Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
boxerpaws wrote:
IMHO and opinion ONLY Gov Huckabee knows Herman Cain well enough to know where he stands and maybe doesn't want to contribute to the life of this story.I think the Governor is pretty experienced at how this goes having been down the road himself.

Where does Gov Huckabee know Cain from?

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
steves wrote:
Curious that G.H. hasn't tweeted a comment about this........

Or he is waiting for something......

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Cain's most recent "clarification" in an interview on Fox News doesn't help much:

Quote:
“Look, abortion should not be legal,” Cain said a moment later. “That is clear,” he said, adding that anyone who wanted to get an abortion would be breaking the law by doing so: “But if that family made a decision to break the law, that’s that family’s decision.”

What? How is, "there should be a law against that but if people want to break it, that's ok, too," any better than "there should not be a law against that"?

Also, I have a hard time squaring that [img=http://www.lifenews.com/2011/10/20/cain-government-shouldnt-make-decision-on-abortion-rape/]with this[/img][url][/url]:

Quote:
[Piers Morgan] continued by asking Cain if he would want his daughter or granddaughter, if raped, to keep the baby — which Cain said “was mixing two things.”

“It’s not the government’s role, or anybody else’s role to make that decision,” Cain responded. “Secondly, if you look at the statistical incidence, you’re not talking about that big a number. So what I’m saying is, it ultimately gets down to a choice that that family or that mother has to make. Not me as president. Not some politician, not a bureaucrat. It gets down to that family, and whatever they decide, they decide. I shouldn’t have to tell them what decision to make for such a sensitive issue.”

If he was really talking about who gets to make the decision as to whether or not a family breaks the law, is anyone really proposing that that's an open question that the government has yet to answer? Yes, the government decides what the family can and cannot do by passing laws in the first place, but Cain's arguing he wasn't talking about that. According to this "clarification," he was talking about whether or not the government, after passing a law telling the family what it can and cannot do, should then be allowed to come in and tell the family whether it indeed can or cannot abide by what it said, through statute, that it can or cannot do! I'm sorry, I just don't think that passes the straight face test.

Honestly, I don't really know what to think about where Cain stands on the life issue after all of this. My gut tells me he's probably still very pro-life, but he seems uneasy enough about his own position on the issue that I just don't have a whole lot of confidence in his ability to be an effective advocate (or even in his desire to try to be once elected).

Beneath all of that, though, is something that may even be more disconcerting, which is what appears to be a lack of integrity when it comes to accepting responsibility for saying things he'd later like to take back, whether it be his comments on appointing Muslims, freeing terrorists at Gitmo, Ron Paul, or now abortion exceptions. Maybe all candidates do it and Cain's only had to do it more lately because he's made so many gaffes and that's what makes it seem worse. I don't know. I do know that my discomfort with the fact that he has no executive experience in elected office hasn't diminished any in the past few weeks. On the contrary, it has only grown considerably. The problem is, at this point, we're not looking at a whole lot of alternatives...

C'mon Mike!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Wow, I take back what I said before giving Cain the benefit of the doubt.

Abortion should be illegal but "families" should have immunity in breaking the law? This man doesn't know what the heck he's doing. This just makes me remember when he said mosques could be banned.

I think he's well meaning, but good intentions don't make a president.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather have Palin in the race!

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:31 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Everyone has the choice to break just about any law. What's so special about abortion? Why did he have to say that families have the choice to break that law in particular?

The plot thickens...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I have really personally liked Cain from the start. He has been very successful in business and has many outstanding qualities. He has a positive, sunny attitude. Despite this, I would have to ask that we each be allowed to decide this issue based on our conscience, whether it is an important consideration for us in who to vote for and why.

boxerpaws wrote:
The vile and hateful things he gets from the left is unbelievable and now the attacks from SOME conservatives on top of it. The liberals must love it.The closer he gets to winning the more intense it will get-Mr Cain will fight on for what he believes and if we have our way he will win! What really disappointed me was how quick SOME of the other candidates were to pounce.Unfortunately that has nothing to do w/ how pro life they are but how opportunistic they are.There were 3. Perry,Ron Paul and Santorum.The others knew Mr Cain is solidly pro life and weren't about to use a liberal spin machine to get him.

I do not think it is vile and hateful to object to a candidate who keeps changing, now, his position. Nor it is wrong to consider if his policies might indeed be vile and hateful to the unborn. (I am not making that judgment about Cain, but I would like him to consider that.)

As a voter, I have an obligation to know the facts; I do not want to be misled. Cain's "clarifications" and "apples and oranges" are now being applied on the issue of abortion, but I don't feel any better about his new explanations.

