)

John Anderson, selected as a third-party candidate, went on to gain a significant number of votes in the general election. Phil Crane, a well-respected Republican, was thought to be an articulate promoter of conservative ideology. Harold Stassen would fit in nicely with the current crop of underwhelming candidates sure to disappoint. Ben Fernandez, the former ambassador to Paraguay, was said to be the first Hispanic to run for president. He has escaped my memory much like I'm sure Thaddeus McCotter has escaped your memory by now as well (let the Googling ensue).

The two most qualified candidates, Newt Gingrich and Jon Huntsman, can't even get their own party to take them seriously. Jon Huntsman's career can be compared to Lowell Weicker's unsuccessful quest for a presidential nomination. Gingrich's public ethical issues have made him a presidential outcast. Regardless, these four are notoriously marked by their inability to get votes (in their favor that is.)

I'll conclude by saying that it may not be appropriate to refer to the Republican slate as a joke. I'm sorry I take it back -- they are, more fittingly, pathetic. In times like this there is nothing wrong with the nation having a good laugh, just as long as it's not at the expense of a major political party. The 1980 field in comparison to 2012 reminds me of the recent LSU vs. Florida game.

Not to rub it in but the score was LSU 41- Florida 11

Post by steves Liked by: Steadfast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:13 pm 
Captain

Liked: 57
What else can we say to you Governor Huckabee, our beloved friend, mentor and leader?

GOD wasn't calling you in May, but could He be calling you now?
Praying GOD will bless America with a Godly man at the helm of our nation who will listen to the navigation from the LORD to right our ship. The only man I see on the horizon is Mike Huckabee.

You once spoke about how Christians should interpret the economic downturn from a faith perspective. You said this crisis may be “the greatest opportunity for spiritual revolution” in his lifetime as people understand the “emptiness of stuff and the fullness of CHRIST.” So many of us are so blessed by your sagacious mindset and ability to see everything through the eyes of CHRIST. Thank you! —for being the David and the Joseph and the Daniel in our lives, that helps to redirect our focus back where it needs to be: solely on CHRIST our Solid Rock!

I believe this last few months has been a time of seasoning and tempering you from the LORD for a greater purpose than you have had until now.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not for I am with you; Be not dismayed for I am your GOD. I will strengthen you Yes I will help you I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
James 1:12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that GOD has promised to those who love Him.
Hebrews 10:35-36 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of GOD, you will receive what He has promised.
Deuteronomy 1:21 Look, the LORD your GOD has set the land before you; go up and possess it, as the LORD GOD of your fathers has spoken to you; do not fear or be discouraged.'
2 Corinthians 1:21 it is GOD who makes both us and you stand firm in CHRIST. He anointed us,
2 Corinthians 1:24 But that does not mean we want to dominate you by telling you how to put your faith into practice. We want to work together with you so you will be full of joy, for it is by your own faith that you stand firm.
Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

This Casting Crowns song says it perfectly:
We were made to be courageous. We were made to lead the way. We could be the generation That finally breaks the chains.

We were warriors on the front lines. Standing, unafraid. But now we're watchers on the sidelines. While our families slip away

Where are you, men of courage? You were made for so much more. Let the pounding of our hearts cry We will serve the Lord

We were made to be courageous And we're taking back the fight We were made to be courageous And it starts with us tonight

The only way we'll ever stand Is on our knees with lifted hands Make us courageous Lord, make us courageous

This is our resolution. Our answer to the call. We will love our wives and children. We refuse to let them fall.

We will reignite the passion. That we buried deep inside. May the watchers become warriors.

And this one is us by John Waller
I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You, LORD. And I am hopeful, I'm waiting on You, LORD. Though it is painful, But patiently, I will wait.
I will move ahead, bold and confident, Taking every step in obedience. While I'm waiting, I will serve You, While I'm waiting. I will worship, While I'm waiting.
I will not faint. I'll be running the race, Even while I wait. And I am peaceful, I'm waiting on You, Lord. Though it's not easy, But faithfully, I will wait, Yes, I will wait,

Maybe we are to be the Nathan of 2 Samuel 7 and call you to do the work of the LORD.
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader."—John Q. Adams
Governor Huckabee, you have inspired us to go and be the somebodies and do the somethings. Now we hope you feel the call from the LORD to get into the race for president in 2012 to be the someone who will be directed by the LORD to go forth as Moses was lead the people out of the wilderness and into the promised land!
:pray
You are constantly in our prayers and we support you 110% in what ever direction the LORD is leading you!
GOD Bless you Governor Huckabee, Janet and your family!

