Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Iowans Rock wrote:
Can anyone verify that signatures are needed for the Florida ballot? I can't find it anywhere. I know that NH and SC are fees.

I am not aware of Florida requiring signatures. The summary below would suggest the first state where that is a major obsticle is Illinois on December 5.

Quote:
Some states simply require a declaration of candidacy from a campaign to put a candidate’s name on the primary ballot. To do so in South Carolina, the campaign has to write a check to the state GOP for $25,000.

In dozens of other states, though, the process is far more arduous.

Virginia is the toughest, said Ferry, because campaigns must collect petitions with signatures from 10,000 registered voters, and the list must include at least 400 signatures from each congressional district. In reality, he said, most campaigns should collect between 15,000 and 20,000 signatures to ensure that they have enough valid ones, as many will be thrown out. That must be done by Dec. 22.

Some campaigns have to hire groups to serve as “signature gatherers,” and that process can be expensive. The irony is that the better funded campaigns are often more organized -- with volunteers down to the county level -- and don’t have to spend any money to accomplish this task. It’s the less-funded and loosely organized campaigns that have to sink more money into the process.

Election lawyers, however, say it’s still possible for a late-entering candidate, such as Christie or Sarah Palin, to get ballot access in each state and territory.

“I do believe you can spend a lot of money to go through the process quickly, but the window to do that is starting to close,” said a high-profile election lawyer in Washington.

Here is why: Florida’s deadline is just around the corner, with Georgia and South Carolina right behind it on Nov. 1. Missouri’s is Nov. 11, and New Hampshire’s is Nov. 18. Illinois has a Dec. 5 deadline that requires the submission of 5,000 signatures.

Of course, some of those deadlines could occur even earlier with shifts in the primary calendar, should some states move up in the nominating process. (Florida could decide soon to schedule its election on Jan. 31, 2012, which would cause the four early states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada to shift theirs.)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 11513.html

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Indiana4Huck wrote:
What was the t-shirt that Huckabee gave Obama girl?

It said, "Huckabee Girl," on it.

Quote:
Are we all imagining things? could it be that Huckabee is just going about his business of television and radio with no intention of running, as he stated in May?

It's quite possible.

Quote:
Are we reading things that are not there?

I don't think so. Huckabee told her, "I'm doing this show for now." He didn't say, "Nope, not running this time, but are you interested in any of the Republicans actually running?" He had to know how people (us) would take what he said.

Quote:
Could he set up guest hosts while he campaigns, stepping back into the slot if he didn't win!! Is that possible? Is it really a conflict of interest? Any more so than Obama campaigning for a particular party when he has avowed to protect the Constitution and lead the entire nation? To do what is best for all Americans?

I don't think he could do this. I remember reading that his contract allowed him to get out of it to run for president or vice president, but it wasn't a suspension clause. He would have to be let go, not just temporarily suspended, if he were to run.

It'd be interesting to see if Fox would want to give him his slot back though, give him a new contract, if he ran but didn't end up winning. I feel like it would be hard to get that back as they'd want to bring someone new into the slot, and that person would be there for months during the campaign and would establish himself/herself there.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
I actually think if he runs and does not win the nomination or the general election, that Fox would take him back in a heart beat...new contract and all! They love him there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
One thing I can say with confidence from observing Huckabee for almost twenty years is that he is at his best when he has nothing to lose and at his worst when he is trying to hang on to something.

In 2007 he burned his boats and set off on a march to the Whitehouse. He didn't get there but he moved like a man who didn't care what the odds were because the odds were so bad that he couldn't really "underperform." This gave him courage and audacity. It almost got him the win.

Much of this carefree spirit resulted from that fact that after ten years as governor he really didn't have much in front of him in Arkansas politics that appealed to him or alternative careers that held much promise. So he went for the brass ring with everything he had (which in a way wasn't much to lose).

But he came out of the contest as the "biggest loser" in the sense that his reputation and fortunes were the most enhanced of any of the contestants in 2008 (save Obama).

This time around he has VERY much at risk in another go. He is now famous, popular, influential, and rich. He is able to provide security and luxury for his whole extended family from now on IF he plays it safe.

But the question is: does he have it in him to quit while ahead or does he feel compelled to stake it all for a "higher" payout (which need not be crass but a belief in a greater mission or calling than fiscal comfort and success).

If he goes he will have to go ALL OUT to be his best.

I still think the choice to go is in the air.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:27 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
Steadfast wrote:
I actually think he he runs and does not win the nomination or the general election, that Fox would take him back in a heart beat...new contract and all! They love him there.

This is what gets me. I actually think Huckabee would end up advancing his pundit career if he ran again. The man has talent. Further exposure on the national stage would display that talent once again, and even if he lost he would increase the value of his brand.

What I am worried about now is that he is afraid of running and winning. We all know that this debt issue is very real and demands some very difficult and unpopular decisions to be made. People just do not give up their government check very easily. They don't even want to see it reduced slightly or even lose their annual "cost of living increase". It was very easy to run up this debt on the credit card, but it will be very, very hard to pay it off. And, that is just one symptom of the deeper problems of immorality including homosexuality and the breakdown of the basic unit of government, the family. This next president, and probably several presidents to come will face extraordinarily difficult tasks. I really don't blame anyone who understands these things for not wanting to take on such a responsibility. I don't believe the other candidates including Obama and all the Republicans put together understand what it will mean should they win.

The question really comes down to this: "Is it my duty; am I called to take on this unusually difficult task?"

I am beginning to think that Huckabee is not afraid to lose, he is afraid to win. And, I might add, if this is the case, I completely understand his trepidation.

Post by byourCreator Liked by: Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:08 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Good insight - that analysis actually makes the best sense of anything I've seen to date on why GH has taken the path he has! That would definitely explain GH's reluctance and his need for God to not only majorly decisively show that this is His will, but esp that He will get GH thru it! Praying even harder for him now...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
I feel that I should add - we need to temper our excitement. Some of us are talking as if Huck is already calculating his path to the presidency. Remember all of this is speculation & nothing is certain.

What we're hearing so far is that Huck is open to reconsidering, but doesn't see a way for it to happen - that's not really esp. encouraging at this point (unless we find out that he's been meeting with a political sugar daddy! :P ).

I just don't want any of us to be hurt by a repeat of the May let down.

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 8 colinashley, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, FirstCoastTerp, FiscalConservative, justgrace, ohiorepublican09, Steadfast, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:24 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Steadfast wrote:
Just for fun....my 'dream' final show would include some of the the following guests:

Palin (never before on show - she would encourage GMH to carry the conservative mantle)

Trump (would entice GMH with a super pac ....50 mil sounds good)

Rubio (well...this one is obvious...good-looking up and coming conservative young voice - perhaps a hint of an endorsement)

DeMint (repeat of last visit with hint of endorsement)

Tony Perkins and James Dobson - (expressing concern that social/family values are overlooked...urging GMH to run)

I like your scenario, Shelley.

And...did Governor Huckabee ever have the Harris twins on? If he did, I missed it, but he was going to interview them awhile back. They helped start Hucks Army. Now that would seem like a sure indication that he's saying, "I am running" if they are on the show.

A good way to announce that Huckabee has the funding might also be to have Kevin McCullough on with a first large royalty check from his book!

And Trump could announce, "You're a winner!" so I am awarding you $1,000,000 to help America overcome the $14,000,000,000,000 debt and give us the Fair Tax. And my super PAC is looking for a true conservative with the creds to help support. Interested?

This is getting funner and funner, as my grandson might say. :pompom

Geraldo Rivera and other Liberals for Huckabee come on and say, "We love you." Jon Stewart interviews the Obama impersonator. The Obama/now Huckabee Girl leads the audience in cheers.

I can see them all giving farewell kudos at FoxNews to the "nicest man we've ever met," all with tears.

And Fox and Friends' Brian Kilmeade promising to head up Sportspeople for Huckabee.

Jim Gilchrist and Lou Dobbs could control the borders.

Okay! I think I am dreaming. Don't wake me up yet.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 janelles, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:02 am 
Site Admin

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I feel that I should add - we need to temper our excitement. Some of us are talking as if Huck is already calculating his path to the presidency. Remember all of this is speculation & nothing is certain.

What we're hearing so far is that Huck is open to reconsidering, but doesn't see a way for it to happen - that's not really esp. encouraging at this point (unless we find out that he's been meeting with a political sugar daddy! :P ).

I just don't want any of us to be hurt by a repeat of the May let down.

The only thing I do not want is for us to become angry if Governor Huckabee does not run. Sometimes, we are full of praises when our man wins. But if he chooses to do other than we expect or want, we can become disgruntled or judge and criticize him.

We have seen too many supporters (well, only a few, actually) who have worked very hard in a campaign, voluntarily spending time, talent, and treasure on his behalf. But when Huckabee does not win, they become cynical. They almost had expected him to be God: all-wise, all-knowing, never-failing!

They want to blame Huckabee for A. ruining their lives, B. humiliating them, C. not listening to their sage advice, D. letting them down. Now, really! Let whoever wants to criticize Governor Huckabee show that he or she could do any better, or even one-tenth as well. And did anyone hold a gun to their head and say, "Support him or else?"

We all know that the odds of any person in the United States being elected President are about 1,000,000 to one. So, if it happens it is almost miraculous. And we know that God has the power to raise some leaders and cause others to fall. Part of who wins is what God thinks we need, or even deserve. And Governor Huckabee did say he believed in miracles or he would not have run in 2008.

Our part is to pray, first for this nation and for the Judeo/Christian heritage of freedom and valuation of life that are about to be lost. Each of us needs to repent for his or her own sins, as well as for the sins of this nation. And we need to beg God for a righteous leader for this nation, one who can draw it together in firmness of principle and yet kindness and understanding of the needs of all the people.

I believe that Governor Huckabee, with God's help first, and then with our prayers for strength and wisdom, and our other support that shows our loyalty, can do anything that God would ask. He can be the instrument in God's hands.

And it could just be that God has brought Mike Huckabee, the man, to this point, "for such a time as this." God is great at handling the time-piece.

Yet, "Guard your heart," as Shelley and others says. Huckabee, in his great affection for us worries most about hurting us.

I do feel that a great effort for a worthy cause is never wasted. It may just be training for something more. But if we do not try, and things get worse, we have ourselves to blame. I would not forgive myself for not trying.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

[Sermon series 2011-G :wink: and I don't even believe in women preachers!]

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 3 IowaforHuckabee, ohiorepublican09, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 am 
***** General

Thanks Grace for your very wise words.

I'm so glad I had the privilege of working side by side with you in Iowa recently. I know first-hand what a loving, servant heart you have. In fact, most of Gov. Huckabee's supporters have that same quality. It's one of the things that sets us apart from other political grassroots groups. We're not in it for what we can get, but for what we can give.

I think I may have said "guard your heart" about a thousand times in the last few weeks, so I hope people are doing just that.

This is a tough decision that only the Gov can make. We need to be ready for a final "no" while at the same time continuing to encourage him to run. It's a tough balance.

One thing we do know...we do not have long to wait :wink:

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 3 IowaforHuckabee, justgrace, navyqueen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Steadfast wrote:
Thanks Grace for your very wise words.

I'm so glad I had the privilege of working side by side with you in Iowa recently. I know first-hand what a loving, servant heart you have. In fact, most of Gov. Huckabee's supporters have that same quality. It's one of the things that sets us apart from other political grassroots groups. We're not in it for what we can get, but for what we can give.

I think I may have said "guard your heart" about a thousand times in the last few weeks, so I hope people are doing just that.

This is a tough decision that only the Gov can make. We need to be ready for a final "no" while at the same time continuing to encourage him to run. It's a tough balance.

One thing we do know...we do not have long to wait :wink:

Let me get out my hankie (well, Kleenex nowadays!) Where is our "heart" emoticon?

You are so special, Shelley, and so are the others I have met through Hucks Army and face to face in Iowa. Also, I have met Sandra in Texas, and that was a joy. Whatever happens, wouldn't it be great to all meet? I hope we can come to Arkansas and have iced tea drinks with Southern Doc, too. This is one of the things I like most about Huckabee supporters. They are the cream of the crop, and I know I should not use overused words like that, but they do rise richly to the occasion.

Thanks for reminding us, Shelley, to keep guard of our hearts while we continue to work. You have taught us all about how to work! And Governor Huckabee has told us about what can bring hope to America.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 navyqueen, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
I stumbled across this article that shows candidates who are currently running haven't even filed in NH yet. It looks like Santorum is doing it this week and Romney is doing it next week and they make a big deal out of it by going there in person and then having events. I guess I just assumed that the current candidates would have got filing out of the way right away.

http://uledit.sx.atl.publicus.com/article/20111018/NEWS0605/110609989

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
Iowans Rock wrote:
I stumbled across this article that shows candidates who are currently running haven't even filed in NH yet. It looks like Santorum is doing it this week and Romney is doing it next week and they make a big deal out of it by going there in person and then having events. I guess I just assumed that the current candidates would have got filing out of the way right away.

http://uledit.sx.atl.publicus.com/article/20111018/NEWS0605/110609989

No point in spending time and money if you arent going to be around that long...i think its smart to wait unless you are named mitt romney or ron paul (paul has a floor at about 7% of the vote so he will never give up).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:56 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
colinashley wrote:
My wife, Michelle, and I got to speak for a few minutes with Gov Huckabee in person on Friday at a local event here in Mason, Ohio. He was relaxed and very friendly. He said that he doesn't see a path to winning the nomination at the moment but that he remains open to listening to people over the next couple of weeks before the door shuts (although he did add that there is always the possibility that something could transpire at the Republican Convention).

I also asked him about whether he thought the 9-9-9 plan would work as a transition to the Fairtax and he thought it would.

I was left with the impression that something MAJOR needs to happen for him to announce.

This reinforces my theory that Huck will go for the VP nomination.

This would be wild and unorthodox but could play out in the next 2 months:

1. Huck suspends his TV show to avoid problems with the FEC.
2. He endorses Herman Cain.
3. Herman names him as his VP choice if the nominie.
4. They barnstorm the country capturing the heart of the nation.

Math and Miracles!

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:17 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
Iowans Rock had a great point on another post....

Could you imagine if Huckabee had Trump on his show next week?

And Trump gave an endorsement to Huck?

aw man, we can hope and pray cant we?

Post by californiaforhuck Liked by: janelles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:31 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
beezwax wrote:
colinashley wrote:
My wife, Michelle, and I got to speak for a few minutes with Gov Huckabee in person on Friday at a local event here in Mason, Ohio. He was relaxed and very friendly. He said that he doesn't see a path to winning the nomination at the moment but that he remains open to listening to people over the next couple of weeks before the door shuts (although he did add that there is always the possibility that something could transpire at the Republican Convention).

I also asked him about whether he thought the 9-9-9 plan would work as a transition to the Fairtax and he thought it would.

I was left with the impression that something MAJOR needs to happen for him to announce.

This reinforces my theory that Huck will go for the VP nomination.

This would be wild and unorthodox but could play out in the next 2 months:

1. Huck suspends his TV show to avoid problems with the FEC.
2. He endorses Herman Cain.
3. Herman names him as his VP choice if the nominie.
4. They barnstorm the country capturing the heart of the nation.

Math and Miracles!

Honestly, I see no way that Huck would take a back seat to Cain...plus it doesnt add any votes to the ticket. I think if Huck gets in it would be as pres or MAYBE he would accept a romney VP nod. But why would a governor with inifinite more experience and better name recognition take the VP spot behind someone who doesnt even understand his own tax plan?

Post by karrboy84 Liked by: Iowans Rock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:11 pm 
***** General

Has anyone see a clip of the Huckabee Girl segment uploaded anywhere?