Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who called Rush today?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Snerdly actual let a Huckabee supporter get on Rush's show today and the caller questioned Rush about his saying Romney was not a conservative but he supported him in the last election. Rush tried to say it was because last time there were no other conservatives and now there are. Rush treated him with mild contempt when he found out that the caller was a Huckabee supporter. Rush admitted he was still 'ticked off because the Huckster and McCain teamed up against Romeny' during the 2008 election.

He tried to play it off by saying that "the Huckster" wasn't even in the race. (Why don't Rush and Cain respect the governor and address him by that title, instead of "Mike"-when Mike gave him a platform on his show, and "the Huckster"? If I had inclinations toward Cain, and I have none, this alone would turn me off.)

Then he asked the caller if "the Huckster" was getting in the race. Big pause and the caller said, I don't know. I think he is thinking about it. Rush acted surprised about that. Then he said if Huckabee got in, it would depend on what he had to say. I know Rush wants someone to be brazen and attack Obama. He is looking for a fight but we all know Huckabee has too much integrity to fight dirty. But I still think he can slice him up without ever drawing blood.

Rush claims he will support whomever gets the nomination but won't support anyone now. Yet he sings the praises of Cain like he did Palin until she announced she would not get in.

I was cheering the caller on and wondered if it was a HA person. :pompom
But I turned Rush off when he started praising Cain during the phone call so I didn't hear the rest. I am sick to death of the ELITES picking our candiate and now I know Rush is an Elite even though he talks a good game against them.

Well, Governor Mike Huckabee, I guess you won't be getting the Rush endorsement in the primary but it doesn't matter. No endorsement works on my vote and many of the thinking public anyway. I guess you will just have to step out in faith and let us prayor warriors have your back and your army your front line. :pray

Post by Indiana4Huck Liked by: jewelofbeauty
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Indiana4Huck wrote:
Snerdly actual let a Huckabee supporter get on Rush's show today and the caller questioned Rush about his saying Romney was not a conservative but he supported him in the last election. Rush tried to say it was because last time there were no other conservatives and now there are. Rush treated him with mild contempt when he found out that the caller was a Huckabee supporter. Rush admitted he was still 'ticked off because the Huckster and McCain teamed up against Romeny' during the 2008 election.

He tried to play it off by saying that "the Huckster" wasn't even in the race. (Why don't Rush and Cain respect the governor and address him by that title, instead of "Mike"-when Mike gave him a platform on his show, and "the Huckster"? If I had inclinations toward Cain, and I have none, this alone would turn me off.)

Then he asked the caller if "the Huckster" was getting in the race. Big pause and the caller said, I don't know. I think he is thinking about it. Rush acted surprised about that. Then he said if Huckabee got in, it would depend on what he had to say. I know Rush wants someone to be brazen and attack Obama. He is looking for a fight but we all know Huckabee has too much integrity to fight dirty. But I still think he can slice him up without ever drawing blood.

Rush claims he will support whomever gets the nomination but won't support anyone now. Yet he sings the praises of Cain like he did Palin until she announced she would not get in.

I was cheering the caller on and wondered if it was a HA person. :pompom
But I turned Rush off when he started praising Cain during the phone call so I didn't hear the rest. I am sick to death of the ELITES picking our candiate and now I know Rush is an Elite even though he talks a good game against them.

Well, Governor Mike Huckabee, I guess you won't be getting the Rush endorsement in the primary but it doesn't matter. No endorsement works on my vote and many of the thinking public anyway. I guess you will just have to step out in faith and let us prayor warriors have your back and your army your front line. :pray

But PTL the caller got through and planted a seed in Rush's mind and probably millions of other listeners that Huckabee still could get in! This will give Rush something more to think about tonight when he lays his brilliant head on the pillow. :wink:

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 jewelofbeauty, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
We have found out who it is and he is from Iowa..... :D

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, All-in-for-Mike, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, jewelofbeauty, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:32 pm 
***** General

Quote:
This will give Rush something more to think about tonight when he lays his brilliant head on the pillow.

I hope it gives him bone chilling nightmares....

TEAM HUCK IOWA

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 5 akprayingmom, Huckabeliever, justgrace, Southern Doc, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Iowans Rock wrote:
Quote:
This will give Rush something more to think about tonight when he lays his brilliant head on the pillow.

You are too funny! Did you hear me laugh out loud? :floor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:27 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 17
Rush's twitter ' A Huckster Fan Still Smarting: RUSH: Huckabee guys are still mad at me -- and Huckabee himself was mad at me -- ... http://t.co/IJE4uglx

Link is a post of the transcript and the audio of the call if anyone wants to hear it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:31 pm 
***** General

This link was on Rush's twitter (it's the transcript):

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/10/25/a_huckster_fan_still_smarting?

Sounds like he got under Rush's skin big-time! Awesome that Huckabee could finally be defended to Rush.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Great Job David!

