Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
So who's staying? And if we stay, what is our purpose? How do we continue to enjoy our political discussions & arguments without splintering? Or do we?
Feedback, please!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:46 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
There is no point in totally leaving. IF the GOP does not win in 2012 (which I think we will) then 2016 will bring alot of strong candidates out, and Huckabee may or may not be part of that race. Right now though, there will still be plenty to talk about and plenty of things that we can discuss with each other. I think we have had some good discussions on other candidates and those should continue as we near January. If we find that a large portion of us are getting behind the same candidate, maybe we will even spend a few dollar or a few hours campaigning for the candidate. Until now I felt like support for anyone else was almost crushing my own hopes of Huckabee running. Now that there is a 0.00% chance that he is running, I am hopeful that maybe I can officially move on.

Another option is to work along-side Huckpac to really help out those candidates that are running at the state levels. If we picked even 1 senate race in the US that was too close to call and focused our time and energy there, it could help shift the votes just enough to give the GOP a stronghold in 2012 and beyond. I feel like the grassroots efforts can't go to waste just because our top candidate isn't running.

Thoughts?

Post by karrboy84 has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:33 pm 
*** General

Liked: 43
1) HuckPAC

2) GMH 4 VP

3) GMH 4 POTUS 2016 or 2020

4) Let each other know about other candidates that we believe in and who stand up for the same principles as GMH and HuckPAC. (i.e. I'm doing everything I can to help Jim Bridenstine take on an entrenched, career-politician, establishment type, here in Tulsa/Bartlesville, OK for a US Congress seat. Bridenstine is a Huckabee guy through and through. Our incumbent does whatever he thinks he has to do to win an election: No support for Human Life Amendment, voted for TARP, voted for Super Committee, earned 2nd place in all of Congress for failing to vote 2009 and is consistently in the 90th percentile of worst voting attendance, in all of Congress, supported a local River Tax increase of hundreds of millions of dollars, etc. On the other hand, Bridenstine was an Eagle Scout, Oklahoma Swimmer of the Year in High School, earned 3 degrees from Rice University in Economics, Business, and Psychology, earned an MBA from Cornell, was a U.S. Navy pilot with combat time served in Iraq and Afghanistan and instructed at the parent command of Navy's Top Gun school and continues to fly in the Navy Reserve for counter-narcotics missions, was the Executive Director of the Tulsa Air and Space Museum, was a Huckabee supporter, is a strong supporter of the Human Life Amendment, the FairTax, Term Limits, Balanced Budget Amendment, etc. and I could go on and on....... http://www.JimBridenstine.com).

5) We can share plenty of good info with each other about common causes (i.e. ballot initiatives, GMH media appearances, each others opinions about each, etc.)

Post by DFCSTech has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I don't think now is much different than when MH dropped out of the primary race in '08. We'll see how 2012 turns out, hoping the Republican nominee wins over Obama. We'll hope that Huckabee is chosen as the VP nominee, and maybe someone will stake out his house again :) . And maybe things work out that 2012 is not his time. And maybe 2016 won't be his time. But I keep in mind that his ascendancy to the governorship was not conventional, nor was his rising to national prominence. Gov. Huckabee may have other jobs and opportunities that come and go, but I don't imagine him losing my support. I don't see myself joining any other candidate or politician's
"army". I don't come to this forum just for Huckabee, either. I enjoy the discussion and having a voice here. So I hope that doesn't end.

Post by christopher.wilkerson has received Likes: 6 akprayingmom, cschande, DFCSTech, IowaforHuckabee, Iowans Rock, justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:29 pm 
Private

Liked: 15
I guess the answer to this question depends on what the mission of this forum was in the first place. Obviously the majority of the discussions and efforts were centered around a Huckabee presidency, and understandably the disappointment of realizing that Mike would not be president, at least any time in the near future, has done quite a bit to diminish the activity on this site. I say all of that to say I do not know the answer to your question but I do know what my hopes are.

