Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:38 am 
Major

Liked: 22
Did anyone catch the Huckabee show with Obama girl?

It was an interesting conversation. Huck gave her a Huckabee girl t shirt and she was crying saying how nice of a man he is.

Anybody else thinking what im thinking?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:43 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
And he told her that she should bave a shirt "just in case?"

Nope...didn't notice that at all....

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 2 Southern Doc, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
And Huck said, "Any other candidate you could get behind this time?"

And she said, "What are you up to?"

And he laughed and said, "Well, I'm doin' this show for now."

...Does the man perfectly craft his statements in order to drive HA bonkers?

P.S. When you have Carol Brady, Jim DeMint, and Obama Girl all wishing you'd run, then....

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere has received Likes: 2 jewelofbeauty, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:39 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Miserere wrote:
And Huck said, "Any other candidate you could get behind this time?"

And she said, "What are you up to?"

And he laughed and said, "Well, I'm doin' this show for now."

...Does the man perfectly craft his statements in order to drive HA bonkers?

P.S. When you have Carol Brady, Jim DeMint, and Obama Girl all wishing you'd run, then....

:floor

Yes, I have to wonder the same thing.

Post by justgrace Liked by: jewelofbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Would have been better if he had worn a purple tie.

Post by IowaforHuckabee has received Likes: 6 Chadballer, GrannyT, janelles, justgrace, Steadfast, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:41 pm 
Captain

Liked: 26
I, too, found that whole exchange between the Governor and the "Obama girl" intriguing, but I refuse to get my hopes up again, especially at this late date. I've resigned myself to watching the field that we have now.

Right now I'm leaning toward Herman Cain, but I do have several questions about the 9-9-9 plan, especially as it will affect retirees who do not draw social security. As I watched the last debate, and listened to Newt Gingrich bluntly articulate some of the real problems that our country faces, but no one really wants to talk about, I decided that a Herman Cain/Newt Gingrich (or perhaps Michele Bachman) ticket might make a winning ticket. I also like the economic plan that Gov. Perry has released.

I found the exchange between Herman Cain and Gov. Huckabee very interesting also. It seems to me that on his show the Governor is giving Mr. Cain every opportunity to fully explain his plan to the American people. As always, "Huckabee" was both entertaining and thought provoking.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:54 pm 
***** General

The clock hasn't run out yet. I refuse to settle and lower the bar. Purple tie next week? Hope a clip is available soon.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 3 GrannyT, QuoVadisAnima, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:05 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
Hannamarar wrote:
I, too, found that whole exchange between the Governor and the "Obama girl" intriguing, but I refuse to get my hopes up again, especially at this late date. I've resigned myself to watching the field that we have now.

Intriguing indeed......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:24 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Maybe Mike is trying to get the GOP and the elites to recognize that 'people' want him to run. Jim DeMint, Mitt Romney (he actually said he wished Mike would run!), Florence Henderson, Obama Girl (who could launch an ad campaign again). I only watch his show sporadically so maybe there are others. Or maybe Mike isn't doing it on purpose but God is orchestrating things... Or maybe I am seeing things that just aren't there. :oops: scratch

:(

Mike, please tell us you will run!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:47 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
My take on the Obama Girl segment:

First off, I intentionally didn't watch the opening clip of the Obama Girl video, but I hope he at least played only an excerpt that didn't show Amber in her bikini. Maybe that's part of Huck's intent behind giving her the shirt, "Make me a video; but cover up when you do!!" Haha.

At first watch the segment was less encouraging than I'd hoped, but as I think about it I think there may be something there. After reading the comments here, I had hoped that Amber's "What are you up to?" comment meant, "What are you up to here by giving me this shirt? Are you thinking about getting in?" Instead, it was more like, "Who am I going to endorse? Well, that depends. Are you running?" He hadn't given her any reason to suspect something when she asked the question.

HOWEVER, a few things to note:

Huck has done this segment with Amber before, just without the t-shirt. We already know she's disillusioned with Obama, and Huck didn't try to make a full segment out of it. In other words, he only brought her on to give her the shirt. Which begs the question: Why now? Why this week? Why not wait if he's planning on waiting until the next election? Could it be that he wanted her to have the shirt for when he runs, and he knows he's going to be a lot busier very soon?