Click the link to read the full transcript of David's call to Rush.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/ ... um=twitter

And just in case you were wondering, notice the pics Rush puts up with the transcript.

scratch

Here, tweet this:

Rush Limbaugh to give @GovMikeHuckabee fair shake this time around should Huckabee jump into the race: http://tinyurl.com/3bf4sg2 #runMikerun

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:32 pm 
***** General

I think all three of us posted at the same time!

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:42 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Hannity is still spouting the same crap too. He said a couple of weeks ago that the only options in 2008 were McCain and Romney and that was why he supported Romney. Really??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:43 pm 
** General

sherri79 wrote:
Rush's twitter ' A Huckster Fan Still Smarting: RUSH: Huckabee guys are still mad at me -- and Huckabee himself was mad at me -- ... http://t.co/IJE4uglx

Link is a post of the transcript and the audio of the call if anyone wants to hear it.

He posted a pic of "Huckabee's Fried Squirrels". I don't think he'll ever give Huckabee a fair chance. :roll:

Post by Huckabeliever Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Iowans Rock wrote:
Quote:

:like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like

and

:like

really.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Highest praise to the caller. It's not many who best Rush and even fewer who actually keep intentionally letting him off the hook in order to actually try to persuade him.

Sadly though, Rush is beyond such an approach. For his own reasons Rush greatly resents Huckabee (and personally I think it's good old fashioned religious guilt that causes the aroma of "Huck" to be the stench of death in Rush's nostrills [let him with ears hear]; and a touch or "great communicator" envy)

I'm very glad this got out there because IF Obama wins another four years we will have Rush, among others, to thank.

again.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 3 akprayingmom, All-in-for-Mike, Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Wow, awesome job! If you didn't click on the link to read the transcript, do it! The caller certainly put Rusbo in his place.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

Post by bmk2307 Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:49 pm 
** General

Great job to the person who called in!!! :like

Post by Huckabeliever has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:54 pm 
***** General

Did you guys check out the picture and how Rush dissed Huckabee by basically saying liberals love him?

Looks like he could beat Obama then! :like

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Yeah that's one of the worst problems with Rush and his ilk. Their view that if the liberals don't hate you then you're doing something wrong. Never mind the whole Reagan Democrat thing.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
So, I read the transcript,
"I'll tell you what, there's one guy out there that's showing he's got real brains, Herman Cain, advertising on this program. I mean that's a guy who obviously knows how to get results."

This is the candidate that can't remember his position abortion (and other issues), can't win a senate primary in Georgia, and other candidates can defend his tax plan better than he can, and Rush is impressed? Really?

And what does he mean "advertising on this program"?

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere has received Likes: 2 christopher.wilkerson, Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
(Miserere: I assumed he meant that Cain's campaign is advertising on Rush's show trolling for dittohead support. :roll: )

I would like to post a reply to Rush like this
Quote:
Why do you say that Huckabee (affectionately known as "Huck"; derogatorily known as "the Huckster" because being a huckster is NOT a compliment) fans are "still smarting" when you are the one holding this bizarre grudge against Huckabee for the 2008 WV caucus?

A caucus is not like a primary. When your first choice doesn't win, you try to persuade the other caucus goers to go with your first choice, but when nobody budges, people start working out deals. It was certainly in McCain's interest for Romney to lose WV, but it was in all the other candidates' interest, too! Word on the ground was that it was actually the Ron Paul caucus members who negotiated to give it to Huckabee in their effort to stop conservative-in-sheep's-clothing Romney. Why on earth would Huckabee's caucus fans turn that down since we not only wanted him to win, but the many of us saw Romney for the political squirrel he is back then? Any one of us would have been happy to help fry that squirrel! ;-)

WV rejected Romney then for the exact same reasons the US is rejecting him now. Bad as McCain would have been, he was still a better bet than Romney. Anyone who wants power so bad that they will say & do & be whatever they think it takes to get there is dangerous (& our current POTUS amply proves my point)! At least McCain picked Palin - can you imagine who Romney would have picked? We might have had Lieberman after all!

The DC Beltway guys are desperately trying to sell Romney to us, but most of us recognize what they won't admit, that Romney is just the GOP version of Obama -- and if he won (which is hugely iffy despite Obama's lousy numbers), he would set back the gains of the conservative movement for decades!

With support from the right conservatives, Huckabee is one of the few possibilities left that the GOP could field at this point in time who could walk away with this election in a Reagan-style landslide (with the added bonus that certain guys at the top of the Beltway hierarchy can't abide him!). A mere phone call from a certain kingmaker could set off this historical "bombshell" - interested in playing?

But I would like to post it where other people can read it, rather than simply emailing it to Rush (file 13). Obviously, Twitter won't do (though I did apparently manage to persuade someone that their tweet about Rush saying that Huck was helping McCain was bogus) and there's nothing about it on Rush's facebook page. Any ideas?

[edited my post & sent it to this email someone posted on FB: ElRushbo@EIBnet.com Any other ideas?]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:10 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
Cheers to David Shedlock for standing up for Huck!!!!

Post by dadof5 has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, Indiana4Huck, janelles, WhatsNotToLike?