I am relatively new to the political scene and owe my interest in politics to Mike Huckabee, who from the first time I heard him speak at the 2007 Values Voters Summit to getting to know him and his story pretty well over the years, has compelled me to want to do something for my country. Over time my involvement in politics has evolved, from being simply a supporter of someone to being an advocate for some very important things. That is what I like best about Mike, that the presidency was never the ultimate goal, and that his beliefs were more than just bumper sticker material or handy footnotes for campaign fliers. Gov. Huckabee has not "retired," he is still hard at work championing those things that mean so much to me and I suspect all of us, and his call to action over the years has clearly been heeded by some pretty fine soldiers, many who congregate here. I hope this site, or his fundraising site,or wherever, becomes a rallying place for us as we continue our important work. We have some important decisions to make, and the Governor is still working hard to see conservative causes advanced. I guess the least I feel like I can do is keep up the work :)

Post by ADB has received Likes: 5 DFCSTech, Indiana4Huck, IowaforHuckabee, justgrace, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:41 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
I'm going to stay around :) I like it here. Like, everyone's friendly here! :) What more reason would you need to stay? :)

Post by Wendero has received Likes: 3 DFCSTech, justgrace, Miranda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:54 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Wendero wrote:
I'm going to stay around :) I like it here. Like, everyone's friendly here! :) What more reason would you need to stay? :)
I tried to leave when he got out of the 2008 race, when he announced last May he wasn't running, and now that it is clear he won't, but I can't.
I agree with ADB:
Quote:
I am relatively new to the political scene and owe my interest in politics to Mike Huckabee, who from the first time I heard him speak at the 2007 Values Voters Summit to getting to know him and his story pretty well over the years, has compelled me to want to do something for my country. Over time my involvement in politics has evolved, from being simply a supporter of someone to being an advocate for some very important things. That is what I like best about Mike, that the presidency was never the ultimate goal, and that his beliefs were more than just bumper sticker material or handy footnotes for campaign fliers. Gov. Huckabee has not "retired," he is still hard at work championing those things that mean so much to me and I suspect all of us, and his call to action over the years has clearly been heeded by some pretty fine soldiers, many who congregate here. I hope this site, or his fundraising site,or wherever, becomes a rallying place for us as we continue our important work. We have some important decisions to make, and the Governor is still working hard to see conservative causes advanced. I guess the least I feel like I can do is keep up the work

And this is where I have always come to get news and views I feel I can trust.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:23 pm 
Major

Anyone who is hardcore pro-life as I am and as GMH is should spend time in prayer and fasting (for those of you who believe in the power of prayer as I and GMH do) for the vote that is taking place a week from today in Mississippi on amendment 26, the personhood amendment. If passes, this could be a direct path to obverturning Roe V Wade and at least sending the argument to the state level. I pray that someday abortion is illegal in this country. Until then, every step possible to get us closer to that is much appreciated and strongly prayed for. So for the next week, I hope some of you will join me in moving away from the 2012 elections and looking at the 2011 elections. Thank you.

http://voteyeson26.net/

Post by karrboy84 has received Likes: 4 akprayingmom, justgrace, QuoVadisAnima, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:00 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
I still love y'all....and I still love getting all the best news and honest, respectful commentary HERE. I'll be checking back in from time to time. I'm a political junkie, can't help myself. :-)

Just hope the mods stick around, and can keep all of us in line...no screaming about our favorite candidates du jour, no putting down others who prefer someone we don't like.

Peace on earth, good will toward all the other men & women here! :peace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:52 am 
Captain

Liked: 26
I enjoy coming to this site. I have great respect for the opinions expressed here and for the people who express them. I share the disappointment that so many of you feel, that we will not be able to center our efforts on getting Governor Huckabee elected president.

As someone else mentioned here, I think it is important that we focus on what is going on at the state or county level, and do everything we can to find the honest, patriotic, people who are running for elective office, and who share our views, and get behind them 100%. As for the presidency, I pray always that God will have mercy on our nation and will raise up a leader who will seek His wisdom, and His leadership, and that as a nation we will return to our Godly heritage.

I come here every day, and get much of my news here. I hope we will be able to continue meeting in this way. I would be very sad to lose this informative (and friendly) forum.