Secondly, I think his response to her question was telling. "RIGHT NOW, I'm doing this show." As in, "Tonight, I'm doing this show. But I don't want to comment on tomorrow." If you're not running, Governor, why not comment on tomorrow?

Finally, his explanation as to his reason for giving her the shirt seemed telling. He basically said, "Just in case," but you could tell he was trying to say "Just in case," without giving away that he's reconsidering, but also without saying she might need it for 2016. The fact that he struggled for the right words here seemed to imply to me at least that he was hiding something. What could that be?!

Up to this point all we've seen from Huckabee is, "I'm listening and there's still a crack." With this segment combined with his collecting cell phone numbers, I think we're finally actually seeing him doing some things that point towards preparing to get back in. Maybe I'm reaching here, but I'm definitely getting more hopeful.

As soon as someone uploads the video of this segment, I think we need to get it into the hands of some media people to try to create a little buzz. I am officially getting my hopes up, but given the state of our current field of candidates, I'm just grateful to have a reason to hope again.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: jewelofbeauty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:05 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
cschande wrote:

First off, I intentionally didn't watch the opening clip of the Obama Girl video, but I hope he at least played only an excerpt that didn't show Amber in her bikini. Maybe that's part of Huck's intent behind giving her the shirt, "Make me a video; but cover up when you do!!" Haha.

At first watch the segment was less encouraging than I'd hoped, but as I think about it I think there may be something there. After reading the comments here, I had hoped that Amber's "What are you up to?" comment meant, "What are you up to here by giving me this shirt? Are you thinking about getting in?" Instead, it was more like, "Who am I going to endorse? Well, that depends. Are you running?" He hadn't given her any reason to suspect something when she asked the question.

Huck has done this segment with Amber before, just without the t-shirt. We already know she's disillusioned with Obama, and Huck didn't try to make a full segment out of it. In other words, he only brought her on to give her the shirt. Which begs the question: Why now? Why this week? Why not wait if he's planning on waiting until the next election? Could it be that he wanted her to have the shirt for when he runs, and he knows he's going to be a lot busier very soon?

Secondly, I think his response to her question was telling. "RIGHT NOW, I'm doing this show." As in, "Tonight, I'm doing this show. But I don't want to comment on tomorrow." If you're not running, Governor, why not comment on tomorrow?

Finally, his explanation as to his reason for giving her the shirt seemed telling. He basically said, "Just in case," but you could tell he was trying to say "Just in case," without giving away that he's reconsidering, but also without saying she might need it for 2016. The fact that he struggled for the right words here seemed to imply to me at least that he was hiding something. What could that be?!

Up to this point all we've seen from Huckabee is, "I'm listening and there's still a crack." With this segment combined with his collecting cell phone numbers, I think we're finally actually seeing him doing some things that point towards preparing to get back in. Maybe I'm reaching here, but I'm definitely getting more hopeful.

As soon as someone uploads the video of this segment, I think we need to get it into the hands of some media people to try to create a little buzz. I am officially getting my hopes up, but given the state of our current field of candidates, I'm just grateful to have a reason to hope again.

LOL - we can really tell who the law student is here at HA! And I mean that in the kindest way, Chris! :)

You're analysis is outstanding...I see it exactly the same.

IMO the timing of the segment is the most important thing. He absolutely knows we are waiting on a "final NO" or a "Yes" and we know he has until the end of October.

I'm taking this as a subtle message to all of us...hang on...give me a few more days....keep that power dry.

Post by Steadfast Liked by: jewelofbeauty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:41 am 
Major General

Liked: 54
Steadfast wrote:
He absolutely knows we are waiting on a "final NO" or a "Yes" and we know he has until the end of October.

I'm taking this as a subtle message to all of us...hang on...give me a few more days....keep that power dry.

To be more precise, he has until Nov. 1, 2011 at 5:00PM EST in SC.
Quote:
$35,000 from May 4 to the filing deadline on November 1, 2011 at 5:00 p.m.

http://www.p2012.org/chrn/souc12.html

Oh, and I like that dropped "d" in your final clause: "...keep that power dry."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Steadfast wrote:
cschande wrote:

LOL - we can really tell who the law student is here at HA! And I mean that in the kindest way, Chris! :)

You're analysis is outstanding...I see it exactly the same.

IMO the timing of the segment is the most important thing. He absolutely knows we are waiting on a "final NO" or a "Yes" and we know he has until the end of October.

Happy to provide a law student's analysis!, Shelley!! Haha, and I don't take that as an insult. Unlike most law students I know, though, you can tell by my post that I have yet to become cynical. Hoping Huck keeps my hope alive!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: jewelofbeauty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:16 pm 
***** General

Echoing what eshcande said...there was a reason for this segment. I mean, let's be honest, if there was no "message" to this segment then it was just plain lame. There was no reason for her to be there again. I know he tried to tie it to Obama's low poll numbers, but that is no longer "news" and you don't need a guest to do it. And you could tell the whole conversation was orchestrated to fit around the giving of the shirt "just in case." The transition to her feelings on Obama who she admitted she would give a chance to who "she likes now" was awkward and you could tell that is the conversation for why she was brought on.

This wasn't even cryptic or coded. It was a flat-out "hang on....just in case."

What is sickening is that if this would have been Palin or Christie doing this, the media still would have been screaming about it. Nothing changes.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: jewelofbeauty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:17 pm 
***** General

And yes, he could have done this segment any time if he was thinking of running in four or eight years. But the segment was two weeks before the first ballot deadling. Come on.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: jewelofbeauty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:15 pm 
***** General

byourCreator wrote:
Steadfast wrote:
He absolutely knows we are waiting on a "final NO" or a "Yes" and we know he has until the end of October.

To be more precise, he has until Nov. 1, 2011 at 5:00PM EST in SC.
Quote:
$35,000 from May 4 to the filing deadline on November 1, 2011 at 5:00 p.m.

http://www.p2012.org/chrn/souc12.html

Oh, and I like that dropped "d" in your final clause: "...keep that power dry."

Actually I believe New Hampshire is October 28...and if he files that day he has to do it in person.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:18 pm 
***** General

To add one more thing...the Gov knows exactly how we would interpret this segment. And I find it hard to believe he would "toy" with us like that.

He knows how much we were all hurting after his announcement in May...to tease and then not follow up....well...would be kinda cruel.

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 2 janelles, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:41 pm 
Captain

Liked: 26
Hmmm! So we might still hope.

Does anyone have any ideas about what we might expect to see if he does enter the race? Do you think there would be a migration from several of the other candidates to Gov. Huckabee? I honestly think he could beat Obama, but can he win the nomination this year?

There's a part of me that regrets what he will have to give up if he decides to run, i.e. his TV show, his 600 plus radio stations where his voice is heard daily, his speaking engagements etc., but I've wanted him for president since the first time I heard him speak. I pray that he will correctly discern (or has discerned) God's will in this matter. In my humble opinion, whoever runs is going to need all the divine wisdom, guidance and strength that he/she can get.

May God bless America!

Post by Hannamarar has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Steadfast wrote:
To add one more thing...the Gov knows exactly how we would interpret this segment. And I find it hard to believe he would "toy" with us like that.

He knows how much we were all hurting after his announcement in May...to tease and then not follow up....well...would be kinda cruel.

I have to admit that it has crossed my mind that Fox could be milking the speculation about Huck re-considering for ratings. How much control does Huck have over who comes on his show?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:14 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
Hanna,

I think that if Huckabee enters the race he will do the following:

-Be prepared to discuss his views on illegal immigration/ tuition (he will have come up with a better much more civil view to explain IE Perrys lack there of.

-Economic Policy based on lower taxes, balanced budget and the fair tax

-Strong stance with Israel (touting his close relationship with Netanyahu)

-He will remind everyone of his beliefs on life and marriage but will not focus on it.

-He will be much more agressive at Obama

Just some ideas,

please feel free to add onto my list.

I would love to hear your thoughts....

Christopher

Post by californiaforhuck Liked by: Vote For Truth