Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Well here is where we are as of today just 10 days out from the "conclusion" of the pipe dream:

Quote:

From August 14,

The problem (OK... there's more than one problem with this scenario) with this dream/nightmare is that the following must play out in the next eight weeks maximum:

1.) Perry surges. Leads the field and Romney by more than 10 pts showing Mitt's chronic weakness remains.

Check!

2.) Perry implodes. Opp Research and/or bad campaigning bust the bubble of Perry's surge and he is awarded the Fred Thompson Award for 2011.

Check!Check!Check!Check!

3.) Cain (formerly Bachmann six weeks ago) surges. Cain moves into the lead over Romney further showing Mitt's chronic weakness.

Check!

4.) Cain proves resilient to attacks that would take the legs out from under a more conventional candidate as occured with other "tea party" favorites (especially those who lost in the general) in the 2010 cycle.

Check!

5.) Old gaurd knows only Huckabee can stop Cain which they hate more than the prospect of his own success.

CHECK?

6.) Huck enters citing National events (like unemployment going up further; GDP going negative) involving the economy and jobs as the reason.

7.) Happy Halloween!

From Facebook today:

Quote:
Mike Huckabee
Thank you to the over 200 supporters who've made a donation to Huck PAC in the last 48 hours.

Contributors suddenly want Huc PAC to go out and support candidates in the coming 2012 cycle? Hmmmm....maybe.

Or the obvious. People are voting for Mike to run with their checkbooks and he is indicating that he hears them! They are putting up financial ernest and he is saying thanks. TODAY. Not in ten days or a week when a "thank you" note would still be a gracious courtesy, but TODAY.

Interesting...

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: jewelofbeauty
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Doc, someday I want to see in your signature...."7 time Huckabee voter." The primary and two general elections. :D

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 2 juditupp, navyqueen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:01 pm 
Private

Liked: 19
Mike Huckabee on Cavuto today, 4pm, EST!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:34 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
lets see what he says on Cavuto! I cant watch right now can someone explain after?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
I have Cavuto on. I think he was on right at 4 eastern for about five minutes 'cause I tuned in at 3:05 CST and he hasn't been on since then.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:45 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Miserere wrote:
I have Cavuto on. I think he was on right at 4 eastern for about five minutes 'cause I tuned in at 3:05 CST and he hasn't been on since then.

He was on at the very beginning. No clues about running.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
Well if "seeing a path to the nomination" requires the funds and the staff thought lacking we have some newly unemployed available.

Quote:
Report: Bachmann’s New Hampshire staff resigns en masse

By Josh Lederman and Daniel Strauss - 10/21/11 03:35 PM ET

The New Hampshire staff for Rep. Michele Bachmann’s (R-Minn.) presidential campaign are said to have all quit, with one of the staffers joining Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s (R) campaign.

Bachmann said there was “no truth to that story,” adding that she was shocked to hear claims that her Granite State staff was fleeing, but an adviser to Perry confirmed to The Hill that former Bachmann staffer Caroline Gigler was joining Perry’s campaign.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop ... taff-quits

I think it's time for Mike to help the economy and create more net jobs in a day than Obama has in three years. :D

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Southern Doc wrote:
Well if "seeing a path to the nomination" requires the funds and the staff thought lacking we have some newly unemployed available.

Quote:

The New Hampshire staff for Rep. Michele Bachmann’s (R-Minn.) presidential campaign are said to have all quit, with one of the staffers joining Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s (R) campaign.

Bachmann said there was “no truth to that story,” adding that she was shocked to hear claims that her Granite State staff was fleeing, but an adviser to Perry confirmed to The Hill that former Bachmann staffer Caroline Gigler was joining Perry’s campaign.

I think it's time for Mike to help the economy and create more net jobs in a day than Obama has in three years. :D

I'm with you Doc!

Although I know there are thousands of committed grassroots activists who will work for absolutely NOTHING for an entity known as Huckabee for President

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 3 akprayingmom, justgrace, navyqueen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:38 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Steadfast wrote:
Southern Doc wrote:

Quote:

I'm with you Doc!

Although I know there are thousands of committed grassroots activists who will work for absolutely NOTHING for an entity known as Huckabee for President

Yes, my husband wonders how I can spend hours a day blogging, commenting, facebooking, and even trying to tweet for Huckabee when he's not even running. I haven't gotten my paycheck, yet. But all the payment I would want would be the satisfaction and honor of having Gov. Huckabee run for President and win.

We love our country with the freedoms represented in the Constitution, and the founding Judeo/Christian principles that are still there, though buried and ignored by the press and various institutions. With God's help, Gov. Huckabee, as President Mike Huckabee, would bring out the best in our country and lead it back to doing right :pray

So, how many days until Huckabee must announce if he runs in 2012?