I do not think it is "mean or divisive" to ask a Presidential candidate what he or she believes. (Yes, the liberal media is very deceptive and hateful toward Christian conservatives.) But life is such a fundamental issue that if the candidate is not solidly pro-life he or she will not likely protect other fundamental rights. Our Constitution is based upon the value of the human, the citizen, and his or her rights that come from God. If a Presidential candidate cannot protect the life of his country's tiniest citizens, what's to say he would protect the aged or handicapped?

I understand that we cannot get everything we want legislatively, all at once, even in protecting life. Something is better than nothing in that respect. But that is not the same as being able to look to the Chief Executive of this land and know he is consistently pro-life in his heart and in his character. Jesus did not get the laws changed in Rome, but His character and values never wavered, though surrounded by a wicked realm.

I do hope Cain's ideas evolve into a stronger pro-life position that would recognize the worth of the child conceived as a result of rape. There is no difference in the child's worth; it is not dependent on how he is conceived. Once upon a time, I might have agreed with Cain's position on rape.

I would definitely vote for Cain over Obama. Cain is basically a good guy in many ways. Far better than Obama.

I guess I will only be really happy if by some miracle Huckabee runs. :pray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
I took a step back after analyzing Cain's statement and thought about other laws and how they would pertain to abortion.

Maybe some of the legal experts can help here:

Murder is illegal nationwide. Theft (robbing banks, etc.) is also along with other types of crime (narcotics, etc.).

Who is responsible for enforcing these laws? The President, Congress, Supreme Court, Governors, State Police, Sheriffs, City Police, Neighborhood Watch ,etc....?

Who is responsible for the penalty? The President, Congress, yada, yada, etc?

Whose jurisdiction would abortion fall under? Who would be responsible for the enforcement and penalty for the crime?

Is this the delima Herman was trying to address in some of his answers?

I hope the GOP circular firing squad doesn't destroy Cain over this and end up handing the nomination to Mitt Romney who became a born-again Pro-Lifer just in time for 2008.

At this stage in the game we are going to have to accept the fact that the chance of Huck throwing his hat in is about 1%. (If he does I am back on board 100% all the way). What we have left is the chance for VP or 2016.

Herman Cain's views on just about everything coincide with Gov Huckabee's. 999/Fair Tax. Pro-Life/Pro-Life. They also compliment each other very well. Private Experience vs Political Experience. Black vs White. The two would make an awesome team for a White House bid.

Let's not help destroy that chance.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:56 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
Any discussion including the exception clauses can be very confusing as various candidates approve of the exception of rape clause, while others believe only one exception--the life of the mother. Anyway, I think one can judge better by the actions of a candidate as they sometimes speak louder than words. This article written in September of '06 should clear up any doubt of whether or not Herman Cain is pro-life:

http://www.lifenews.com/2006/09/13/nat- ... /nat-2583/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Here's an article about Gov. Huckabee's comments on Herman Cain this morning on Fox and Friends...includes video:

Quote:

Mike Huckabee On The ‘Very Pro-Choice’ Herman Cain: ‘The Damage Has Been Done’

With his rise to the top tier of the Republican 2012 race, Herman Cain has seen the scrutiny of his policy positions increase dramatically, and it is his stance on (illegal?) abortion that stole the limelight and confounded voters this week. On Fox & Friends this morning, Mike Huckabee‘s weekly take turned to Cain, and he found the candidate’s stance to be “very pro-choice” despite the backtracking– possibly too pro-choice for the people of Iowa.

Huckabee first took a somewhat skeptical look at the new provision in Cain’s 999 plan that would except people under a certain income rate from the second 9% tax (“it would be 909 for poor people,” Cain explained yesterday), noting that the program appears to “create winners and losers” by going district by district and exempting certain people from a plan whose appeal is that it is fair to all.

Rest here:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mike-huckabe ... been-done/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:03 pm 
***** General

Worth noting he didn't call Cain "very pro-choice," he just said Cain's comments were "very pro-choice" in the way they were worded. I think he's absolutely right that the "damage has been done" in Iowa, but we'll wait for confirmation from the next couple rounds of polling.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande has received Likes: 2 justgrace, mxnwilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Thanks for the video link! Huckabee was simply stating things as they are so far as I could tell - nothing antagonistic toward Cain as there seemed to be with Perry - just pointing out what's obvious to all of us, that Cain has hurt himself with social conservatives by this bizarre attempt to straddle the fence politically. (As he also seems to be doing now with his 9-9-9 plan) Who on earth is advising him?