Ps: Hope you get a chance to watch the video created specifically for you by DraftHuckabee2012 featuring the song May Day by Sonic Flood
http://youtu.be/6o8hEUaQ0CA

Post by akprayingmom has received Likes: 4 janelles, justgrace, Steadfast, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:14 pm 
Major General

Liked: 8
Dear Governor Huckabee,

Please, please, please reconsider running for President of the U.S.A.! Our country NEEDS YOU!!! There is no one currently running that I would trust to lead our country! When you gave your answer several months ago that you believed it was God's will that you not run for office (if my memory serves me correctly), I wondered about your decison. I saw many many supporters telling you that you had their support. I saw an ARMY - Huck's Army - willing to do anything and everything possible to get you elected! I saw Team Huck working very hard and ready to do whatever it took to get you in office. I saw God's will as being that you needed to run for office. (That's my opinion of course)! God works through people, and people were telling you to RUN HUCK RUN - for office!!! They STILL are!!! We don't always know God's will, even when we think we do! Sometimes, we see our lives going in one direction, and then in a split second, everything changes, and goes in a totally different direction than what we had ever imagined! God does have a plan! What that is...I can't be 100% sure! I do know this...you have many supporters ready and willing, and I do believe you will be in the whitehouse if you jump in now! I have no faith in our country right now because I have no one to put my trust in as leader of our country as far as man is concerned...except YOU!!! I do have faith in God, and will pray for HIS WILL! There is a reason that your supporters are coming together to ask you to run for office once again! For awhile there, I know they respected your decision...but now they are asking once again! Hmmm...I wonder if God is working through people to encourage you to do HIS WILL? Just a thought! Put on that purple tie (if it's a yes), and let us know! Prayers lifted up for you!

Sincerely a dedicated supporter,
Amanda (Amy) Butt

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4 ... 873&ref=mf

https://www.huckpac.com/?FuseAction=Con ... me&r=23616 DONATE TODAY

Post by Amyb40 has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, All-in-for-Mike, janelles, Steadfast, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:00 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Governor ~

There’s no doubt you know how I feel and you also know I've never given up hope that you'll get in.

I could list 500 reasons why you should be our next president (okay...maybe that's a slight exaggeration), but I could probably come close.

Quite simply. You're the guy.

You're the guy who has inspired each of us to be the "someone" to the "something." You've challenged me to get involved in making a difference way beyond anything I thought possible.

You're the one guy who has never wavered on protecting the unborn, because you recognize that it is the moral failure of our generation.

You're the guy who has been the consistent voice for full-spectrum conservative issues.

You're the guy who communicates concisely and convincingly why social issues matter for the future of our country.

You're the guy who understands why supporting Israel is important.

You're the guy who has made tough life and death decisions as governor of Arkansas.

You’re the guy who understands that governing is not getting everything you want, when you want it, but instead working to solve problems. You understand that moving the ball toward the goal is far better than getting nowhere. It's such a shame that “compromise” has become such a negative thing among those who are supposed to be representing us.

I am thankful for the opportunity I have been given to make a difference through Huck PAC and agree that it's very important that we elect a conservative house and senate in order to get our country back on the right track.

But, we also need a strong leader in the White House. Someone who is not swayed by opinion or polls. Someone who has the strength of character to do the right thing - even when unpopular.

So, I believe it's time for you to open that cracked door all the way and step boldly through it.

We are waiting on the other side to march with you all the way to the White House!

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 8 akprayingmom, All-in-for-Mike, janelles, justgrace, maryrae, navyqueen, Vote For Truth, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
Dear Gov. Huckabee: I tweet, e-mail, and use facebook to promote you. Since supporting you I have had "Huckabee for President" bumper stickers all over my Christmas tree. :) Last winter I joined other Iowa HuckPac volunteers to travel to each of your book tour bus stops. I saw - and felt- all those people look you in your eyes to beg and encourage you to run in the next election. I am doing my best in lots of ways to be "the somebody". (And happy to do these things!!!)

The rest of this message will be short but straight from my Huckabee Heart:

"May Day - May Day - May Day!!!"

Janelle in Story County Iowa

Post by janelles has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, justgrace, Steadfast, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I got to know about Governor Huckabee only when it was time to vote in the Kansas caucus in 2008. Though I have been involved as a precinct committee woman with local politics for years, I had not really been all that interested in the Republican primary. That is, until I heard speeches about Gov. Mike Huckabee.

At the caucus, there were perhaps two unenthusiastic McCain supporters who spoke; then the noisy, huge sign-carrying Ron Paul supporters. And lastly, there were the dozens of Huckabee fans who obviously loved their candidate and couldn't say enough good things about him. He won almost 70% of Kansas caucus votes! It was not hard for me to decide to support Governor Huckabee and become very involved in trying to help him win the general election.