Post by Hannamarar Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:46 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
I will be checking in every day as usual at least once or twice. This is the best place to get news, share opinions and views, and discuss candidates and issues with people that are like minded. A day without Huck's Army is like a day without sunshine!

My Huckabee heart is sad, but it hasn't stopped beating. There is still a lot of work to be done. Think how fast the last four years have flown by.

Post by IowaforHuckabee has received Likes: 2 akprayingmom, justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:39 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
I will be checking in every day as usual at least once or twice. This is the best place to get news, share opinions and views, and discuss candidates and issues with people that are like minded. A day without Huck's Army is like a day with sunshine!

My Huckabee heart is sad, but it hasn't stopped beating. There is still a lot of work to be done. Think how fast the last four years have flown by.

I can ditto that: "My Huckabee heart is sad, but it hasn't stopped beating. There is still a lot of work to be done."

We can continue to support Gov. Huckabee's ideals, books, efforts, and candidates he endorses. We can support one another in our joint effort to "be the someone, do the something" to return our country to its better principles. We can also become aware of Gov. Huckabee's latest activities and projects and support them with prayer. It seems about time that another book might be forthcoming from the pen (or computer) of Mike Huckabee.

I have not stopped believing that God has given to Mike Huckabee all the traits and talents, as well as the solid conservative values and ideas, to become an exceptional President. Could it be, I sometimes wonder, that we as supporters need to take our faith up a notch? Are we praying enough? Is there unconfessed sin? And then I also wonder if God has not just given up on our nation and will not bless us until we are further humbled before Him? Something does just not add up, here, unless God has other purposes we do not understand or see.

Gov. Huckabee has given us a wealth of information and perspective in his various books. Taking a chapter a week from each of his books to analyze could take several years. We are so blessed to have his words in print. I refer often to the books for quotes and political facts.

And then there is the mutual love and respect we have for one another at Hucks Army. This is really the only place I can come and openly say how much I support Huckabee, and have others understand. You all challenge me to think, even when I do not agree with a few positions. This helps me and us to grow and become better able to adjust a viewpoint as needed and to express our thoughts.

I hate to get all mushy on you, but I do love each of you and would miss you too much to quit. (I still wonder where the "heart" emoticon is? :wink: Here is a nice smile: :)

We have learned to admit confusion scratch
laugh heartily :lol:
razz each other :P
roll our eyes at the ridiculous things politicians say :roll:
cry together :cry:
be shocked :shock:
laugh :lol:
and even throw up together :barf
We cry together :balling
Like each other and our thoughts :like
Pray :pray
And cheer each other on :pompom

Too many reasons to quit, though we may slow down a bit. I want to be ready for that surprise, should it come, that Gov. Huckabee is back in the race.

Post by justgrace Liked by: akprayingmom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:02 am 
Major General

Liked: 35
Huck folks,

Let's promote Huck for VP :eatingpopcorn

Soooooooooooooooooo............
Which would you prefer? Cain/Huck or Romney/Huck if you had to choose.

UPDATED COLOR CODED STATES MAP OF WHO IS LEADING TODAY: (Note: Cain only 1 pt behind Romney in today's brand new Florida poll. And Nevada is back and forth between the two front runners)
Click here for map >> http://beta.hermancainexpress.com/activism/polling.aspx

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Post by Craig88USC Liked by: DFCSTech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:07 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
I will continue to come to the site because I feel the folks at Hucks Army are like-minded. This has been an emotional roller coaster. As the race stands now I still don't see Romney just running the table. Everyone is wanting to find the frontrunner but I'm sorry he or she is not there. This could be a battle all the way to the convention. Huckabee could have certainly wiped the table. It seems like now he is taking the position of being the referee. He will continue to grow in the hearts of Americans but not as a politician but as a statesman. God is in control and I just pray he receives glory in this country again.....a shining light of a hill. Of course we would luv to see this thing be dead-locked all the way to the convention and Huck be choice in the end. If Newt or Cain get the nod I could see them choosing Huck as a VP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:53 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
justgrace -
since we do all sometimes :barf together, we'd better get another emoticon:

We've done a fair share of mopping up together, too!