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, navyqueen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:17 pm 
***** General

LOL, Grace! Still waiting my first paycheck too!

Gov. Huckabee has to know how many people in the past 3 yrs (since he got out of 08 race) have spent immeasurable time, money and effort to help get us to this point.

We see a huge opening here, Governor.

Give us a sign so SDoc can update the pipe dream soon!

Post by Steadfast Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:34 pm 
***** General

SDoc - Perhaps GMH is helping you with item #5. Check out the article I just posted in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=177&t=25856

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:03 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
Steadfast wrote:
SDoc - Perhaps GMH is helping you with item #5. Check out the article I just posted in this thread:

Wow.....honestly, dont you think if Huck was going to throw his support behind someone, it would have been Cain? He could have spun the 999, 909, etc idea in a positive light and could have tried explaining the abortion issue as Cain has. But he was quick to go the other direction. He has made sure that we all kew his concerns with christie and perry, both potential/previous front runners. You don't hear concern over guys like santorum, newt, huntsman, etc because they don't have a very strong chance of the nomination. But when someone moves up into romney terrirtory, Huck is quick to make sure that we (as people who follow politics closely) arent the only ones that see their major (and sometimes minor) flaws.

I think Huck is AT A MINIMUM leaving the door open as long as he can. He might still decide not to walk thru it, and he might even be leaning heavily that way...but if he were 100% sure he wasnt going to run, there would be alot of signs that direction. The past few weeks it has been totally the opposite.

Post by karrboy84 has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, christopher.wilkerson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
karrboy84 wrote:
Steadfast wrote:

He could have spun the 999, 909, etc idea in a positive light and could have tried explaining the abortion issue as Cain has. But he was quick to go the other direction. He has made sure that we all kew his concerns with christie and perry, both potential/previous front runners. You don't hear concern over guys like santorum, newt, huntsman, etc because they don't have a very strong chance of the nomination. But when someone moves up into romney terrirtory, Huck is quick to make sure that we (as people who follow politics closely) arent the only ones that see their major (and sometimes minor) flaws.

What I'm wondering is, why are we the only ones that notice this? Nobody else in the media, conservative or otherwise, pick up on Huckabee's calculated comments. What did Huckabee have to gain by taking a shot Perry immediately after he announced he was running? Why wouldn't Huck help Cain if he's the most similar of those that are running? The truth is glaringly obvious to those with their eyes open: Perry and Cain are a threat to Huckabee's chances if he decides to get in.

And honestly, if this was Huckabee's plan all along, wouldn't most people have to agree he is a brilliant strategist? If he does get in, it's highly possible that his entry will be a bombshell wiping several other campaigns out and making this a 2 man race between him and Romney...with only 2 months before the first caucus.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:54 pm 
***** General

Just in....NV moves primary back to Feb 4...good!

If it had stayed in December, that may have been a negative factor in GMH's decision.

Post by Steadfast Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:33 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
And honestly, if this was Huckabee's plan all along, wouldn't most people have to agree he is a brilliant strategist? If he does get in, it's highly possible that his entry will be a bombshell wiping several other campaigns out and making this a 2 man race between him and Romney...with only 2 months before the first caucus.

I think Huckabee has a different Strategist causing all things to work together for His glory.

Post by Chadballer has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, janelles, jewelofbeauty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:54 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
Chad baller I wonder if Huckabee is thinking the same thing :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I think, maybe, we just want Governor Huckabee to run so badly, we are seeing things that don't exist! Just a week or so ago he said he was still happy with the decison he made in May. As much as I would love to delude myself that he was getting in, I honestly don't see the signs with only a week away. I only hope that I'm wrong, but he seems perfectly happy sitting on the sidelines as a pundit at FOX.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
nrobyar wrote:
I think, maybe, we just want Governor Huckabee to run so badly, we are seeing things that don't exist! Just a week or so ago he said he was still happy with the decison he made in May. As much as I would love to delude myself that he was getting in, I honestly don't see the signs with only a week away. I only hope that I'm wrong, but he seems perfectly happy sitting on the sidelines as a pundit at FOX.

Agreed. I've finally admitted to myself today that he ain't runnin'.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:44 pm 
Private

Liked: 19
Does anyone know if Chuck Norris is aware of this last ditch effort to draft Huckabee? Maybe he would be the encouragement and support Mike needs to make the leap. Couldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:57 pm 
***** General

peggyp wrote:
Does anyone know if Chuck Norris is aware of this last ditch effort to draft Huckabee? Maybe he would be the encouragement and support Mike needs to make the leap. Couldn't hurt.

He's aware