I began posting on HuckPAC as gracepraying. My husband made my day when he offered to drive at 2:00 AM to Tulsa to meet Gov. Huckabee on his bus tour and get the book, Do the Right Thing, signed. Knowing there would be just a few seconds to talk with the governor, I had written prayer verses and a little message on a 3" x 5" card, along with my address for him to mail me any prayer requests. Imagine my joy when a few weeks later I received a personal letter of thanks from him, thanking me for praying for him.

When Mike Huckabee came to Wichita, KS in March, I got to be one of the Team Huck Kansas delegation to meet him on the bus! I made sure to tell him how meaningful it was that he had taken time to thank me for my prayers that time. This is a genuine, humble and kindly man of faith. He is the kind of person I would trust to place the leadership of America into his hands. Because I know he has the values, character, ideas, strength, experience, and temperament to work together for solutions to turn this nation back to its real roots and its greatness, I have not quit praying he would run again.

Yesterday was my husband's and my anniversary. I was thinking way back to those days of courtship. He fell in love with me months before I was sure I could tell him, "I love you." He would say those words, and I would say, "I like you very much." "I admire your character because..." But I felt a little young to commit, and when I said, "I love you," I wanted it to be forever. I struggled for months over doubts and issues of fear. But finally, one day came when I could see that all the objections or worries were not worth it in comparison with what my husband-to-be was offering me--his steadfast love and commitment. With prayer, I decided to say, "Yes." And that tiny, weak "Yes," I found soon blossomed into a confident love that almost blew me over. I was so happy, so relieved, and so sure. It was like all the former impediments and doubts just fell away, knowing that with our faith in God,we could face whatever would come.

I am telling you this, Governor Huckabee, to say that it made me think of you. Yes, there are many things that could go wrong if you do run for President. There are no guarantees that you would win. People will treat you poorly, some that is. But others will show you overwhelming love and loyalty. I just have to imagine you looking into your wife, Janet's eyes, and saying, "Let's go for it." And then, I think many of the impediments and doubts would just fall away. This time around, this election you are so much better known. You have a wide, wide enthusiastic fan club. Kevin McKullough would give you the receipts of his book sales ;-), and your loyal supporters would go crazy(er) working for you, we would be so excited!

You know many of us make prayer for you a daily or weekly thing. And we feel we just cannot let this go. Perhaps that is God's message to you, through us. Whatever you decide, we love, support, and pray for you and your family, Governor Huckabee. You have been such a blessing to us, and we want to bless you, too.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, Grandville, janelles, peggyp, Steadfast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:02 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Governor Huckabee,

Although each of the candidates currently running have some great qualities, there is no one that even comes close to the total package like you do.

Please run if God gives you the go ahead. Our country needs you so desperately.

Post by IowaforHuckabee has received Likes: 3 akprayingmom, janelles, Steadfast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:25 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
He looked down at the curiously quiet man before him. He knew him to ordinarily be a man of decisive action and ever quick with a word when needed. But, here he sat, head in hands obviously deep in thought. And, would that not be expected; under the present dire circumstances, that is. It was now evident that this plane was headed for destruction as a tool in the ongoing battle of good against evil, and just now, evil had the upper hand as it stood there knife in hand ready to take on all comers who might try to wrest control from its mischievous intent.

He knew the man had only moments ago called his beloved wife to seek her advice. He knew too that he had just spoken in humble prayer with his Creator to seek His direction foremost. But now, the moment demanded an immediate decision. Would he rise from his seat and lead a charge down that isle for liberty and justice, for life and the pursuit of happiness, or would he be content this time to stay seated and cheer someone else on?

There were others after all. How about that well dressed man edging his way into the aisle from the left? Did he not look very promising? But wait, there he was with both hands tied behind his back, and not only that, his whole body was so contorted from years of self-inflicted twisting and turning that it hardly appeared possible that he could prevail against the strength of his opponent should he make it down that narrow aisle.

How about that other gentleman over here on the right? He was pushing his way into the aisle also and he had some polish to him. Could he be successful? But what was that he was chanting? Ahh, that was it, he was declaring his attack strategy to rally his supporters: “Nine punches to his left side, nine to his right, then nine to the chin; that will take him down just watch and see.” Oh, but our man in the seat knew better from years of experience in fighting just such adversaries. As courageous as this man’s intent was his approach was far too naive to have any hope of success. The opponent’s box knife would quickly make a pizza out of our would-be hero before he landed three of his first nine punches.

Was there no one else? There, a few seats up on the right, there he was again a well dressed man trying to rally some help for the charge. But, oh no, once again he falters in the middle of his words and falls back as if even that exertion alone spent all his energy. How would he ever be successful in leading a charge for liberty?

Our observer looked down and back at the man in the seat. He knew what he was thinking: “But I don’t want to do this; they will cut me to shreds; let me just sit here in peace; victory is not assured; let someone else fight for life, justice, and liberty this time.” He knew, he knew him well, because he was him. He stood detached from himself observing himself, thinking “is this really who I am; can I remain seated when the hour of need has come?”