Pro-Choice On Getting An Illegal Abortion
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/herman-cain- ... -abortion/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:05 am 
Private

Liked: 0
I can only imagine what it must be like to be judged "Pro Choice" by so many in the Pro Life crowd after I had been pro life all of my life to the point of giving a million dollars of my own money to try to stop abortions.
Frankly I am ashamed that so many pro lifers are so quick to jump on him without doing their own research after all the things we saw and read about
Huckabee the last time that was false. After researching his past pro life stance and hearing him say he is for life from conception I would say he is as pro life as anyone in the race. I have read that at the time he have the 1 million that his net worth was only about 6 million. If that is true wondering how many of us that think we are so strong on this issue would give or have given that much to the cause. First time I have been so ashamed of many on this board. Pro life is pro life and we shouldn't be eating our own.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:54 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Like it has been with so many of the candidates, I really like Herman Cain and want to be able to really support Herman Cain. However, they seem to be shooting themselves in the foot and putting doubts in my head about whether or not they can truly stand up to the daily grind of being President and representing our country to the rest of the world.

If you can't "say what you mean, and mean what you say" with clarity to the very people who you are trying to get to vote for you, how can you clearly speak as the head of our nation to the rest of the world? What problems could arise from a muddy statement coming out of the President's mouth that is misinterpreted or misunderstood by other foreign leaders?

WE NEED MIKE HUCKABEE!!!!!!!

Once you've experienced the very best, it is hard to settle for less.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:54 am 
***** General

kort53 wrote:
I can only imagine what it must be like to be judged "Pro Choice" by so many in the Pro Life crowd after I had been pro life all of my life to the point of giving a million dollars of my own money to try to stop abortions.
Frankly I am ashamed that so many pro lifers are so quick to jump on him without doing their own research after all the things we saw and read about
Huckabee the last time that was false. After researching his past pro life stance and hearing him say he is for life from conception I would say he is as pro life as anyone in the race. I have read that at the time he have the 1 million that his net worth was only about 6 million. If that is true wondering how many of us that think we are so strong on this issue would give or have given that much to the cause. First time I have been so ashamed of many on this board. Pro life is pro life and we shouldn't be eating our own.
I'm not ashamed of anyone here but I do agree that his position against abortion has been distorted (unfortunately he needs to take the blame) and people have been too quick to be dismissive. I do understand how strongly people feel though on the issue since it is also my number one issue.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:09 pm 
***** General

I don't doubt that Cain is pro-life but his statements on the issue which vary depending on what crowd he is talking to tells me that the life issue is negotiable for him weather it be for votes or maybe to get something else passed in exchange for caving on the life issue.

As someone who believes the life issue in a non-negotiable I don't believe that makes Herman Cain "as pro-life as anyone in the race." Be ashamed of me if you will.

And his statements were pro-choice.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:24 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

I think we need to keep his response in perspective of the question he was asked. If I were asked that same question about my daughter or granddaughter, I would like to think that my family members would want to keep that child with the knowledge that the baby would be surrounded with prayer and support. However, the reality is that Cain is aware that some families would be tempted in that type of tragedy to consider abortion as an option (taking in consideration the age and health of the girl among other factors.) There have always been doctors available to perform abortions even before Roe v Wade was ever emplemented. So my answer to Morgan when he asked, "if your daughter or granddaughter were raped, would you want her to raise this baby" would have been a simple yes--but then again Cain didn't have as much time as I have had to ponder the question. Of course. we all know that Huckabee would have given the perfect answer, but unfortunately, we are fresh out of Huckabees. :balling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
Apparently, his campaign can't even respond accurately regarding his security detail. I'm leaning away from incompetent and towards intentionally deceitful...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:42 pm 
***** General

mxnwilson wrote:
I think we need to keep his response in perspective of the question he was asked. If I were asked that same question about my daughter or granddaughter, I would like to think that my family members would want to keep that child with the knowledge that the baby would be surrounded with prayer and support. However, the reality is that Cain is aware that some families would be tempted in that type of tragedy to consider abortion as an option (taking in consideration the age and health of the girl among other factors.) There have always been doctors available to perform abortions even before Roe v Wade was ever emplemented. So my answer to Morgan when he asked, "if your daughter or granddaughter were raped, would you want her to raise this baby" would have been a simple yes--but then again Cain didn't have as much time as I have had to ponder the question. Of course. we all know that Huckabee would have given the perfect answer, but unfortunately, we are fresh out of Huckabees. :balling

It is not the abortion exceptions I am referring to. I am talking about his comments where he said it is not the governments job to interfere with the family's choice.

That is pro-choice.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:43 pm 
***** General

steves wrote:
Apparently, his campaign can't even respond accurately regarding his security detail.
I'm not familiar with what this is about. What is this in reference to?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:56 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Lori--I agree that this statement does give the impression that he is against abortion except in cases of rape or incest, and needs to be taken in consideration in making the final choice when voting. Thankfully, the Georgia primaries are in March, and I will have time to weigh all the factors--probably on less than 4 candidates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next