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 3 akprayingmom, justgrace, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:56 am 
Major

Craig88USC wrote:
Huck folks,

Let's promote Huck for VP :eatingpopcorn

Soooooooooooooooooo............
Which would you prefer? Cain/Huck or Romney/Huck if you had to choose.

UPDATED COLOR CODED STATES MAP OF WHO IS LEADING TODAY: (Note: Cain only 1 pt behind Romney in today's brand new Florida poll. And Nevada is back and forth between the two front runners)
Click here for map >> http://beta.hermancainexpress.com/activism/polling.aspx

Craig, you have been MIA for too long...lol. We had to wait for Bachmann and Perry to flop before we got to see you again!

How about Gingrich/Huckabee?

But if those were my only two options I'd take Romney/Huck because Cain on the top of a ticket is not going to beat Obama imho.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:24 am 
Private

Liked: 19
I haven't shared very often, but I come here several times a day to get my my Hucka-fix. I'm very sad he's decided not to run, but I can't lose hucksarmy too! Like so many have said this is the best place to get your news. I have learned so much and I really enjoy the people here, their wisdom, and their opionions. Please, please, don't go away! It is such a blessing to be connected to you all who have so many of the same heartfelt convictions and concerns for our country. I too, hold on to the hope that some way, some how, God will make a way for Mike to be our president! See, I could only say this here and be understood! Being from the south I will say, Love YALL!

Post by peggyp has received Likes: 8 ConservTexan, cschande, FirstCoastTerp, IowaforHuckabee, maryrae, Southern Doc, Steadfast, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
I found HA by accident and am so glad that I did! Really didn't know what I was doing when I signed up or would have been more creative with my name!

So for years how I hurry home from working the PM shift to go to HucksArmy to see what I have missed out on for a portion of my day.

I like this place for several reasons - and at the top of my list is that people here are nice... they post in kind and respectful ways. On the rare occasion that kindness and respect has been lacking it has been dealt with and we move on.

I have shared this story before but here it is again:

On the day of the 08 Iowa Caucus someone on HA suggested that Iowans push away from their computers and get out to do something. I took that advice and it worked out to be a plus for my experience in a crowded caucus meeting room that went big for Huckabee!

Where do we go from here? I hope the faithful stay and post what they are thinking and doing to be The Somebody... opinions, actions, highs and lows of being engaged in the political process.

AMERICA needs this Hucks Army.

Post by janelles has received Likes: 7 ConservTexan, FirstCoastTerp, IowaforHuckabee, justgrace, maryrae, Steadfast, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
peggyp wrote:
I haven't shared very often, but I come here several times a day to get my my Hucka-fix. I'm very sad he's decided not to run, but I can't lose hucksarmy too! Like so many have said this is the best place to get your news. I have learned so much and I really enjoy the people here, their wisdom, and their opionions. Please, please, don't go away! It is such a blessing to be connected to you all who have so many of the same heartfelt convictions and concerns for our country. I too, hold on to the hope that some way, some how, God will make a way for Mike to be our president! See, I could only say this here and be understood! Being from the south I will say, Love YALL!

Back at ya daughter of the South.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:41 am 
Captain

Liked: 57
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
justgrace -
since we do all sometimes :barf together, we'd better get another emoticon:

We've done a fair share of mopping up together, too!

Hope someday we can do more than :barf and Image

hope we can celebrate! :balloons
I hope we can celebrate a true victory of getting Godly people into positions of leadership, instead of dealing with the best of mediocre to barely better than liberal candidates who are quite willing to sell their integrity, honesty and moral character to win an election, and then serve themselves rather than the people when they get their office.
I must admit I was very discouraged this morning. There is no Godly candidate out in this race that I can see, regardless of the "talk" and even singing. But then the LORD reminded me of the high mountain fortress and the abundant food and fresh pure water with a beautiful view as far as the eye can see that is there for His people. So sadly, even if our country goes to hell in a hand basket, we the people of the LORD will be securely protected and provided for. We have nothing to worry about. Others who have rejected the Father, have much to fear though.
Isaiah 33:15-16 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
Habakkuk 3:17 Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls—Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the GOD of my salvation. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights. :peace

Post by akprayingmom has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter