Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:59 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
So let me get this straight: An assistant coach at Penn State witnesses a child being raped on campus. He doesn't step in, defend the child, and stop it, but at least he reports it to his superiors. They do almost nothing about it. No one calls police, as required by law. Turns out, the pedophile coach has possibly abused at least 8 vulnerable children, and it went on for years... and the only person who cared enough about the victims to report it is now being THREATENED?? And riots are breaking about among Penn State students and fans??!? AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??!?!? :roll:

The precious football program can recover, but the children's lives are ruined. Does anyone care up there??

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:57 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
It's definitely wrong that McQueary is being threatened, but it would be a travesty if he was on the sideline coaching the game this Saturday. He did tell Paterno what he saw in 2002, but he witnessed a 10 yr old boy being raped and walked away. The inaction by all concerned is appalling. Apparently this went on as far back as 1998 and was repeatedly covered up.

IMO, everyone on the football staff will need to be replaced at the end of the season and many in the administration will need to go. PSU needs a clean sweep. Of all people I never would have thought that Paterno would be involved in this kind of terrible situation and now his entire legacy has been irrevocably tarnished. That's nothing compared to the damage done to the boys.

Post by FirstCoastTerp has received Likes: 2 mxnwilson, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
FirstCoastTerp wrote:
It's definitely wrong that McQueary is being threatened, but it would be a travesty if he was on the sideline coaching the game this Saturday. He did tell Paterno what he saw in 2002, but he witnessed a 10 yr old boy being raped and walked away. The inaction by all concerned is appalling. Apparently this went on as far back as 1998 and was repeatedly covered up.

IMO, everyone on the football staff will need to be replaced at the end of the season and many in the administration will need to go. PSU needs a clean sweep. Of all people I never would have thought that Paterno would be involved in this kind of terrible situation and now his entire legacy has been irrevocably tarnished. That's nothing compared to the damage done to the boys.

Exactly. I don't want anyone to be threatened and that's totally uncalled for. But, however bad McQuery's life is today, it is nothing as bad as the trauma that the poor kid went through, compounded by the knowledge that another adult actually saw him being assaulted and did not appear to do anything about it. The child must have truly thought that no one cared.

The whole school administration and athletic program needs to be flushed down the toilet and rebuilt. And those whiny spoiled brats who were rioting around the campus the other night have no idea how much they're further tarnishing the reputation of what had once been a proud institution.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
I cannot imagine the horror that boy has lived through. I pray the Lord will help to ease his heart and lift the terrible burden of his memories.

As a young girl, for a long time I held resentment against a junior high PE teacher because she witnessed me (a new kid at the school) being thrown into the shower, fully dressed in my street clothes, by a group of girls in my class. She walked away without a word. Another girl had to loan me dry clothes and shoes to wear for the rest of the day. I forgave the girls who did that to me when I got to know them better, within a year or so, but it was a long time before I forgave the adult who should have stopped it.

Of course, my experience was nothing compared to the damage done to these boys. I will also be praying that they all can learn to forgive. That kind of forgiveness can only come from the Lord, but it alone brings freedom.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:56 pm 
Major General

Liked: 8
This case makes me madder and madder the more I find out about it.

As far as what McQueary did NOT do, this is astounding. The first thing I hope I would have done is stop Sandusky from assaulting the boy right then and there! I would have hollered to stop, and probably beat the living crap out of him and gotten that boy help right away. If McQueary felt threatened he could have called the police right then and there. Only afterwards would the bureaucratic chain of who to tell next come into play. This is the problem with reliance on government, institutions or anyone else, when we really should be the ones to take action and responsibility personally.

I do not know why Coach Paterno did not do more. I can only suspect he was in the bureaucratic haze as well and really did think his going through basic channels to inform the higher ups would actually be enough to get action,---or he was senile and just wanted to get back to football. Paterno is an Icon, albeit one who should have retired a decade ago.