Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: User Watch List
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Good idea Debbie...or at least suspending membership.....

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:02 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
my two cents is that we just keep maintaining the board by the forum rules and if people go over the top, we ban them... we're not picking up many new members any way but you never know when the next SouthernDoc might wander in and I wouldn't want to preclude them from being allowed in

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
I feel like Melopa REALLY crossed the line with this post about Santorum. "He likes to honor guys much like himself, I guess"??? -- Is actually calling Santorum a child molester????

Quote:
Don't say I didn't warn you about him.
He sure knows how to pick em... Or maybe --
He likes to honor guys much like himself, I guess.

Santorum sponsored honor for accused PSU Coach

Then Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum thought enough of Jerry Sandusky nine years ago to sponsor the former Penn State defense coordinator for a “Congressional Angels in Adoption” award, citing his work with a non-profit group he founded to provide care for foster children.

“Its philosophy is simple: it is easier to develop a child than to rehabilitate an adult,” read the citation in the awards dinner program from Sept. 24, 2002.

Sandusky, of course, has been charged with sexual abuse of young boys and Penn State University is under fire for its handling of reports of the coach’s suspicious behavior. The burgeoning scandal reportedly is about to force legendary head coach Joe Paterno to retire.

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25917&p=218040#p218040

I feel like this post is beneath the standards of Huck's Army and needs to be deleted, and Melopa needs a warning. I'll be happy to do both if the other Mods/Admins agree.

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee Liked by: Southern Doc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:32 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
I feel like Melopa REALLY crossed the line with this post about Santorum. "He likes to honor guys much like himself, I guess"??? -- Is actually calling Santorum a child molester????

Quote:

Then Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum thought enough of Jerry Sandusky nine years ago to sponsor the former Penn State defense coordinator for a “Congressional Angels in Adoption” award, citing his work with a non-profit group he founded to provide care for foster children.

“Its philosophy is simple: it is easier to develop a child than to rehabilitate an adult,” read the citation in the awards dinner program from Sept. 24, 2002.

Sandusky, of course, has been charged with sexual abuse of young boys and Penn State University is under fire for its handling of reports of the coach’s suspicious behavior. The burgeoning scandal reportedly is about to force legendary head coach Joe Paterno to retire.

I feel like this post is beneath the standards of Huck's Army and needs to be deleted, and Melopa needs a warning. I'll be happy to do both if the other Mods/Admins agree.

By all means. I've tilted with so much I think it would come across better from someone else, but I too would be happy to do it.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:36 am 
***** General

ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:

Quote:

I'm guessing this is just continuation of his comments a while back calling Santorum a necrophiliac for spending time with his baby after the baby had passed away. I remember he caused quite a stir with that. I'm to the point where I'd be fine with banning him. Definitely give him the warning, and I wouldn't be too afraid of scaring him off with it. I agree that his comments are far beneath our standards here and there's really no upside in tolerating it.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:40 am 
***** General

Done. I warned him he will be banned if he posts such slanderous comments again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:54 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Just saw these posts about Melopa and agree about the tone/motivation of his posts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:35 am 
***** General

I just banned new user ytryusdf for spam. User made several posts advertising some diet product.

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 2 bmk2307, FirstCoastTerp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:04 pm 
***** General

I had noticed that Karrboy84 being very arrogant in other posts but decided to let it ride, but once again he is showing his true colors. I think we should clean up the latest thread and warn him.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
Just PM'd "IXR" for his Newt Advertisement. I used SD's handy dandy warn language. Thanks for that!

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Melopa is also clearly now advertising for Paul sites.

I think it may be time for an extended "time out"

Anyone else have an opinion.

BTW:

I have been VERY impressed at how well the Army has done in disagreeing over where to go next (esp the Newt v Santorum debate) without turning nasty. Clearly folks are just as passionate as ever about the country, their faith, and not using that passion as an excuse to forget civility.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 pm 
***** General

I was the one who flagged the post. I know we have been pretty lenient with the whole "No Supporting of Opposing Candidates" rule, but I think that there still is a line. And that post clearly crosses it.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:49 am 
***** General

I just deleted his post and I banned him for a week.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:58 am 
***** General

New user "ewtehtr20" posted 6 new topics about wedding dresses. Deleted and banned.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

Post by bmk2307 has received Likes: 3 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, GrannyT, maryrae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:38 am 
***** General

Just deleted and banned about 6 posts from lwkj for the same reasons.

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 2 bmk2307, GrannyT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:33 pm 
General

Liked: 52
Just FYI that I deleted 5 spam posts (about painting - drying lube, resin, chalk, oil painting, etc???) from new user jackwang and I banned the user as well. He/she just joined today.

I'm curious about why it still lists jackwang as the "newest member" on the board index page?

HuckPAC donor code R23742

Post by maryrae has received Likes: 2 bmk2307, ColoradoMom4Huckabee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:04 am 
***** General

maryrae wrote:
I'm curious about why it still lists jackwang as the "newest member" on the board index page?
I think we would need to delete the member altogether to remove them from that list.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:16 pm 
***** General

akprayingmom has posted this post in at least 5 different threads.

"The truth about Santorum... He wants Huckabee supporters to think he is the next Mike Huckabee but take a look at what he said in 2008!!
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/02/01/a ... tt-romney/"

I wrote them a PM asking them to stop and that it is in violation of Forum Rule 4.

Should we give a formal warning or wait to see if it happens again?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:11 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
Brett,
As you know, another member has used that Santorum quote on all of his posts as his "signature" for awhile now, which has put it out there on numerous threads already. akprayingmom is a long-time stalwart Huckabee supporter. I am sure she knows the rules on HA, and will not abuse them. Her intentions are to make sure all Huck supporters are not lumped into the Santorum camp, as the media is trying to do, and as overzealous as it may be, to expose some truth that many of us may not be aware of. That is what we have always strived to do here, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:35 pm 
***** General

I believe that signatures are a bit different than posts. ak copied and pasted that specific part in 4 of the posts, and added an extra sentence or two in addition to the quoted piece above in another post.

It was not being used as a signature and was literally copied and pasted into 5 separate threads.

I know that ak has been here a while, but still the rules apply. We would not like it if a RP supporter would spam a website about the "truth" about Newt or Santorum or whoever.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next