Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:53 am 
Offline
Major

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:11 pm
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Liked: 22
Ok guys. Call me crazy, but I have a theory. Not sure if it is even possible, but here it is.

So there have been some rumblings going on that Demint may endorse Romeny soon. However, Demints camp has denied.

What if Demint is letting the word out that if Huckabee runs he will endorse him?


What are the chances?

Thoughts?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:36 pm 
Offline
Major

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Plainfield, IN
Likes: 4
Liked: 90
Why does DeMints camp's denial give any speculation that he would endorse a non-candidate? I like stretching the possibilities, but I don't see this being one of them....at least not until Huck came out and said he was running, in which case I think he might get some immediate support from quite a few people (hopefully including daniels and barbour).


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:49 pm 
Offline
Major

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:11 pm
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Liked: 22
Im saying that maybe the rumblings are just that Jim Demint is going to endorse someone, and the media is assuming it is Romney. I am speculating that he and Huckabee may have formed an alliance.

Just speculating and hoping!

I know it is not likely, but I just hope Demint does not endorse Romney as He will be a key player for Huck if he chooses to run!



Post by californiaforhuck Liked by: jewelofbeauty
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:56 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Texas
Likes: 554
Liked: 523
I'm happy to report that DeMint's office has rather strongly squelched the rumor, & I am still praying that his supportive comment to Huck was genuine, not politispeak, & that they are currently having discussions! :mrgreen:
Quote:
Jim DeMint Is NOT Endorsing Mitt Romney

Posted by Erick Erickson (Profile)

Monday, October 17th at 10:17AM EDT
17 Comments


Roll Call is running a story that Jim DeMint may endorse Mitt Romney. Here’s what you need to know about it.

A number of DeMint past and present consultants in South Carolina work for Mitt Romney. I’m not sure the reporter knew just how heavily he was being spun, but he was.

The story is mostly wishful thinking by Romney consultants in South Carolina who have ties to DeMint. If you need further proof the story is bogus, consider DeMint’s own office calling the story “a fabrication.”


“That story is a fabrication made up of anonymous sources that obviously have no clue what Senator DeMint is thinking,” spokesman Wesley Denton said. “He has said over and over again that he is not leaning toward any candidate yet and may end up not endorsing in the presidential race.”

Matt Hoskins, who runs DeMint’s Senate Conservatives Fund, said DeMint is “looking to see who wins over the grassroots, and so far Governor Romney has not done that.”

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2011/10/1 ... tt-romney/

[Also similar post found at HotAir - http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/17/d ... ent-story/]


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:30 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:48 am
Posts: 970
Likes: 8
Liked: 19
Quote:
Matt Hoskins, who runs DeMint’s Senate Conservatives Fund, said DeMint is “looking to see who wins over the grassroots, and so far Governor Romney has not done that.”

Cain seems to own the grassroots for the (fleeting) moment. But..
Much like the space shuttle could never achieve orbit without the help of it's solid rocket boosters, Cain would not be flying in the stratosphere without the support conjured for him by fox news and talk radio. But he only has to speak with michelle bachmann to find out how a manufactured rising star popularity can instantly become a free-fall descent when they decide to pull your plug.
Mike is already popular and has real support. His propulsion is not subject to their control. Get a million ordinary folks to lay down cash to ignite the chain reaction and for the powers that be it's game over.

_________________
"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism." ~ Ronald Reagan


You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:13 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
Just a reminder that DeMint's COS and his PAC received a letter from Huck's Army about a month ago - right after DeMint was on the GMH's show....



Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 2 jewelofbeauty, WhatsNotToLike?
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:17 pm 
Offline
Major

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:11 pm
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Liked: 22
This is getting exciting, I think that Cains rise may be worrying the Huck camp a tad, but I think that Huckabee knows that he will be the middle man in between cain and Romney. Also, I think that if Huckabee does run, he will against Obama not Romney. I think that Huckabee has it all planned out and is just waiting for the field to thin out so they wont attack him... I.E. Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum and Cain...

Also, I think Huckabee sees an opportunity with perry fading so quickly.

Can Huckabee pick up Perrys donors?


Christopher


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:44 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
I actually think the Cain ascension to top tier was essential to clearing a path for GMH to enter the race...because it help push Perry down...and reinforced the thinking that the GOP field is "fluid" ...you may have noticed GMH used that term this past week :wink:

It won't be long til Herman Cain starts his descent. Perhaps a few hints from GMH that he is reconsidering would help with that!



Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 3 jewelofbeauty, Vote For Truth, WhatsNotToLike?
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:49 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
Steadfast wrote:
I actually think the Cain ascension to top tier was essential to clearing a path for GMH to enter the race...because it help push Perry down...and reinforced the thinking that the GOP field is "fluid" ...you may have noticed GMH used that term this past week :wink:

It won't be long til Herman Cain starts his descent. Perhaps a few hints from GMH that he is reconsidering would help with that!


Just saw this....it has started:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rig ... _blog.html


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:54 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm
Posts: 2363
Location: Iowa
Likes: 51
Liked: 211
Steadfast wrote:
Steadfast wrote:
I actually think the Cain ascension to top tier was essential to clearing a path for GMH to enter the race...because it help push Perry down...and reinforced the thinking that the GOP field is "fluid" ...you may have noticed GMH used that term this past week :wink:

It won't be long til Herman Cain starts his descent. Perhaps a few hints from GMH that he is reconsidering would help with that!


Just saw this....it has started:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rig ... _blog.html


Cain really stunk it up on "Meet the Press."

_________________
"We fought, we dreamed, that dream is still with us."
Ronald Reagan, 1976


TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:04 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:48 am
Posts: 970
Likes: 8
Liked: 19
Steadfast wrote:
Steadfast wrote:
I actually think the Cain ascension to top tier was essential to clearing a path for GMH to enter the race...because it help push Perry down...and reinforced the thinking that the GOP field is "fluid" ...you may have noticed GMH used that term this past week :wink:

It won't be long til Herman Cain starts his descent. Perhaps a few hints from GMH that he is reconsidering would help with that!


Just saw this....it has started:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rig ... _blog.html


Aint no more Cain


_________________
"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism." ~ Ronald Reagan


You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 pm 
Offline
** General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 1265
Location: McAlester, Ok
Likes: 173
Liked: 107
Did Demint endorse anyone in 2008?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:29 pm 
Offline
Major

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 283
Location: Idaho
Likes: 31
Liked: 34
He endorsed Romney and then got behind McCain after Romney dropped out.

_________________
I share Huck's birthday...I was a few years too late though


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:42 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
Iowans Rock wrote:
Steadfast wrote:
Steadfast wrote:
I actually think the Cain ascension to top tier was essential to clearing a path for GMH to enter the race...because it help push Perry down...and reinforced the thinking that the GOP field is "fluid" ...you may have noticed GMH used that term this past week :wink:

It won't be long til Herman Cain starts his descent. Perhaps a few hints from GMH that he is reconsidering would help with that!


Just saw this....it has started:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rig ... _blog.html


Cain really stunk it up on "Meet the Press."


Yeah he did. All he can say about the 9-9-9 plan when it's criticised is that the analysis is wrong or starts from bad assumptions. "The problem with your analysis is that it is incorrect," should be his slogan.

It's kind of like Newt in the debates: half the questions he gets he ends up rejecting the premise. Except Newt can pull it off, Cain just looks like he hasn't thought these issues through too much.

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:14 pm 
Offline
General

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:27 pm
Posts: 1165
Likes: 39
Liked: 41
I'm thinking DeMint is leaning toward Cain because Cain is getting the Tea Party voters which are DeMint's voters too. In 2007-2008 DeMint endorsed Romney then McCain before Huckabee. So I don't think he will be apt to endorse MH because he raised taxes and lots of people call Huckabee a liberal Republican. I wouldn't count on DeMint too much!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:08 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Posts: 884
Location: Indianapolis
Likes: 166
Liked: 73
Vote For Truth wrote:
I'm thinking DeMint is leaning toward Cain because Cain is getting the Tea Party voters which are DeMint's voters too. In 2007-2008 DeMint endorsed Romney then McCain before Huckabee. So I don't think he will be apt to endorse MH because he raised taxes and lots of people call Huckabee a liberal Republican. I wouldn't count on DeMint too much!

You must have missed DeMint on Huckabee recently. He basically said he jumped in too soon last time and endorsed Romney when he should have voted for the 'best candidate' who was Huckabee. He said this time he wasn't going to endorse anyone too soon, if at all. That is why we sent letters to DeMint urging him to encourage Huckabee to get in this race. So, unless Jim endorses someone soon, I think Mike could count on a DeMint endorsement. But Huck needs to get in really soon! :pray



Post by Indiana4Huck has received Likes: 2 GrannyT, WhatsNotToLike?
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY