Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:37 pm 
Captain

Liked: 57
justgrace wrote:
...This time around, this election you are so much better known. You have a wide, wide enthusiastic fan club. Kevin McCullough would give you the receipts of his book sales ;-),

That's right Grace, Kevin did say that! Well there you have it Governor Huckabee! You can't say no now! :D
Thousands will cheer when you give the signal to march! :pompom

you think the DC Tea Party Rally was big?
Just wait until you see the Huck's Army Huckabee 2012 march! :soldier

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader."—John Q. Adams
And as Grace and so many have said. "You know many of us make prayer for you a daily or weekly thing. And we feel we just cannot let this go. Perhaps that is God's message to you, through us. Whatever you decide, we love, support, and pray for you and your family, Governor Huckabee. You have been such a blessing to us, and we want to bless you, too." :pray

"I would consider it the highest honor of my life, if you would give me the opportunity not to rule, but to serve."—Mike Huckabee

Huck, you asked for the opportunity to serve in '08. We want to give it to you for '12
Governor Huckabee please be our Drum Major in '12
http://youtu.be/WkRdj9L3wyE
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (To Serve)
wish I knew how to embed the video here but hopefully you can go to youtube and watch it.

Post by akprayingmom has received Likes: 2 janelles, justgrace
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:30 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
Dear Governor,

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none." Ezekiel 22:30

Be the someone...God is watching.

We've got your back,
Chris Landon

Post by Landon has received Likes: 3 All-in-for-Mike, Indiana4Huck, janelles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
I posted something earlier on GH's facebook page, but it got deleted - possibly because I didn't post it within an established thread - so I just posted this under the comments for this week's show:
Quote:
Governor, we need a conservative leader with political experience who is likable and can explain & defend conservative principles in a non-divisive way. You are the only one with this God-given resume. All the reasons that you had for running in 2008 have multiplied at least a hundred fold. Your country needs you, sir!

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:49 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
Mr. Huckabee,
Through a combination of poor choices, health problems, and just plain bad circumstances, I'm one of the dependent. My family is a burden on the economy as we depend on food stamps to eat and section 8 to have a roof over our heads. Yet despite that, we vote conservative. So many liberals accuse us of being hypocrites, conservatives (often unknowingly) accuse us of being lazy, of being slackers and of irresponsibility. I hate depending on the government to feed my kids! I hate having to turn in reams of paperwork several times a year to prove I'm poor enough to qualify for assistance. I hate that when we start creeping towards self sufficiency we will start getting hit with a tax bill just as we cease to qualify for assistance rendering us just as broke as we are now. I hate that my husband spent several years of difficult study to obtain a professional license and he still can't support our family without government assistance. We are trapped and I believe that the only way for us to escape this trap is through a dramatic re-structuring of our tax system and our economy. We need to return to a true free market economy in which work and innovation is rewarded and tax breaks can't be exchanged for promises of political power. There are no current candidates with the leadership skills and ideas to motivate Congress to make the needed changes. Someone has to lead and you have what it takes to grab the bully pulpit by its horns and do it. I truly pray that God's leading in May was really Him saying wait, not no. My husband, my daughter and I are all praying that we can vote for Mike Huckabee in 2012.
Blessings,
Judi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/17/opinion/f ... hpt=hp_bn3
Why Herman Cain can't be president
Washington (CNN) -- There's a lot to like about Herman Cain. He's funny and personable. He's a great American success story. His 9-9-9 tax plan may be half-baked, but the concept behind the plan -- replace the corporate income tax with in effect a consumption tax -- has a lot to recommend it. (Although, the plan has a lot of problems, too.) Finally, in a political cycle that has seen too many coded racial attacks on President Obama and his family, it's a source of great pride to me to see an African-American topping my party's polls.

If Herman Cain had served as governor of Georgia, or even mayor of Atlanta, he'd be a valid and credible candidate for president of the United States.

But here's the trouble: he has not held those offices or any other executive office at any level of government. He did serve on the board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in the 1990s, including two years as chairman -- a distinguished position and an important responsibility, but not one that involves the management of a public agency.

So what?

So everything! The president's most fundamental job is to run the government. That job is very, very hard. The consequences of a mistake are very, very serious.

For that reason, Americans have historically demanded a record of successful accomplishment in public office from their presidential candidates. The current president is an exception to the rule, and -- well -- enough said.

Barack Obama became president despite a negligible record in large part as a reaction against the perceived failures of the George W. Bush presidency. Many voters in 2008 made a calculation like: "Obama may never have governed anything. But George W. Bush was a two-term governor of the country's second biggest state, and he got us into Iraq and a terrible recession. So maybe experience doesn't count. Maybe what we need is a different style: somebody more cautious than Bush, somebody who doesn't always go with his gut."

You might expect Republicans to react similarly against the Obama presidency, demanding from their nominee skills that Obama lacked: administrative experience, negotiating skill, deep policy knowledge.

But no. From Donald Trump to Michele Bachmann to Herman Cain, the Republican activist base has again and again fixed its hopes on people who have never held an executive public office -- and who defiantly reject the very idea of expertise.

Meanwhile Mitt Romney -- the man who saved the 2002 Olympics and who inaugurated the nation's first universal health insurance program as governor of Massachusetts -- can't rise above 25% or so among Republicans. And the seemingly most logical alternative to Romney -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry -- has collapsed in the polls. Perry may not be the sharpest pencil in the pack, but he can at least claim experience in government.

The Trump, Bachmann and now Cain boomlets reveal a worrying disinclination among some Republicans not to value government management very highly. These voters assume that if a candidate professes the right values, he or she will make the right decisions.

Barry Goldwater gave this disregard its classic expression in his "Conscience of a Conservative."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."

But guess what? Repealing laws is just as hard as passing laws. A president who wishes to extend freedom must still staff his or her administration with people who can do their jobs. And the more you reduce government's size, the more important that what remains should work well.

Back in 2008, National Review editor Rich Lowry talked about a Republican "competence primary." That year, the Republican field was dominated by candidates who could claim some huge success in government: Romney; New York's crime-fighting fprmer Mayor Rudy Giuliani; and the very effective three-term governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee. The race was won by John McCain, the man who had devised and pushed the "surge" strategy that turned around the Iraq war.

This time, apparently, the competence primary has been canceled. Too bad. In the depths of the worst economic crisis since the Depression, competence is needed more than ever.

Post by steves Liked by: Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:36 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
You cannot much fault the electorate here - the problem is that the competence currently being offered really isn't.

Perry rode Dubya's coattails into the governorship & has only distinguished himself by getting re-elected so many times. (When the only thing that kept me from voting for his Democratic opponent was his anti-life record, you know it's bad)

Romney has only distinguished himself by being able to get as far as he has with such an unimpressive record and enough flip flops to make John Kerry look steady.

The "competence primary" cannot be won by so much mediocrity and what are clearly just "politics as usual" guys...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:07 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
You have made the statement about Hope, Arkansas...just give us one more chance. The time is not 2014 or beyond.....the time is now....you have inspired an army.....an army of patriots who love our country and we are not interested in having "another" leader. The only thing for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. We cannot do it alone. We pray for godly leaders to be raised up so I guess we should expect it. You have been raised up for such a time as this. It is your destiny. You are doing so much now and we are truly thankful. It's just not enough. Please reconsider. Mike don't leave us with the choices we have now. Don't let the establishment win. Don't believe the naysayers. In 2008 lots of folks just screwed up and voted for the wrong man. You wholeheartedly believed it was God's will for you to be president or you would have never tried. Think of all the folks who rejected Lincoln and others. In the end they came to their senses. :shock: Shock the political establishment. Do what they are praying you don't do. When you announce, please make it big. May 14th was a very sad :( day for us so make up for it with a nice loud HUCKABOOM!!!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
What's that they say about the enemy of our "enemies"????
Michelle was no fan of G.H. during the last go around - maybe she can be persuaded this time....
http://michellemalkin.com/2011/10/17/go ... e-tracker/
"...As all of these candidates’ campaigns remind us — endlessly — there’s no such thing as a perfect candidate.

Yep, don’t we all know it? Politics is the Pageant of the Imperfects.

Every single one of these front-runners is a pro-TARP interventionist with a variety of problematic Big Biz/Big Government impulses and alliances.

Which one will do the least worst job against Obama in the debates, on the campaign trail, and ultimately in the White House? Which one will insult the base the least? Which one will actually have the energy, competence, and credibility to directly challenge Obama’s corruption, profligacy, class-warfare demagoguery, progressive pandering, and epidemic failures?

Watching, waiting, hoping, praying. And yes, preparing the nose plugs however this race turns out…"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:15 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
Dear Governor Huckabee,

I agree with all the reasons stated by my fellow soldiers here at Huck's Army. In fact, I agree with nearly all that has been written in your support here since October, 2007. After all, sir, we are still Huck's Army, even after your concession speech in Texas, even after your May 14th announcement. Many of us have been posting here since this board first opened, nearly four years ago. In the political realm, how unusual is that?

We have heard that you currently see no path to the nomination. While we trust your political instincts, this makes us scratch our heads and wonder. How can there be no path, when two polls in the last two weeks show that support has never been softer? The CBS poll said that 46% of GOP voters were unhappy with the current choice of candidates, while 76% said they were undecided. Just yesterday, the CNN poll says that 2/3 of the GOP voters "may change their minds." The electorate is collectively crying for "anyone but Romney," which keeps creating these polling bumps for the others, but have you seen how quickly those candidates fade once they are scrutinized?

None of this, of course, addresses the spiritual side of your decision. That's between you and God. We only ask that you keep listening to Him. Many of us have been seeking His will, and although you are not yet in the race, He keeps telling us, "Keep working."

We've been listening, and watching the current slate, and we don't see a path for any of them....at least, not a path we want to follow. Not one of them will get my most precious resources: my energy, or my time. I will not be writing letters, reading blogs and making comments, calling potential donors or voters, or making appeals to potential "kingmakers" for endorsements. I will not be painting my windshield with slogans, or donating to PACs. I will not tweet, facebook, or digg. I will not spend long hours on the internet, searching for email addresses for truck drivers, homeschoolers, church leaders, or pundits, and then longer hours sending them carefully written letters. I will not collect signatures, travel to distant cities, or wave signs at passing vehicles. I will not cry when I hear them speak, cry from my heart for America and a dream that it could rise from the mire and flourish again if only......And I will definitely not be asking my hard-working husband of 27 years to withdraw funds from our retirement account to max out for any of these candidates.

I never did any of these things before 2007. I am still doing them for you. I would do them all again, and again, and again, if I thought my candidate would be able to effectively right the ship of state. It's floundering.

Although some of the current candidates possess admirable qualities and character, none of them have the unique combination of talents and experience that God has given to you. A business leader commands, and his organization obeys. A president must win his way. He must be able to communicate, to compromise, and to close the deal. A legislator does all those things, but must know what to do with the power and authority he or she ultimately wins. He also must be willing, after all that collective juggling, to make his decisions palatable to the public, and to shoulder the responsibility for the outcome. You know all about it...

As I said earlier, we're still Huck's Army. Our old members, and tens of thousands of new ones, will report if they're only called up to active duty. Your grassroots support is stronger than ever, and wiser than we were the last time around.

Please give us, and our country, another chance.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 5 GrannyT, Indiana4Huck, justgrace, QuoVadisAnima, Steadfast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
Dear Governor Huckabee,

I agree with all the reasons stated by my fellow soldiers here at Huck's Army. In fact, I agree with nearly all that has been written in your support here since October, 2007. After all, sir, we are still Huck's Army, even after your concession speech in Texas, even after your May 14th announcement. Many of us have been posting here since this board first opened, nearly four years ago. In the political realm, how unusual is that?

We have heard that you currently see no path to the nomination. While we trust your political instincts, this makes us scratch our heads and wonder. How can there be no path, when two polls in the last two weeks show that support has never been softer? The CBS poll said that 46% of GOP voters were unhappy with the current choice of candidates, while 76% said they were undecided. Just yesterday, the CNN poll says that 2/3 of the GOP voters "may change their minds." The electorate is collectively crying for "anyone but Romney," which keeps creating these polling bumps for the others, but have you seen how quickly those candidates fade once they are scrutinized?

None of this, of course, addresses the spiritual side of your decision. That's between you and God. We only ask that you keep listening to Him. Many of us have been seeking His will, and although you are not yet in the race, He keeps telling us, "Keep working."

We've been listening, and watching the current slate, and we don't see a path for any of them....at least, not a path we want to follow. Not one of them will get my most precious resources: my energy, or my time. I will not be writing letters, reading blogs and making comments, calling potential donors or voters, or making appeals to potential "kingmakers" for endorsements. I will not be painting my windshield with slogans, or donating to PACs. I will not tweet, facebook, or digg. I will not spend long hours on the internet, searching for email addresses for truck drivers, homeschoolers, church leaders, or pundits, and then longer hours sending them carefully written letters. I will not collect signatures, travel to distant cities, or wave signs at passing vehicles. I will not cry when I hear them speak, cry from my heart for America and a dream that it could rise from the mire and flourish again if only......And I will definitely not be asking my hard-working husband of 27 years to withdraw funds from our retirement account to max out for any of these candidates.

I never did any of these things before 2007. I am still doing them for you. I would do them all again, and again, and again, if I thought my candidate would be able to effectively right the ship of state. It's floundering.

Although some of the current candidates possess admirable qualities and character, none of them have the unique combination of talents and experience that God has given to you. A business leader commands, and his organization obeys. A president must win his way. He must be able to communicate, to compromise, and to close the deal. A legislator does all those things, but must know what to do with the power and authority he or she ultimately wins. He also must be willing, after all that collective juggling, to make his decisions palatable to the public, and to shoulder the responsibility for the outcome. You know all about it...

As I said earlier, we're still Huck's Army. Our old members, and tens of thousands of new ones, will report if they're only called up to active duty. Your grassroots support is stronger than ever, and wiser than we were the last time around.

Please give us, and our country, another chance.

Mary...this is very touching. Thank you

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 2 dadof5, janelles