Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I just posted this at Rightspeak:

Who Can Challenge Romney? It's Gotta Be Huckabee

http://www.rightspeak.net/2011/10/who-c ... ta-be.html

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: jewelofbeauty
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Not criticizing your article in particular, Debbie, but just thinking in general terms here - I'm wondering if it's a good idea to go with the framing of this as Huckabee challenging Romney? Huck definitely does not like the way the conservative media have portrayed him as the anti-Romney guy.

I'm thinking it would be better to frame our situation in general terms of the qualities & principles our country needs that are lacking in the current slate, but that Huckabee would bring to the race if he got in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:34 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Not criticizing your article in particular, Debbie, but just thinking in general terms here - I'm wondering if it's a good idea to go with the framing of this as Huckabee challenging Romney? Huck definitely does not like the way the conservative media have portrayed him as the anti-Romney guy.

I'm thinking it would be better to frame our situation in general terms of the qualities & principles our country needs that are lacking in the current slate, but that Huckabee would bring to the race if he got in.

I completely disagree. Look at what we have see over the pasy 6 months. Trump leading Romney then dropping out. Bachmann taking leads in some states, then dropping back down. PErry taking huge leads, then dropping back down. Rudy ALWAYS polling over Romney but not running. Now Cain leading Romney, at least until he also is vetted and drops back down. The voters want someone OTHER THAN ROMNEY! I think presenting Huckabee as the anti-romney who can still beat obama is the way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Sure, we want the anti-Romney candidate, but it's not because we are anti-Romney - it's because we are anti-Romney's politics!

What I am saying is that GH does not want to be portrayed as if it is personal. And pointing out the deficits in this current field that are taken care of by a Huckabee entry still takes care of pointing these things out to voters without making it about people instead of issues.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: jewelofbeauty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:20 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
I agree, I think that Huckabee will be much more civil with Mitt this go around.

I could even see a Huckabee/Romney ticket

Christopher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:06 pm 

Liked: 9
californiaforhuck wrote:
I agree, I think that Huckabee will be much more civil with Mitt this go around.

I could even see a Huckabee/Romney ticket

Christopher

I dislike the whole Huckabee/Romney ticket suggestion, but I'd still vote for it only because Huck would be President. Romney needs to go take a seat, period.

Post by jewelofbeauty has received Likes: 4 Huckabeliever, janelles, QuoVadisAnima, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
If Huckabee is the nominee he won't need Romney to complete the ticket. I would be surprised if he picked him.

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 3 Huckabeliever, navyqueen, Vote For Truth