“That aisle is only wide enough for one man at a time to make a charge at the opponent. Someone must lead the attack, someone with courage, someone with faith, someone experienced in the ways of warfare, and someone who once they have wrested the controls away from the opposition will know how to right the plummeting ship before it is too late. Am I to be that someone?”

The man noticeably takes a breath and shakes his head as the enormity of this decision and its import presses down upon his soul. He instinctively knows who is the best qualified to lead this necessary charge, but instinctively also he knows the risks – and the pain.

We leave this solemn moment not yet knowing the outcome or its final resolution. Can the man be at peace with himself and remain in his seat?

But before we go a young child is heard asking her mother, “Mommy is there any hope?” to which the mother replies, “We hope so, darling, we hope so.” And, just then a hand reaches forward from one seat behind our man and firmly rests upon his shoulder as its owner whispers, “We’ve got your back, we’re ready to roll; just say the word.”

Post by byourCreator has received Likes: 6 akprayingmom, Indiana4Huck, IowaforHuckabee, janelles, peggyp, Steadfast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:50 pm 

Liked: 7
Dear Governor Huckabee,
I'm a 31 year old, Christian, simplistic, patriotic, Marine Corps wife. I've worked since I was 14 years old, loved my country, trusted by faith, and valued our American freedoms. My dreams may be small, but they are my own, and they are on hold. I am not comfortable bringing children into this situation because I am not confident in our future. I am now uncertain and distrustful, discouraged and heartbroken by our current state of affairs. Morals and principles are disintegrating, money hard earned and carefully invested is disappearing. The smallest of freedoms are being pulled from us daily, and optimism is fleeting. The joy and excitement of my youth is lost. I'm turning to you, as the Minister who lead me to Christ, the former Governor of my beautiful home state, and the sound minded, strong leader that you are, to restore HOPE. Please be the someone we can believe in, that we can wholeheartedly stand behind, be proud of, and rise to the occasion for. We are in great need... please hear the call, take the step, and know that we are all in this together.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Sincerely,
An Avid Supporter

Post by Kimberly has received Likes: 7 akprayingmom, IowaforHuckabee, janelles, justgrace, maryrae, Steadfast, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:10 pm 
Private

Location: De facto Citizen of the Blue State Void of NJ - Please Oblige (I'm doing my best!)
Liked: 4
I wrote this as a public note on FaceBook & other places on Sept. 30th when I read the Reuters article I mention (which is now recommended by some 900 people). The following now are my thoughts from that day and of which I still implore the good Governor to consider:

In light of the report at Reuters earlier today [ http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/ ... 8Y20110930 ], I want to offer the following for my Huckabee friends to read & share:

AN OPEN LETTER TO GOV. HUCKABEE

Dear Gov. Huckabee,

Please indulge me for a moment:

BACKGROUND
'The Big Flood'

It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. "Climb in!" shouted a man in the boat. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. "Heavenly Father," he said, "I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?" God gave him a puzzled look, and replied "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

MY POINT

I'm sure you know, Governor, that God speaks to us in many ways. Please do not discount the way he is using us, who in writing to you now feel called by God--to call you, in His Almighty Name--to the Presidency of our faltering nation.

These are historic times, but God has not turned His back on us. Help us awaken this land so that all may well know that He has ever been the source of all our blessings. In our 'Declaration of Independence' we never wavered that we were still yet actually dependent on only one thing: the Grace of God for which we owed everything.

When you are called by so many of your fellow 'pilgrims' in this Earthly 'journey', you must examine again the nature of what you discerned internally, earlier. Only you can measure the balance of God speaking to you through us, against the 'Voice' you hear in contemplation. I pray for you and your family, always. I trust no matter the outcome, if you do reconsider at this time, that it will be the 'right thing'.

May the Lord bless you,
-Kevin Bumpus
New Jersey HuckPAC volunteer

P.S.:
There used to be a way to bring leaders to office whether they were really looking for it or not. We all should 'learn our history', when it was duty, not ambition (see these great links):

Elections the American Way: Candidates - For Teachers (Library of Congress) >> http://v.gd/uDpo83

Today in History: November 5 - The Napoleon of the Stump (Library of Congress) >> http://v.gd/J13cSf
(NOTE: Polk had only ever suggested that he might be considered for the Vice Presidency)

Letter to the Mayor, Corporation, and Citizens of Alexandria by George Washington -
TeachingAmericanHistory.org >> http://v.gd/9B4Nag

The Election of 1789 « First in Peace >> http://v.gd/8EwagX

Second Term – Election and Inauguration « First in Peace >> http://v.gd/s3BdkT

Stepping Down « First in Peace >> http://v.gd/LiHFv0

Post by BumpusK has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, Steadfast